the Rift

[OPEN] Building Bridges

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Deception and perfection are wonderful traits
One will breed love, the other hate

A floating island, flesh eating worms, an abnormal death, concerned Gods and a few stands of black hair. It was all she had to go on. The mystery had been thrust upon the residents of Helovia and Ghost was making her way through the gathering crowds, wandering the island looking for familiar faces. She pondered solving it by herself, part of her pride boasting that she could indeed do it; these peasants around her had nothing on her expertise. Yet, the shadow knew that was only her ego talking, she wanted to believe that and part of her did. Within a group, however, Ghost could utilise and manipulate the talents that came with the extra bodies. The Cadaverous had no great knowledge of medicine and injury or an in depth knowing of battle and strategy. These were all things she needed to learn. The way of hiding, picking up clues or deciphering information she could handle. It was the other matters that spurred her to step out of her normally closed off shell and seek out the aid of others. Seele may no longer have command over her, but the sprite did concede the Necromancer had been right about her hermit like ways.

She thought back to her brief meeting on the Throat borders with a strikingly blue mare who had an equally striking tongue and the handsome big bay, who had appeared slow between the ears. They hadn’t given much away in knowledge, other than the fact that the Sun God had given someone within their ranks information, a southern citizen by the name of Cera. The banshee would keep an ear out for his name for he may hold something the young sprite might like to know.

Right now Ghost had three objectives on her mind. Find a team, find the killer and laugh in egotistical glee. She thought of finding Dröm and Midas, two important figures who may also have things she needed to know that she could put to use. Her to do list was slowly getting longer and a small sigh passed between her lips before she pressed on with a means of finding useful individuals.

@[Vadim] @[Kiara] @[Rostislav]

Himalayan Trails.flickr
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

their tears are filling up their glasses
no expression, no expression

Vadim is unsure of how he came to be standing on an island in the sky. One minute he is at the shrines of the gods, gazing at them and the next he is in the air floating. It gives him such a start and his stomach lurches in a way that he is surprised it didn't fall out of his butt. Vlasi finds amusement in her bonded's startled response at being airborne. She is sitting near his hooves on the cloud, rolling and yapping excitedly. 'Fly!' She barks, her three heads popping up to look at her bonded. 'Va'im fly!' He leans down and nudges the pup so she rolls all the while thinking that he will never be able to get used to having her in his head talking.

When the cloud stops he stands stunned at what greets him. The world is untouched by the cruel hand of winter and the grass is green for as far as he can see. Instinct tells him that he should eat his fill or even stay on the island until the winter passes below, but he wonders what kind of game is there for Vlasi to hunt. He knows that there is plenty of grass and that Vlasi can eat the grass in her elk form, but he suspects that she prefers her three-headed dog body to that of the elk.

She is strange.

Vlasi barks and begins to run and for a moment Vadim's gut clenches again as he half expects the floating island to be an illusion, and that his companion will fall through it and disappear forever. He breathes a sigh of relief as he is proven wrong, but Vlasi does not stop as she continues to run toward a dark, winged horse. His teeth clench as he takes off after her, mentally scolding the pup for running off, but she is determined to ignore him as she runs toward the Czarina of the Falls.

"Talk."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I am filled with joy at the victory that I have finally obtained. FINALLY! I have managed to win a spar. It's taken me many tries, but against Bellona... I never thought I would beat her. Her vibrant colors that astound the mind and make her seem so formidable are a fair warning to her belligerence. She is strong, fast, and most definitely an equal match. And yet, Damaris and I managed to come out on top. Very well, too, seeing as Bellona took quite a swing at my beloved. Not that she didn't deserve it - Damaris and I struck first. Doesn't matter - Bellona could have gone for me and she went for Damaris instead.

I feel like on my hooves even on this frozen ground. A few sips of my drink have kept my body warm and my muscles are loose and free-flowing. I'm not quite bouncing - I'm a heavy boy - but lofty is something that for once I'm managing. I look quite sexy, I think. Air puffs from my nostrils and my chest is puffed out with pride. 'Pride goeth before the fall.' Well fall I may but I'm enjoying the shit out of this singular victory. For ONCE I may feel justified in calling myself Legatus. It's not until I spot Ghost, my new leader in the Falls, that I break from my reverie. I march over to her, Damaris strolling along after me, my head bobbing gently in time with my stride. "M'dear Ghost, what a pleasure!" This is most definitely the happiest I've been since.. well.. perhaps since Damaris came into my life. I stop just a bit away from her and station myself quite happily, parked out with a stupid grin on my face.

WC: 290
Tag:

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara

Why they had come here she did not understand. They had arrived on this floating island so that she could hopefully finally finish her long overdue quest. Meeting her young son had not been part of the plan, even if she had been glad to see he was alright. Tears still stained her red roan cheeks from that meeting. It had been bittersweet. Another crack in her fragile sanity. Her beloved son and daughter had seen the destruction that Keiran and several others had caused on Krieger.

