the Rift

Fairy Tales are for the Innocent

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

This place was foreign to the yearling, and it smelled heavily of other horses. There was more evidence of their presence, as well, with grass well worn from trodden hooves and paws alike. Abraham stalked, his ears perked and swiveling to catch noise. His body was on guard after being whisked into the sky uninvited and plopped onto this island. Frostfall had not touched here as it had back on the ground--or, well, Helovian ground. The boy's thick winter coat, courtesy of his father, clung to his limbs. He felt like he did in the spring before he shed, except this fur was not going to fall and he was forced to be miserably warm for the extent of his visit. His lightly feathered hooves crashed into the dark grass with a curious fury, his tail lashing against his hocks. Gwyneverre, in all her glory, flew about the skies far above Abraham's line of vision.

There was something different about this place, something the darkling prince could not put his mind to quite yet. There was an air of calmness here, bitter and odd on his tongue. Stopping, Abraham called down his fiery beast. Yes? The queen asked, her white body descending from the sky like a rocket before landing on the ground in front of Abraham. She curled her small, strong body to lay in a sphynx position, tail curling around her body. She puffed smoke from her maw towards her bondmate, a brow raised sassily. "Let us call a god. Mother and Father have been touched by them--and I gently, with you--but I have an idea, now."

Gwyn purred as she wiggled her frame back up into the sky, large wings flapping as the sun nearly shone through them. Opening her muzzle and dipping it back, the dragoness let loose a spiral of intense, white flame. "You who controls darkness, come to me!" Abraham beckoned, his young voice deep in the wind.

A B R A H A M               

Hell, fear me
I am the one that will bring you down

morguefile

@[Random Event] -- Using my VoTG pass to hail the Goddess of the Moon.

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
A billowing wind like a storm began to pick up, howling and swirling around the small island. Clouds funneled from the skies into a devastating twister, swirling powerfully and tugging at everything in the vicinity. Black winds seemed to condense, taking the shape of an alluring and yet darkly powerful mare, snapping into her figure as is she was made of the very storm on which she arrived. As soon as her pale, lavender coat was visible, the winds died down, and she glared her pupilless, gray eyes at the boy standing there, his demanding voice chafing her sensibilities.

The goddess strode forward with confidence, looking him up and down with a sour expression on her stunningly feminine features. Nothing but a boy. A boy with a fire dragon, and she snorted, shaking her head. "And what do you want?" she asked, voice as smooth as a snake and charming as innocence. "You, boy, who thinks he can demand what he wants?" She had things to do. Places to be. Work to be done. This heathen was not worth her time right now. Recruiting was not at the top of her list.

Image Credit

Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

The winds lifted and sped up around the youngling and his dragon. Silencing her fire, the white reptile collapsed her wings and hugged herself, spiralling towards the ground before, in the last second, she unfurled her wings and landed gracefully on her bondmate's croup. The colt's mismatched eyes narrowed as he looked around the field, taking a step back as a great funnel cloud began to form above him. In the descent of the spiral, a pale figure was conceived. Abraham's jaw nearly dropped as he watched the mare approach him. She was beautiful, with her silver-purple coat and her domineering gaze. Her eyes reminded the colt of his twin, as they were the same dark, cold shade of grey.

Her voice was sharp, and it gave the colt the impression that she did not want to be in his presence. Then why come? Gwyneverre snarled inwardly, white tail lashing behind her as she moved to crawl up to Abraham's mane. Unlike his normal greeting, the child did not tip his dual spears towards this mare's throat, for she was the Goddess of Darkness. Abraham felt some sort of respect towards her, different than the respect he felt towards his brother and his parents, and the feel of it was foreign in his breast.

"I am Abraham, son of Circe and Archibald the Dauntless. I seek from you the ability to travel across this realm quicker. My parents have graced me with many abilities, but speed and endurance are not them. Please" He added the last word as a hiss, moving his oddly colored eyes down and away from the mare. The word was bitter on his tongue, and he despised using it. He knew, however, that if he did not keep some semblance of manners and respect around this Goddess, she could end him. Abraham did not have time for death.

"And this is my dragon, Gwyneverre. She was given to me because of my strength." The darkling prince nodded some, lifting his eyes again to meet the steel grey of the Moon Goddess' own eyes. For the grey to resemble his wombmate, it comforted the child to a degree. There was something in familiarity that made this situation seem less intimidating.

