the Rift

[OPEN] Black bird pie
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I wasn’t sure where to start this strange venture. So I began where everyone else did – at the horrible site where Vesta had taken her last breath and seen her killer for who he or she had been. If only I could travel back to that place in time. Revisit those last moments, taste the air that she’d inhaled and memorize the scent of those final seconds. “May ye rest easy,” I whispered to the air, for ears that would never hear and a voice that couldn’t answer. Forever silenced.

There was no trace of essence that would link me to anyone, but on the body are traces of hair that had fallen free from her attacker. Dark hair. Black hair.

Fina scoffed at how close I was to a pungent corpse and turned her beak aside. “Gross. Mind ye don't nuzzle it.” She muttered unkindly in her lofty sort of manner. My stomach sloshed a little at the mere notion. Little Neve stirred against the feathers of my nape, starting to wake from a peaceful slumber. I quickly withdrew and turned from the murder scene, heading inward across the island. It was high noon, a warmish sun gave off peaceful rays of light that kept the chilling cold at bay.

My mind slipped to a Basin cur as our possible murderer – who else would have a keen dislike for those of dragon origin and considering it was only unicorns that were granted safe passage into the Basin...had Vesta perhaps traveled to close to their borders? Perhaps it was bias of me to jump on such ponders so easily, but that is the privilege of private thinking. It might not be them anyways, perhaps our killer was a mare or stallion that’d traveled in from the shadowlands – the dead place that was unfit for those of us who are living.

Then there was the clues nature left us. Moss, worms and raining frogs. What did it all mean? How would the pieces form a connection?

@[Desperado]
@[Sialia]

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys</style>

I still hadn't found a way off of the horrible floating island that seemed to emit happiness that infected the creatures who managed to find themselves up here. Which yes, even I had to admit it was beautiful, but there was such a strong undercurrent of evil and chaos that I wanted to bolt. And bolt I did, only to find that the edge of the Island was protected by some kind of force field that kept idiots (such as myself) from free falling to our deaths.
So, after moping at the edge of the island I found myself being called inwards, further into the land of perma-birdsong which was growing increasingly uncomfortable with the heavy layer of fuzz that came with the snow that rested below. Soon I found myself surrounded by others of my kind, some grieving, some angry, and some just lost and empty as they stared blankly ahead. Occasionally someone whispered, pushing forwards ideas of who they believed had done the horrible deed. Emeralds glanced over the heads and shoulders of others before settling on the grounded body of the bird, a flicker of sadness washed over my frame but other than that I was void of emotions. I hadn't known this bird, and she definitely wasn't the first dead body I looked upon so the factor of growing ill was little to none.
It seemed as if the others around me were setting out to find the killer, who was likely in their midst. Acting. Pretending to be grieving when really he (or she) was admiring their handy work. Dark rimmed ears moved about as one by one the others began to head out, but I hung back, wanting to get a better look at the corpse before the gods removed it. I wasn't the only one who had decided to hang around as I stepped forward, out of the shadows the black and white bird was stepping away a strange determination in his gaze that made me wonder why he was alone when others had left as partners.
A snort blew through my darkened paper thins as I looked at the bird's corpse for but a minute, taking in the dark hairs, the only clearly evident hint before I turned to follow after the lonely bird. It didn't take long to get within earshot of the creature, once we were far enough away from the body that the stench of death and decomposition wasn't flooding our nasal cavities I spoke up with a proposition. "Good eve to ye sir. I 'ave a thought ye might find favorable." My speech was paused for a moment, wanting to give the stallion a chance to respond before I shoved my mind's working down his throat. "I don't know much of Helovia, but killers is somethin I know much of. Surely if we partnered up it'd work better fer the both of us."
Once I finished speaking, I stopped walking instead I stood there mulling over the different creatures I had met with black hair. The only one standing out being the pretty black, red, and white bird, but I had seen her here as well.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Sialia] & @[Midas]
Words;; 528
OOC;; <3

Image Credits
 HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

Disgust rolls through me. I had traveled to the floating island once more, to see what everyone was buzzing about. Some small non repulsed part of me says good job, good for them, for taking the blood lust out on something bigger than a rabbit. But at the same time, It disgusts me, as the creature before me is of the same blood. Maybe our linage was different, but we all came from the same place.

I search the crowd, slowly pushing through. I had left Glacia at home, with no orders on if she where aloud to go see the commotion or not. She could show up. It could be good for her to see death at its most brutal. Hell, my kid is probably going to need therapy.

