the Rift

[OPEN] Baby's Black Balloon

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Mist curled and twisted upwards from the stallion's nostrils as he exhaled slowly, honey-brown orbs staring at shattered walls of his destination. The chill of Frostfall seemed to seep through his hide and settle uncomfortably into his bones, even despite the bright noon sun that shone overhead. Winter was in full swing, and the black and white overo was more than ready to settle down and finally, finally call somewhere 'home'... If they would still have him.

Apollo's mind danced to the familiar faces that called the Edge their home. The two beauties Ktulu and Lakota, as well as sweet Resplendence, and warm, brotherly Kaj... Would he still be welcome? Or, perhaps, he was being too presumptuous?

Upon his back, nestled in the overgrown strands of his mane along his withers, Zola unfurled herself from her tiny bundle, eyes still shut despite the length that it had been since her premature hatching. It was a notable concern, one that had Apollo terribly worried... Shouldn't her eyes have opened by now? While no expert on the livelihood of kittens, Apollo knew that their eyes should've opened by now, but alas. They hadn't. Maybe it was just a fault of her premature hatching, caused by that wretched, terrible shadow-beast? Maybe Zola's eyes would never open? The thought was daunting, and terrifying. Would Apollo be able to protect her? Keep her safe?

Concern trickled through the growing bond that the two felt, and the Merciful stallion glanced back towards his precious companion. The black kitten stayed laying upon his back, but her nose stretched upwards, tiny nostrils sucking in the unfamiliar air. Oftentimes Apollo couldn't help but marvel at Zola's small stature... Goodness, if only he'd done a better job at protecting her inside that egg. "It's alright, Zola," he murmured softly to soothe her concern, eyes looking back forward from his stationary position within the snow outside of the World's Edge borders. "We're welcome here... I think."

Hesitantly a hoof stretched outwards, the first step of many that would bring him closer to his new home. Or, what would hopefully be his new home. Maybe? Hopefully? Ears swiveling and breath puffing in misty furls, Apollo's head lowered and his horn caught rays of the sun that promised false warmth. A low, beckoning whinny forced itself from his lips, the sound echoing across the frozen, frost-bitten land, and with patience, the overo shifted along the borders and waited for an Edge member to find him.

'Let it be Ktu,' his mind whispered pleadingly to whatever higher power was listening, 'Or Kota... Or Kaj. Or Resplendence. Someone who know's me...'

ooc: Apollo's come to the Edge! :D FINALLY. Open to anyone! @[Ktulu] @[Lakota] @[Resplendence]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen

"It has been a long time, Apollo." Archibald the Dauntless stood in the shadows, his tall and dark frame hidden well by the trees of the Edge, despite the time of day. Stepping through the snow, the heavy white feathers collected some of the precipitation. "Do you seek a home here, among the mist?" Loretta trotted towards the once-Chief as her bonded walked towards him. Her interest was in the youngling upon his back, her ears perked forward and her nose twitching wildly as she took in its scent. Archibald did not regard her, for her wagging tail and bright expression showed no signs of malice towards Apollo and his kit. Archibald dipped his head some in a respectful nod, as he would greet anyone as equal to him as Apollo was.

He remembered the overo fighting passionately, for it was the last time Archibald had been near him. It had been during one of Archibald's patrols, too close to the Foothills, and Loretta wanted to hunt in the land she knew best. He had stumbled upon the challenge set-up by Confutatis, and it was where his hatred for the foul mare was seeded. A shallow puff of vapor released from Archibald's nostril as he extended his muzzle to touch Apollo on the point of his right shoulder. He was one of the Grey, and Archibald would for as long as Apollo deserved it protect him and treat him with the respect he earned. The healer had fought so many times to protect the ones he cared for most, even seeking out the Dauntless' help in sharpening his battle skills.

Loretta, caught deeply by the curiosity surrounded by the kitten, stood on Apollo's right side. She looked up at the smaller stallion's back with hopeful, bright eyes before she suddenly reared up. She attempted to steady herself with her front paws on the Merciful's ribcage, attempting only to get a better look at the small black creature. Young, and hungry. Give it to me. Loretta pleaded to Archibald, but the stallion did not falter, he only looked to Apollo, eyebrows furrowed, but confident to comfort the overo that nothing would happen to his friend. "What do you call it?"
[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

[DON'T TAG ARCHI I SEE HOW IT IS lol jk @[Apollo] ]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

I'm not positive that she should be out here. No. In fact, she should be getting sleep. She could actually sleep with the sun out and shining - regardless of the fact that it was getting colder and colder by the minute. Still, Resplendence was trudging forward, toward the sound of the call which had heralded the winter sky in all of its glory. She wasn't sure whether she should panic or attempt to steal her nerves in case her healing abilities were necessary. Alas, that thought is what sent a pang through her heart. I don't have them anymore...

