the Rift

Tattered Delusions [Cheveyo]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

It had been early when the unlikely pair had risen from their slumber and headed out to make the most of the day. The snow had fallen through the night leaving a unmarred white carpet throughout the forest covering anything smaller than three inches in height. Inhaling deeply the steely stallion enjoyed the refreshing scent of freshly fallen snow and the rich earthy odor left by the many evergreens surrounding them. While the temperature had been on the cooler side it was still a nice change from the sweltering heat that the summer had thrown at them. Walking along beside him was his best friend and bonded who seemed to be more interested in whatever creatures were scurrying around underneath the thickened layer of underbrush than anything he was doing. Her eyes were the size of saucers as she scanned the area for any tasty morsels that might just cross their path unable to see them with the hazy fog.

As the morning progressed there were no other strange happenings well other than Kiara’s rather gruesome capture of her breakfast rabbit. “What do you say to a bit of sparring practice before we head back home?” Gazing over to where Kiara had just finished cleaning herself up he watched for her reaction to see if she might be game for some fun. Their last training session had gotten cut short thanks to the man-eating moss attacks so they could use some extra time to fine tune their skills and practice. Amused chuckling sounded from her throat at the reminder of the crazy moss dilemma they had found themselves in. While she said nothing in response it was not hard to tell that she was up for whatever came their way. Breaking into a trot to find a suitable area for a potential battle Kiara bounded after him eager to hone her predatory skills. As he slowed he flinched as the graceful feline leapt up onto his back trying to be careful not to lacerate her bonded in the process. “What are you doing?” He asked silently turning his head to face her questionably. Blinking her eyes she sat down on his thick hindquarters before motioning over to one of the large evergreens nearby with her paw. Before he could question her further a vision of their last spar portrayed before him showing him how she wanted things to be done. "Since when do you get to call the shots?" He chided her with fake horror. There was no point trying to argue with her as she was probably just as stubborn as he was. Sighing in defeat the stallion only rolled his eyes playfully before striding over to the lowest branches of the tree as requested.

Turning around once he felt his bonded leap off to concoct her plan while he according to Kiara made "himself useful". Calling out loudly to whoever might be in the area he proceeded to walk around the area to figure out what all could be used to his advantage should someone answer his call. Looking back when he was satisfied that his hoof prints mapped out the area for his own personal knowledge he searched for his companion without moving a step from where he had stopped. High up in one of the trees she sat perched completely concealed from view waiting. If he could not sense her there he would have easily walked right by here and not known any better. Perhaps this could work… well not that he would admit it aloud. Raising his head proudly and straightening his frame he mentally and physically tried to prepare himself for whatever lay ahead.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting: It is a early morning in the deep forest with a couple centimeters of fresh snow on the ground. Deep into the forest you find a small clearing where the trees have thinned out except for the younger medium sized evergreens placed around at random. The air is cold enough to see your breath and there is a thin layer of fog around ground level.
Attacks: 1/1 Opening, 0/3 attacks, + 0/1 closing
Time: Unlimited
Use of companions, items, magic allowed
Words: 610

•• TAGS: @[Cheveyo] •• NOTES: If I missed anything feel free to add/change. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I had found myself wandering through the lands of Helovia, thinking over my new found responsibilities and what I would have to do in order to protect those I cared about while those with the gift of sneaking searched for whatever it was that had caused such an uproar during a peaceful time. Chestnut ears flicked about lazily while yellow painted hooves struck out, splitting through the snow that seemed to have crusted over with ice in the forest before hitting the solid, frozen ground with a gentle thud. So far it seemed as if this Frostfall had a tighter grasp around the lands of Helovia than the last year or so that I had been surviving here, there wasn't a land that didn't have at least a thin layer of snow on it. There wasn't a place that your breath wouldn't be visible, unless of course you were one, like the Sunshower, who found the floating Island to be one of the more favorable places to spend time.

Even before the murder of the pegasus, the Island had struck an ill note in my mind. Something about it had always seemed quite off to me, so unless it was for a meeting of some sort, I had opted to stay as far away from it as possible. And so far, that plan was working out quite well for me. The bellow of a stallion, just off to the right a little broke through my thoughts of Captains and new responsibilities instead drew my attention back to reality where I found myself standing in the middle of a thick forest, my hooves nearly invisible due to the fog that covered the ground in a blanket. Snorting a gust of steam into the cold air I turned in the direction that the stallion's call came from, I wondered just what it was that I was being called for because it didn't seem like there was any kind of distress in the brute's beckoning.

It didn't take long, just a matter of minutes, before my painted frame broke through the line of thick trees to find myself standing in what looked like a natural battle arena, a clearing where the mist seemed to have thinned out and the snow a little less crunchy beneath my yellow painted hooves, the only trees blocking my view of the taller, darker creature were young saplings that were only just beginning their journeys to the sky above. A smirk tugged at the corners of my rosy lips as I looked at the stallion, wondering if he would be the reason why my mind would be mended. Would this silver creature be the cause of my heart being put back together?

