the Rift

Whenever you Remember

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
It had been long since the fragile girl had seen the lands of her birthright… and perhaps she preferred it that way. After all, what blessed life had awaited her here? There was nothing tying her to Helovia, nothing to ensure a certain bond to the blank faces she no longer knew. The emptiness that filled her heart had long ago faded until it was cast away with a vagabond breeze. No family, no friends, and no life had awaited her return, but loneliness and failure had driven her from the comforts of solitude and back into the eager arms of her fragmented memories. She recalled a broken family, a home in what she once knew as the World’s Edge, but nothing remained. No feeling and no intent lie at her core… she did not return in search of lost purpose because her purpose was clear. She was not broken- only changed.

The badger-faced child welcomed herself gracefully back into Helovia, obviously still at ease with the wintry landscape that she’d once grown accustomed to as a filly. She had grown –that much was sure- into her body, mirroring both mother and father, though surpassing each in youth and beauty. Even if she was not gifted with the full height of her sire, she rivaled him not only in stature but in build as well. Like her dam, her Warmblood heritage had given her agility and simple speed while her Clydesdale father had given her strength and the commanding presence of a Queen. Wide, slate colored hooves gathered the muddy sludge of the Threshold pass as she moved slowly but surely into the thick of the barren forest. It stood tall above her like a skeletal display, each thick trunk reaching toward the sky with slender arms yet unable to grasp the sun.

The sights and the smells were not foreign to her but her senses seemed to overpower her desire to remain aloof and unassuming. She did not yearn for recognition and instead sought secrecy in order to conceal her unexpected homecoming. This had not been her wish nor a convenience. In fact, she owed this pleasure to the ghostly canine at her feet. Together they were a vision of elusive splendor, a pair so in sync with one another that one might second guess their bodily separation. Romul had been insistent to return to Helovia when his beloved companion had been threatened in the night by wandering monstrosities. He, alone, could not protect her from the numerous dangers that the wild held at its will in spite of his need to please the one and only constant in his devout life. A predator by instinct, the wolf no longer a mere pup by age, padded along elegantly behind the mare’s easy gait. Each step in tune with the next, the pair moved toward the heart of the claiming grounds with a seemingly natural sense of direction.

One would try to guess their origin or perhaps their arrogance should they assume them new to Helovia, which was Essetia’s hope... Better to be an arrogant mare than an easily recalled memory, a figment of imagination to those who had lost her. She did not want to be found and was intent of making that request one that would be granted. As the pair paused in a small clearing- small enough for Essetia and Romul and perhaps two more, three if they sought to push the situation- Essetia turned to face Romul with a grimace upon her thick lips. I’m scared. Her thoughts carried easily to the canine standing just beneath her shoulder now. With determined amber eyes, her bonded rested a knowing gaze upon the anxious mare while pressing a reassuring shoulder to her knee. I’m here. His voice was a godsend to the girl and though her nerves still quivered beneath the solidity of her bay coat, she felt calmer. Slowly, the youth reached a nervous muzzle to her beloved so that he could rest his snout against her in order to console her. They were not so much a bonded pair that one or the other claimed dominance, no, Romul and Essetia lived in accordance to one another. They made decisions as a unit and they planned with the other to consider, always.

They had grown alongside one another, learned about the world together, and now they would live within a land that had all but been forgotten to them. Romul, being the true gentleman that his bonded knew him to be, stepped forward in order to give her a grave and undying look of trust. Protected. You… are protected. As if in a show of determination, the wolf bared his pearly white fangs in a grin-like fashion. This humored the mare as she turned away to face the vastness of the Threshold. She was home… but was this truly a home to her anymore?
Credits!

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

She was much more confident now, and Edgar had made sure of that. His constant pecking at her head, and screeching each time she did something under his standards; he was there to make sure she did it right. After a few days, he decided that they should do an outing off of the Island. Through his bondeds mind, he was able to see the images of the threshold. The way the pines towered and swayed in the winter breeze made Edgar want to screech with joy. Such a place must be wonderful, full of nice branches to nest it, and large expanse of foliage to hide and attack little mice. His reasons different like night and day from what Elsa wanted. He wanted food, and Elsa wanted to, for once since her little incident, return with someone willing, kind, and true to help bring the Falls back to its former glory. Letting it sit stale like it was killed her, although with a new lead even her hope was beginning to well back up. The Hidden Falls would be a force to be reckoned with again.

Her wings were spread as she dove from the island. Little Edgar attempted to follow behind her, but for being an inherent bird, he could nowhere near reach the speeds at which Elsa was flying. Her dive lead her close to the ground, as she kicked at it with a giggle before ascending into the sky. She was finally flying slow enough, and Edgar could catch back up to her. The little bird wailed in anger as he approached, kicking his own talons out at her mane as he flew above her head. She was so rude for leaving him! Elsa just snorted, signaling downwards that they were just above the threshold.

