the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sticky Fingers [Pompeii]

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
trouble just grew wings

You’re still a mile away, but you swear that you can already smell those awful cherry blossoms. Snorting, you flap your wings harder, trying to gain altitude—maybe the air won’t be so bad higher up? No such luck. Figures, you think bitterly. Remind you why you were going back to this island again? You thought that you’d sworn up and down that never again, never again, would you fly within five miles of this smelly, sissy place, this fool’s paradise where the grass was sweet, the ladies were sweeter, and where your testicles had all but shriveled up and died. Since leaving the island, you’ve had many more notable adventures, but confound it if they don’t mean anything at all, because only one face resurfaces in your mind over and over again, making it quite impossible to enjoy yourself. You can’t believe you miss the bossy voice and the cutting tongue, but every time you close your eyes, you see her flashing ones, and every time you take flight, you half expect to hear the sound of her self-important screeching as you leave her behind. And don’t even let you get started on that body of hers! Even thinking about it is enough to drive you insane. You have to see her again, and if this is the place where you’ve encountered her most often, then so be it. You will brave the air that practically smells pink, the sleepy hum of the island, and anything else that comes your way if it means finding her. Sounds romantic, doesn’t it? But it’s not. It’s simply a case of pure, unadulterated lust that has you flying into this flowery airspace again.

With the hope of finding the rainbow mare just ahead, the last mile slips by quickly, and in a matter of minutes the island looms before you like a rocky, disembodied head. Impatiently, you let out a whinny. Show yourself, Bell.

@[Pompeii]

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Pompeii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Let's get some things down here.
1. I don't fly.
Every one back in that brothel I feel I'm forced to live in don't seem to ever hush their lips over this place. As always, I am unwilling to leave home unless everyone else is doing it. As the upper society, I must make sure the Plebians can take this mess, that the next place that appears might just be my new temple. That sounds nice, when I think about it. My glorious ass placed into a marble stone is amazing. It's where I've always belonged, and I swear by Nero's grave that that's where I'm going to be.
Before that, I need to get certain matters done. My child, my life, MY PRECIOUS is missing at the hands of some thief best to be crucified the moment I strike my hooves upon his hide. His skin would make for a nice cape if I could be that sort of mongrel. That's what, I gasp now, the Germanics do.
Clouds gather around my hooves, unmanicured and hideous through the wear this kind of slave-like lifestyle is like. As I'm carried up, I see now that this is my chariot towards becoming a God like I should of been, hauled upwards to be held in the arms of my brethren speci-
Well, look who it is.
Like my brethren smile upon me and see now is the time for me to win my key to royalty, there is the thief himself. I cringe at the sight of those wings. They weren't where I came from, other than the ones I'd seen Valentinianus bare as gifts of war. Wings were useless in how I could gain silken robes to wear at my parties.
He's hideous, plain, disgusting, boiling anger into my brain where I grit my teeth. He has my crown. What's mine. M-i-n-e, not his. Not ever his. Always mine. I'll kill for that crown back, by Masahiko's blood that I washed off of it when I won it. I'm the one who gets to be Emperor, and no one is going to stop me.
I charge, rage having now taken over. Somewhere, Saturnina tells me it's not lady-like to be a hot-tempered narcassit, but something has to put me above all else before I get my throne.
"Ego cum sanguis in manibus tuis miserum corpus meum, et corona!"
Forget their language. It's time to learn how to be civilized, and that begins now.

Ego cum sanguis in manibus tuis miserum corpus meum, et corona: I'll have your blood on my hands when I wretch my crown from your corpse.

Crucifixion reference due to crucifixion was the formal execution by the Romans for thieves and murders.

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
trouble just grew wings

You touch down on the island, wings beating hard as your hooves hit the grass. Your nostrils are already flaring from the cherries, but there’s no time for a disgusted scowl to even wrinkle your features before a fiery form is barreling towards you. “HEY!” you yell, stumbling to the side. “Watch it!” You whirl, head turning wildly, seeking the stranger’s face. Wait a second…did he have wings? Red begins to cloud your vision, and you can feel your adrenaline levels spike. A unicorn? Here? Have they taken over the skies too? You trumpet, enraged. You shouldn’t be surprised—it’s never enough for these barbarians, is it? Yes, the mountains are not enough; the valleys are not enough, but stil…here? The one haven for your kind? It is too much! You dash after the stranger teeth bared and wings flapping madly. You’ll throw this monster right off of the edge!

The stranger has a head start, but as you swing into a gallop, your hooves begin to skim the grass. With the help of your wings, you lift yourself into the sky, determined to overtake this beast. Screaming, you flap upwards, gaining altitude before you wheel. You judge that you must have overtaken the stranger by now, and indeed, when you look down, you’ve got a clear view…but what you see nearly makes you fall out of the sky. Your attacker has no wings all right, but where a horn should be, the forehead is smooth and flat. The forelock is tossed to the side, but you can see no scar, no disfigurement…the thing doesn’t have a horn! Your jaw drops. Could this be a…? But no, everyone knew that they’d gone extinct years ago, when the unicorns wiped them out. Still…this creature looks suspiciously like a—dare you say it?—like a horse. Dazed, you shake your head violently. Are these cherry blossoms getting to you?

You need to know for sure. Clumsily, you land, making sure you’re a safe distance away from whatever this thing is. ”Hey!” you call roughly, tossing your head in its direction. “What…what are you?”

@[Pompeii]

Sorry for the long wait; just got off of absent!

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!