the Rift

[OPEN] Divergent morality

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
Ill at ease with the mode of transport to and from this island in the sky, Fig found herself at a great loss. She wished them not to stay there any longer- the bright, almost obnoxious commotion of the place was unsettling and wearing, and the macabre scene of death had more than soured her determination to remain; but the young Lignea was still more concerned about flying. It was entirely unnatural for any tree larger than a windswept seed to be cast into the sky, and especially aboard the flimsy form of white, powder-clouds. Her heart raced, overwhelmed by the burden of this task given by the elders of Prim’sylva, and confused by the civilization surrounding her. Their two worlds were as different as the wind and water of the earth they now shared, and though her faith remained untwisted, Fig felt as though her heart and mind alike were breaking in two.

They ambled as quickly as slow moving tree-kin could manage, putting fair distance between them and the bustling activity of the village in the valley; and a divide still greater from the corpse where it lay aside. The sun was high, a warm comfort despite the high, cold wind which seemed to rush by with relentless fury, and they found at last a small grove of friendly trees, each scattering playfully their brilliantly coloured blossoms through the tireless gust. Fig approached without caution, they were family after all, and perhaps the only true friends she had to lean on in this chaotic wilderness called Helovia. “There has been a terrible tragedy...” she began, her throat bubbling with grief. “One of them had been slain, they say by their own. It is so hard to believe, I know, but I witnessed the creature’s corpse with my own eyes. It was...

Horrific.”

As tears began to leak slowly from virgin eyes, the Lignea nestled herself closer to her speechless kin and the knotted canopy of her own began to interlock with theirs, an embrace of sorts, far warmer than it might have appeared. More than anything Fig wanted to be home then. She wanted to bask in the ever-warm sunlight of Prym’sylvia, the peace and the quiet of her homeland; where days turned into years, and adventure was left to the wonderful stories of the ancients; where life was slow and without incident, and where there was only harmony between the Lignea and the natural world.

“My duty here is far from complete though,” she continued, the naturally slow drawl of her voice softening suddenly with bleak resolution, “I am yet even to find my Soul Plant. Pray if only you had lips to aid me now, friends... If only you could share with me the secrets of this land so that I might better understand my quest.” Fig smiled weakly, glancing quietly towards the swaying tops of the beautifully delicate Sakuras, and a long sigh fluttered past her horse-like nostrils.

(@[Parelia], @[Ira], @[Kirah])
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Ira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I Remember when your head caught Flame

Word around here spreads fast. There has been a crime done here. A murder they say. It sickens me. But at the same time a question bubbles in my mind. Weren't there murders like such before? Had any one cared then? So why was it such a big deal now?

Granted, from the sounds it was grisley, and a brutal death for the poor creature. Another rumor spreads. That the gods had given out a quest for all. The job was to find the murderer. The only clue? Black hairs. I grind my teeth. There was a maltitude of black horses in this land, so how the hell was that supposed to help someone? Along with the black creatures there where black and white creatures, so it could have come from any one of them as well. Then again... Was I over thinking this? Was it actually the gods themselves, and where they just sending there little minions on a wild goose chase to try and find this "Killer" for a prize?

Rage inflames in me, and I close my eyes. It was no use getting angry over the whole thing, after all, I was a bit of a conspiracy theorist. However my attention is caught by the faint sound of a female voice. Curiosity blooms in my and I head that way. When I emerge the femme has finished whatever she was talking about, and all that came out was a soft snort from her nostrils. What puzzles me all the more was the fact that there was no one around. I cock my head, puzzled.

"You shouldn't be alone ma'am. There are criminals on the loose." My voice is gruff, but a genuine smile crosses my features, and I wait to see this lady's reaction.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Fig]
Words;; 299 words
Notes;; Sorry that this is a bit late dear <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
The voice of a stallion startled her – Fig had not been expecting company there where she had concealed herself far above the island village, amidst the splendid, cheerful cherry blossoms. The branches in her canopy clunked against the slender arms of her friends as they swayed and stretched ever upwards into the breeze, and the young Lignea turned her hefty frame slowly to meet the stranger who had arrived.

First and foremost, as her glistening green eyes fell across him, she was relived to note the fiery-red quality of his rippling coat – it was far from the suspicious black she’d seen streaked through blood, and a smile to compliment his own was offered. The stallion’s sunlit eyes were lovely, filled with earthy hue and she regarded them quietly, thoughtfully.

