the Rift

looking for life [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

TOR
a mare who is forever wandering, bound by nothing but her mind

Trees, trees, everywhere. Won't you go away and leave me for another day? It was a big muddle of trees. Dark green, oak, aspens, maples. Who would bother naming these? Waste of time to the mare's distracted mind. She had lived in the Threshold, as she knew it was called, for many years now. Ever since the mare was a youngling, just a yearling. In the recent days, she had grown weary of the green upon her melted chocolate brown eyes, and Tor longed to see the ice fields and tundra she had seen as a filly. Naturally, the mare did not blend in at all to the colors of the forest- her slate-gray tobiano coat, with its irregular white patches along her shoulders, back, and hindquarters, were a bright spot midst the shadows. But first, Tor longed for friends. Companionship. She wished for her own herd, a family, protection. Second, Tor wanted to learn to heal. Third, she wanted to use her healing skills to help others- to lend out her services to the weaker and less fortunate, no matter how racist they might be.

What a despicable word- racist. Tor thought distastefully, picking her way through the brush. There are no races here- we are all equines. So why bother hating others? Mass-murderers, idiots, fools, stupid mares like me who don't want to fight. But no races. The white mare swished her thick cream tail, and nibbled on a clump of green grass near the roots of an oak. The mare's great head rose, and her gray nostrils flared pink. Nothing. Just the cloying scent of dirt, the fresh scent of dew on grass, and the sweet smell of the last blossoms before Orangemoon cut their life-source and they would die. Being a flower- how would that feel? The mare's idle mind conjured images of boredom, simply seeing this small patches of trees surrounded by forest for several long months.

Her jaw locked in protest as she yawned, teasing the kinks out of her neck and shoulders. Maybe someone would come along, and she could befriend them. If it came to a fight... well, she would most certainly be in trouble. Despite her towering height at 17.1 and broad muscled body, she had no heart for pain. That is why she longed to heal and love, and to spread her services through the lands. If only she had companionship. Perhaps she should travel to the veins of the god and seek the Earth God's help- or the Moon Goddess. But the Sun God would only bring destruction. No, not him.

Look at me, what a lonely fool I am. Tor realized despondently, and an audible sigh escaped her lips.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 450

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

The Valiant was determined to take his duties to his new herd and perform them well. He would not stand idly by and watch as the Throat and Edge gathered so many refugees who had wandered into the land of Helovia. Absently he wondered about his former home, Dorngarrow, but he shook his maneless neck to rid himself of the thought. That place was not a home; it was a battlefield.

He walked through tall, beautiful trees as the crisp, orangemoon breeze blew past his body. The black dun was grateful for the weather change as his wounds were still on the mend. However, he would not stay locked away behind his borders just because of a few injuries to his skin - no. He was determined and driven.

Crimson eyes saw a mare in the distance who he knew would stand taller than himself. She was a lovely white mare with thick feathered hooves and patches of grey splashed across her thickly muscled figure. He smiled kindly and trotted up to her, his own lithe, warmblood form was thickly muscled, but he was not nearly as strongly as her natural conforation allowed.

"Welcome to Helovia," he said with a short bow. "I am Paladin the Valiant, lead of the Foothills. Do you need a place to live? Did you travel far?" he asked, his question full of earnest curiosity and concern.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
OOC: Thank you for replying! I thought this thread was going to die :( So Tor doesn't want to settle down, buuuuut I was thinking maybe they could become friends? She wants some allies and just horses (or unicorns!) she can rely on.

TOR

Almost immediately, Tor's attention was snapped to the handsome, Warmblood-type unicorn to him. He had a sparkle to his crimson eyes, it seemed to the tall mare, and unlike some, the red eyes didn't immediately raise a barrier between her and the foreign horse. Black as night, with white socks that faded into barring. A cream mane clothed his neck and and his tail was a flowing silk banner, tipped in a bold red. It seemed as if his shimmering white horn had been dipped in blood as well, but Tor sensed he was not about to harm her.

A sparkling charm seemed to be alight around him, and Tor's glum moods immediately perked. "Welcome to Helovia," Tor's mood jumped up again as he did a short bow. Immediately, flattered, she responded in turn by a bob of her head, blinking her warm brown eyes in surprise. "I am Paladin the Valiant, lead of the foothills. Do you need a place to live? Have you travelled far?" Tor whisked her tail across her flanks, a sign of hesitancy. Her eyes crinkled around the edges, a sign of happiness. What a conflicting picture my body was showing! What a proud name. Paladin the Valiant. It certainly sounds very noble. Maybe he'll be a good start for an ally. No, a friend. This is the kind of horse- correction, unicorn, I would help to heal. Once I get my powers. Tor shut off the rest of her thought, allowing her words to come from her pink lips smoothly and with a touch of pride and a pinch of happiness to it.