A B R A H A M               

Hell, fear me

morguefile

Abraham is requesting this :: [Magic: Dark x Water |Able to disappear into a thick, inky black fog and teleport to a destination one board/territory over(like from the Threshold to the Deep Forest, etc) Fog causes horses in close vicinity to cough/choke] @[God of the Moon]

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
His response did little to soothe the ire that wound in her veins like metal, cold and heavy as a blade. He thought far too highly of himself given his age and meager accomplishments, but especially given his insignificant mortal existence. Who was he compared to her? Nothing.

The Goddess of the Moon favored those that knew their place - kneeling.

"Did they also give you your arrogance? she asks sweetly, the words like the velvet coating of a knife's sheath. His disposition chafed her; she was the most supreme, and please was hardly enough acknowledgement of that from him, the measly worm that he was feeding off this earthen ground. She held back a sneer with a smile.

"Such giving parents... but you are wise to notice I can give more." She tilts her head faintly, sterling eyes tracing the shape of his boyish figure, finding it wanting. Perhaps as a stallion he would be more interesting, but for the time being his accomplishments did not entice her. "To start, take these from me." The lavender body rippled as her wings brushed out from her sides. She held them before her, extended like arms cradling the dark wind that began to swirl as she exhaled. Five pinpricks of ethereal light twinkled into existence and the darkness drew itself to them until each tiny star had its own dark whirlwind.

When she withdrew her wings, five moon amulets lingered. She breathed once more and gently they coasted over to the boy, to be spun into his mane or around his neck with silver moonlight. "Watch over them for now. There is already magic inside, magic which I wouldn't want anyone else to get their hooves on. Do that for me and we will see about your request..."

As she spoke she began to fade into a fog which rolled away from him and into nothing by the time she had finished.

Unfortunately the magic you requested is too powerful for basic magic. The administration apologizes for not noticing this sooner when reviewing your wishlist, but we hope the ideas we suggest will be to your satisfaction.

Magic 1: Teleportion with smoke -> (u) smoke causes toxic symptoms
OR
Magic 1: Teleportion with smoke -> (u) farther teleportation
Magic 2: Can create smoke with toxic symptoms -> (u) can cause worse smoke

Thank you for understanding!

The quest is as follows:
Abraham is given 5 moon amulets already containing magic. In 5 separate threads an amulet's magic will activate (please tag RE to ensure I notice). Once all 5 amulets have been spent and broken return to complete your quest.
Image Credit

The youngling listened, keeping his mouth closed. This Goddess before him was not pleased with his request, he knew, but she knelt to his will anyway. Inwardly, the boy smiled with his power. This purple-hued mare was granting him with the whims of his heart, his need for power and destruction. Abraham was gaining strength today. Gwyneverre rested, intrigued by the Goddess, never taking her eyes off of her.

When the embodiment of the Moon opened her wings and the amulets attached to Abraham, the dark prince took a step back, eyes wide in wonder as they wrapped intricately into his mane. The amulets were tied with moonlight, and Gwyn watched and cooed gently. She enjoyed these amulets, and she gently touched one with her front hands. She held the amulet and looked it over carefully with fiery eyes. "Thank you for your time. I will watch these amulets like I watch Gwyen when she was but an egg. I will return, successful."

The crowned boy dipped his head to the Goddess--more out of obligation than respect--and turned his body away. Gwyneverre moved from her perch to glide near him, mumbling through their bond about the beauty of the amulets. Do not get used to them. I do not think we will have them forever. Abraham brushed his tail behind him nonchalantly, knowing where he needed to be next: with Reginald. His wombmate would need to hear what was happening, what power Abraham would gain. Together, the sons of hellion would grow stronger. Abraham was sure to do his part, and now he needed to encourage his twin to do as much. Reginald's mind was strong, but he needed to train himself in all ways to gain the ultimate power--that, the younger twin learned from his parents--was the only way to dominate and destroy in Helovia.

A B R A H A M               

Hell, fear me

morguefile

Abraham is requesting this :: (copied from Official PM) Magic: Can only teleport twice in battle but not outside the battle itself (ie cannot teleport a whole land away) and can only travel once per thread normally (so he would have to fully leave a thread - not leave and come back)
Upgrade: "Can only teleport twice in battle but not outside the battle itself, can only travel once per thread normally, and the toxic effects last for 20 seconds

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme