the Rift

For Home and Hearth...

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

The day is ending and the colors are softening all around me, blurring into the night just as the land below is but a smudge in my sights as I fly above it. Cold air brushes againgst me and my breath is a hot bed of mist but I remain indifferent to either plight; neither the growing darkness or the cold disturbs me. They are nothing new to me and so I have no worries. Rather, I am invigorated by the chill of the air and relish somewhat in the thought of the rest to come. If I am to be truthful , I haven't thought of much lately. I've traveled through a few cycles of the sun with hardly a moments respite on land to recall, egged on by my urgent need of flight. My selfish need of flight, you could say. Numerous lands have come under my wings and left in my shadow and I have not felt the barest thread of curiosity but the solemn command of going onwards to the horizon, ever on, never stopping. What is one land to another? I am a creature of sky.

Oh, but I betray myself. Deny I can try but I am sad things have turned out the way that they have. Wings make me a creature of sky but another part of me is bonded in soil and that soil is far away now, so far away I cannot recount the leagues behind me to reach it. It is likely I'll never return.

In fact, I will not.

In fact, I cannot.

How unfortunate. But I no longer care, if I ever did. What is done is done. Now, I am free.

I am gently reminded by my aching wings of the promise of rest I made, the cold making them desperate, nagging children as frost grew on the outline of my dark feathers. I gaze down at the world of pine and redwood with a renewed interest, a slow exhale smoking from my nostrils as I glide nearer to the tree tops, soothly entering through the canopy and landing unceremoniously onto the snow-covered forest floor. The view from the ground is strange after such a long flight and the feeling of weight in my legs stranger still but welcomed relief all the same. I take the opportunity to stretch each of my limbs and shake myself for the heck of it, smiling as I did so before munching at the snow to quench my almost unbearable thirst. By now night had snuffed out all the light to be had save for that of the moon, which shined brightly from above and reflected off the snow, making it seem luminescent in its own right. Briefly, I give my new surroundings look over, indulging my curiosity for the moment and shrugged, finding myself unimpressed enough this place was completely foreign to me. I've seen many forests before. This place was no different.

"blahblahblah." Speaking
"blahblahblah." Thoughts
For flame, for heart
Image Credit
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa was beginning to think she should just permanently live in the threshold. Her feet carried her across the crunchy, dead ground. The day quickly faded into the nighttime. The only light around was the snow, which glowed ominously under the moon. Just as she was about to head back to the Falls, she caught the sound of distant wings, and movement. Following them, she pushed her legs onward through the snow.

That was when she spotted a unique mare. Her face was covered with tiger-like markings. They accented her face well against her dark body. Wings were also sprouted, she was a fellow pegasus mare. She was decently large, both muscle and height wise, and the way she stood made her seemed like she was strong. As Elsa approached, she dipped her head in respect. "Greetings, My name is Elsa. Are you lost here?" She inquires. Her voice is soft, smooth and approachable. Elsa was trying recently to be at least a little polite. The words still felt awkward and rough against her throat, she was so used to being casual and laid back. However, it seemed that the approach of casual never ever worked.

Maybe this girl would be a little more casual in her reply. If so, it would be a lot less awkward for Elsa. It wasn't her decision though, this newcomer would set the tone for how she would reply. It was her duty to make these newcomers comfortable. If that meant going out of her way to do so, she would.
"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Locks
Hearth

I spoke to soon it seems. Things are not as typical as I thought. It had hardly been a span of minuets before my ears caught the sound of something approaching, notably with a familiar gait. Someone else was here? I wasn't wholly surprised to find I was not the only one inhabiting this forest, it would be foolish and stupid to think otherwise. Rather, what was surprising was to be found, especially at the hour. I wasn't sure how I felt about company, the thought was nearly irksome in a way. Who lived here I wonder? I could only tilt my head slightly to the source as I continued to munch on the snow and watch as the sound slowly grew form; my thirst was of more concern to me then this visitor. Calling me careless? Perhaps, but to wait and see is all I can do at this point.

It was an interesting spectacle, watching the pale pegasus merge from the shadows, she almost seemed to be in her element, soaked in the blessed sight of the moon and surrounded by snow, just as I am in mine soaring in the midnight sky on a moonless night. The differences between our mortal bodies amuses me and I smile faintly to myself over the fact, just as my heart is warmed to see another of my winged kind abroad. At least in this we have something in common. She is not home. She is stranger... my thoughts sing bittersweetly, in case my hopes decided to rise to the bait. Alas, that is true and once more that matters not anymore... even if such long memories couldn't be ignored so easily.

