the Rift

Is It Worth The Journey

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
The hardest part of all of this is that I knew my way back home, I knew that it was as easy as turning around. All I would have to do is turn around, follow my own hoof prints until I could find the familiar comforts that I so missed. But I couldn't bring myself to even look over my shoulder, I didn't want to return. I wanted to escape the memories, run from my troubles and begin anew. Yet I was haunted with every step, visions and voices mocking me, telling me that they had won. Indeed, I had let them get the better of me. And because of this, I found myself here...

In a new land that I didn't recognize, full of new potential for good or bad. The possibilities were endless for me now, so long as I tried to walk along the best path for me. I could only hope that the Gods would grant me a fresh start. Deep red orbs scanned my surroundings, eying the winter wonderland that I had found myself in. The cold and silence embraced me as snow clung to my ebony coat, hiding the marking that laced my back. Perhaps this would give me my advantage with any strangers. It would prevent any of them from judging me based off of my markings, prevent any superstitions.

My auds flicked back into my thick mane, stopping for a moment to think as I looked back at the tracks behind me. Hooveprints and trails from my mane and tail dragging in the snow tattled on where I had been, but the more I walked, the more snow covered older tracks. The more of my history became covered. Who was to say that anyone here would view my markings as ominous? There was no reason for such a rumor to start. There was no reason for me to hide who I was. And with that thought, I gave a hearty shake to remove the snow that had built up along my spine to fully show off the beautiful design of a silken web.

The smallest of soft smiles graced my lips as I continued on my way once more.

OOC: Open to any!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus didn't know why he returned to the place where he had met Elsa and Ampere. Best guess was he wanted to explore the place more thoroughly and the winds just carried him there. He exhaled deeply, immediately regretting it as white mist went back in his face, and he shook his head, blinking. Bad idea. With a mental sigh this time he glided down lower, gaze roaming over the leafless woods below. Then, his gaze just so happened to land on a dark horse moving through the snow. "What is this now...?" He mused to himself, dipping a wing sharply and dropping down into a half-dive towards the equine.

He backpedaled his wings as the ground loomed, landing in a flurry of snow and ice a little away from the other to avoid hurling ice and snow at her. He shook himself, tossing his windblown mane back into place along his neck(usually it went straight back when he landed, and he hated that) before turning towards the mare. A flash of surprise flickered through him. Yet another wingless one. How many like them were there? The sorrow from it all weighted on him, but he kept that hidden from all. "Hello there." He called out, trotting over with pricked ears.

She did not smell like Elsa and Adelis, nor like Ampere. He wasn't sure if she was another herd or not. But, he figured he could be polite anyway. Besides, the mare offered entertainment, and mayhap he'd learn more about this land. Little did he know that she was as new to this place as he. "My name is Bucephalus, and you are...?" He asked, head tilting slightly.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in any posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa was beginning to think she should work on her recruiting skills. As of late, they have been pretty rusty. Maybe it was just that she was getting crotchety in her old age. Lord knows another year has ticked away, because Frostfall was her birth month. She rolled her eyes at the thought of her aging. Elsa was the tiniest bit vain, so the thought about her joints growing old caused her anxiety.

Picking up a familiar scent, she followed the path. One of them, seemed oddly familiar. She cringed, but continued to follow. Was this the one that had so readily jumped to follow the loins of a mysterious female? Only time, and a quick walk would tell.

Elsa was quick to learn that she was right. There, standing near a cobweb covered newcomer was Buce-whatever his name was. She rolled her eyes but proceeded forward, ignoring him as she made her own introductions to the mare. "Hello Miss. My name is Elsa, Mason of the hidden falls. I know this may be a bit overwhelming, but i'd love to inform you of where you are at if you find yourself lost." She dipped her head, before looking to Buce and back again. She was at least attempting to be a little civil this time, especially considering she was competing against someone. Maybe being nice, quiet, civil and to the point would win over the loyalty of a mysterious newcomer. Maybe the laced woman would be a good friend to Elsa, because she needed some of those. Especially friends of the female gender.

"Talking"
[ooc; sorry it's a little poopy. My muse died midway though! :[ Next will be better! <3]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

The beating of wings broke the silence, and I lifted my gaze to the heavens just in time to watch a Pegasus lowering himself to the earth in a whirlwind of snow. Politely I waited for him to land, coming to a standstill as I watched the flakes settle around him. Nervously an ear flicked back as I positioned myself so my body was facing partially away from him, ready to bolt if necessary. My eyes never left him though, my thick mane settling against my neck and shoulders like a scarf, the wind dancing with the ends that had been laying on the ground. As the stallion began to approach, I instinctively took a solitary step back. A friendly lad, wasn’t he?

I gave a respectable dip of my muzzle towards the Pegasus, listening to his introduction and memorizing his name as I watched him for a few moments. Before I could decide on whether or not I could trust him with my name, we were joined by another winged creature. This time, a mare that chose to walk towards us. I had not yet a moment to speak before the mare began her own speech, offering more information than I could possibly stand to ask for. My right brow raised with curiosity at the pair, maroon optics darting back and forth from stallion to mare while I quietly judged them. I offered her a respectful nod as well, wondering what exactly a “Mason” was to begin with. Both winged creatures were taller than myself, though the mare, Elsa, was not by much. Such a welcome committee, had I walked into Pegasus territory?

