the Rift

[OPEN] !! Leave the Night On

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She had been quiet, desolate, far more reserved than usual. She didn't know how to fix this broken hole in her heart which had increased so rapidly it had swallowed her somewhat happy demeanor completely and left her terrorized in a corner. Constant nightmares had been plaguing her sleeps, and honestly, sleep deprivation was probably something she had suffered from. An intense search for herbs to calm her anxiety was a part of her day to day life, having become so afraid that if she didn't have them she would fall to pieces when she was needed the most.

Oh, how she had tried to be strong. Oh, how she wished such a thing was possible. She knew she had Valiance, who was (at this moment) flying above her in circles, taking in the colours of the trees with Frostfall in the midst. It was cold, very cold, and she wasn't sure that she was ready for all of this. Panic attacks about fire and enemies taking over the Edge, killing her family, had been the pains of her sleep, and the knowledge that fires would be returning to these lands to keep the herd warm (while it was a lovely thing, intelligent in fact, to use this creature in order to keep the herd alive) was only continuing to stress the pallid mare as she ventured back towards her herb garden and the canopy which had done so well to shield her from the world.

Alas, she was yanked from her thoughts when a puff of smoke appeared before her face and then, only a few seconds later, the feeling of his talons against her back. "I know, I know. I need to stop worrying," she mumbles to Valiance as he gives out a few clucks of agreement and then does something she had not been expecting. "Respe- Respy" he says, at least in her mind, because his mouth never moved. She jumps a little, and his claws dig in deeper to her bundles of hair before she stands still and has tears come to her eyes. "Y-you can talk?" she whispers, turning her head to look back at Val who nods his head with a "Yes. I... Speak," he paused, eyes narrowing a little as he seemed to mull over the exact words to say before settling on, "Only... You"

Maybe, just maybe, this would mean life would start to look up.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

The day was freezing, just like almost every day had been since he arrived here. Sighing and shivering at the same time the bulky stallion trotted through his home. He wanted to do something more than just running around keeping warm, but what was he supposed to be doing if nobody told him what was needed. Shaking his refined, yet masculine head softly he picked up a smooth canter. Left, right, left, right, it was funny how his body could pound out a different rhythm than what his heart was thumping along too. It was funny in general about how random things to make different sounds that hummed along with the normal drumming of life.

Smiling softly at the thought he slowed to allow his brain to take in the musical sounds of the forest he called home. The few birds that were brave enough to stay during Frostfall chirped out tunes, a few furry things (that were not hibernating) scurried here and there brushing up against brittle foliage. Before the white speckled male could really get into the calming song of nature a soft feminine voice echoed softly through the air. Ears pricked curiously, he couldn't quite make out the words, but he knew the voice was of a mare he had yet to meet.

Walking swiftly towards the source a shy smile fell carefully over his handsome features, causing his lilac eyes to sparkle softly. As he stepped before the mare he cleared his voice softly and spoke in his thunderous vocals, "Hello Miss. My name is Daemyn." He was to nervous to say anything more. She was a stunningly pretty mare; a good two hands shorter than his own large frame. Smiling softly his lilac eyes darted over her cream and red colored pelt. Curiosity and concern swept through his powerhouse frame as his gaze fell upon her missing ear. Not wanting to be rude he shifted his eyes easily to the red dragon perched upon her back. The scaly reptile made him think of Nayati and her amazing companion.

Speech Thoughts
Words: 343
OOC: Hope it's ok I jump in =]

[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

They wandered, because he did not want to be seen. In and out of the trees, avoiding all who he knew and the newcomers alike. Alanna whined at his side. Not healthy to be like this. Need family. He looked at her and glared. No. Those I love are safer without me. Haven't you noticed? Everyone around me dies or leaves. It's best this way. She huffed softly, but continued on. That is, until she caught scent of one she knew was dear to his heart. Like a flash she was off, darting in and out of the trees. Alanna come back here! He yelled through thier bond. The hellhound does not listen. She runs on, forcing the draft knight to move. He thunders along after her, not able to move in and out of the trees like she does.

It is Alanna who arrives first, announcing her arrive with several short barks. She wags her tail, looking up at Res with her tounge flopping out of her mouth. Few minutes later, Aaron arrived. He slows down as he realizes where Alanna is, snorting with frustration. He steps into sight, breathing softly. "Res, good to see you again..." His forelock fell over his eyes, which were a dark brown today. Alanna looked to her bonded then to Res and to the strange stallion. She had seen him at first, but since he smelled of the Edge she thought nothing of him.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Aaron
A Shepherd I Shall Be, For Thee, My Lord, For Thee
Power Hath Descended Forth From Thy Hand
That My Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Command
So I Shall Flow A river Forth To Thee
And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
x - x

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

You see, Res had grown accustomed to being alone. She had been hiding, suffering from anxiety attacks at the crack of a branch. It was worsening every day, and it seemed to be at the point that she needed to emerge from the darker areas again. She seemed relatively content in her garden, so content that she almost didn't realize the larger stag who had appeared near the edge. It is Valiance's talons, once more, which alert her to his presence, and she quickly blinks the tears of joy from her orbs. An attempt to look normal, something she generally failed at.

She takes a step or so back, finding a comfortable distance between herself and this chestnut stag. Her eyes linger up towards him for only a moment though, before the sound of rustling leaves and cracking branches took her attention and had her sidestepping quickly. It was Val, as usual, who calmed her down though, even after the friendly barking. "Play... Puppy" he said, and as her eyes shot towards the ground she met the gaze of what appeared to be a Hellhound. Definitely familiar, she had seen this one before with some of the members of her herd. Her name reaches the air as Aaron appears before her, and once again her face seems to light up a tad. All she needed now was for Quilyan or Nayati to appear and everything would be much, much better. "Oh, Aaron, Alanna! It's lovely to see you!" she chirps, her voice taking on a far more sing-song manner than her heart could actually give. She was broken from anxiety at this point, but she had at least learned how to mask some of her shattered self. Gently, she stretched her maw out as an offer of greeting should Aaron wish to bump maws, and then she turned to the new stag. "Resplendence, and this is Valiance. Pleasure to meet you, Daemyn," she said, Valiance stretching his wings and attempting to look even stronger and protective.

Oh how she loved Valiance and his courage.
Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@[Daemyn]
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love