The stranger is the first to break the ice and I am not accustomed to what I hear. In the silence of the wintry wood it is a gratting sound, but then it'd been sometime since I last talked to someone, truly anyway. She dips her face polictly to me as a geuster of greeting and I follow with a short, curt one of my own. " Not lost, just here." I say before raising my head to munch on some nearby pine nettles. I find with a tinge of displeasure that aside from thirst I am also quite famished.

" And you? Lost or not?" I say after a moment, my tone calm and easy as it always was, feeling as I have answered a question it was my right to ask another. The woods was a unusual for a being of sky such as myself to be and I only chose to be, unwillingly, out of necessity. What were her reasons? There is a saying that curiosity often kills, but what's life without a little dare?

"blahblahblah." Speaking
Thoughts
@[Elsa]
For flame, for heart
Image Credit
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Are you ready for
The perfect storm

She had come to the Threshold again. It had been a pleasant surprise last time, and not just in her newfound companionship with Bucephalus. As she had suspected, he did not follow her here. Although this forest with all its constrained and dark spaces was the opposite of what Ampere preferred, and was never what helped her clear her head int he past, she found it a sanctuary now. Life has a way of forcing us into new molds, just in case we started figuring out how to survive too well.

Her wings slipped through the cold wind with relative ease. Though it was uncomfortable with its frigidity, the sky was its own kind of home, one she was reluctant to leave. The knowledge that cold, wet snow awaited her upon landing did not help. He could still find her up here though, so without much need to encourage herself, she landed among the trees.

Snow dappled her white, and she shivered beneath it before shaking it off. Her winter coat afforded some bit of protection, but her desert homeland did not well equip her for the winter wonderland that pervaded the rest of the region. All the more reason to go into, she thought, her warrior side determined to face the hardship head on, again and again.

Voices soon caught Ampere's attention as she stepped aimlessly around tree trunks and snow drifts. Curious and needing something of a job to do, Ampere turned towards them peering through the shrubbery first to asses the situation.
A grin lit up her face.

"Oh she's not lost, but she may just be losing," Ampere said cooly as she strode into view, coming up beside the pair of pegasus with a casual confidence. Ampere had no qualms with the pale Elsa, but she could not resist the temptation of their reunion. Unfortunately for Ampere her eyelashes wouldn't work out so well for her this time, but it didn't keep the competitive edge out of her gaze, one which she used like a weapon as she wildly directed it between the two mares. It finally landed upon Hearth, where it seemed to settle. "You've come upon Helovia, stranger, a place just full of horses, lost, losing, or otherwise." Not one for the normal shpeals about the herds and the gods, or manners for that matter, Ampere quickly veered off topic.

"You're hot as fuck," she announced to Hearth after staring at the mare for a moment. Her markings were rather unusual, which was saying a lot for this place. Ampere found she liked them, she only hoped she could say the same of their owner. "Do you fight?" She looked like she fought, or at least she ought to. With badass war paint like that, she could easily intimidate most anyone into running away.

Ampere grinned. It was lopsided like her asymmetrical marking, and rough, like her nature, yet still appealing. It suited her.

[IDEK]

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

This woman was simple, as were her answers. She pondered them, Hearth was the first in a long time to admit they were just here, and not lost. Every seemed lost, but she was certainly found. Elsa tilted her head and smiled in what would almost be considered pride. That was an educated answer, to say the least. However, her pride was soon disrupted by the oddly familiar, blue pegasus who had no name.

Then, it all began again. She began, seemingly normal before wanting to jump under the loins of another man. Elsa just sighed, looking to the other mare to gauge her reaction before she would make a response. However, as she finished, Elsa couldn't help herself but respond. It wasn't in her nature to be so passive to someone who just whispers sweet love into the ears of these men and women. Hopefully, she would be at least a slight bit smarter than the rest of them. If not, well, maybe then she shouldn't be in the Falls. Helovia wasn't a land of butt-grinding love. Helovia was a rough place, and that left little time for fooling around, especially with the span of events that were occurring. Frogs had been falling through the air, and reports of killer worms were also permeating the seemingly "safe" environment. "I am not lost in the ways of "place" anyways. I am very certain of where I am." She paused, thinking for another moment. "I am lost in many ways though. I've lost my family, friends, and some could say my sanity, but i'm slowly finding it." She admitted with a shrug, completely ignoring anything the blue mare said. I mean, how was Elsa supposed to reply to the "You're hot" statement. I mean, seriously. How low could you get? Ampere was quickly falling onto Elsa's hit-list, just because of how immature she was. It was sick. "Are we all going to remain strangers or will I be able to be graced with your name?" The question was directed at the new mare more than it was Blue. Elsa was hoping that at least, if she lost another the the whims of love, she would know a name.