But maybe not. I lower my head, before jerking it quickly up once more turning my head away repulsion evident in my pretty features. But I don't move, as something catches my dark eyes. My head returns to its position as I examine from further away than I liked. Black hairs? So many creatures of the Basin I knew who had this dark coloration. That is where all would look first. Anger rolls through my chest. Of course. It is always us first. But in all honesty it was just as easy for the rest of there own to have gone insane, or even an outcast. I raise my head, watching as the crowd slowly dissipates into a few left over creatures. A painted stallion, winged as well, has a very determined look on his face, and before long he too moves off. However he moves off alone. The next to go follows this stallion. He also happens to be of the male species.

I move closer, the repugnant smell turning my stomach over and over. No, I have seen all that there needs to be here, and I turn moving away. So what the hell where we to do now? Find the killer supposedly. With teams or in pairs. But it seems everyone already has teams. Working alone was never that interesting, and after all you could get more done with two, or even three. I turn my head and my body follows after the two recently departed studs. Neither are familiar, but I don't particularly care. Never did, never will.

I soon come upon the two, the winged stallion walking, whilst the speckled one stood. Words touch my harks, and they flick forward. Gee, who spoke like that anymore? Where in the world did they come from. Twin towers are forward as I approach. "Three is better than two, though four is a crowd." My voice rings out in the silence. It is silky, and a smirk plays on my lips. How funny. A pegusus, a unicorn, and a equine. Funnier yet the Unicorn was a Basiner. I look at the equine, my head high, my eyes slither over him. "Sialia. Bunny killer, Basiner, and prey to dark things that plague the mind. " My brows raise. "I could help, since I may have an insight to darker minds, having one myself." My eyes dart back to the winged stallion watching him. Waiting for the stop, for the answer. My eyes narrow. This might be a tension filled team. But I have no reason to hate either of these men. Would they feel the same is up to them.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Midas] @[Desperado]
Words;; 576 words
Notes;; Sorry if she seems.... Creepy. Thats just her, but she means no harm.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas

I realized that we were being followed not long after taking leave of that bloody corpse; Fina took note of this as well. She watched the dappled stallion from my rear, relatively unconcerned by him and more occupied with grooming her flashy tail. The stranger made no attempt to conceal himself and for many long moments I figured we were simply trailing the same road by happens chance. Those creamy colored hooves kept coming forward though, fixed toward our position. Eventually the distance between us was closed enough that I’m forced to regard him.

Honeyed gaze turns to his emerald stare with a reasonable amount of questions filtering forth. I didn’t have to wait long, the fellow started speaking. His tone and words sparked my interest, brows rose and a small smile flitted across my mug, “Hail,” I replied with a short dip of my crown, ebony chin just barely brushed the golden gem that lay imbedded in silver and steel. He offered the suggestion of a proposition, “So says ye?” Ears drifted curiously forward.

Neve peeked her head higher to look past my feathers. He stated clear intentions and claimed to have a mind for finding those of murderous intent. Partners? My smile grew and eyes glazed over with the sheen of consideration, “Those who tend to understand murderers are often killers themselves.” It wasn’t an accusation, simply a fact of truth.

We’d been tailed by someone else. She comes forward, a dark woman from the north. Aye, I could taste the smell of Basin lingering on her flesh. Features tighten and the smile I wore vanishes into a lean frown. Clearly she desires to join us on…whatever quest was to come of this. Sialia. Yar, I had half a mind to turn her away, my patience is thin and growing lighter by each moment – but, say true, a Basin mare could be useful in gaining Intel from a clan that would otherwise be out of our reach. If our killer was hiding in their numbers.

“Well met, Sialia.” Does my tone sound strained? Aye. But at least I’m replying and not scowling, “My name is Midas,” muzzle shifted round to point toward my flaming companion and the shy ice colored fledgling, “They are called Fina and Neve.” Earth had schooled me to find forgiveness and let go of old resentments. When I looked upon this woman I couldn’t help but wonder if he was testing me.

Dark mind indeed. Perhaps hers isn’t really as dark as mine.

“Does either of ye have a guess as to whom the murderer might be?” I could label none and would set the blame to nobody as of yet.