She shook her head, moving herself forward a bit faster than before, until she came up to the tree-line near the broken down border which reminded her of a far better life. It was the life when Mirage was still here. The life when Kahlua and she were still sisters in arms, almost council members, learning their trades and studying to better the herd. The life when Quilyan had always been there, and Kaj not far behind. The life before that wretched day in the caves when torturous moments had taken over and started the plague of nightmares which had held a strong hold on her since. Was she really that broken? She knew she was not strong. She knew she was not courageous. She knew she cared too much. But could her soul really have been shattered so much that it killed her to sleep, to move, to eat, to do anything but cry?

One more step and she would have been out of the shadows. No. She stopped, rocking back on her haunches and staring at the impressive build no more than a few feet before her. Large, daunting, black, white socks. He had been one of the Grey - the name she had finally been able to make concrete after her conversation with Apollo - and he had ambushed the Foothills, taking them over when she had just joined. He had been one of them who had ruined her family, and now they were swarming the Edge - forcing their way into what was her family and making her have to care about equines whom she had only regarded as killers. No, not killers like that black unicorn who had slain Rowan so soullessly, but killers of spirit and family. But, there was more to him that she remembered. He had taken a pine cone from her tail down in the caves. What purpose it had served, she did not know. Did it matter what purpose it served? She assumed the main point had been to remind her that he was stronger. Really, it wasn't necessary - she already knew that. She couldn't fight, and if she ever had to she would probably had lost. The one moment with Phaedra... it had been a miracle to come out on even ground.

Her eyes widened, head shaking as she trembled in place. She was careful not to brush up against of the foliage that surrounded her, serving as a protective barrier against the painful memories and the fear which were biting sharply at her hooves and begging for her to run while she could. But they wouldn't let her leave. No, they only tied her to this spot - for what reason she didn't know until Valiance took to the skies.

His red, feathered frame shot out of the trees like a bullet - aiming directly for Apollo's poll. If he was allowed, he would curl up there, chirping a phrase of welcome. This was not because he liked Apollo. No, not in the least. He didn't trust anyone, though his mistrust was just because he wasn't sure they'd be able to show themselves to Res in a manner which would result in her being calm. No, he wanted to rest there to force her out of her hiding, to force her to say hello to the stag who had helped her gather herbs. To force her to remember that everyone was weak in their own way, and that even this daunting draft had to have something which could tear him down. "Friend... Herbs... Come... Respy" Valiance purred through the bond, trying to coax her from hiding.

The reason: She cares too much... about everyone.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

It was not one who he thought might find him, but it wasn't a stranger, either. A deep baritone caught Apollo's attention in a vice-like grip, a strong sound of familiarity that screamed family, that proclaimed home, and that reminded the weary stallion of a time, so very long ago, living among the Deep Forest with those of the Grey, those that he called brothers and sisters...

"Archibald?"

Through the dark shadows of the Edge he comes, black as the night, muscles rippling with power and prowess, just as massive, impressive, and daunting as Apollo last remembered. Gods, when was the last time he had even seen the Dauntless? A memory flashes in the overo's skull, of a mid-summer's raging storm, blood and mud staining the earth as Apollo fought back that demon, Confutatis... Archibald had been there, alongside Ktulu, Lakota, Mesec, and so many others who had come to support him in that battle for life or death. The words that the colossal stallion had spoken to him after that terrible ordeal stuck with Apollo for over a year, and as the Merciful realized he was staring at his dear, beloved friend, a goofy, sincere smile broadly crossed the horned stallion's lips.

"Oh, my brother... Archibald, it's so good to see you again, it's been so long. And Loretta!" Apollo's exclamation followed the malamute, honey-brown orbs filled with joy and happiness at seeing both of their familiar faces. It was so good to be among them again. "You both look like you're doing so well here." And that filled Apollo with a vast amount of endless joy. The Grey had been his family, precious and cherished, and he had fought for them just as he had fought for the Foothills. Each and every member who he had served beside would forever hold a special little niche in his heart.

'Do you seek a home here, among the mist?'