[omg. I want elsa to love ampere but I can't D; -flails-]
"Talking"
Elsa

Locks
Hearth

Before my question could be answered a voice that belongs to neither of use interjects and my attention is drawn to another stranger. Someone else is here? A smile tinges at my cheeks as my eyes lay on the blue mares wings, pleasantly surprised at the arrival of yet another of my kind. There was a temptation to reminisce on old memories...but I remind myself that that was all they are and the feeling passes. They weren't relevant anyway. They never wound be. Still munching on pine nettles I glance over at the blue mare, a brief puzzlement displayed on my face. Her words are confusing to me in their context and I wonder how exactly Elsa was "losing". Were they in the middle of a game? I don't ponder long however, for whether that is answered or not, I care not either way. My thirst and hunger matters more to me then whatever pastime they've employed. As far as I'm concerned I'm not involved.

The small dark blue one had different ideas.

Her eyes, fueled with a competitive fire, land on me and another tether of words spew from her maw and I suddenly learn the name of this land. Helovia. I try the name out in my head and find that it has a certain rhythm to it that I like, finding the word easily glides. It also invoked a sense of mystery...but I digress. As for the other facts...

Full of horses? I didn't doubt that. Lost? Depends on your point of view. Losing? On that I can agree, with you being the point of the spear dear blue, marring my good mood. Something was provoking the fire in me. It was only a slight fray but I notice it all the same. Perhaps my travels have worn me worse then I thought. Weariness, thirst, and hunger were working their savage ways on me but I remain civil, for that is what I am. Still, I am unused to attention, so you could say that I am shy, even though I am not fearful. It would take so much more then this to make me so.

But the Blue is a new force altogether. She is...arbitrary. I'm not sure what to make of her comment, this " hot as fuck" phrase, but at best I surmise it was a compliment to my mortal appearance. It is not the first I've received in my life and take it in good stride, returning it with a somber nod of my head in thanks. Her next question turned the tide of subject just as quickly.

" All things fight." I say in my steady manner," Fur with cold, trees with the wind... and I...when I must." It was truth and I said the last more carefully as I'm left to wonder what the blues intentions were. Not that I tensed or felt threatened...just wondered. Elsa's voice breaks through my thoughts however, dragging my attention back to her. The pale Pegasus does not seemed pleased with the arrival of the blue one, that is easy enough to tell. I listened as only I could and felt a tinge of connection with her story. Hers, however, was of an incomplete recovery. She had woods to travel. I did not. I was already healed, my feelings for what was long dulled, soothed by the stream of time and buried in my acceptance. The past was all it was to me - the past. I hoped Elsa would find what I have found soon.

" I am called Hearth." I say before turning my gaze to the small blue. " What of you?"

"blahblahblah." Speaking
"blahblahblah." Thoughts
@[Elsa]
For flame, for heart
Image Credit

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Are you ready for
The perfect storm

Good answer Ampere thought as she watched Hearth carefully. Even if it seemed Hearth was reluctant to pick up a charge herself, at least she had the spirit of a warrior - that's all you really needed to succeed. Although the Throat was in need of bodies, Ampere didn't think mindless ones were of value. She may be biased towards fighters, having taken that career herself, but she thought it was what they most needed, especially with all the darkness that had been present as of late.

Hearth may not be a true fighter, but it existed inside of her, and that was enough.

"Ampere," she responds simply to the question, eyes never leaving the spectacularly colored stranger. Name or not Ampere still did not know her (or Elsa for that matter), but only one thing would fix that. "Of the Dragon's Throat herd," she continued, bold and proud of her home.

Casually she stepped closer to the marked mare. Her blue stained muzzle extended towards her, the plush lips and warm exchange of breath extended like a hand through the dark. All the while Ampere's eyes, strikingly bright and intense, held onto Hearth's. "You would do well there." The words were honest and spoken as if there was no argument. Hearth would thrive in her desert land, but was it what she wanted? Her character, as much as Ampere liked it, was difficult to gauge. She was quiet, but not mousey and fraught with insecurities. "We could be sisters," Ampere breathed, the words a plume of visible exhaust.

