the Rift

[PRIVATE] They said to stay [Cheveyo]

Ira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I Remember when your head caught Flame

I felt much better. I am laying in soft moss as I yawn. A few weeks rest, and I swore I was good as new. But I know it is time to get up. And I have a decision to make. To stay or not to stay. I move to stand, my body creaking ever so slightly. Once upon my feet I stretch my forelegs carefully, then one at a time my back legs. There. Much better I think.

The best thing for these cold mornings was a workout, and I decided I should on my way to my destination. I moved to a trot, to keep my well muscled toned body the way it was. The trot always worked my body harder and I prefered to use that compared to the easy lope or easier walk. On the way, I let my thoughts wander. If I stayed here, I would need to choose some way to be useful. A soldier? No. I didn't want that life. As it was, there seemed an abundance of soldiers. A spy? Perhaps. Though I feel like I wouldn't enjoy such a job either. I would talk to Kahluha. I'm sure there where other things I could do.

But what was keeping me here? Not much. But. My mind wanders to the flaming overo mare. Cheveyo. I wonder... Would I stay for a woman? Was I that kind of guy?

If I left I would be on my own again. Traveling, sleeping alone. My voice would slowly fade once more, instead of being the gruff, but vibrant voice it was now. It would be rough, cracked, barely used. I would be ragged, like the day I appeared. But I would be moving. And for some reason my heart liked to move on. I enjoyed it. However, if I decide to leave I would wait till spring. It was idiocy to leave in the winter. Yet. I find myself at the edge of these lands. Debating, torn between two wants. Which will be the winning side? I look down at the shattered glass wall. Or will I be thrown and finally broken like this once magnificent wall?

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Cheveyo]
Words;; 362 words
Notes;; <3 <3 <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Cheveyo
paint with all the colors of the wind

Captain.

The fact that I now held rank in the herd that had welcomed me like family, once the wraiths were removed from the lands of Helovia and we were allowed free from the rabbit tunnels in which we had been trapped, was mind blowing and I still wasn't quite sure how to handle it other than with great thanks. Regardless of the fact that my work life seemed to be travelling quickly, happily, with a tank full of only the best fuel...the other aspects that were just as important were lacking greatly. Family was a distant thought, as was love, or even sex for that matter. At the moment my jaded and fragile mind was too overwhelmed with images of the brown boy's bloodied body hitting the ground, the sickening thud of his body meeting the dusty ground echoing in my sun kissed ears on a daily basis.
His memory still kept me from sleeping like the rest of the herd, rather cat naps were my poison of choice. Even then the terrors of my past came to haunt me in the short spells of slumber, causing me to wake with a start or worse yet a scream that caused others to worry about my well being. For now, it was easy enough to brush off the questions but if the terrors kept at this rate surely I would be seen as the village nut rather than a Captain who was meant to be looked up too. A heavy sigh boiled up through my esophagus and out into the silent, misty world around me while ivory dipped limbs stretched, joints and bones cracking and popping as they shifted back into place from this last few moments of standing still.
Ears swiveled as I snorted, heavy gusts of air blowing the curling mist away from me while giving orchids a chance to dance about the horizon. My mind drifting away to the tall, handsome red stallion that I had brought back to the Edge, my very first victim recruit. His face hadn't been seen at the meeting in which I was promoted to Captain and warned of the dangers coming along with the new season and the island that had seemed to be floating in the heavens so peacefully until now. For a moment I worried for the flaming stallion, but then I remembered him mentioning to the Sunshower that he wasn't sure how long he intended to remain within our shattered walls, it had been a few weeks and I hadn't seen hide nor hair of the handsome stallion. He had probably been whisked away by a much more feminine mare by this point, but that didn't stop me from moving out from under the safe canopy of the tree providing me shelter against the harsh wind and snow of Frostfall.
Yellow painted hooves plowed easily through the snow, that blanketed the world like a clingy ex girlfriend, headed in the direction towards the nearest exit in the slowly falling glass wall. It didn't take me long to reach the desired exit, even in the snow the path was clear as day in my mind and one of the easiest to remember being it was one of the few ways to escape if anyone decided to get too social when I wanted to be alone. Which was almost always. I couldn't help the excitement that bubbled when the bright frame of the tall, sporty stallion came into view standing at the border of the lands his hazel gaze directed downwards towards the shattered glass. I remained silent as I trotted towards him, thankful for the help of the snow in my sneaky approach, before sliding up beside him to bump my painted hip against his solid one. "Careful there, wouldn't want to get glass lodged in your hoof." I half teased while offering a warm smile, it was good to see that Ira hadn't grown bored of my home just yet.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Ira]
Words;; 668
OOC;; Woot, muse <3

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered
I Remember when your head caught Flame

"Careful there, wouldn't want to get glass lodged in your hoof." Her voice rings through the air, her notes singing a half teasing song to my ears. My head lifts to look at her. I cock my head. "It's good that you showed up then. For no doubt I would need help if I did get glass lodged in my hooves." I smile, but inside I'm squirming. I wasn't good at being funny. If anything I was awkward. Would she laugh at me? Or would she scoff and turn away at my idiotic words. I wasn't sure which. I wasn't socially adept.

To many years from being spent alone. In solitude. Even so, in my youth I was serious. My mother wasn't a happy woman, and she wasn't completely there anyways. So, I had to learn to grow up fast. In the process I had lost the social do's and don't that you learned during your youth. I was never funny. I wish now that my youth had been more fun.

