the Rift

[OPEN] Return to where it all Began [Throat Patrol]

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

Today, I would complete my patrol. I had not seen Cera in a long time, and I missed my friend. As i've gotten older I wonder if I miss him more because he is one of the few I know in the Throat, or if there is another reason. I have spent much of my time on my own, struggling to learn how to fly. I have my landings down pat... It's my takeoffs that still need work. That is not the reason I am here now. FrostFall has arrived, and even though I have failed the herd last season and did not patrol I must make sure I do not fail them this time.

Okay, so yes I am here hoping to run into Cera. We are patrol partners, and should be doing this together... But since I have not seen him I shall do it on my own. Gracefully I land at the entrance to the caves. It seemed like a million years since I had been here. The first part of my life in Helovia was spent in these caves. Elsa had led me here to keep me safe. I really do need to go visit her in the Falls.

I linger at the entrance, not really sure I want to go back in here on my own. At my nervousness my magic floods my veins. I can feel my fire magic ready to react. It seems all the practice I have had with it has come in handy. Hesitantly I take a step forward, and then another. Slowly I begin the walk through the caves... I can only hope there is nothing major to report back on....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@[Cera] - If you want to join since they should be patrolling together. Otherwise open to all.

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Warm currents lifted paling wings and lithe form, keeping the young stallion aloft on the abnormally heated drafts. Frostfall was harsh and unrelenting, crackling icy plains upon even the desert sands of his home. It was a relief to enjoy the magma heat of the Hearts, even if it caused a resurfacing of memories that Cera would rather not deal with. Alone in the skies, it was hard to resist the urge to drift into thoughts that would not lead him down a favorable path. Contemplative sea-glass green eyes drifted lazily across the rivers of red below, searching for the lovable lass he'd found himself missing as the seasons wore on. She'd been invisible, it seemed, consistently escaping Cera's company. Was she well? He found himself worrying further, though he was sure that the maiden was at least in good health and still a part of their family, or he would never have been assigned to her excursion.

A winged figure below, approaching the yawning mouth of the cave system, was Cera's assurance that Amani had not disappeared since he had last laid eyes on her. Circling widely, the youth tilted his flight wings inwards, an easy descent guiding him to the expanse of rock behind her. Pale hooves clattered in a cacophony of sound, skittering loose pebbles as the warmth intensified. Red bleeding light onto his skin, bathing in the colors as he jogged towards the beautiful mare before him. Certainly she had grown since he'd last been in her presence, and she was as beautiful as Cera had known she would age to be. The tension along her lithe shoulders, however, was something he intended to chase away.

Ilaria's absence was noted with a sense of loss, as his skin shifted to follow Amani's tentative steps. She had desired to see Amani again, but Cera was unwilling to take her along with him after the Sun God's warning. He trusted that she would be safe beneath his watchful, benevolent gaze, in the protected sands of their homeland. Ryuu certainly loved her company, as it was, and Cera knew the boy needed her more than he did at times. Snorting his approach, if she had perhaps not heard the click of his hooves on the stone behind her, Cera reached out to potentially brush his soft muzzle across the expanse behind her shoulder. Smile encouraging and kind. "Together?" he offered, taking a few more steps onto the declining earthen path leading into the system of caverns.

@[Amani]

I'll protect you till the day I'll meet my maker, so don't fight me now 'cause you might need me later
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

The sound of wings and hooves against the rock alert me to someone coming. I turn my head quickly, to see who it was ready to attack if need be. But the moment my eyes see him my entire body relaxes. "Cera." My voice is soft, almost has a bell like tone to it now. Even it had changed since I had grown up. My eyes lit up with joy and a smile crossed my lips. His muzzle drifts gently across my shoulder. The touch was most certainly welcome. "Together?" I nodded and agreed with him. "Together." My gaze then shifts to the caverns below.

I shiver, remembering how dark Helovia had been when I first arrived. How Elsa had guided me to the safety of these caverns. I had hide in the corner of one, to scared to come out until something had pulled me. That something had been the tug of the God of the Sun. Light had lit up Helovia and I had sought His presence. It was there I had met Cera. I had started out in the Falls but did not feel like it was home. Instead I sought the Throat, and Cera was there again.

I glance over my shoulder as my hooves click across the stone slightly. "Think we will find anything down here?" I ask, a bit nervous that the scary wraith things I had heard about would of taken refuge in the only real darkness left. What would we do if they had? I didn't know how to protect myself from them... Did Cera? Could we run and fly fast enough to get away? It would be a real test of my flight skills if that were the case....