It was in the state that the Earth Medic walked straight into the Legatus. She huffed softly as the air was rushed out of her lungs as she took a few steps backward slightly startled. "I'm sorry." She whispers softly. Keiran moves up along side her, rubbing against her legs to draw her attention beyond Rostislav. Her green eyes traveled to Ghost first, then the stallion she did not know. Fearful, she steps closer to Rosti, as he's the only one she really knows out of those gathered. Granted, Ghost was her new Czarina... But she barely knew her. Rosti at least had seen her heavily pregnant with her twins..... Her face twisted in pain at the thought her her twins. Gone to the Basin, the one place her half unicorn and half equine babies did not to be. "Hello." She whispers, waiting to see what would happen next.

"Talking"

@[Ghost]

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Deception and perfection are wonderful traits
One will breed love, the other hate

Her solitary walk didn’t last for long. Although what greeted her was something she wasn’t quite prepared for.

Hearing the charging paws that increasingly sounded like it was getting nearer, Ghost turned her head to view a rather bizarre and concerning scene of a three-headed dog running towards her. Three-headed dog?! Was it a birth defect? Did it really need the extra jaws! Questioning her sanity, but not wanting to be eaten alive by the hellion, Ghost took a few brisk steps forward and lifted into the air to hover over the thing and wherever it was headed. From her new vantage point she stared at it for a while before looking around to see if anyone else had seen or indeed, owned whatever it was. Her dark, slightly wild eyes caught the flash of white and, once she found a landing place away from the pup, she offered the boy a concerned frown. ”Is this… Creature with you?” Her voice like a passing breeze inquired with bafflement thick in her every word.

The stout form of Rostislav joined them soon, the very horse she had decided to look for upon discovering the dead body and like magic here he stood. She offers him a small kindred smile at his opening words, an action she had been practising recently, apparently ones subjects liked to know they were heard and appreciated know and then, even if it was just a warm smile. Perhaps one day she would grasp the art of this social politics. Briefly, Ghost wondered if his hellborn hound would appreciate the three-headed mongrel more than she did. Perhaps they were related in some way.

Kiara, the ever-sweet appearing Medic, joined them to form a small group. She too brought with her a soul bound friend, a concept Ghost never quite understood, but always thought would be handy. Especially if it was also fond of stalking shadows like she was herself.

Happy that she had come across the very individuals she sought, perhaps the boy would come in useful too, extra bodies was always helpful… And heads. ”How are you, General, Medic? Is all well?” She asked of her two fellow herd mates first, making a conscious effort to involve herself in their lives one way or another whilst being wildly aware that she knew next to nothing about them. Maybe this gruesome task would bring them closer.

Her lips turned into a thin grimace when finally her thoughts turned to business and this time she included the blue marked stallion. ”Have you seen the corpse? There’s something or someone plaguing this land, I’d like to find out who or what it is” she was curt, there was no point beating around the bush, they might as well know her intentions now.

(I'll only tag those who request! ^^ *tag removed for edit!)

Himalayan Trails.flickr
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

their tears are filling up their glasses
no expression, no expression

Curses fly almost silently from Vadim's lips as two others arrive and the winged mare takes to the air at the sight of Vlasi. He is scared for her safety and so he begins to run, his longer stride helping him to easily catch up to the pup. His head lowers and he bites at her tail, his flat teeth clamping down on it. She yelps, trips, and tumbles to a rolling stop sprawled out like the awkward creature that she is. Vadim is unable to stop right away and continues a few feet past Vlasi then circles and comes back, looking up at the Czarina as she questions if the pup is with him. Vadim remains silent and nods his head before his gaze falls to the other two.

He is out of place. He is uncomfortable. He wants the strange cloud to take him back home.

"Aieeee!" Vadim yelps, jerking his leg away from Vlasi and her three mouths full of sharp teeth. 'Bas'ard!' She screams in his mind, making him wince and his ears fall sideways. 'Mean! Mean, mean, mean!' Blood trickles down his left foreleg from the small puncture wounds Vlasi's needle sharp teeth have made. It is the second time she has made a fool out of him but he is thankful that this time she did not poo on his head. 'Do it again.' She threatens, making Vadim snort and shake his head. If Vadim and Vlasi are good at anything, it seems, it is making a scene.

”Have you seen the corpse? There’s something or someone plaguing this land, I’d like to find out who or what it is.”

For a moment he thinks that he is included, but then he wonders if the winged one is talking to the other two that she already knew. Vadim tilts his head as he looks at the group of them. "Me too?" He isn't sure whether or not he wants to be included, but it he thinks it would be rude to walk away if they were trying to include him.

"."

ooc://

sorry, i'm a loser |:

Credits

Icon by Tay