@[Desperado]
@[Sialia]

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys</style>

“Those who tend to understand murderers are often killers themselves.” The black and white spoke, a grin beginning to spread across his features while the strange birds that floated around him seemed to focus their attention on me rather than whatever it was they had been doing before. "Aye, ye speak truth brother." There wasn't a point in trying to cover up whatever past I may have, everything that had been done in my past lead me to where I was today. Even if I wasn't entirely sure of my purpose in Helovia my travels had led me here, so clearly I was meant to be here.
It seemed our party of two was destined to expand as a more feminine voice swung forward and between the black and white bird and myself. "Three is better than two, though four is a crowd." Dark rimmed ears flick forwards while mealy edged skull turns to look over my unmarked shoulder at the black and blue bell that had invited herself (much like I had) into our conversation and introductions. There wasn't much time for either of us to reply before the lady started speaking once again, "Sialia. Bunny killer, Basiner, and prey to dark things that plague the mind. I could help, since I may have an insight to darker minds, having one myself." Her eyes pulled towards the black and white who it appeared had been deemed the leader of our ragtag band of saints and sinners. That matter was just fine in my eyes, I wasn't leader material as I would always rather to be the brute behind the task rather than the brains.
Emerald pools drifted towards the black and white bird, who's name was still unknown to me thus far, and away from the black and blue Sialia just as he began to speak. “Well met, Sialia. My name is Midas, they are called Fina and Neve.” It seemed that speaking had become more of a chore for the winged one when the mare had shown up. Did the two know each other and I the stranger was intruding on their reunion? Or possibly bad blood between their families? Either way, I wasn't a part of whatever past the two may have and our task at hand was to find the killer that seemed to be running rampant in the lands of Helovia. "Desperado. Ye may call me Des if ye would prefer. 'Sa pleasure meetin ye both."
Once the introductions were made Midas brought the attention back to our task at hand with a question on whether or not anyone had any assumptions on who the murderer could be. The only creature with dark hair that I could think of at this point, was the tri-colored bird who had greeted me during my first day venturing out of the Heart Caves. But she didn't strike me as a killer, at least not an intentional killer. So instead of speaking up and offering the only name I knew so far, my reply was a silent shake of the skull. We would need to find more clues before I would be able to make any sort of assumptions that could convict a possibly innocent soul.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Sialia]
Words;; 545
OOC;; Sorry I'm so slow e.e

Image Credits
 HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

I seem to be the party crasher. Never mind that. I hold my head high, proud to be from the cold northern reaches. "Well met, Sialia" He says to me, and his voice is strained. I seem to have that effect on many who do not live or come from the Basin. A two toned head dips down, nodding to this man as he introduces himself... and his two birds. Fina and Neve. I bring my head back up. This man was called Midas, and the name sounded vaguely familiar. Like I had heard his name whispered in the wind. More likely than not I had caught it from the others speaking of him in the Basin. For some reason he felt very important.

Then the lad with the heavy western accent speaks. Desperado. Yes, his name fits him. I nod to him as well, before Midas brings our attention back to the task that was at hand. Who was the murderer? My mind reels, thinking of each black haired horse I knew. No, the list was to long. We could randomly guess, but it was better to wait for more clues to show up. "It is to hard to tell as of yet. We need to narrow the playing field." I look around me at both of the other equine species. Hell, we all carried black fur as well. It could be us for all we knew. It wasn't me, but who's to say Midas didn't agree. This was going to be one interesting investigation, that was for sure.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Midas] @[Desperado]
Words;; 261 words.
Notes;; I apologize for the shortness >.< I was trying to hurry.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas

Neither of them had a clue as to whom our mystery killer was. Yar, a useful band of riddlers we'd become for this murder. Of course it didn't help that there wasn't much evidence to go on. Black hairs, no scent or tracks to follow. Yar, not much at all. "For now we wait until something changes. There is little else to do." Until more evidence showed up we would be shooting black horses in the dark and there was a lot of black horses.

"Strange things have been happening all across this land. I fear they are somehow connected and it is not a moral soul we hunt for this crime." But a darkness, far more powerful than the gods; powerful because it had the ability to move in shadows, hidden from their gaze. Relying on unworldly things to nourish its hunger. My feathers tighten their hold, thinking about a possible unseen enemy gave me cause to feel anxious.

Whatever it was, the creature or spirit had intelligence, it had a will and a version of emotion or the lack of. "Perhaps the land of death will have an answer. There is still much darkness plaguing that territory." I glanced between them and settled on the basin lass, "Has anything unusual happened within the northern mountains?" Any living moss, flesh eating worms, or raining frogs mayhaps? Of course I didn't add the second question, it was substantial more interesting to learn what/if something had befallen them.

@[Desperado]
@[Sialia]