the Rift

[OPEN] Of course I can fly

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Flying is easy. I've seen Mother and Father do it. They just spread their wings and sort of... go. I'm not entirely sure about physics or aerodynamics, but what I do know is that the wind has something to do with it.

or.. Is it heat?

Well, it's definitely one of the two.

But I'll tell you a secret: I haven't actually tried yet. Now, I know what you're thinking. Is the wittle baby scared? and the answer is no, I am most certainly not scared. But you know who is? Mother. I think she thinks Ivezho and I will break, or maybe burn up. Certainly Ivezho looks like he will, and although I sort of do, we won't. We're tough like Father we just ... well, being born is hard. Ivezho can see pretty well now, and my breathing is ... don't look at me like that! It's fine. I'm fine. I'm only out here by myself because I don't want to worry anyone, that's all. We are princes, Ivezho and me. Err, I. I want to make Mother and Father proud. I'm sure I will fall a few times, so it's best that I do it out of the prying eyes of others.

What could possibly go wrong?

I inhale - it's shaky, but only because of my lung-thing, definitely not because I'm afraid. I wish there was more of a drop-off here - that's important for flying, right? The falling bit? Well, at least if I do fall, there is only sand below me. I realize I've been holding my breath, and I quickly let it out. My wings pulse with the fire that burns inside of me (just like Father).

I can definitely do this.

I wait until I feel a breeze - but it's chilly. Ugh! Frostfall! Well, maybe if I do fall I can blame it on the cold wind, not that I will fall. But you know... just in case I do.

Okay, okay. I can definitely do this. I'm doing it now.

Retreating a few steps, I pause. I'd better find out exactly where the edge is, so that I know where to jump. Trotting forwards, I draw a line in the sand with my hood, right where it starts to descend. Great. I'm definitely ready. Now I just need a breeze. Backing up again, I stand with my wings out at my sides.

Yep. All I need is a breeze and I'll totally do it ..

Image Credits

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
<style>
.peeta
{width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
.peeta:hover
{opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
</style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

"What are you doing?"

The voice was curious and not the least bit judgmental, though one might assume, based on Rhoa's inner dialogue, that he would not take kindly to being "caught in the act." Ivezho, however, was not privy to his brother's silent monologue, and so as he crested a dune and laid (somewhat fuzzy) eyes on the firstborn prince, he could not help but make his way slowly to his sibling's side and voice the first question that came to mind - which just so happened to be an inquiry as to his brother's current state.

To be fair, let us imagine finding a young colt standing, wings outspread, looking for all the world as though he were bracing himself for a strong wind (perhaps a whirlwind of some sort?). Would we not be confused, just as Ivezho was upon finding his brother in such a condition?

Despite the princeling's unquestionable intelligence, he was not the best at recognizing or properly expressing emotions. Further, the thought that Rhoa might just want some time alone was a bit of a foreign concept. Why would they be separated when they had even shared the womb? This is why he found himself upon the top of a particularly tall dune, having followed his brother's faintly glowing wings because, ultimately, he simply didn't wish to be alone. Quite frankly, he didn't really know how.

Still, his slightly-blurred vision picked out the line in the sand after a moment, and he nearly sighed with exasperation. He understood, of course - his own fragile wings called to the skies, urging him to launch himself into the deep blue; but they weren't nearly large enough to support his weight yet (or so he reasoned, lest he admit to being afraid) and so his obsession with flight had been temporarily placed aside. It seemed that his brother had not yet reached this logical conclusion.

"I wouldn't jump, if I was you," he advised wisely, sounding for all the world just like Mother.

"Talk talk talk."

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Relief felt cold and refreshing, even though the air around me was already brisk enough. I felt a surge of love, thankfulness, and joy as my twin arrived. I hadn't actually wanted to do this alone, nor had I specifically wanted to ask for Ivezho to be with me. Of course I did but ... already the masculine traits and gender roles were thrust upon me - well, upon both of us, really. With Father being who he was, how could we ever act cowardly? How could we ask for help, when flying was our birthright? Our wings (and Ivezho's entire body) burned with magic that heralded our heritage; as they grew large and awkwardly from our sides, they demanded to be used.

But how could we ask for help - even from each other - given who we were? Did anyone but us, understand the pressure?

But now I didn't have to worry about it. Ivezho was here, arriving precisely on time.

Instead of relaying my thoughts, I merely grinned challengingly, as if he were somehow lucky to arrive before I took my first steps.

"I wasn't going to jump." I replied confidently and casually. I looked at his body, pulsing with the same rhythmic internal flame as my own wings did, slightly jealous that the markings covered his entire body. It made him appear so much stronger, more formidable - wait! My thoughts tumbled from his body to his nearly identically formed face with masked horror. Had he already tried to fly? My ignorance swallowed me up whole, as the thought - never before considered - descended upon me. Here I was, stupidly glad to see him, thinking that he had arrived just in time to do this together, when perhaps he already had.

Would he do this without me? The thought was shocking (hypocritical as that may be, given what I was just about to do without him).

"I was going to fly." I finished, trying to swallow and squash the jealousy that was beginning to prematurely boil inside of me. My wings pulsed slightly faster, as I pulled them to my sides. Kicking the sand with an indignant snort, I looked over the small cliff. "...Have you?" I asked rather shyly, my voice betraying the insecurity I felt, at thinking Ivezho had flown first.

Image Credits

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Hooves flying over the sand, ebony limbs flecked with white stretching out before snapping back close, hurtling the stallion across the sand. If one did not pay attention, it seemed as if his hooves barely kissed the ground before they were back in the air. Bucephalus always felt galloping to be a dance of sorts, where one must keep a steady rhythm and stay in tune with the chorus of the wind and body.

Of course he wasn't truly being that poetic at the moment, a colt-like delight overtaking him at the speed of which he flew over the land without wings. His actual wings were tucked close, so they wouldn't cause drag and slow him down. But when a strange sight caught his gaze, the gold-eyed stallion spread his wings slightly to slow himself down to a canter, turning round towards the things that had caught his interest. Quickly, he realized that the 'thing' was really two 'things', and those two were young pegasi.

"I wasn't going to jump." Buce's ears pricked sharp at the sound of one of the two's voices, a distinct boyish tone, and quick glance confirmed both the youngsters were colts. "I was going to fly." The confident tone of the one that had spoken had an amuse smile cross the stallions lips. "Then why did you not?" He asked as he slowed to a trot, then a walk, pausing at the base of the dune(To the stallion, it was more like a bump) and looking up at both colts in amusement and curiousity. What were two youngsters doing out here?

@[Rhoa]
@[Ivezho]

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in any posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)