@[Cera]

x - x

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Cocoa kissers mold around his name beautifully, and the young stag lowered his head towards her at the sound of his title. It is a gift, to see the sway he has on her, bear witness to the ease of her figure as his identity is recognized. Though it does little to ease the befuddled emotions at seeing her so grown up, so much more mature than the quiet, adorable filly he'd scooped up from the Deep Forest. It made his entire body feel...frankly uncomfortable, unable to decipher his own emotions. Which was a drastic change, considering how intimately he knew his own (often previously interchanging) emotional states. Mentally shaking his head at himself, Cera instead focused on the yawning mouth of the cave system, his whiskers twitching with the loss of her warm skin still lingering on his lips.

Cera follows behind her in the instant she moves forth, their hooves creating a cacophony of sound as their strides refuse to match up. It's difficult for the adolescent to choose whether he should walk before Amani or behind, not knowing which direction was liable to be more dangerous. He wanted to be able to pivot well enough to protect her should danger arise, but no advantageous positions were forthcoming and the path of descent was a narrow one. Cera unconsciously pressed close to the beautiful girl, shoulder nearly in her flank, refusing to leave her side even if it meant a tighter fit down the entrance path.

Her words draw his protective mindset away to a more logical form. Squinting into the darkness as his eyes adjusted, Cera snorted softly. "I hope nothing dangerous. I can't protect you very well in such close quarters. But hopefully something of importance, at least?" Trying to put a hopeful spin on it was difficult to say the least, but if it quelled the quaver of her voice then he would damn well do a jig right there and then. She was far more beautiful smiling than any other expression he'd seen light up her face.

The caverns opened up into the foremost room, and Cera swept ahead of her for a brief moment, assuring there was nothing in the gaping space before slowing and returning to her side. "I'm sorry that I've been so scarce, Ama. My sister recently had a foal, and I've been trying to support the pair of them," the prince explained softly, eyes warm with a tinge of regret. He'd sworn to be there for Amani, to be her brother and protect and guide her. Despite having good reasoning, he still felt as if he had failed the beautiful lass.

Maybe the apology would help spur the conversation and calm her fears, distract her from the dangers Cera could feel in his very skin.

@[Amani]

I'll protect you till the day I'll meet my maker, so don't fight me now 'cause you might need me later
I am Ceraaaa

Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

Our hooves are mismatched as we decend into the caves. His shoulder presses against my flank, and it is a comforting feeling. To be honest there is a part of me that would love to be tucked up under his wing like I had been so long ago. But that could not be, as we have been trusted with a task and it is a task we shall complete together.

When I ask if he thought we'd find anything, his words soothed my nervousness slightly. "I hope nothing dangerous. I can't protect you very well in such close quarters. But hopefully something of importance, at least?" I nodded and smiled, golden eyes turning to look around the cave as it opened up. He surges ahead of me, and I am unsure if he does so to keep me safe or just to break the contact between us. I am reasured of the first reason as he soon returns to my side. "I'm sorry that I've been so scarce, Ama. My sister recently had a foal, and I've been trying to support the pair of them," I continue to smile, extending my muzzle to nuzzle his neck if he would allow it. "No reason to be sorry Cera. I knew you must be dealing with something pretty important if you were not around. I'm just glad we got paired on this patrol."

If I was honest with myself completely, I would realize I cared about Cera as more than jsut a big brother. Now that I am grown, my eyes have begun taking in everyone in a different light than they had as a child. Well, maybe I am not fully grown in age as I have yet to turn three. But at two I have started to notice things. Things like how handsome Cera was, how strong he looks.

But I must not linger on those things now, as I need to stay focused. Danger could lurk within these caves. The fire magic in my veins seemed to rise up, ready to attack. Yet at the same time I was not afraid. After all, what could happen to me as long as Cera is here?

@[Cera]

x - x

Whatever he has managed to say, it calmed her. For that, he was thankful. Cera did not consider himself to be a very eloquent stallion, then again he was a rather humble soul in essence and would not ever consider himself as something incredible. So long as she felt more peaceful, his job was complete. Cera had already failed her once, swept away as he had been by the whirlwind of his sister and nephew. By the might of his body and mind, he would not make the same mistake again. Amani did not deserve the loneliness he had experienced as a colt, and he had been the one to steal her away from the Falls and the absent motherly figure she'd had. It was his job to protect and guide her, make sure his promise did not fall flat, that she would not come to regret leaving with him to join the Throat.