”Morrigan.” I said rather quietly, my husky voice carrying a guarded tone for the time being. The silence returned rather awkwardly as I watched them, completely still save for the ivory and ebony hairs that tickled around my crown. Finally, though it was really only a few seconds that had passed, I spoke once again. ”Indeed, Miss Elsa. I am new to these lands, I find myself unfamiliar with your title as well as where I am.”

Elsa wasn't focus on Buce anymore. She was more focused on the webbed mare, who she was very jealous of. Her name was Morrigan, an oddly fitting name for her. Elsa wasn't sure why she thought it went so good together, but it did.

Though, the moment she said she was lost, Elsa was there to help. This was her chance! Maybe, after strokes of unluckiness, she would be able to successfully bring this mare to the Falls to check it out. "Pleasure to meet you Morrigan." She first said, giving the mare her due respects. "You are in the land of Helovia. A magical, and very different land from the one I had traveled from." She said and pausing for a moments to look around. This place was just full of surprises, you just never knew what you were going to get here. You could be fine one day, the struck down by the gods the next, and then some sneaky creature would give you any whim you desired. It was the weirdest place Elsa knew. "Within Helovia, there are four herds. The Hidden Falls, from where I hail, the Dragons Throat, The Worlds Edge, and The Aurora Basin." She began, readying herself to jump into all the introductions and descriptions. "The Hidden Falls, is just north, atop those mountains." She nodded to the not-so-distant land which loomed above the Threshold. Although it looked high, the middle was like a hallowed out oasis. It was flat, and during the growing seasons lush with all types of foliage. "The Dragons Throat and Worlds Edge are also nice. The Throat I believe sits on a beach, but the Edge I am not so sure. I would assume a plateau by the name, but I have never been their myself." She shrugged, hoping that would at least be a little helpful. "The Basin is a cold place, to the north, and is always snowy. They are racist also, and only allow unicorns. Since I believe you lack a horn, I would avoid going there. Some of their members are not the friendliest." Her tone took a guarded approach then, hoping not to sound too condescending. However, it was their fault she was blind. They did that.

"Talking"
[ooc;; I wanted to give you something to reply to, if anyone has a problem let me know! I can delete to allow posts to go in and re-do it! <3 This is also partly due to maybe being my only posting chance this weekend.]
Elsa

Bucephalus allowed Elsa to speak uninterrupted, his golden gaze idly going between the two. Personally he thought Elsa was speaking a little much, as she had when he had been here. But once she finished, he spoke. "Not completely a beach, although we have that." He amended, looking to Morrigan. "Her rank means she's a crafter, a creator." He said, shifting slightly, the biting cold sinking it's fangs deep into his hide. Bucephalus had decided that he strongly disliked snow, and was itching to return to the desert.

"I come from one of the herds Elsa mentioned; Dragon's Throat. If you dislike the cold, it's virtually heaven. Albeit if heaven was a desert." He said in amusement. "Although i cannot speak too much of it, i'm new myself." He admitted, wings clamping tight against his side to ward off the cold. He didn't think he was making a very solid case for Dragon's Throat, but then again the choice was Morrigan's in the end, all he could do was try to make the herd seem more appetizing than the Falls. "Maybe we could be new together, yes?" He asked, ears pricking forward.

While he waited for Morrigan to reply, the stallion took his chance to look her over, his gaze curiously going over the web-pattern upon her back. It wasn't anything he'd seen before, not a familiar marking. Morrigan suited her well.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Respectfully I dipped my muzzle to each of the winged beings, politely listening to each of them as they spoke. My attention was directed to the mare donned with a snowflake, noting how picturesque she was in the winter wonderland environment that surrounded us. The cold didn’t seem to bother her in the slightest, rather it suited her. Auds flicked as she described the various lands, my curiosity growing as she explained just how different some of the territories were. My crown tilted to the side as she mentioned how the Basin was filled with racist unicorns…How unusual. In my homelands it didn’t matter whether you were plain, horned or winged. I gave a nod to reassure her that I would make sure to stay away from the Basin, not wanting to even risk the thought of approaching them out of fear of what they might think of a mare such as myself.

As the stallion began to speak, my gaze shifted towards him while the corners of my lips tugged into a slight smile as he explained what a ‘Mason’ was in these lands. Why, this land grew more and more interesting and unique by the second. A single brow raised as he mentioned that he was new to the Dragon’s Throat, surprised at his bold question that suggested I follow him to his new home and be ‘new together.’ Almost instantly I became nervous, hiding my ears behind my crown and burying them into my mane. The idea of following a stallion was difficult enough. I was unsure if I could live in a desert, it was an environment I had never been exposed too before. Truthfully though, the idea of coming to a herd in hopes of finding a new home brought on a wave of emotions that became difficult for me to understand. Yes, I wanted to belong somewhere. I wanted a home where I would be appreciated rather than condemned, and this stallion had shown very little signs of dislike towards me, if any at all.

