the Rift

recitation.

Yuuta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Yuuta</style>
           I heard you believe in ghosts.</style>
It's cold.

Breath weaves a pathway in front of my eyes with every exhale, the mist trailing behind me in silence until it dissipates, just as quickly as it arrived. Winter, the harsh bitch that she is, engulfs all. The snow which filters through the evergreen branches crunches under my cream colored hooves, cut out shapes telling of my path through this seemingly endless forest.

Trees, trees, and more trees.
Does the forest ever end?

I can only hear my father's voice echoing in my mind, cloying yet hateful. You will walk, Yuuta. Walk until you find a home that suits you. If I could return there, back in time, I would. Challenge his mocking voice as he reminds me, ever so sweetly, I would never beat him. I never could. Eyes flash dangerously in the shade, a huff escaping my lungs. When I return, he will kneel.

More trees.

I pause, looking around, ears settling forward, listening to the echoes on the trunks. Snow sifts lightly through their branches, settling upon my back. The cold palpable but distant in my mind. I feel the rush of warm blood through my veins, the soft, calm beat of my heart as I stand alone. Shadows painted under the branches by the dimmed sun above. The slow falling snow blocking the beacon in the sky from visibility. The light found its way through the clouds, through the snow, through the branches. I might have been inspired, if not already so pissed off.

Even from miles away, I remained chained to my hatred.
Could I escape? Hardly.
Could I run? Perhaps.
Would it find me? Most certainly.

Outside, I appear calm and quiet, eyes gazing upon the contrast of dark trunks and ivory snow. My eyes slowly cover the small area opened between trees. The pale face framed by grey remains stoic. Alone, lonely, quiet, harmless... a perfectly approachable stranger.

[ ooc; still getting used to him, so please excuse the awkward growing pains. ]

image credit

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The feelings of loss and pain are ones that will forever be with you no matter how hard you try to forget them. Moving beyond them takes strength and the willingness to accept the change no matter how great or how devastating it has been. Could he be strong enough to accomplish this when it felt like his soul had been stripped from him? While he wanted to just subcumb to the numbness and freeze like much of the land had around him there was that spark deep down that told him to never give up hope. Mother had told him this very thing but did she actually believe it or was she just telling him this to placate his mind? Sighing softly the yearling continued to walk through the forest hoping that maybe Levex would be out there somewhere just waiting to be found.

The swirls of frozen air turned to mist as he exhaled with a soft sigh as yet again the threshold seemed to hold no answers this time around. Fluffing his wings he pulled them against his sides using their warmth to ward away the icy breeze that howled through the many trees. Lifting his crown one last time to survey the whiteness his blue optics caught movement among the trees drawing him to a halt. Levex? Pricking his ears forward he stepped forward ignoring the reality of knowing that whoever was out there was not who he was looking for. He needed to hold onto that shred of hope and pray to the gods that maybe one day his twin would come back home.

The grey and white character that came into view was to his disappointment not his brother but still someone that might need some help finding their way. Rather than turn away he continued forward calling out gently in greeting to the stallion before him. "Hello..?" He voiced uncertainty causing him to hesitate a moment or two before forcing the rest of his sentence out. " Are you looking for someone or something? Maybe I could help you if you wanted me to."

@[Yuuta]

"Aeolus Speaks.."

Aeolus
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to
look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
x - x
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Unregistered

Yuuta</style>
Hello.

A cold face turns to peer through the veil of my own breath, catching on the figure of a mere boy. He is small, still growing and hardly old enough to be away from mommy, if I might be one to say. My dark eyes gaze upon him with a piqued interest. Why is he out here all alone in a forest with a potentially dangerous stranger? Then, I notice them. Wings. One of my brows raises higher than the other.

A curious thing... equines with wings. Like the fairytales told by the elderly to dying children. Winged ghosts come to guide your soul to light when you die. Feeling my own pulse in my chest, I am quite certain I am not dead. So what the hell is a cherub doing, speaking to me? My lips are pursed, holding tightly as I begin to wonder. The large world outside of my old home housed many secrets. Somewhere, I am certain she was hiding. If she existed outside the glass world built by the corrupt will of my father, why not winged horses? Both were just as absurd to imagine.

This innocent looking brat is likely not the grim reaper of my homeland. He settles on asking me another question, my ears still forward, eyes captured, taking it all in. Still, they keep darting back toward the brightly colored wings on his back. The feathers gleaming even in this soft light, likely due to my attention toward them. Are you looking for someone or something? Maybe I could help you if you wanted me to.

I smirk.

My lips drawn in a mocking smile, eyes twisting into something more menacing. My voice, smooth like velvet, ekes out of my lips in a cavalier manner. "A ghost... though she's not likely to have stumbled here." Taking pause, almost as though I were weighing the reality of that statement, I look toward the branches, anywhere except those feathered appendages.
"Maybe a suitable place to stay."
I hope I can make him choke on his own words.

