the Rift

[OPEN] As dark as day, as cold as fire.

Naira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Naira

Something white moved against the black of the sky, and something black moved against the snow. Should one investigate, you will find Naira is walking around the edges of the Basin. After being let in by Ulrik, the giraffe of a lady had walked atop the ridges, searching for these 'caves' Ulrik had spoken about. Of course, she preferred not staying in an enclosed space, but having an evil lair did sound appealing to her.

A giggle rose into the night as she cracked the joke with herself. She wandered down the ridge now, into the Basin itself, but she stuck along the edges. She wandered lazily all the way to the back of the Basin, and she finally saw a few caves lining the walls. She stared at them for a long time, fighting a battle within herself.

Her well carved ears fell back into soft, new mane as the wind stroked her neck. It was cold, maybe the cave would help for that. She reached down and scratched her nose on her leg before looking up again. She gazed around her. As far as she could see, there was nobody in sight. "Asleep, that's why Big Eyes, they're sleeping," she said softly, hauntingly.

A new series of shivers ran down her spine, and she bit at her shoulder. Her ass was cold too, but at least she had half a tail there. She was hungry, but she pushed the gnawing in her stomach away. Her hipbones were starting to show along with her ribcage. She sighed heavily. It sounded as if she carried the world's burden, and she could do nothing about it.

She gazed at the caves again, but she couldn't shake the image of the cages in the lair (as it was called). Her ears fell back as she hissed at the voices whispering to her. "Be quiet! He'll find me," she said so venomously they shut up. It was their fault. All their fault.

OCC: I don't know how the cave thing works completely, so if someone could help her out it would be appreciated! :). And it's time that she meets some fellow Basiners! :D

Born in cold blood.
Marco Monetti At Flicker.com

Vale Posts: N/A
Unregistered
VALE

The edges of the basin were silent and empty as he prowled the black and white landscape. The cold air frosting his breath on the exhale, little white puffs curling from his dark lips before disappearing into the backdrop. The glossy ink of his flesh stark against the white snow, the only colour dripped from his eyes like sweet sticky honey. The cold had never bothered him; he preferred the empty silence of nights like these. Wrapping it around him like a cloak, a black wolf fading in and out of the trees no more than a ghost. His passing only showed by the hoof-prints he left in the snow, forgotten by morning.

Vale had taken to the night, restless and bored. The Basin was still a newborn to him, still much to explore and so many he had yet the pleasure (or annoyance) to meet. His golden guide, the one who had brought him here originally had mentioned something of residence, set back into the mountain side. The dark mouths of caves littered the mountain side, inviting those in from the frozen air, the wolf didn't care much for the use of shelter but more so he wanted a place to keep an eye on things, somewhere high and dark where he could watch the goings on of others, looking for trouble or chaos to involve himself in for his own twisted amusement.

The current of air changed, the silence broken by another and the wind brought a voice to his ears.

"Be quiet! He'll find me"

He sought after the owner of the troubled voice, curious as to who would wander the night along with him. Golden eyes flashed in the dark coming to rest on a mare at the mouth of a cave, black inked and pale headed she stood tall, higher than himself.

“I hope you don’t mean me” he spoke with a lazy grin, coming up to stand at the mouth of the cave and making a show to peer in. “I wonder if anyone’s home…” almost to himself.

“Vale” he supplies with a dip of his jagged crown, offering it as a title. “And you, lovely lady might be…? Is there a reason for your late night stroll? The cold usually deters most others”

"Talking"
OOC::Hope you don't mind Vale jumping in, he's new himself but will try to help in his own silly way xD
Tag:: @[Naira]

Table Credit From the lovely Sevin

Image Credit

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

Oh how I enjoyed these caves! An unexpected blessing that had emerged from living within the Basin, reminding me of the days when I held the utmost power over Srotigus Pit, I wasted no time in settling into one of the caves that I had found earlier in the day. The musty air, the echo of hooves clicking and wind howling, the darkness…It was home sweet home in my eyes. Once again, I was the Viper that haunted my own grounds. Or at least that was how it felt. Certainly it would feel even homier with a mare or two in my possession, along with the title of king. Yes, then I would feel truly at home. But I was still able to enjoy myself while hiding away from the world, pacing wide awake whilst the herd slept. Or at least, I thought they were sleeping.

My auds pricked as voices began to echo into the caves, and from the depths of the cavern I stopped in my tracks. Stock still, I stood in the very back of the hood, hiding silently in the shadows while my chocolate gaze narrowed in on the owners of the voices. Outside, a young vixen. A tall vixen. Good god, that bitch was disproportionate. With legs that could go one for miles, she towered over myself and just about every other soul I had encountered. I watched her with mild curiosity, noting the way she kept glancing at the caves. It seemed as though she was having some sort of inner battle. My lips tugged into a smirk as I watched her ears flick back before she muttered once again. Oh, my own personal entertainment.

