the Rift

[PRIVATE] Unchanged (Bell)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
My feet carefully maneuvered a path through the grimy bodies of toads; footsteps left a trail of gold in the wake of nature’s violent choice of destruction. Their little bodies were unrecognizable, a forelimb here and there. There were many hindfeet still twitching pitifully upon the surface as the final nerves died off – and every so often a haunting, desperate croak would rise from one of their gunky puddles. Fina stared at them, silent and somber. In earlier years she might have flew down gleefully, consumed them without hesitation as a mindless predator so did her prey. But she had felt the darkness and sickness in this act, and even her gut was sickened by these sights.

Bellona. “Walk with me a little, Sleuth,”gaze drifted toward the vibrant girl, motioning with the slight curve of neck for her presence away from the gathering. She’d been working hard of late, such effort hadn’t gone unnoticed (at least not by me.) I sought to issue a reward for her efforts, yield a little fruit for the strain. When we were out of direct earshot I paused, “Ye has done good work. I say thank ye for it and would offer my talents for personal use should ye desire such.” Fina was watching the little creature which stood close by – I knew not its species and didn’t feel obliged to ask in this moment. Crown lowered to unsoiled dirt, gently I coaxed a sliver of metal from the core and summoned it to the surface. It was no bigger than a pecan shell. “I have the ability to craft all forms of metal into objects of worth. Iron is among them.” The little ball of iron spun into various shapes. I lifted my head and tried to meet her gaze, “If such talents are useful to ye.”

OCC: Set after the meeting.

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
BELLONA
Bright eyes look to one silent figure to the next, analysing each of their reactions so that the maiden can consider her next move. The maiden has already spoken and, as determined as she is to find the source of all this madness, she has little desire to engage herself in the raucous conversation soon to come. For now the herd is quiet, but the vibrant bird knows that it cannot last; their shock will give way to horror soon, and there is nothing in this world that can match the volume of a panicking crowd. The Aztec snorts at the thought of the chaos to come.

Just as porcelain legs turn to make their leave a voice comes to her, beckoning her away from those who have gathered so that they may speak more privately. Fierce eyes seek out the one who asks for them, the fires behind them burning brighter when they recognize the speaker. What could the Czar want with me? I only just told the man I trusted him; please don't tell me my faith earns me more duties, too. Sapphire ears flicker back as wings flutter open, but her annoyance is displayed for only a second. Even though the summons concerns her -- and regardless of the fact that she just barely likes the paint -- the Sleuth does not hesitate to join him in his departure. She might be an ambitious creature, but she knows the difference between an appropriate response and a swift exile.

Although her curiosity does manage to wrest control of her mind it is not in power for long; the collared brute speaks as soon as they are out of earshot. His words come as no surprise to the bird at first -- of course she already knows what she has done for the herd, she's been the only one protecting it in his absence -- although his offer of a reward comes as a slight shock. You would make the one who desires your or your lady's throne an item she can use against you? You are certainly more generous than you should be, Midas. Luckily for you, though, I have not started the countdown yet.

A cloud of concern dares to drag across her mind, but the conniving vixen dispels it with a stomp of her hoof. The boy -- who has stayed behind to study the still-croaking corpses of their most recent attackers -- is not so appreciative of his mother's plan. The Aztec is not as impressed with the rougarou as she had been during the amphibious assault. What will you have me do, then? Put in my time to receive nothing for my efforts? Bleed for these idiots and gain nothing in return? The hyena takes his time in forming a reply, but when he finally sends her his silent admittance he ensures that he transmits his reluctance to go with it. Bright tresses brush against her heels in a mischievous flick of her tail, but this is the hybrid's only reaction to the spotted dog's disdain. In truth the maiden has desired a weapon for quite some time, and now that she has a means for getting one (that does not involve trading her glowing gift away, at least) she will certainly make use of the opportunity. Be it for traitorous intent or not, this prize will come in handy.

"Such a talent is admired by one such as myself; I've craved for a weapon to enhance my fighting skills. Would a set of removable spikes for my hind legs be an acceptable item for you to craft me?"

"Talking"
Image Credit

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
No position of merit was won or kept without some manner of power or a show of it. Raised by a soldier I was taught to respect a code of strength. It was only natural that the wisest and strongest of our numbers should be leaders, mentors. Should Bellonas best me one eve in a fair contest then her challenge would be honorable in my eyes. The Sleuth would’ve proven her talents to be greater than mine and thus revealed necessary worth to carry our family on. Only a fool would stand against someone who was worthy.

While she replied, I set myself to the task of summoning more iron from the core of earth. Trace amounts of silver followed shortly after; silver mixed with iron would give help give luster to the dull grey. Those two elements spun apart, seeming to melt from rock into living liquid. They turned fluid like in appearance. Ebony corners curled into a small but knowing smile, a weapon was her choice. Murmuring softly I replied plainly, “Aye.”

Iron spun round and round, catching the sunlight and shimmering with rough beauty. I took threads from the silver and began to weave, the silvery tendrils pulled like yarn being tugged apart. Soon both elements had been mixed together. Once they’d combined I carefully pulled a section from the main portion and maneuvered it slowly to Bellona’s rear. “Be still while I measure ye,” I cautioned, glancing up to ensure she understood and wouldn’t balk. The metal approached her hindfoot cautiously. It would fell warm against flesh, like a heartbeat. Gentle as blades of soft grass the mix encircled and took quick measurement. Two bracelet circles were formed.

Next to create spikes...

The remainder iron and silver curved. As a molder would his clay, so did I begin to shape a point. They took on the likeness of a talon. The tips were crude at first, dull and lacking a sharp appearance; but after a few moments of refinement they took on a shiny edge that was much more deadly than any ivory claw. All that remained was to couple both spikes to the bracelets. I smelted them together, the bottom portion slide into metal. Gaze narrowed with concentration, gently I coxed a section of my craft to give way – a small but handy clasp formed on either side. I buckled the opposite end and tested their motion for easement or fault.

OOC: Did you want a set for her front feet as well? (You just mentioned hind feet in the post ^^;)

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]