Within mere moments the pair had alighted the ground, in one of the most graceful grounding they had ever done as a pair. Edgar hopped happily up to Elsa’s poll feeling as smug as ever for his wonderful performance. Elsa shook her head and continued onwards into the woods. It was still weird as ever having another soul to share her life with.

A few wanderings later, and Elsa spotted a pair not far off. It was an icy wolf, lead by a bay Equine. Elsa thought that to be a rather odd pairing, predator and prey. However, the wolf was not eating, so she assumed it at least be suitable to approach. With a dip of her head, Elsa offered a quick greeting. "Hello Miss. My name is Elsa. Is that your companion?" She said, nodding to the white wolf who stood by her. Edgar on the other hand, was not pleased that he was not being introduced. Popping up from behind her head, he pecked hard at the center of her forehead. Elsa tossed her head, reminding him that he was supposed to be on his best behavior if he wanted to act like a real bird later. "That's Edgar." She added on, just to settle the wily zephyr. "New around here?" She inquired. It was such a cliché thing to say, but what other way was there to start off? You can't exactly go around demanding things or asking personal questions. So Elsa opted for the safe way of speaking; allowing the unfamiliar mare to identify herself if she wanted.

"Talketh."

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

With waiting came tension and with tension came the soft reminder that Essetia was utterly alone, save for Romul who had been distracted time and time again by the sounds of the wood. The young wolf was casually bound to and fro throughout the forest in search of one disturbance or another, with each search just as rigorous as the last. However, in every case, Essetia was warned that “no danger” lurked within the Threshold. She grimaced slightly at her companion’s relentless desire to protect her in spite of the fact that she was more than capable of defending herself. Yet, with such an all-consuming love for Romul overwhelming any annoyance she may experience in his company, the mare often tolerated his antics with grace and revere for her beloved. However, when he came rushing headlong back into their temporary camp at the Threshold’s heart, his lips were pulled away from his white fangs. Someone’s coming. Hesitantly, the badger-faced girl fidgeted in place. Romul had a snout that could detect anyone within a mile’s radius from himself, provided the circumstances were favorable, so his companion was certain that this time, his instincts would prove correct.

When a pallid mare accompanied by a rowdy Zephyr atop her crown parted the clearing as per of Romul’s warning, the bay mare silently praised the wolf at her side. The canine puffed slightly at Elsa as she introduced herself and further used the time to question his own presence amongst the group, but he quieted when Essetia stepped forward in order to greet the strange pair. “I- … am Essetia and this-” she motioned to Romul with a loving glance, “-is Romul. He is my bonded.” Callously, the wolf moved closer to Essetia’s right shoulder in order to lace a weary gaze on Elsa and the queer creature at her back, all the while maintaining an eager air that conveyed his willingness to obey his bonded. Calm down, she means no harm Romul. Though the bay could hear the canine’s defeated scowl in her mind, he fell back into his haunches to sit at her feet.

It’s nice to meet you both… and, um, yes we’re new to these parts.” Essetia wasn’t sure whether or not those outside Helovia were capable of possessing companions, but she hoped that this peculiar mare would think nothing of it, at least not until they were all sheltered for the night. As anxiety bloomed in her heart, Romul stood up once again to soothe her by touching her shoulder with his slender muzzle. It was a drastic change from his previously prickly attitude, though not unfamiliar to Essetia as she gratefully returned his reassurance with a touch of her own upon his back. Together they turned to face Elsa with an eagerness to be rid of the darkness in the claiming grounds; though the bay mare could only hope that this other girl was friend and not foe. They appeared amiable enough, but one could never be sure of another’s true intentions, especially after the life Essetia and Romul had come from after departing from Helovia so long ago… This was supposed to be a new beginning and that’s all the badger-faced girl and her canine could hope for.
Credits!

ELSA

Elsa glanced at the wolf as she spoke. He seemed rather proud, but not in a bad way. Maybe he was like her protector. Elsa had never seen a newcomer with a companion before, so she must have been unwittingly lingerer alone at these edges for a while. Although, that was all speculation, Elsa just liked to make everything fit together like a puzzle, even if it meant forcing pieces together.

However, the wolf never did more but stand proud, thankfully. Elsa didn’t think she could return to Oxy again with a dire injury. It would be too painful for them both to have to go finding those who attacked again. So Essentia was already proving to be a nice, seemingly truthful mare, and Romul, her faithful companion. Elsa nodded to them both, bowing deeper to the wolf. If he were anything like Edgar, Romul would not want Essetia to make any mistakes. So the newcomers stood quiet then, only adding that they were in fact new. So Elsa decided to help clear some things up, and offer a home since the pair was rather quiet.