A slow, genuine smile budded on his pale lips. "As am I, Ama. I miss spending time with you," he admitted easily, ever one to wear his heart upon his shoulder in plain view. It brought him trouble more often than not, but he had yet to come to regret it. The warmth upon his neck from her lips was calming, entirely too pleasant. Cera curled the arch of his neck to attempt a brush against the flat of her forehead in response. There could be no lack of attention on the patrol, but they were alone, and she deserved a little bit of affection after how long he had left her alone.

As they traverse the open caverns, Cera lifted his closest wing in an attempt to brush the feathers of her own. Attempting to draw her attention. "Have you been well, Ama? You have grown so much since I last saw you, I feel I've missed an eternity of your life," he murmured, eyes upon solely her even as his other senses took over, ensuring they were not completely defenseless on this expedition.

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

"As am I, Ama. I miss spending time with you," Oh how my heart flutters as he says those simple words. Why it flutters so I do not understand. I have kept my heart hidden from all ever since the murders of my parents.... Other than the one time I told Elsa she was like a mother to me. It was after that she kept her distance. I do not know if it was intentional or not. After all, she had been named Mason of the Falls.

In a way, it was much like what had gone on between Cera and I. I had fled the Falls feeling alone. I had found him in the Deep Forest and followed him to my destiny. I could feel how in tune with everything I was once I joined the Throat. As if the desert land was where I was supposed to be. After all, if my mother had not fled she had planned on moving there. Perhaps I am filling the plan the God of the Sun had for her.... No, surely not. Surely the Gods knew all and knew her ending would come to soon. No, everything had been the way it had been so that I would find my way to where I was supposed to be.

As my lips brushed against Cera's neck, his neck arched in response. My forehead gently brushed against it. Oh how I suddenly crave his affection. I long for the touch of my skin against his. I do not want to move. But we must. I have to focus, as to get distracted now could be deadly for us both.

As we move on, I keep my distance. I did not want to cause such a distraction to either of us again. However this time it is Cera who reaches out, his wing gently brushing mine. My head turns to look at him as he speaks. "Have you been well, Ama? You have grown so much since I last saw you, I feel I've missed an eternity of your life," His voice was low, as if sad. Oh I can not simply take this. I completely shove aside the fact we are on patrol, the fact he holds a higher rank than I do. My frame seeks to press against his side like it had so long ago in the forest. Like it had still be when I had been tucked under his wing as I arrived for the first time in the Throat. "I have been well, learning how to fly among exploring other places in Helovia. I am eager to learn everything I can..." I move to nuzzle the side of his shoulder this time, just wanting him to be alright again.

@[Cera]

x - x

As they venture onward, Cera is reminded of how beautiful the caverns really were. The gems gleamed and glowed with unnatural light, casting shadows on the floor as the pair moved, dancing and melding as if the two creatures were one. Shadows had no concept of individuality, and it was almost endearing, seeing how they were turned into a singular concept beneath the flickering light. Or maybe he was being sentimental.

His sadness seems to shove her into motion, and she leaps to his side, the pair stumbling as they fall together like jigsaw pieces. Nostalgia flows through him like the little streams they bypass as his wing moves to settle over her, their feathers interlocking pleasantly as the underside of his wing met the outside of her own. He tugs her closer, a smile creeping up on his lips. Craning his neck he returns the little hug as well as he can, sharing her warmth and listening to the soft soprano of her voice. It's pleasing, reassuring him that maybe he can be forgiven after all for being so absent from her life as of late.

"Flying! Would you allow me to help teach you, Ama? It would be an honor." Though she is no longer the little filly he remembers, he cannot help but still see her as such. Was that bad of him? After all, she deserved to be seen as the flowering mare she was. Cera felt lost, not sure how to best act around her anymore. Amani was absolutely beautiful, but he saw in her the baby sister Ranjiri used to be for him. Was it appropriate to act like that with Amani?

As they entered the crystal cavern, he leaned away from her for a moment, plucking a loose gem from the wall and holding it in his lips delicately, nudging her back to the glowing room. There, he retrieves one of the pulsing vines, and sets about awkwardly wrapping it around the crystal until it is secure to his satisfaction. He then turns to wind it and braid it into Amani's hair, the gem a beautiful pink wrapped in glowing mint-colored vines. He smiles at her, lips freed once more. "A beautiful gem for a beautiful mare," he cooed softly, warm green eyes seeking out her own. Would she like the gift? After all, it was not something he had truly made. She could have acquired it on her own.

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)