"Your words are most kind, Paladin. I am Tor, a wanderer of sorts. I'm afraid I cannot settle down, due to old habits and a feeling of unrest that will haunt me for what seems like forever. I am most sorry to decline your offer. Alongside these reasons, I am also searching for the Veins of the Gods, where I will ask for healing powers. So I feel I musn't relax yet, until I can help others. But I would happy to have a friend. Someone, and tell me if I am wrong, I feel is a very strong and good friend to have." Strangely enough, Tor felt no qualms about sharing her plans with the black unicorn. Maybe it was the mood about him. Hopefully her decline of his offer wouldn't set him off- the lovely tobiano dearly hoped that he would be willing to return the friendship she sought.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 420

Deceased
Tamme
[OOC: no problem :D I wanted to reply, but I havent had a chance until now]

The Valiant was obviously not in the peak of his health at the moment. Scorch marks from Gossamer's dragon still ran up his shoulder and onto his face. The mane he once sported was now just a thin, white line on top of his scarred crest. When he approached, he thought that her mood seemed to lift, and he smiled, proud that someone appreciated his kindness. Quite unlike a few members of his herd. Ridiculous twits. As he observed her, the black dun noticed that she seemed anxious but glad, and he wondered how long she had been alone.

Paladin could not deny that he was disheartened by Tor's response, but he understood the need to wander. He had wandered until he landed on Isilme, and now here. But, he supposed the blood of a warrior kept him with a group, no matter where the group was. She wanted to be a healer, which was a noble goal, and she also wanted a friend. The black dun smiled kindly. "I am always open to friendship, Tor," he replied, glancing back over his shoulder for a moment.

"Though you are a traveler, you are welcome to take rest in the Foothills. I understand the need to not stay in one place, however. I hope that once you have found your magic that you will be able to settle down." He smiled kindly. "You may be interested in an outcast band called the Qian, then. Mirage is their leader, and they usually make camp in the Deep Forest."

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
(OOC: Yay! First friend for Tor in Helovia- check :) So basically Tor said she would come in times of need for the Foothills and might settle down later. And we can leave it here after your response or whatever or (with Paladin's permission) meet in the Foothills?)

TOR

"I am always open to friendship, Tor," The stallion glanced behind his shoulder. Now that he was closer, Tor realized her eyes had deceived her. Although still quite the looker, scorch marks ran down his shoulders. His white mane, which she thought to have fallen on the other side of his neck, was just a mere line in the curving black muscle. "Though you are a traveler, you are welcome to take rest in the Foothills. I understand the need to not stay in one place, however. I hope that once you have found your magic that you will be able to settle down. You may be interested in an outcast band called the Qian, then. Mirage is their leader, and they usually make camp in the Deep Forest." Tor took this in, and gave it a moment to digest. It was very hospitable of the stallion to offer her shelter. Certainly she needed to repay him in some way, if it ever came to it. She would be willing to offer her services. Maybe I could offer to heal him, once returning from the gods. Tor eyed his wounded shoulder, sizing up the wound. Soaking it in cold water would relieve the pain if there was any, but if it were fresh or old she could not tell.

"I am happy to accept your offer. Rest for these weary feet would be good, Paladin, even if just for a couple of days. If you ever have need of me, just send someone to find me and I will come. Whether for a herd member or yourself, I will be happy to help heal others." Perhaps it was rather outgoing of her; maybe a bad thing to be so willing. But he had done something she felt deserved more than the herd leader probably thought. "And Paladin, not meaning to speak as if we are about to part, but if I ever need to settle down you can rest assured, because I will join your herd. I know of the unicorns and the pegasus homelands, but even if I were either, horned or winged, I would still return to your lands." And that's how you compliment someone. Tor thought with satisfaction. But it was true. Is true.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 377

Deceased
Tamme

The stallion listened to her gentle voice, inspired by her kindness. After an entire battle of words full of hate and anger, this mare was a panacea for his soul. "I will take you up on your offer, Tor. You are kind to make yourself available for such taxing work. I am aware that healing is not easy." Then, she told him that he would join his herd when she was ready to settle down. That made him smile.

The stallion kindly bowed his head. "The Foothills would be gaining a diamond out of rubies were you to join among its ranks," he replied honestly. "You are one of the first honest and unbiased newcomers I have ever met, and I am pleased to cross paths with you." He paused for a moment, brows furrowed. "Do you require guidance to anywhere? I would be pleased to accompany you to where your hooves desire to wander."