The question momentarily took Apollo by surprise, and his expression slipped slowly into that of uncertainty. Oh... Had he been too presumptuous? No. There was no malice or ill-content upon Archibald's handsome face, his expression that of a soothing welcome, of confidence and simple reassurance. It was his friend standing in front of him now, his brother, and Apollo was nearly one-hundred percent certain that he would not be turned away.

"I do... In this terrible year since the Foothills has fallen, I met with Ktulu, Lakota, and the young doctor Resplendence who serves here. They each claimed that should I desire a home, that I should come here. So... Here I am."

The goliath beast, so capable of battle and bloodshed, yet so gentle and passionate, approached and pressed his muzzle briefly into the point of the overo's shoulder. Normally Apollo would feel crowded standing so close to a creature of Archibald's impressive size and girth, but that wasn't the case, not with the ebony Shire. Here, he knew he was among family, and so boldly Apollo moved his head and, should Archibald allow it, dipped his own muzzle to gently caress the Dauntless' cheek, in a simple, brotherly show of affection.

A sudden pressure of two paws pressing against his barrel caused Apollo to momentarily stiffen and look away, honey-brown oculars turning to Loretta, who was gazing curiously and almost eagerly at the black bundle of Zola upon his back, reared up and paws nestled upon his splotched side. The small kitten, still so frail and vulnerable, released a soft, uncertain sound at feeling Apollo's momentary distress, hearing the sounds of the malamute due to being unable to actually see her. The black tufts of scruff upon Zola's back raised, and a soft kfft! was emitted, a spitting sound of uncertainty.

"This is Zola," the horned stag murmured softly in response, reassured by a glance in Archibald's direction, not seeing any alarm upon his features and knowing that Loretta did not mean any harm, "A gift from Father Earth. She... She was born too early, and I fear that her eyes won't open." Guilt forced its way into the stallion's vocals, but he pressed on. "I also came to the Edge because I feel that, surrounded by others, I'll be able to raise her far safer than if I was alone in the Wilds. Is, um... Is Loretta curious? Of Zola?"

An interruption came into their reunion in the form of a feathered, red, familiar creature that tore from the thick shadows of the tree line, making a quick bee-line for Apollo's head and startling the stag something fierce that he jerked back, hooves slipping momentarily in the snow as he balked. The Merciful's mind stayed on Loretta and Zola both; he did not want to accidentally bump into or step on the malamute, nor did he wish to unbalance Zola from her precarious position upon his withers. A weight settled upon the top of his head, just above the protrusion of his horn, and Apollo's eyes squinted as he tried to look upwards and spot just what had decided to curl up atop his noggin.

"... Valiance?" It was him, the red dragon he had encountered with miss Resplendence in the Grove, when had helped them both gather herbs. Apollo's eyes then darted to the tree line, searching for Resplendence. "Miss Resplendence? Are you there?" For Valiance would never leave his bonded's side or go too far, would he? Surely she was nearby?

@[Archibald] lolbetter? xD

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Damnable nurse. What can I do with such a rank? I am useless, il mio prezioso, the sapphire maiden sighed, careful to keep such treacherous thoughts in the confines of her own mind, shared only with the one she addressed. She was not stupid enough to grumble about her discontent. Lakota was no simpleton, was no mindless drone to be ordered around by muscleheads and airheads alike. She was completely disgusted by her Queen, what poor excuse of one she was. By the example she set forth as a mare in a position of power. Even the Doctors were meek and helpless butterflies! Awaiting the cruelty of life to rip their tender wings from their bodies and watch them struggle and bleed to their slow demise. Kitten was not too horrible, reminding Lakota too strongly of Hana for the Poisoner to become too disgruntled with the quiet lass. At least she'd given that drug addict a slip of poison herself, maybe that meant she wasn't as useless as she seemed at face value.

And Lakota?

She was stuck in a rank she bitterly deemed useless, jaw clamped shut until she was contemplating wiring it that way, her tongue so blasphemous and desiring to lash away at the peace-loving denizens of the Edge. Aodaun growled softly in understanding, coarse fur brushing against delicate limbs as he looked up at her, lovingly, with eyes of lime and coal. You are not useless. They do not see what we see. Aodaun's sincerity was appreciated, but the Poisoner's sigh could not be withheld. Did she even want to show them what she saw? The horrors of the world? Was it not better, for them to remain with the cloth a veil before their tender eyes? Or would they end up dethroned and destroyed like her Queen of ages past, and would she be as helpless to aid them as that same instance? "I have been ruined, my love. Turned into nothing but a ghost, beneath il mio amato's might. What have I now but a name? A memory?" her voice was wistful, shattered glass weakly sparkling in a supernova of despair and fitfulness. The beauty of her voice nothing against the backdrop of emotional agony she portrayed.