She was not alone for long, for she was soon joined by a much shorter stallion, one that was even shorter than myself. The smirk on my muzzle grew for just a moment at the size difference, suppressing a chuckle. When the stallion stood out the mouth of the cave which I resided, my crown jerked upwards, chin tucked to my chest, and auds pinned back into ebony tresses. Instantly my gaze turned cold as he poked his nosy head in. ’I wonder if anyone’s home…’ He didn’t seem to notice me though as he began to introduce himself and attempt small talk with the leggy mare. I wondered just how I should break up their little chit-chat, wondering if I should even bother at all. I had gone unnoticed this far, perhaps they could provide some entertainment for me? Or, I could pretend they awoke me. Yes, I could be that crotchety old mane waving his horn at the no good hooligans standing on his lawn. As entertaining as that little charade would be, I doubt that it would last for long.

So, I quietly spoke, allowing the cave to echo my calling for me. ”Indeed, the devil is home.” I weighed the pros and cones of letting them in before finally deciding that I could always just kick them out later if they got on my nerves, or if I wished to be alone. I would much rather let the mare in alone, but the shorter stallion did not seem as too much of a threat at the moment. With a grimace, I offered my shelter. ”You are welcome to enter, should you wish to take a break from the chill.” Eyes glanced to the mare’s thin state, remembering that we as Basiners had been granted a special gift from the Gods. Though temporary, it was indeed one of the most useful gifts I had ever heard of, the ability to defrost the ice and snow along with temporarily breathing life into the vegetation underneath. ”You need to eat, my pet.” I muttered, slowly bringing myself to the mouth of the cave to reveal myself.

As the sharp winds hit my spotted coat, the muscles shivered and twitched. As I stood half outside of the cave, I lowered my crown to the earth and tucked my chin close to my body, enabling my horn to brush against the snow covered ground. After a moment, the snow began to clear away, melting to my will as my horn gave off some sort of unknown heat that only affected the frozen water. Now that the barren earth was revealed, I changed my focus. Though it took a little longer, blades of grass soon revived and sprung back to life. I stepped away from the circle of grass, which was only about a foot in diameter, and glanced to the tall vixen. With a rough nod of my head, I offered it to her. “As fellow Basiners, you two should also be able to do the same this season. I suggest you eat quickly, it does not last forever.” My deep voice grumbled, and I turned back to re-enter the cave. They were welcome to eat what I had left, and for the time-being, had a short window of opportunity to join me inside. With every passing second, that window grew smaller and smaller, before my distaste for pleasantries would return with my nasty temper.

OOC: Magic referenced from being winners of Herd Champions, where they have this skill for the month of October. Basically, he poked his head out, revealed the grass, then went back in, lol.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Unregistered
Naira

Naira's head shot up and she held her head high and alert as another voice joined her own in the ghostly night. This stranger asked if she meant him. Meant him what? The senseless question formed in her mind. "What do you mean?" she asked in a deep, but soft voice. Her head shot up and ears pinned back at her own voice. It sounded so strange....so...normal.

She watched him peer into the cave, and used the opportunity to back up. She walked about three steps backwards, the action was done with speed, and one would not know she moved if they were not watching her. She gazed down at the stallion; she towered over him, as he provided a name. Vale.

He asked her name. Her name....what was it? Ah, yes. "My name?" she giggled. The simple sound was twisted and wrong, poisonous. "Naira," she said lightly. "I do not sleep, and the cold is bothersome indeed," she answered his second question.

Her brilliant blue gaze turned slowly to another who presented himself in the company. She had heard his voice from within the cave before, but she though it was in her head.

The devil? Was it really him?

"Is the devil not the source of evil? Does he not kill and harm and bring sadness? Does he not ruin and break what is beautiful? If you are the truly the devil, tell me, where is my master? Is he searching for me?" she inquired in a childish voice, curiously. With wide eyes she looked at him, waiting for an answer. Her master was after all, a puppet of the devil.

Her ears fell back and she bit at the ice beneath her at his calling for her. I am no pet. She thought she spoke the words aloud, but they never came. That was what she was after all; a weapon disguised as simply, a pet.

She gazed distastefully at the grass he revealed and provided. Her appetite was useless, it ran off long before. Instead the magnificence that was her eyes followed him into the cave, and soon after she followed hesitantly.

"Come Vale," she said lightly, girlishly, but still so twisted and venomously. Almost as if Vale was hers, her pet.

