the Rift

[OPEN] Holding Our Own

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The angel left the Dragon's Throat in high spirits, for Frostfall provided the desert a rather lovely time of year. The nights may be cold, but the days were actually quite pleasant. Her coat, though slightly thicker than normal, was still lovely, shimmering almost iridescent in the Sun's light. She was pleased to be going beyond her borders, for it had been some time since she had taken the initiative to do so. There was simply so much to do at home - so much that required her attention, her input, her assistance. She needed a break.

Not that this was a break, precisely - after all, she ventured forth from the borders of the desert in an attempt to patrol the wilds. Her assignment (for even a Sultana must subject herself to such things) was to investigate the Frostbreath Steppe, a far northern land that came closer to the unicorns of the Basin than she was entirely comfortable with. Africa's story was close to her heart, and she had no desire to find herself in the same predicament. Surely, surely... they would not dare touch a herd's leader on neutral ground - right?

Her doubt grew as she found herself further north, entering colder territories and the beginning of snow flurries. A cold wind flickered across her pelt, coaxing a shiver that never seemed to end along her spine, and she pulled her wings tighter against herself in an attempt to conserve what little warmth she had. She was not particularly fond of the cold, and so as she traversed ever more thickly blanketed terrain and her legs became more drenched and chilled and the wind cut more sharply through her tousled feathers, her mood darkened considerably. It had to be cold, she grumbled silently, as from somewhere above Astraeus offered a comforting cry.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Satanic Silk] - if you want to join in for our patrol. :3

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel heard the familiar sound of wings flapping over the sky, and she jumped behind a snow bank, relying on her pale coat not to give her away so quickly. What was with all the winged ones come up here so often? Should she tell Illynx? Were they scouting to take over her home with their tempers and uncontrollable rage? As Aithniel peeked out from behind the snow bank, she saw a white pegasus who blended almost perfectly into the background, and she blinked against the wind, catching snowflakes on her dark lashes.

Maybe she should protect the herd, right? I mean, who knows if this one was the person who killed that pegasus in the sky. Aithniel jumped quickly from behind the bank, clicking her heels together so that flames burst around her, giving off beautiful hues and heat. She trotted through the deep snow, her coat think and prepared for this weather after having lived in the Basin for so long.

Aithniel was still rather small for her age, and the hair on her neck was just beginning to fall over even though her tail was very short. Maybe Rikyn would be out here too to have her back and kick snow balls at this stranger. Okay, maybe that was rude, but it would still be fun. "Who are you!?" she demanded purposefully, marching around in the snow and breathing rhythmic puffs of white.

"Are you coming here to spy?" Oh no! What if she was related to that black and red unicorn! What if he spied for her! Or she spied for him! Aithniel frowned, lifted her head sternly. The wind blew any scent away that she could use to recognize the mare, but her bravery was enough instinct to mask all of her senses. Foolish, too.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
It'd taken me damn long enough to find myself flying over Frostbreath Steppe, and now that I am here it doesn't surprise me that I've taken so long to get here. Cold as fuckin' hell. It feels like even the warmest parts of my body are icy to the touch. Just my luck that I'd have to patrol one of the coldest places of Helovia during the coldest part of the year. However, one of my Sultanas is paired with me, and that I take comfort in. Though I wish that Africa was my patrol partner instead of Sohalia. I have nothing against the snowy dove, but she's not my soulmate. How could she possibly top that?

Only problem is that I cannot spot the white lady in the deep snow that covers the Steppe. Instead, I spot what seems like flecks of gold in the snow. I'm not sure what it is from up high, but that just means I need to investigate. I slowly descend and land in the snow behind the flecks - which turn out to be a filly. Mostly white, but with some gray and gold markings. I do not know her, but she certainly merits my attention: she's angrily addressing Sohalia. My eyes harden as I step up behind her, careful to avoid her hooves should they come flying at me. "Excuse me, child. That is no way to talk to your elders or a queen." I don't shout, I don't curse. But my voice is hard and reprimanding. Whatever my relationship with Sohalia, I have great respect for her. This child should learn some manners or be off immediately. I glance at Sohalia to make sure she is well. I suspect she is, but who knows, since I've only just arrived.

Walking "Talking"

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

And what are you looking for?

The Steppe was where he went to find solitude, to walk steps that no one else would see - save for perhaps Ophelia when she, too, came here to seek the soft silence of being utterly alone. But, it seemed today was not that day. Irelyn barked at him that she saw flashes of movement in the distance, three bodies, and Torleik frowned. 'From home?' he inquired, sooty and white swirled coat contrasting violently against the pale saturation of pure snow.

'One child. Others...no. Wings. And dark.'

Torleik's expression hardened. Pegasi. The hell were they doing up here? Picking up his pace, the general trotted over one bank, then another, finally cresting a third to see the gathering below. He immediately recognized Aithniel from the time he'd met her before, and the familiar pain of a winged child stung at his chest - but it was dulled now, and the Bloodskald was grateful to feel it fading. His pace swiftly brought him shoulder to shoulder with the filly who'd grown much since he last saw her, and his wary gaze flicked from this pegasus mare to this...stallion whose wings were...disgusting. The mare he somewhat recognized. He'd seen her before somewhere, he felt. This male? No. He would remember wings like that.

"I will assume the two of you know you are close to Basin borders, and have no intent to trespass," the Bloodskald said, voice measured, tone authoritative, but even and not-yet-threatening. "Might I ask your names, travelers, and what you seek out here in the Steppe?"

@[Sohalia]
@[Aithniel]
@[Satanic Silk]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!