Aodaun's saddened whine was cut short, perceptive nose meant for scouting seals beneath layers of ice quickly detecting the Merciful's scent. Barking loudly he charged through the undergrowth, silent paws the only thing undetected as his massive frame carelessly thrust itself through the branches. Lakota gave a jolt before racing after him, careening down his path of destruction and attempting to pry into his mind- blocked as it was from her in that moment- to discern what had caused such a visceral reaction.

His sudden halt sent her skidding, answerless. Ankles scraped against snapped boughs and branches, the pain causing a wince and hiss of pain to cross her beautiful face. Delaying her. But as her vibrant violet gaze lifted, the air left her lungs in a sudden exhalation. Archibald's looming figure could not hide her little patched boy from her eyes, could not protect her from the dagger of affection that stabbed into her heart at the sight of those warm chocolate eyes and boyish face.

"Polly?" Dare she say his name? Had he truly answered her prayers, taken her advice to follow herself and Ktulu to the mists of the Edge?

Tentatively she steps forward, reaching to trail her velveteen muzzle across the sensitive flank of her Captain, blowing warm, sweet air across his canvas in silent sisterly greeting. Trails past him as if in a daze, awaiting the moment when a stray wind would scatter the image and leave her lonely and with a piece of her heart still missing.

Loretta is up against his side, trailing her gaze to a pitifully small kitten on Apollo's spine. She does not dare to move any closer, her flank still even with Archibald's cheek. What if this was all but a dream? "Have you...have you come to join?" Had she been minutes earlier she would have already known the answer to that question, but alas she was at a loss for the exactitude of the conversation. Her eyes flit once more to the...blind kitten? Or is it like Aodaun, who had not opened his eyes for weeks? "You've finished your quest," she noted with a soft breath and a smile.

Turning, she sought Aodaun's eyes, hope and excitement blooming in her breast even as it barely hinted upon her face. Go find Ktulu. With a bark, the mighty beast turned and ran deeper into the forest to obey, seeking out the bear-maiden and her companion.

Chunga-Stock
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Eytan alerted her to Aodaun's presence long before she heard her mate's companion running through the underbrush. Of course the first thought that passed through Ktulu's mind was that her mate was in trouble and was sending Aodaun for help, but the bear seemed to lack the urgency he would if she were truly in trouble. 'Wants us to follow.' Her companion said as he turned his caramel eyes on his bonded. 'We should go.' The Constrictor nodded her head in agreement then proceeded to follow the pale bear through the woods. 'Smell Apollo.' Eytan rumbled a few minutes later, causing Ktulu to suck in a deep breath. She could smell him, too, and it made her heart flutter in the same manner it did when she tought of Lakota.

The dark mare broke into a canter, urging Aodaun to move faster before passing him completely and following her nose instead. If Apollo was at her doorstep then it could only mean one thing. He had decided to call the Edge home. She hoped to the gods that was the purpose of his arrival and not to tell her that he had decided to take up residence elsewhere. If that were the case she doubted she'd be okay with it or able to let him go. He had become too important a figure in her life. It would break her to watch him walk away just as it had broken her when Ophelia had and when she and Lakota were fighting.

Ktulu stumbled to a jerky halt as she came upon the group of horses, her crimson eyes finding Apollo immediately and locking onto him as if he were her prey. For several moments she stood staring, scared that if she blinked he would disappear into the mist. "Apollo..." she whispered his name. Finally she looked to the others that had gathered, fondness showing in her eyes as she looked upon her mate and then Archibald. The other mare she knew had been the moon doctor, but other than that she meant little to Ktulu. Just another that she was charged with protecting.

Finally, she moved forward reaching to touch her muzzle to Archibald's side in greeting to the Captain, but the touch was fleeting. As she stopped she looked to Lakota, a small smile curving the corners of her mouth upward. "Thank you." She whispered to the mare who knew just how much Apollo meant to her. Perhaps that was because they both loved him dearly. She then looked to Apollo, hope shining in her eyes as she spoke. "You're staying?"

"."