As Elsa began speaking, Edgar fluttered off the front of her face, hopping across the ground to the wolf. The fearless bird just wanted a friend, and didn’t think twice that the bonded could possibly attack. Elsa shot him a warning message mentally, but focused on the mare. "Well then let me be your welcome committee." She said with a warm smile. "As per my usual spiel, I am here to invite you formally to the Falls if you are looking for a home. I am a mason there, and look after all of the crafters. The Falls is a beautiful place, just north of here. As its name suggests, it is full of different waterfalls, and lush grasses. Or, if you would like to explore more, you could take the outcast route.... or..." She trailed off again taking a breath, this talking always felt so long and monotonous. It was hard to make any of it interesting or inviting. "There are two other herds you could join, the Worlds Edge or the Dragons Throat. Both are pretty good too as far as I hear." Well, the Throat was iffy. That blue electric bird that flew around here sometimes was quite annoying. The Edge was mostly a mystery, but she had heard nothing negative come from that land. The Basin wasn't even worth mentioning, since she wasn't adorned with a horn.

Letting that all process for a moment, Elsa laughed lightly. "Sorry that all this information is so long and boring. I just want you to get the whole picture so you can make the best decision." From the ground Edgar peeped in agreement, he was so proud Elsa was learning to be a little more friendly now! "Did any of those places interest you? Or do you have any other questions? I sometimes miss some important information." Elsa said sheepishly. Yet, Elsa was wondering if maybe talking it out verbally would help in the decision process.

"Talketh."

Of course Essetia knew what had become of the Windtossed Foothills, but she did not want to let this pale stranger know of her knowledge on the matter. However, it was still hard for her to pretend she knew absolutely nothing of Helovia, so when Elsa launched into the sparse details surrounding things Essetia already knew, all she could do was nod complacently. She failed to mention things here and there, but who could blame her? The Threshold was no longer truly a place of welcoming, but instead a place of recruiting as fast as one could understandably rush through the many facts in need of sharing, per every new ear. The badger-faced child could only smile warmly at Elsa for her efforts, knowing sadly that if her first companion had been from the Basin, she would have willingly followed if only to avoid crossing paths with her father in the Edge- being that he himself had returned as well. Essetia didn’t want to take the chance and therefore found the newly renamed “Falls” to be the perfect alternative.

Romul, still hesitant about his companion’s approach, whined softly at her side. All that he had ever truly known of home had been in the World’s Edge, but he had no choice but to follow his beloved into whatever darkness she deemed fit. However, his worries carried through their bond with a strange heaviness that Essetia could not afford to ignore. Distractedly, the girl turned from Elsa in order to dip her face towards the pale canine with anxious eyes. We’ll be safe. Please… trust me.

Romul’s golden eyes sparked with something resembling resentment before flickering away to contemplate a stray twig that had been uncovered from the thin layer of ice and snow. Though he refused to confront his companion in the midst of company, the defiant young wolf would take his complaints to the grave with him if he had to. However, Essetia had little time to deal with her childish beloved, even when he raised many valid points about returning to the Edge again. Shaking her mighty head, the girl pointed a determined gaze at Elsa. “I think the Falls would be a lovely home for us. I don’t need to consider elsewhere because you have been kind enough to collect us from this mire.” The bay stepped forward, forcing the canine at her feet to rise in unison with an irritated grunt. Big dummy.

Don’t taunt me Romul.

She was content to ignore his plaintive sigh as she drew closer to the Ivory mare and her bonded. The whole meeting had been rushed and somewhat distant, but both mares would be leaving with something they valued- Essetia with a new home and Elsa with a much valued new recruit. The bay had no doubts that the Falls could potentially benefit from her valiant personality in spite of the fact that she had inherited it from her father. She wanted to forget her past and the Hidden Falls would be the perfect place for her to do just as much…
Credits!

ELSA

The dryness and the unfamiliarity with this mare made everything a thousand times more awkward than normal. It wasn't a bad awkward, but she was very quiet and reserved compared to most. No one had even come out of the woodwork either to join in on the contest to win over the newcomer. Everything was just oddly... rigid.

Elsa was even more surprised when the mare uttered the words that she would follow to the Falls. Elsa, shocked, could only wonder why her companion was suddenly whining. Maybe he thought it was a bad idea? Either way, she was still too much in shock to answer. With little information, this mare was willingly following her. She didn't beg for ranks like the others, or wonder what would benefit herself. Instead, she kind of just... went with it. The whole answer was refreshing, but left Elsa speechless for a moment. Never had she ever so quickly persuaded one to follow her.

"Uhm..." She began, searching her brain for the words. Elsa still wasn't quite sure what to do. Edgar pecked at her leg then, reminding her this was just a horse, not someone she needed to woo or impress. "Well, we can be on our way then Its just north of here, not a long walk at all. Once we get there, we just have a few details to work out so you can fit in the niche of the falls. Im sure everyone will get along great with you. We literally have every sort of personality." I mean, they had anything from Midas to Oxy. It was quite the span of personalities. So Elsa walked on, leading Essentia to the Falls before anyone could intercept and rip out the carpet from under her again. The Falls was in desperate need of new bodies, so this woman was more than welcomed face. The little fluff ball flew up then, settling gently behind her ears, watching from his lookout as the four of them worked their way back to the Falls.

"Talketh."
[ooc:// sorry its so poopy! you can request to become an outcast, then Elsa can officially accept and put you in your "rank" that you want Essentia to be in. Ill make one for us in the Falls and tag you! :)]