OCC: No problem at all Vale! Thanks for joining! :), also, should I tag Vale? XD
Tag;; @[Vale]

Born in cold blood.

Unregistered
VALE

The black had looked back to find the two-toned girl had widen the gap between them, frosty air blew through the space making the finer hairs of his inky flesh stand to attention. Did he smell? Or was he more intimidating than he thought? Well the splinted and hollow bone of his horn did make some cringe, or maybe it was just his dashing good looks that made her take a step back, who knew, Vale would stick with the latter. The sounds of her voice flows childishly from her lips but something in undercurrents of her tone were off, a tinge of madness clung to the edges like a toxin. He wonders if it drips from her soul and seeps from the cracks like his, a slow poison taking over his soul.

So somebody was home after all. The devil had appeared, or so he said.

“Well you certainly would fit the description” Sarcasm dripped steadily from his lips as easily as the breath flowed from his lungs, looking from the girl to the occupant of the cave he had previously stuck his nose in. “But then who wouldn’t? I certainly would take it as a compliment. Being the devil is more fun” Another lazy grin to match the gleam in his honey eyes.

Ah but the devil has manners and secrets to share! Vale watched closely as the other stallion dipped his fiery crown to the snow, melting it away to reveal the hidden life beneath without any trace of effort.

“Handy, I’m impressed the nest time I need to feed my rabbits I shall have to remember this little trick” Vale smirked bowing theatrically in a show of homage “Do you have a name Devil…?” He asked the retreating back of the dark blanketed stallion. Vale chuckled at the unimpressed look of Naira’s face but surprised to find she started forth into the cave anyway taking up the open invitation and calling him with her like some obedient puppy. His eyes flashed gold and hard and he had to fight down the urge to laugh, deciding to follow her inside.

“If you say so, little one” He would play along, for now.

"Talking"
OOC:: Yes tagging please would be great :) Oh cool power! I didn't realise we had that xD
Tag:: @[Naira]

Image Credit

Xyroca

A sly smile slid across my muzzle, dark intentions gleaming in my eyes as the leggy mare began to ask me question after question. Oh, I think I will like this mare. I could use a vixen such as her, one that was able to believe that the devil walked this earth. Little did she know how true that was, and in the back of my head I answered every one of her questions silently. Yes, the devil is the source of evil. True, I do kill, harm and bring sadness to many. And your next question is only partially right. I am selective of what I ruin, and if I find something beautiful, I will have it. If such beauty resists, I break it until it is thoroughly mine. I stopped in my tracks and looked over my shoulder at her, sharp eyes narrowing in a suspicious glare. Her question triggered a sadistic response in me, reigniting the flame that drove me to find my own pet. Without missing a beat, I hissed at the two-tone vixen as though she were my phantom that I had been hunting down. ”A true master will always hunt down what is his. Otherwise, he is nothing but an embarrassment, a sham.” Chocolate eyes glinted at my dark words, lips tugging back into a twisted smile.

What was her name again? Naira? No…At the moment, she was not Naira. She was my missing pet, the phantom who had an annoying habit of breaking away from me and fleeing. Every time I would bring her back, and this was the longest stretch I had gone without finding her. But I would find her. And for a moment, it was as though Morphine was standing right in front of me, questioning if I was searching for her. I was lost in my thoughts for a moment, my smirk plastered on my muzzle while I stared at the mare. Soon, the image of Naira returned, the image of my phantom vanishing when the stallion spoke. Roughly I shook my head, giving a snort as I was brought back to the current time frame. My glare shifted to the brute’s sarcastic responses about rabbits. Little brat. Should be thankful I showed him a skill that would be one of the keys of surviving the winter in this hell-hole.

I kept my mouth shut though, docking points away from a mental countdown on just how long I would tolerate this insolent jackass. ”I’ve been called many names, but you may call me Panzram.” With a curt nod, I twisted my attention back to the female. ”You, my dear…Tell me, do you fear your master’s return? I speak from experience when I say running is only going to make it worse should he find you again. However,” My voice was calm and soothing, despite the rather dark topic we were rapidly approaching. I began to circle her, wide enough to dodge any potential kicks if I made her too nervous too soon. Like a predator, I slowly closed the gap. ”You could always find a new master, one that could protect you, guard you from the last.” With this tantalizing offer, I stopped in front of her, flicking my ivory tassle against my spotted hide. I didn’t give a rat’s ass that Vale was watching. Hell, if he was interested enough, I’d accept his following as well. However, I doubted he would be interested in following my lead. If anything though, it would provide an interesting show for me. ”Of course, I shall leave the option available to you. But it is better to accept the devil’s help than to scorn him…”

Yes, I could use this mare to my every advantage. I could offer her protection, naturally, and do what I could to help her if she was willing to return the favor. Surely she could help me find my lost pet, raise hell, possibly even overturn leaders and unleash hell wherever we went. Or, she could snub me, instantly marking her as my enemy. Either way, this was sure to be a wildly entertaining experience.