@[Apollo]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Loretta whined, moving her paw to run down Apollo's side some. She poked her head up more towards the stallion's spine, even when the little bundle of black fur hissed with confusion in her direction. The bitch's tail waved slowly behind her, and her mind pressed into Archibald's forcefully. I need her. She needs a mother. Give her to me. I will protect her. The words were a hurried slur, followed by another whine from the malamute. Coming down from Apollo's side the female spun quickly and yipped--the sound high pitched and excited--towards Apollo. She wanted to display her concern the only way she could towards the overo unicorn. She whined again, this time prancing in place for a moment before jumping up to rest on Apollo's side again. Loretta jumped down again, however, when the red dragon shot out of the darkness and caused Apollo to scramble. GET OFF! YOU WILL HURT THE INFANT! Loretta snarled towards Archibald, her lips raising towards the excited reptile. I've killed one before and if it goes for the kit, I'll do it again. Loretta's hackles rose some as she glared at the dragon before turning her attention back to the small black feline.

"Apollo, give Zola to Loretta...she wants to nurture the small creature." Archibald words were calm, quiet, as he attempted to send calming waves towards his frantically maternal companion. He had never seen her act this way towards any other creature that was not one of his brothers' pups...but, in some ways, this kitten was his brother's companion, and that made it Loretta's responsibility to nurture it and to teach it, in her mind. Archibald's eyes softened as he made the connection, and he went to step forward when Lakota appraoched him. Her touch and warm breath were welcomed by the Dauntless, his golden eyes meeting her's with all the compassion he could muster in his life focused on the blue mare. Lakota had done too much for Archibald to every be able to repay her, and so his eternal respect followed her and his shield of protection. Should any beast in this world attempt in any way to harm her, they would fall in a pool of their own, cold blood, and Archibald would stand victorious over their lifeless corpse. Lakota was a part of his family--more so than any of his brothers or mother had been--and there was nothing that could change that.

Following suite, Ktulu crashed into the meeting. Golden eyes flicked to crimson and Archibald welcomed her touch. Together the pair had led armies, commanded herds, and protected each other. Archibald held the same amount of love and respect towards Ktulu as he did Lakota, and would protect her forevermore--should she want it or not--and he would also give her his wisdom--should she want it or not. Ktulu was truly his sister in arms, and their bond was thicker than that of blood, and it had been tested several times over. Despite starting off on rocky footing--Archibald commanded by his mother and Ktulu still a hot-headed child--the two had grown quite fond of each other. "The Grey is united once more, brother and sisters. Apollo, I welcome you into the World's Edge by my authority as Captain here." Archibald dipped his blazen head to the tovero stallion, tail flicking loosely over his hocks.

@[Apollo]

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Resplendence

Perhaps Valiance wasn't the... brightest bulb in the box, but he at least had been trying with social interaction. All he wanted was for Res to start to feel comfortable around others, and as long as he approved of them he would do everything in his power to get her out of her shell. The painted stag, he stumbles backward, frightened. A few clicks of discontent and apology emerged from Valiance's maw before his name was uttered from the paints lips. Strangely, at his name, he fluffed his wings and clicked again in agreement. Feathers and scales gleaming just slightly in the light that was there.

Of course, it was then that Resplendence's name lingered in the air. She was there, yes, but it concerned her a bit too much to move when others were appearing. Well, at least others she had believed to be a part of the Grey - the ones who had ruined her family and injured Quil. Her eyes squinted shut, sides heaving a little quicker with fast-paced breathing and wide nostrils. But, still, she kept it quiet, afraid to be seen. Valiance nodded, give one more set of clicks to let Apollo know that she was indeed near, if he was perceptive enough to try and understand the feathered dragon at least.

But, yes, others came. The first was the one whom had been beneath her as a nurse, one who had saved her herb box in the caves. A saviour of sort... a devilish saviour. She doubted that the mare saved anything unless it was already down and beaten. In fact, perhaps this mare even enjoyed giving that beating in the first place. Restless eyes continued to take in the mare's form before she glanced over toward the next set of oncoming hooves. Dark. Cold. She had needed healing after the captain competition a while back and Resplendence had been too afraid to give it to her - flashing memories of the takeover she had started to run from stuck clearly in her mind.