Scarlet orbs darted towards Elsa, as if to silently ask her opinion. Though I wasn’t sure if her opinion would even help in my decision, as I began to realize that the reason they were both here was to recruit for their herds. ”Oh, I-uh…I-I’ve never done well in herds before…” I admitted quietly as I stepped back, looking to the ground and once again hiding away like the little filly who was being scorned. Could I possibly look any more pathetic? Knowing how I must have looked began to make me angry, and my brows furrowed as I fought my inner battles before these two that were awaiting a response. Mentally I began to scrap and scrounge together every ounce of pride and courage that I could find within myself. Pulling it all together, pulling myself together really, I raised my crown with feigned confidence. “As much as I would love a new home, I’m simply unsure if I would really be welcome anywhere.”

As both Elsa and Bucephalus spoke, it was easy to see the mare was becoming torn. When Bucephalus finished speaking, she looked to the mare, to see her eyes meet Elsa. She offered a warm smile before the mare spoke again. "You can always change your path if you don't like the one you choose." That was her little piece of advice. No one would force her to stay in a place she did not want to stay, especially when she was new. Everyone had a growth period, and it wasn't fair to confine that growth.

However, the mare admitted she was no good in herds and Elsa just shook her head and smiled again. She was oddly cute in a non-romantic way. Elsa liked her admittance to her faults, it made it easier to help her in her decision. To calm her fears, Elsa spoke softly, almost like a loving mother. It was a voice she rarely heard come from her body. It was a voice she reserved for those she wished good will to. "Morrigan, do not worry. That is why we are here. Whomever you choose to follow, it is our job to make sure you feel at home. Or, if you feel adventurous you can choose your own path." She said with a wink. This mare was just, ugh, she tugged on Elsa's heartstrings and it made her melt inside a little. "And like I said before, nothing is permanent. You can always change." She added for extra measure. There was no need for her to be afraid of herds. Elsa did not like the idea at first, but look at her now! She was doing things she never thought she could do before, and flourishing.

Elsa stopped speaking then, handing the mic to Bucephalus incase he had anything to add. Otherwise, Elsa was sure they would both be anxiously awaiting a decision from the cobweb mare. Whichever she chose, Elsa would feel like she did well in helping the mare.

"Talking"
[@[Bucephalus]]
Elsa

Bucephalus had his attention turned to Elsa as she spoke, listenining to both mares when they spoke. Seems he definitely wasn't the only 'lone wolf' so to speak. Hell, he only knew two.. no three equines in the Dragon's Throat(Granted he hadn't been there very long, but still.) and one of them he had taken a faint dislike to.

Elsa had spoken far better than Bucephalus had, and he wasn't quite sure what else to add. "You can always change herds, or choose no herd. Your fate is entirely up to you, as Elsa said." He flicked an ear to the pale mare, then turned his gaze to Morrighan. "Whatever you choose, none will blame you." He dipped his head to her slightly, then stepped to the side a bit, gold-tipped wings rustling at the movement.

It almost felt like it was getting colder, and while the sands of the Throat still held the bite of winter, it was warmer there than the Threshold. He was trying to be patient, but it was rarely in his nature to remain still, especially in the cold. So, instead of taking off like he so wished to do, Bucephalus tucked his wings tight against his side for warmth, and awaited Morrighan's answer.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

What was this? Neither of them seemed upset at all at my inner turmoil, nor showed any signal that they would hold resentment should I pick the other herd. I felt my heart jump a little with excitement, a reassured smile gracing my lips as I listened to them both speak words of comfort. Why, I felt as though I could soar with them with the hope that was beginning to swell within my chest. They were right, I could always change my mind later. Perhaps it was not so hard to leave herds here compared to before? ”Thank you, both of you. Both herds sound lovely, but…I’ve never been to a desert before, I should think I would like to see that. If you don’t mind walking, I will follow you, Bucephalus.” I took a tentative step forward, wishing for just a moment that I had wings such as theirs to speed up our travel. I felt guilty for grounding him, but I was sure he would have expected as much for asking a wingless mare to follow him.

Before leaving, I turned my head towards the wintery vixen. ”Thank you for your help, Elsa. I’d like to see you again, if that’s alright?” Perhaps Elsa could become a friend? She certainly showed more kindness to me than I had seen in a long time, Bucephalus too of course. I had a hard time trying to decide between the two, and I didn’t want anyone to feel upset at my choice. Just because I chose one herd didn’t mean I couldn’t have friendships with those in other herds, right? Slowly, I reached my muzzle out to her in a friendly gesture. She didn’t have to reciprocate, but with a burst of courage I felt it was necessary in one of the first steps of solidifying my new life and new relationships. Once we had finished talking, I turned to the stallion and waited for him to lead the way.

OOC: Short, crummy post. This will be her last one for this thread, really hoping that these two can get her character developing! I don’t want her shy forever, that’s what Jahzara’s for, lol.