Tag: @[Naira]
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Unregistered
Naira

The cave was dark, filled with shadows. It made Naira nervous, jumpy, and she flicked her tail constantly. He was watching her, his eyes drilling into her soul. The shadows crept just a little bit closer.

There was darkness lurking in the cave, and that is where they hid; monsters, demons, creatures merged with the shadows. They live in the air, move along the wind, surface when the moon rises and prey when there is weakness. If one was to catch a glimpse, they will haunt you with your own terror, and the fear corrodes the fabrics of your mind until insanity taints your bloodstream.

That, is how Naira was broken, with pain and fear and her own terror. Eventually turning her dark. Insane. That is who ruined her; the devil, her master.

As soon as her eyes adjusted to the dark, she studied the two stallions. There was no longer the threat of others showing up. Vale, he was black, dark, a shadow himself. His horn was a bone-white, and jagged at the tip. His eyes were like a wolf's, a monster's. She gazed at the other stallion in front of her. He was brown, with a white blanket full of holes covering most of his back. A flame-like crown topped his head in a dark black slowly turning to crimson. Both stallions were very much attractive, but Naira was not interested in boys.

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The blanketed one was wrong. Looks like he was not the devil after all. Naira sighed heavily. Another day carrying the world's burden will be all that comes when the sun rises. No answers, no warnings. Nothing at all. He introduced himself as Panzram.

Naira's ears laid against her crown as Panzram asked why she feared her master's return. 'Because he beat me. He enslaved me. He took my innocence and my light. He spat on my hope and snatched my dreams and stepped on them. He twisted me until I broke. He ruined me and turned into something dark, ugly. That is why.' The bitter thoughts never left her lips. Nothing changed. Only the fire in her eyes burned brighter, hotter.

Panzram started circling her, closer and closer. She threw her head up, warning him. Her tail swished and her eyes rolled, but he did not stop. Only came closer. Naira felt trapped, helpless. She shut her eyes, and when she opened them she was on her knees, she felt herself slowly breaking and a soft squeal left her lips.

He offered protection, justice. But all good things come at a price. Vale slowly swam back into Naira's vision, and she was pulled back into reality. "You are no devil. I know the games you play. I play them too," she said darkly. "But your offer is still standing, with a few adjustments," she said mournfully. She could feel herself breaking, cracking slowly.

She rocked from side to side, humming softly. A few bright red fireflies drifted in from the opening and hovered around her.

OCC: That second paragraph tho O_o <3. Just apologising for my previous post, it was crappy.
Tag;; @[Vale]

Born in cold blood.

Unregistered
VALE
It was funny the way the air got colder and damper the further underground you went, the further you left the light of the sun or the moon. As if their presence could not follow you, protect you from what lay beyond their reach, enter at your own risk. There were other, darker forces that ruled the underworld, prowling and hunting deep below the surface with yellow eyes and rotting teeth.

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Monsters he could deal with, he was one himself after all. Those that ripped and tore into flesh and drank from the blood of their fallen, he would fight tooth and nail grinning wildly at the promise of death wether his or others didn’t matter, all he knew was that he could. But that darkness that crept at the back of his mind, the cold reaching fingers slowly closing around his soul, blotting out the light. Caressing with razor sharp teeth they pick away at the sanity of his mind whispering sweet sickly nothings.

Feed us, love us

Was it this place or something himself that forced his nature to slip below murky waters? So long had he lived with his thoughts and instincts that he trusted himself beyond anyone else. But now, now he wasn’t so sure. Crooning words brought him back to the surface, watching with honeyed eyes as the fiery crown weaved words of masters and protection. Flowing around the entrapped mare like a liquid cage, sealing her fate inside. The devil circled closer and closer, weaving and singing his song of the damned angel. For a moment he thought the contrasting girl might accept the strange offer, falling into the devils arms and locking the cage behind. But she spoke up, her voice coloured in bitter darkness. Vale frowned his golden eyes darkening, he moved stand next to the swaying mare, lazy and casual his stance spoke of nothing but boredom, but his eyes he laid bare for Panzram and his voice held a steady warning.