"Hurt. Bad. Friend. Good." Valiance is purring through the bond, and with a ton of uncertainty the mare pulls herself from the shadows. She is no longer in a high position. She cannot accept Apollo into this herd, and she's not sure he even wishes for her to be there - not with those that seem so close to him already so close. She goes to back away, It's not safe, Valiance. They aren't safe. They're taking over. They can hurt my whole family again so easily. She's sobbing through the bond, though no tears could come to her eyes after the hours she had cried earlier. But, she can't back away. A twig snaps, and they will know someone was there. So, gulping and trying to muster what little was left of this foreign word - strength - she pulls herself from the shadows and carefully tracks her way to the other side, as close to Apollo as possible (without encroaching on space) and as far away from the others.

"P-pleasure to see you once more sir Apollo," she whispers, eyes wide at the group before her. And, it is the words from the draft's mouth which send horror reeling through her mind. The Grey is united once more, but dear god, please don't let them hurt my family again. She can't, once more she swallows to ease the dryness that is present in her throat and Valiance takes to the sky before settling back on Res' poll, wings wrapping around her crown in a protective sort of hug. You see, maybe things would get better if she could just hide forever. But he knew that wasn't possible, so he would do his best to be the protection she needed.

It was all going to break. Was this even, really, her home anymore? So, with nothing more to stay, she simply stood there, head low and body as small as could be made. She didn't know these three - not really - and while she could be strong in the face of injuries and blood and horror, she knew she was not strong enough to fight or protect herself. Those were two different things, and really, she never could understand how to merge them into one world.

Yes. It would all shatter...

@[Apollo]

When I'm ready to fall
With love

"Lakota..." The moment that she burst through the brush of the World's Edge, of this land that was to be his home, Apollo felt a wild rush of excitement and affection course through his frame, starting from the tip of his toes, traveling up his legs and coursing through the wide girth of his body until it reached his core, his heart and warmed it in a considerably familiar way that it did whenever he saw Ktulu. The Merciful and Poisoner had seen many days together; faced many trials, many hardships, many losses and sadness together, but they had prevailed... And look at them now! Through hell and high-water, they were together again.

'Polly?'

A wide, goofy grin pulled Apollo's lips upwards at the sound of Lakota's voice and the name that only she could call him, who has called him, and he smiled brightly, honestly, wanting nothing more than to lope up to the violet-eyed beauty and rub his muzzle all over her. She was a familiar, a constant, like Archibald and Midas, and seeing her would forever bring him immense joy and warmth.

The Merciful stallion, once Chief of the fallen Foothills, now a wanderer searching for a home and precious family, watched as Lakota strayed by Archibald's side, such a precarious expression upon her pleasing features, and Apollo wanted nothing more than to soothe whatever worry might be crushing her bright, exquisite spirit. Nothing could tame the willful fire that was Lakota the Poisoner, and Apollo would throw himself in the path of whatever would try before he allowed it.

"Hello, Lakota," He murmured softly, honey-brown eyes shining in merriment and delight, "I have. I... I think it's time, to find a home again. I... I've missed everyone." And that was an honest, sad, and terrible truth. Apollo was not a creature to live alone in seclusion, for it dampened his heart and spirit. At mention of his companion, of the tiny weight that he could hardly feel upon his back, Apollo risked a glance once more to the tiny bundle of Zola and smiled back to Lakota, idly noting how Aodaun was quick to dart off. "Yes. Her name is Zola... She is mine, and I'm hers."

The weight of Loretta and the malamute's whines were a thing forgotten in his excitement, as was the fact that Valiance had been resting upon his head and was quick to dart off, but a particularly loud whine and yelp caused an ear to flick back to where Loretta jerked and whirled around in a flurry of... Of what? Apollo had never seen her act in such a way, so frantic as though with terror, normally so composed with Archibald in her presence, but soon, the Dauntless himself spoke and explained the very reasoning as to why the red malamute was acting in such disarray.

"Oh!" The Unicorn gasped in surprise, eyes widening momentarily before he reached back and brushed his muzzle against Zola's little head. "Peace... She means no harm." Soothing waves of warmth and love flowed through their bond, a thing of unspeakable intimacy, and delicately the overo grasped the blind kitten by the scruff with his teeth and lowered her to the ground, just before his front hooves. Zola was tiny; her size was nearly half the size of Apollo's left hoof, and the ground was no place for her, but he had faith that Loretta, the goodly creature she was, would keep the feline runt safe.

The moment that her paws were on the ground, Zola sniffed about, occasionally spitting a pathetic hiss of uncertainty, but otherwise remained calm with Apollo's mental soothing running through her mind.