With some careful, considerate effort, Fig pulled herself free from the interlocked branches above, not even a single leaf was severed from its grip – such was the nature of her trouble, and the kindness in her heart.

Presently, though gradually, she moved (Lignea never moved with haste) to stand a little nearer by the chestnut. “Oh, you have heard also of the murd... of the death?” Even the concept of such a heinous crime caused her mind to flutter anxiously. Events like that which had taken place here, never, ever came to pass in simple, peaceful Prim’sylva. “What a tragedy...” She mused on, a little distracted, but holding him snug in her warm gaze’s embrace nonetheless. The picture he offered was far nicer than the flickering memory of bloating and torture which tried repeatedly to revisit her.

“I am Fig,” she introduced herself at last, her accent quiet without the fluent grace of the Helovian tongue. The unusual creature spoke slowly and softly, and the note of her young voice was deep like the rumble of storm-churned waves, and then she asked innocently, trustingly, “Would you stay with me awhile? Perhaps you are right.” After all, she knew so little about Helovia – and already he had confirmed her suspicion that true danger lurked around them.

@[Kirah]
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Tired of the freezing cold she set forth from the Edge with Penna in wing. She had asked Ilios to come, but he turned her down. Pain flicked through her heart as strong wings pumped through the chilly air. The young colt had become withdrawn unable to communicate freely with any. She knew what was wrong, knew what was killing his fiery soul, and there was nothing she could do about it. Sighing heavily the mare flew faster trying her best to out run the pain she held within her own heart. The teal streaked dove had set a course strictly for the floating island. The depressed mare focused wholly on the thought of green grass, and pretty pink blossoms. Penna swooped around her practicing his moves testing his swiftness and ability. His antics drew forth a bubbling laugh and a joyful screech from the falcon's beak.

As the island spread below them the mare smiled and soared above it enjoying the beautiful sight. But the island still held a wonder for her, there below her was a normal fiery red stallion and a draft with a... a tree growing upon her back. Curiosity drew her down to them. Landing softly several feet from the pair, so they fashioned a triangle she smiled softly curling her wings in close to her athletic sides. Extending her elegant neck as Penna landed upon her rub she allowed her honey eyes to look over the two. They were both taller than herself which put her slightly on edge, but not enough to show. Penna's thoughts were clear in her mind as they looked at the equines before them. Or at least the equine and the horse tree thing. Her voice bubbled forth warmly, "Hello I am Parelia of the World's Edge it is very nice to meet you." She dipped her head respectfully.

Apparently the island was not as safe as Parelia had believed it. She listened intently to the female's words anger and fear rising within her heart. Why had someone died, why here, and what had caused it? "Did you say someone died here? Do you know how?" Her voice was crisp with her worry, why would someone come here to die away from their family? In her anger rattled mind this left only one option, murder. She could feel the fire burning under her skin, begging to be released. 'No I cannot let my magic out not now.' Long teal streaked tail hairs flicked her sides aggressively as she thought of the poor horse that had been slaughtered.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ 'Penna'
Words: 428
Notes: Super excited to roleplay with everyone! <3

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
There's no place like home.

A sadness settles upon my shoulders, heavy and uncomfortable. Yet, this sadness is not actually mine, it belongs to the land. It's not something that haunts me, but it haunts everybody. Yet, I can not shake the image of the Pegasus out of my mind's eye. So, so pathetic and helpless. So sad, really. I'm so used to seeing deaths and those who are dead, but this, this is different.

But, I soon perk up as voices drift to me, not far away. The sun shines clearly through the cloudless sky, warming my back. It's such a lovely day really, despite the tragedy.

My small hooves bring me to a stop near three horses. Two mares and a stallion. They all smell different, strange. None of them carry the scent of my home. They are already in discussion, and look friendly enough. So I approach. We are all about the same height, except for the winged one, which is quite small. She is also quite beautiful though, with a coat of greyish patches, and a brilliant blue is her mane, tail and wings. The second mare carries a strange plant on her back, and I remind myself to not stare. The stallion is like fire, bright and red. I'm the only one that carries horns in the group.

I catch the one with the plant's name as fig, and the winged one as Parelia. Something appeals to me from the group, something sweet, like honey. They are all a different sort, only one of each, but they are happy. They do not glare and snarl at the fact that not everybody has wings or horns or plants. I softly and warmly.

"Hi there!"

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Parelia] @[Fig]
Notes;; I am so incredibly sorry it took so long :(

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image