There was only one way to find out.

Suddenly I was back in motion, white splashed limbs stretching out into a canter while weaving my body between the limber trunks of the young saplings. The stallion was taller than I was, but that meant he was probably a little bit slower, or could hold out a little less than I could. Not quite as large as Archibald, I would need to use techniques learned in fighting him in order to protect the precious purple flower that was braided into the base of my tangled tresses. Once I was close enough, I darted towards the stallion's left hip, cracked and worn ivories bared as they seeked purchase on his dappled flesh while painted front hooves flailed outwards in efforts to bruise up his back leg. As soon as my hooves hit the ground again I was moving, moving away from the larger creature enough that he would have to come after me if he were to attack back.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Ciceron]
Words;; 623.800
OOC;;
Attacks;; 1.3
Defense;; 0.1
Injuries;; None yet!

BH-Stables

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Breath in, breath out…

A couple repetitions of this exercise was all that it took to ease the dapple’s mind from the chaos storming around inside. Letting go was not the ultimate goal but rather pushing the clutter to one side for a little while to clear space. The mystery of the murders was still very fresh in both their minds and it would take some time before they could forget the many grotesque images but for now it was only a side thought. “Ready” Opening his silver orbs as Kiara thoughts drifted down through their connection he nodded in silent agreement.

They had expected to be waiting for much longer than it took for someone to show up upon the makeshift battle arena but they were grateful for the swiftness. They were ready to get down to business and prove to themselves (and the annoying Oxy) that they could work well as a team to kick butt. Standing stock still as the filly approached he took this brief opportunity to try and paint a picture of what this girl might be capable of. Initial observations included; smaller stature than himself, lacking wings or horns, and unknown magical abilities. It might not be much but at least it was a start and did in fact tell him what he needed to know. Aiming high would be of little use if he wanted to actually do any damage to the warrior so he would have to strategize and aim carefully. “Be careful Kiara. I don't want to see you get hurt.” As hard as it was he was letting her be a part of this spar out of trust. He could not ask her to sit out if she wanted to participate but it didn't mean that he would be any less paranoid about her safety.

It took little time for the painted fae to respond before he watched her shoot towards him with determination. She had gut’s that’s for sure but let’s see if they wavered. Setting his shoulders the grey lowered his crown so that his weapon faced the oncoming threat should she make haste and go for his head. Hearing the snap of enamel as the girl launched her first attack he bunched his strength into his hindquarters based on the assumed trajectory of the paint’s incisors hoping to knock the mare off balance if she made contact. Feeling the brief spasm of pain in his hip and the grating of his flesh between teeth he squealed as his ears whipped back to plaster themselves against his skull in annoyance. It wasn't much more than a minor graze but it would likely fester into a bruise later on with the tissue trauma. Prancing in place in the attempts to avoid her hooves making contact with his lower legs he coiled himself around with his own ivories bared to give chase.

He could feel Kiara’s pulse pounding along with his own heartbeat as she launched herself from her hideaway with claws and teeth bared as she aimed to put a quick stop to the mare’s escape route. A menacing growl sounded from her throat as she leapt towards Cheveyo with clear intentions to inflict payback for hurting her bonded. Trying to time his next movement correctly so not to fall into his partner’s path the gray hurled himself over a small log trying to get one step ahead. Upon landing the stallion quickly launched himself forward to hopefully barrel into the paint’s front shoulder while Kiara did what she could to inflict damage upon the mare’s opposite side. Feeling his heart skip a beat he bit down on the fear that threatened to consume him over his companion’s safety. She was more than capable of this he just had to trust her and trust himself in the process.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron Thinks
Kiara speaks

• Words: 640 of 800
    Attack: 1/3
    Closing: 0/1
    OOC: --

• •• TAGS: @[Cheveyo] •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
    Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
    Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
    Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Semper

Excitement fluttered through my veins that were colored blue with the mustang heritage that ran through them as my painted frame pulled in closer to the dappled stallion who had lowered his skull, like I was so uneducated that I would find coming headfirst at a creature with a nature-made weapon to be my best choice. Chestnut ears pulled back against my skull as I drew closer to his hip where my bite landed, sadly I didn't draw any blood from the dappled creature at this point, but there was still time to cause him pain and gain my freedom from the demons that used my mind as their own personal puppet show. The fact that my painted hooves met nothing but air did little to bring down my morale, for as soon as my cracked and worn teeth released their hold on Ciceron's hip I was moving again.

A blur in the trees too my right drew my attention away from the path I had been planning on taking that would place me at a good distance from Ciceron so I could plot my next attack. Growling reverberated through the small clearing, filling the cool air and blocked all other noises from my eardrums. A shiver of panic passed over my painted frame as the large, white feline launched herself from the tree where she had been hiding, waiting to ambush me. Instinct kicked in and suddenly my hind limbs were off the ground as my spine twisted so if all went as planned the felines body would meet with my hooves just as her claws dug into the blue hand print that decorated my right hip. The sound of hooves barreling in my direction broke through the near silence and panic began to wash over my frame in waves.