That mental connection broke, however, as Ktulu arrived much in the same fashion as Lakota herself had, wild and flustered and looking so beautiful that it nearly stole Apollo's breath from his very chest. His eyes lingered upon the Constrictor, taking in her familiar body, eyes assuring that she was well, that she was okay, and his heart ached terribly as his gaze matched her own, fierce red orbs. Ktulu... Likewise, the Constrictor moved towards Archibald, and the two shared a greeting that Apollo understood on an emotional level. They had all served together, as the Grey, and now... Now they were united once more. Not as the Grey, but as something new, something more. The Grey would always hold a special place in each of their hearts, but now, it was time to look towards the future, towards change.

"Ktu..." He murmured, loud enough for her to hear and understand the myriad of emotions that swam in his breast, "I am, if you all will have me. I... I've sought a home in the Edge, as you all have promised. I want to come home." He wanted to live among friends and loved ones once more. Apollo was tired, so tired of being alone, of spending his days in solitude, but now that would change. Here, in the World's Edge, he would hopefully find everything that he had been searching for since the Foothills fell.

It was then that the fair maiden in hiding seemed to find balance within herself, because Resplendence pulled herself from the trees and stood among them, but not close, never close. Apollo could see the terror that gripped her, the uncertainty, and he admired the courage that she showed in that point in time, the courage to fight her fears and stay standing when everything in her brain screamed at her to run.

"The pleasure is mine, miss Resplendence," Apollo said soothingly, his smile softening in hopes of reassuring her that all was well. "It's good to see both you and Valiance again. You look well."

Archibald's deep baritone then snapped Apollo's gaze from his conversation, amber eyes staring at the impressive Dauntless and his heart warming at the beast's words of truth. The Grey was united once more... Indeed it was, but it didn't stop there. Archibald, his goodly, shadowed brother, welcomed him into their fold with such familiarity that it brought tears to the Merciful's eyes.

"Thank you, brother. I... Thank you." Honestly, Apollo just didn't know what to say. He was home, among those that he loved the most in his life. Archibald, Ktulu, Lakota... Finally, he was home.

Home.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Warm gold gems turned to her, affection glowing in normally stoic pools. They prompted a small smile from the little blue mare, taking strength from having her brother at her side. There was a lingering suspicion that things were not going to go perfectly, that this reunion would hold problems that Lakota was not equipped to handle. Even still her lips formed his name, the nickname that only she was ever allowed to call him - by her own decree of course. His answering grin lifted a mysterious weight from her shoulders, and her own smile shuddered to life, as if not used to being implemented. It strengthened to hear that he intended to stay, that their days of wandering and searching for a real home, together, were finally over. Ended. Together at last, the Grey, reunited. Perhaps beneath a different name, but there all the same.

Zola. She is beautiful but small, and Lakota wishes that her magic still resided within, that she were capable of healing the damage that is so apparent. But Loretta seems to be the only one who can help, for Aodaun is off fetching Ktulu. Who comes, invariably, moments later. The reunion between the two former leaders was beautiful, but Ktulu did not forget her, murmuring her gratitude to not have been left out of the scenario. Lakota smiled shyly, a little overwhelmed to see such love on her mate's face when they were in the presence of so many others. "Of course. It is time to be reunited, after all."

Her little kitten comes out of hiding then, and the Poisoner shot her a brief smile of welcome. Though there is still a part of her that wants to snake her neck and chase her off, because she does not belong, not really. She does not have the blood of the Grey in her veins, and though they had been the ones to steal her home away from her, Lakota did not hold as much value as Resplendence did concerning that incident. Instead, the Poisoner reverts to silence, watching as they all come together, a feeling like joy budding hopefully in her chest. She had begun to hate remaining in the Edge, being subservient. But now...maybe she could handle it once more. And though she says nothing more, feeling a little like she's dissolving into the mists around her with the sudden profound discomfort that she is experiencing, she is there all the same. Whole once more.

Chunga-Stock
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

"The Grey is united once more, brother and sisters. Apollo, I welcome you into the World's Edge by my authority as Captain here."

There was a mixture of emotion that was brought on by such a simple statement of the Grey being together once more. She had all the pride in the world wrapped up in the three that were standing with her. She had protected them and they had protected her. They had fought together, won together, been defeated together. All of the trials they had been put through had made their bond so much stronger. Yet there was a certain amount of sadness and regret that came along with it. It was because of the Grey that she had lost touch with her parents and her sister. It had gotten too big, warped into something she had never intended it to be. "We are." She agreed with Archibald, voice quiet and contemplative. "But we are not the same Grey." And she didn't think she wanted them to be the same.