“Enough talk of devils and masters, I think, you may be scaring the poor girl. I think we’ve over -stayed our welcome Naira don’t you? Thanks for the…lovely tour”

He wasn’t entirely sure why he was defending the girl, she had walked into the cave of her own damn will and he should probably just turn tail and leave, leave them to their little tea party. But like an idiot he entered behind them just the same, now to turn saviour instead of monster. Damn it he swore to himself, why now to choose light instead of shadow? And could any of them be really saved? They were all demons here, trapped in the darkness of their own minds.

"Talking"
OOC:: Not sure where I was going with that lol sorry it took so long.
Tag::@[Naira]

Image Credit

Xyroca

’Oh, I am no devil? Then why are you on your knees, bitch?’ The thoughts never crossed my lips as the mare attempted to warn me to cease my circling, I only continued to ignore her threats until she began to crumble to her knees. The sight alone brought a sadistic smile to my lips, pleased to see someone kneel to me once again. It had been so long since such a response had been given to me. But, as I watched her begin to sway, the smirk began to shift into a frown. As delighted as I was to see her initial reaction, I began to realize that I was left unsatisfied. Her master had indeed done a wonderful job of breaking her, and at least something about myself must have reminded her of him. Otherwise, why would she kneel? My frown didn’t leave as I rolled my eyes at her. Someone else’s broken toy was no fun to play with. “No, I suppose to you, I wouldn’t be.” I muttered under my breath, disappointed that she did not fight back against me. The mare gave empty threats that she was too fearful to fulfill.

I turned away from the mare for a moment, though just after the smaller brute approached her side. Looking back over my shoulder at his words, I could have laughed at his face for daring to try and defy me. So what if I was scaring her? Boo-fucking-hoo. “You are welcome to leave. However, I do believe she can make her own decisions.” After all, she had not accepted my offer as of yet. Her previous master was nowhere to be seen, and I had a feeling that she could fend for herself if she truly wanted too. My words threatened the stallion to try and take her before I was finished with her, narrowing my gaze to meet his own wolf-like gaze. Naira’s dark voice caught me off guard however, taking on an interesting tone as she sought adjustments to my offer.

Deciding to humor her, I pivoted around to face the pair once again and hear her out. ”To your feet.” I snapped bluntly, ears pinning back as I waited for her to acknowledge my order. If I were to make any sort of deal with anyone, I needed to know that they respected themselves enough to attempt to earn my respect. I had no interest in using her in such ways that would bring her to the ground, and found myself in an unusual position that I had never been in before. I was so used to being the one having to break someone down in order to twist them into my liking. However, Naira would be different. Much different. Rather than break her, I would have to build her up and piece her back together. Mold her into something that would truly prove useful to me.

Never had I found myself needing to retrain someone, having to actually encourage them in ways that I would usually discourage. Whoever would have thought that I would miss the fire in mares that fought against me? ”Now, what adjustments do you seek?” My crown lifted with suspicions at what she had to say, eyes glancing to the brute before settling back onto the mare. I doubt she could even fathom the simplicity of what I wanted her loyalties for.

Tag: @[Naira] @[Vale]
OOC: Kinda crummy compared to the earlier posts, trying to catch up on posts and get back into the flow!

Unregistered
Naira

Lies. Lies lies lies. The whole world is full of them, it's always been so. It was with this thought that Naira second guessed the one called Panzram. She remained on her knees however, and just kind of sank down, so that she was on her side, legs folded under her. She stared at the ground, thinking. Vale spoke, a trace, just a hint, of kindness in his voice. She turned her head and pricked her ears to catch his words.

"Perhaps...." she answered his question. It was not a question at all really, more like a statement, a fact, but she replied anyway. She gazed after him as he started leaving, but the so called devil spoke again. Her mind whirled at the sound of his voice, lost and spinning. She did not like it. No, not one bit. He spoke to Vale, and so she did not feel obliged to jump into the conversation. But then Panzram turned to her. He ordered her to get up, and so, like a habit, she did not respond until a little while after, pulling herself up with a mighty lurch.

She looked down upon him, listening to his words. No, she did not listen actually. She was lost in thought as an all too familiar voice whispered to her. You are bigger. Stronger. Smarter. You do not need him, you really don't. Yes, she knew now, she did not need him, not at all. She had to grow up and protect herself now. It was strange, having no one around to protect her, yet abuse her at the exact same time. But she did not want that anymore. She wanted to be her own master now. Shape her own dreams and future, her own habits and mind. She no longer needed a master. No, she would be just fine.

"I do not seek your protection, devil. I will not search for my master any longer," she said. Her voice was empty, tired for the moment as she glanced at Vale. She nodded at the brown beast before following Vale outside.

OCC: :3
Tag;; @[Vale]

...and bleeding out.