How was I going to hold off both creatures? The big cat was stressful enough, let alone adding a large stallion into the mix.

Before I could think twice the stallion's chest collided with my only unmarked shoulder, a burst of pain flared out as the bruising began to form automatically, but as his body hit mine the area around us began to grow increasingly warmer as a glowing, orange ball of flames formed in front of me. Orchid pools widened to the point that whites were visible as I stared at the orb that was causing the snow beneath it to melt rapidly, I wasn't quite sure what it would do to Ciceron and the feline, all I knew was it was mine I could feel it tugged at the energy sources within my body while it spun and grew for a little less than a minute before dissapearing, leaving us back in the soft glow of the snow. Leaping into action once more, my yellow painted hooves carried me away from the feline and her bonded as quickly as possible following around the edge of the clearing while I kept my eyes on the trees just in case there was any other nasty surprises waiting for me.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Ciceron]
    Words;; 511.800
    OOC;; :: [Magic : DarkxFire | Can create an intense orb of fire that pulls in oxygen from the surrounding area]
    :: [ Restrictions | Severe oxygen deprecation within 1 m, lightheadedness and nausea within 5 m]
    Attacks;; 2.3
    Defense;; 0.1
    Injuries;; Scratches on right hip from Kiara's claws that are mildly bleeding but not overly deep. Bruised left shoulder from the impact with Ciceron's chest.

BH-Stables

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

From the point of impact things seemed to proceed in slow motion as each breath seemed to take an agonizing toll. At first all the dappled stallion could focus on was whether or not Kiara was alright but attention was forced elsewhere when a flaming orb materialized nearby. What in the hell?!? Throwing his head up and back with a startled snort in an attempt to get himself as far away from the flames as possible he tried to jump sideways away from the mare and whatever she had created. Whatever was happening seemed to strip the air of all oxygen leaving his lungs burning as he struggled to inhale whatever air was left. Stumbling slightly as things around him seemed to move in circles he felt something crunch against his body as his large mass took out a small sapling that happened to be in the way. A minute or so passed before the flaming object disappeared from sight returning all that it had taken from the surrounding atmosphere.

Shaking his head to clear the fuzziness from his vision that the lack of oxygen had created he steadied himself and whipping his head around to find out where the painted mare had disappeared to in all the confusion. “Kiara?? Where are you? Are you alright? Kiara??” Reaching out his mind in a panic to find his bonded he needed to know if she had been hurt. His silver gaze flashed over the chestnut mare briefly but continued to search until he found a rather frazzled Kiara watching him as she picked herself up from the snow. “I fine.” Huffing in relief he felt his anxiety level drop down a couple notches. From the looks of it Kiara had seemed to have avoided most of the damage directed her way in brief tussle. “Focus.” What? Oh right the spar… Whatever the mare had conjured had certainly taken them by surprise this time but that ship had sailed now so they would be ready for it should it happen again.

Turning himself to refocus on Cheveyo despite the protests from the strained muscles in his chest and right shoulder he tried to come up with his next move. Initially fear had made him oblivious to his own injuries as he had been more concerned for Kiara but now he could definitely feel the bruising to the deep tissues where he had rammed himself into the mare. That was going to hurt after all this was said and done but a small price to pay overall. Injuries would heal over time but should this be a real battle death was not as forgiving. Now back to the plan… not that he had really had one in the first place. Picking up his feet he careened forward out of the thick brush setting his sights on his next attack. Kiara too was already back on the move slinking as silently as possible through the thick fog letting her keen senses guide her into place. Hooves needed to be avoided but large fleshy areas made perfect targets to sink her teeth and claws into.

Pinning his ears back to his skull the stallion pushed himself to close the distance between himself and his target. Listening for the silence of his partner’s footsteps he turned sharply to slide around a tight corner to put himself where he wanted to be as close to the mare’s shoulder as he could get. Kicking up his heels he aimed to strike the fae’s barrel opposite Kiara’s claw marks as he thrust his horn forward hoping to pierce into anything he could manage to reach. Meanwhile Kiara circled around behind to close in on the pair from the outside trying to drive the paint into her partners attack or at very least get another chance to try and take the mare down by sinking her teeth into her fleshy neck like she would with a deer. Hey, the mare was small enough so she might as well give it a try and see what all would happen.

Ciceron talks
    Ciceron thinks
    Kiara speaks

Injuries: Bite wound on the left side of his hip that is already bruising and deep muscle bruising in his chest muscles and right shoulder from making impact with Cheveyo. Also there was temporary oxygen deprivation and dizziness caused by Chev's magical attack.

Attack: 2/3
    Words: 678

ooc: edited to add attack count and word count
    •• TAGS: @[Cheveyo] •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Official Posts: 847
    Administrator
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::
    Official
    Cheveyo is in AA. Ciceron wins by default and is awarded .5 VP.