My hazel gaze moves across the painted lady as she bumps into me, a soft chuckle rolling out between my muzzle, before pushing to nose her shoulder gently. A smile lingers on my lips, before falling into an awkward state. What do I say? Hey beautiful long time no see? I roll my head towards the open vastness outside.

"I enjoy it here. The fresh salty air. It is so different than from where I came from." I say, thinking back on my birthplace, and the land I ruled for a small amount of time as a three year old. Hot, humid, and full of bugs. Here it was cool, and the morning mists tickled my slightly shaggy coat. When I awoke the air was crisp, and thus far it was never to cold. I look at her curiously.

"What was your homeland like Cheveyo?"

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Cheveyo]
Words;; 324 words
Notes;; MUSE! WE LOVE MUSE!

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Cheveyo
paint with all the colors of the wind

"It's good that you showed up then. For no doubt I would need help if I did get glass lodged in my hooves." His deep vocals filled the misty, cold air around us while the smile that spread across his handsome, scarred features lit up our surroundings like the sun. A peal of laughter escaped from my chest as my own whitewashed skull shook from side to side before I allowed my vocal chords to tremble once more. "I don't believe I would be much help there. I am skilled in the art of injuring others, not healing them." Once my words had dissolved into the cool air, a nice and peaceful silence fell between us and I enjoyed it. Just being in his company was nice, someone that wasn't overly bubbly and outgoing as it seemed the majority of the Edge was...they made it hard for someone like myself who enjoyed to stay in the shadows to do just that.
I could feel his eyes moving across my battle worn body, and for a second I wanted to move away from the tall stallion. Move to stand in front of him so his hazel eyes would have less to take in, less scars to see, less markings that meant so very much to me, less things to question. But before I could take a step forward his lips were pressed against my shoulder, just above and to the front of the red hand print of Kwahu. His touch didn't linger long at all, but it was long enough to force a swarm of unwanted butterflies into my gut where they flitted around for a few minutes, wrecking havoc, until his deep voice was projected into the cold air once more, each syllable bouncing off of the shattered glass threatening to break it down even more. "I enjoy it here. The fresh salty air. It is so different than from where I came from." His words caused a gentle smile to tug at the corners of my rosy lips, forcing them upwards when I turned to look at the stallion I had so happened to bump into in the Threshold, one of my least favorite places in all of Helovia.
"I do hope you'll decide to stay." My words came out oddly soft as I glanced away from the stallion who was already beginning to form another string of words. "What was your homeland like Cheveyo?" Orchids widened as I cursed myself inwardly for allowing the conversation to turn back on me, questions of my past were ones that I tended to try and avoid. The last stallion I had indulged with my life story had left soon after just to go get another mare, and one of my herd mates, pregnant with twins. The thought caused my gold and snowy pelt to twitch as if chasing off invisible flies before my limbs struck out, carrying my body at a walk a few paces. Maybe if we were moving when I told my story it would be less of a traumatic experience, even just talking about the pure beauty of the plains in which I was raised would bring up the brown boy's face to my mind and that was something I wasn't quite ready to do.
I turned to look over my unnaturally painted shoulder, a single corner of my mouth twitched upwards as orchids locked in on the stallion's hazels. "Let's walk and talk, Ira. I don't like standing still." I hoped the handsome stallion would agree to my request and follow me around the border of the Edge until I grew brave enough to delve into the filing cabinets of my mind.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Ira]
Words;; 625
OOC;; Woot, muse <3

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered

IRA
you made a really deep cut

"I don't believe I would be much help there. I am skilled in the art of injuring others, not healing them." I smirk, a smooth chuckle rolling out from between my kissers. "Well, that wasn't the help I meant, of course." I shake my head softly, still looking out.

When my kissers formed more words, dedicated to how I enjoyed it here, a smile tugged at the corners of hers. "I do hope you'll decide to stay." I watch her, enjoying the sight of her smiling, feeling a warmth in my stomach. The fae was charming, and beautiful, and I wondered if she knew. I wanted to touch her shoulder again, but I refrain from doing so."If you want me to stay, I will." I say, before mentally kicking myself. What the hell was wrong with me? But I had meant it. I wouldn't leave if she didn't want me too. Hell, I might even stay if she wanted me gone.

However, I seem to have hit a nerve with my next words. I ask about her home, memories of my own flashing through my eyes. It now occurs to me that I never truly had a steady home. Not like so many others. "Lets walk and talk, Ira. I don't like standing still." The corner of her lip is turned upward at me, and her orchid eyes are locked with my hazel ones. I didn't expect her to open up to me. Not if she didn't want to. Hell, I understood. Not many knew of my past. I usually distracted from myself, asking others of there own past. But I couldn't do that with Cheveyo. We where alike in many ways. Closed to all but ourselves, and even then, closed to suppress the memories we wished not to remember. To suppress the pain of our pasts, and to try and erase those who caused it. I nod at her solemnly, moving in big strides to catch up to her form. Once I reach her side, I glance over, waiting for her words, so that I may listen to what she has to say.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Cheveyo]
Words;; 361 words
OOC;; Sorry. Nessie is slow atm with him. BUT. SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN SMEXYNESS. YAY

and baby now we got bad blood

chunga-stock | arxzero | semperfiesty