My eyes loll back toward the boy's face, gaze reaching out unwavering intensity. Asking a silent question: do you know of such a place?

image credit

@[Aeolus]

nickel

In the short time that the colt had dared to venture farther from his home he had met quite a few interesting individuals. It was beginning to become hard to figure out which one of them was the strangest. Perhaps it might have been that dark mare he had met on his venture into the dark woods.. which didn't exactly go as he had planned. If he had been able to make use of his wings things might have turned out alright but being grounded and walking around in the dark trying to find directions is just a bad idea to start out with. Trees all look the same so it is hard to tell when you have gone away from your original path or if you are just making a giant circle. Regardless he had managed to find his way home so it still counted as a successful venture in his opinion.

Stopping a few feet from the strange stallion he allowed himself a minute to study him curious as to his origins. Where had he come from? The threshold was a place where many new faces appeared on a regular basis or so he had been told. Conscious of the stallions gaze fixed upon him he tried to appear as normal as possible so not to make a fool of himself. Shaking the snowflakes from his mane he listened to the stud's response trying to make sense of it. A ghost? This is what he is looking for? Finding this a little odd he took a moment to come up with a response only to find himself grasping at straws. He had no idea how to find a ghost or who to talk to about it but he could respond to the man's next statement.

"Well it depends on what you think is suitable I guess." He commented kindly, holding the stranger's gaze for a minute as if to read his mind. This guy appeared to be similar to mother in the sense that he seemed to not have any sort of wings or a horn and all that but there was something about the way he was staring that was weird. What had he never seen another being before or something? Remaining passive to the gaze he returned to what he was going to say earlier. " You could come back to the Edge with me if you wanted. I'm sure that you could stay there. Everyone is nice enough and there is shelter from the cold winds."

"Aeolus Speaks.."
TAGS: @[Yuuta]
NOTES: My apologies for the delay I'm on a stretch of night shifts at the moment xD

Aeolus
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
x - x
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Unregistered

Yuuta</style>
The confusion coils around the boy's face, the idea of seeking out a ghost is still unusual then. The option to explain existed; I could sing of my past like a chattering bird, wish for empathy. Instead, I watch him stumble over solutions and settle on answering the second set of statements.

"Who are you to offer shelter to strangers?"
The strength of my gaze unaverted, even though he has pretended not to notice.
Acting naturally, I can respect it.

I wonder what the Edge he speaks of exists, what kind of a realm would allow children to give invitations. The land must be fascinating, certainly a stark difference from my old home. The thought of my father allowing me to bring home anyone, despite my grown stature, absurd enough to cause a smile to flutter across my lips. The vehemence in my eyes makes the gesture seem violent, though my attention has shifted.

I care not about the feathered wings upon th back of my new acquaintance. The mystery of this land, wherever my hooves had dragged me to, held urgent importance. A place where your lineage did not dictate your life, control your thoughts, actions, and words. If a child could bring a stranger home, then what could a full grown stallion do? The possibilities make my skin itch with anticipation.

Ocean blue eyes focus back on my savior. "Regardless, I am intrigued."
A land with youthful ambassadors, horses with wings, and more importantly shelter.

"Yuuta," I offer, nodding back slightly with my head to indicate I am naming myself. "Lead me to this Edge, boy, before we get frostbite."

[ ooc: It's quite alright! c: ]

image credit

@[Aeolus]

nickel

Feeling the cool breeze shift directions and manage to get up underneath his feathered coat the colt fluffed up his feathered wings to draw them back around him once more. There that was better. While the whiteness and the fluffy white powder was interesting he was beginning to wish that the warmer weather would come back again. The nights had gotten much colder than they used to be and despite being huddled up alongside mother there were still times that they woke up shivering. The trees helped to block the wind to some degree but when the wind came over the ocean there was no stopping the freeze that came along with it. Maybe this was why Levex had run away, he tried to reason silently mulling it over. If only there was a reason that explained why his twin had left maybe then he could start to feel better about it all.

Furrowing his brow slightly in confusion at the stallion's latest response the young colt hesitated not really sure how to go about this. Was there something wrong with offering a place to stay that was safe? Wasn't that what he had said he was looking for? Shifting in place a couple steps he wondered why someone would make such a big deal over something this simple? Mother had told him that it was alright to help others when they needed it but to always be careful. He was doing that right?

Lifting his gaze from where it fell to the the trees off to one side of the stallion he once again observed the man's facial features looking for any idea as to what he was getting at. The faintest outline of a smile crossed his features helping to reassure the colt that this was not the wrong choice to be making. Returning the smile as finally the stranger's name was given he nodded in response to both statements. " My name is Aeolus." He commented happily turning to his left before taking a couple steps forward through the snow. "Come on I will show you the way."

Motioning in the general direction that he was to be heading he bounded forward with excitement happy to be of use for something. They would have to track down the painted mare Kahlua when they arrived to make sure that she was ok with Yuuta staying for awhile with them. Hopefully she would not mind and neither would mother.

"Aeolus Speaks.."
Tags: @[Yuuta]
Notes: I will make a thread in the Edge for us :)

Aeolus
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
x - x