Very little attention is paid to the new mare and her dragon. The fact that Apollo knew her and addressed her by name is the only reason that Ktulu did not turn to her and tell her to get her ass moving in the opposite direction. He may have been gone for ages, but was still as protective of him as she was of Lakota and Archibald. As Ktulu looked at her, however, she recognized her as the healer who healed Fiore after the battle for Captain, but made someone else heal her. Being busy was no excuse because Ktulu had seen Lakota handle several injured at once without complaint. There had just been a little bit of berating on Lakota's part.

"Of course you are welcome to stay." Ktulu snorted at Apollo's ridiculous remark. "Anyone who has a problem with it can deal with us." She motioned first to Archibald then to Lakota. The other mare had been pushed to the back of her mind because her opinion on the matter made little difference to Ktulu. "Rest assured, Apollo, wherever the three of us are will always be a place for you."

"."

@[Apollo]

ooc:// derps. sorry it took so long

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Archibald remained silent as the others spoke, letting his eyes trail over each of them in turn. For such a frigid, undemonstrative stallion, his heart was full. However, as his dearest comdrades stood before him, he panged for his family. Circe, his wife, and his sons. He wanted them here with him as well, in the Edge, to serve with him and grow in wisdom and strength. Inwardly, Archibald reprimanded himself, and solidified that he would go out in search for Circe as soon as his duties allowed him to leave the herdland. There was much between them that needed to be covered.

Archibald looked to Resplendence, letting his chin tuck in a simple, respectful nod. He did not know much of the mare, except it had been her that he had stolen the artifact of safety from in the time of Helovia's sickness. He did not feel the need to apologize to her, for it was his way of keeping Helovia safe, but the look in her eyes and they way she held herself in his presence made it seem that it was necessary. However, the beast stayed silent, merely letting the moment pass over in respectful quiet, hoping that somehow she would understand him. Archibald was not a beast of words, though he was skilled in conversing, he chose to use his words wisely and only when needed. He did not yell, he did not jest, he did not degrade any with his mouth, simply the stallion gave what was needed.

"Welcome home, brother." Archibald spoke again, closing the distance between him and Apollo, and wrapped his massive neck over the smaller stallion's. He moved his shoulders in to invite their mares--their faithful friends--into the embrace as well. Loretta, as Archibald moved, quickly stood over Zola protectively. Her muzzle dropped to the small, black kit. Carefully she sniffed it, investigating it with her onyx nose. The bitch's salmon tongue moved from the cage of her jaws and over the creatures back before her front teeth--so gentle and motherly--started to groom the small kitten along its spine.

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Resplendence

Was she even supposed to be here? Should she really be trying to care? She was the outcast in this group. She was the one who didn't fit and she doubted that she would ever fit. It was something that she was accustomed to - not fitting in - but it still hurt and tore at her heart.

He claims that he is the one who is getting the pleasure from her presence, but she supposed it was probably true. Because, really, at this moment, she felt no pleasure at all. She felt weak and scared. She was anxious, afraid that they were all going to suddenly turn on her. "S-so do you," she said, shuffling backwards as each of the others seemed to come in closer. Sure, she'd received a smile from the blue one who had saved her herb box, but it was little to reassure the mare that she was safe. And Archibald - having just learned his name - was now offering her curt nods.

She swallowed, still moving back. It wasn't too long ago (so it seemed) that he had stolen a trinket from her tail. She never had learned what it did, but the fact that he had stolen it from her… it had taken a small shred of safety which she had originally had.

Her eyes lowered, trained on the ground as Valiance stayed in her poll - wanting to support his bonded as much as he could at this time. Quietly, she allows her mind to mesh with a few words. "I'll l-let you all h-have your moment." she whispers, just loud enough for Apollo to hear. "If-if you need me, I'll b-be at my g-garden. M-most know w-where it is," she finished, still just for Apollo.

"Good day," she managed to say clearly to the rest of the group, her bodice backing her into the shadows. And, as soon as she hit the tree line she spun around - taking off at a gallop toward her personal garden. Galloping off toward her only safe haven. They Grey was back - maybe not the same, but they were beginning to take over the one place she called home.

She had lost the only thing that had made her seem useful, and now her home was being filled with those from the past she hadn't wanted to relive.

Life just worked perfectly, didn't it?

@[Apollo]
When I'm ready to fall
With love