Finally Ampere's gaze diverted to the foliage Hearth was subsiding on, pulling a frown to her lips. "We could certainly offer you better food."

[Lol Klare, pretty normal for anyone meeting Ampere ;D ]

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

@[Hearth]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Ampere... so that was her name. The name rolled around in her mind like a ball, Elsa would remember that name for sure. Elsa didn't know why this mare irked her so, but maybe it was because of jealousy. So often Elsa had been the pretty one, the one with the good head, and the won who could woo. More often than not she was towing a newcomer with her back to the Falls, where they flourished and thrived among the ranks. Yet, now here she was, yet again loosing attention to the short little mare whose name she had never heard of. Elsa at least expected she'd loose to a leader... but this mare... there was no way.

Elsa let Ampere speak, using her sweet, stout and wooing words to entice the mind of this mare. Maybe it was because Elsa was so fact based. Did those who wander through not care to learn of Helovia anymore? Were the facts the least of their problems? It saddened Elsa to think that false promises were now they way to bring others into a herd. "Ampere..." Elsa said finally with a smug smile after she finished. For some reason, knowing the name set her a little more at ease. Her attention, however, was turned back to Hearth. "Well met Hearth." She started slowly, offering another nod of approval. "I must say, Africa is a capable leader of the Throat." Elsa added to Ampere's little invitation. Little words were said, but it was obvious that Ampere wanted her to follow her home. "However, I could offer you much at the falls. Those who know their calling now fit in easily. Are you a warrior? A Seer? A crafter? A healer? If you can answer those at this moment, then you are meant for the Falls." Elsa said with a simple shrug. The Falls was a place of business, you know your place and you stick to it. There were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. One finds their place, one works in their field, and one obeys. There is little else to do in herd life. In the Falls, you were co-dependent, to go alone is to go against the very nature of a herd. If she wished to remain aloof, then maybe an outcast nature was for her. "Of course if neither of us are very enticing, you could choose a path of your own as an outcast." Elsa finishes. That is her alternative solution. Maybe by allowing them to see their choices, they would be better apt to return to her for help. If they wouldn't live with her, then maybe Elsa could at least glean a friendship from these chance encounters.

"Talking"
Elsa

Locks
Hearth
I listen as only I can, binding the names to the bodies before me and watching all the while in my own way between the exchange of words. Words, that in the end, are little more then wind to me. The blue imposes upon me, dares me to accept her offer. I only look back coolly at Ampere, regarding the blue tint of her muzzle like a puzzle. Within my heart considers, remembers the sweetness of a moment not so unlike this long ago...how all distant that seems now, so old and insignifcent those memories. Once, I would have been so glad at the thought of home, a herd, but no more and, perhaps, never again. I'm not the same as I was before and I'll never change back. I've accepted that. As for the comment towards food i gave a slow and hefty shrug of my shoulders. "I am not bothered, for I am strong and needn't much." "

Elsa spins a similar strain of words in this little game and I beg a crooked smile on my maw, whimsied by the titles she spews. A warrior? A Seer? A crafter? A healer? To these strange words I answer to none, for I know what I am. I am Hearth and that is all that I answer to. A chuckle escapes my maw, creating a short-lived mist in the air. " Such names you have for things," I say to the pale one, Elsa. " But I know my calling. It is Hearth and I am a creature of sky."

I glance to the night sky above, gleaning a few spare glints from the stars above. As I stand I can feel the cold around me, circling in the feathering of my feet as a light breeze. My great wings shift on my back, swaying, almost as if eager to taste the sky again despite the deep ache unfolding through the length of my back. I'm reminded by this how worn my body is from my travels and I find myself pressed for rest, the weight of slumber nagging in my limbs. Yet I could not do so with company, friendly and well meaning even as they seemed.

I do not belong here, in a sense. I no longer did anywhere save the endless berth of the open world.

With that thought I open my wings, ignoring the ache as I raise their weight. " Now, I yearn for rest and must leave." I say, letting my words linger for a few moments." But before I do... I pray that the sky watches us all. May we yet meet again in its gaze, bright or dark." I bow my head before trotting away and launching into the air with a few flaps of my great wings. As the slow flurries around me as I rise with sweet elevation I discover that I'm almost sad to leave my stranger kin behind and, stranger still, and yet not quite, that I meant my parting words. I doubted I ever would, for the world is wide and neverending, but it was a kind thought nonetheless and one that warmed my heart.

Perhaps all is not as I thought it was.

"blahblahblah." Speaking
"blahblahblah." Thoughts

For flame, for heart
Image Credit