the Rift

[PRIVATE] If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
The half-child makes his way back to the island, floating in the sky on a cloud that takes him upward, upward, upward. He is not eager to return here. The last trip he took here was wrought with meetings with Pegasi that wanted to teach him life lessons he did not want or who wanted to coddle him like the child he no longer is. In fact, he has almost grown into his gangly legs, his body slowly growing to look more like a small adult and less like the child his mother had given birth to. Oh… his sweet mother.

Whickering out softly, the half-child begins to search around the Falls tent for his mother. For the first time in a long time he longs to fall against her, to feel her loving teeth grazing over the short mane that falls across his neck. He has wandered the land, learning some of the infinite secrets that Helovia holds, but now he needs to let his mother know what happened. Does she even know father is dead? Certainly she can’t know that he and Zunden have gone to the Basin, but she needs to. He wishes he could have told her before they left, it was just…

He shares his sadness with Tobias, who is there to shoulder his pain. Between the two of them, they search left and right, high and low, trying to find Kiara. They doubt they are welcome in the tent any longer, so they dare not try to enter it. At least the air here is warmer than the snow he has come from, so he does not mind the search. Still, the longer it takes to find his mother the more his resolve wavers. What will she say to learn that her children have gone astray? He hopes it does not ruin her… he loves her so much.

@[Kiara]
Adelric
We only have what we give.
x - x
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara

Inside the tent that belongs to the Falls is a red roan mare with a blanketed rump, much like the young knight who lurks outside. Her eyes are closed, resting. However her dreams are not restful at all. She flinches and winces softly, while her bonded could only stand by and watch. He did not yet know what her dreams were of, but he could feel the emotions of them through their bond. Even since the day he had helped attack her rapist, the little roan had not slept easy. Truth be told, she had not slept easy a long time before then. Her dreams had been plagued by her broken thinking.

For so long she had been broken. But under the care of the DragonHeart and her brothers Madryn and Maskan the fear filled girl had flourished. Until she had returned to check on her birth mother. She had come home then a broken mare, and with foal. The foal was born and was not perfect. If fact he had looked just like the one who had forced her to carry the child. She loved and hated him, up till the day he was murdered before her eyes. Maybe that was what had broken her? Or was it being forced to carry a child again, only to find out it was twins.

It was only then that Keiran realized someone was nearby. Not just any someone, but her son. He rushed to wake him bonded, startling her in the process. "NO!" She screams as she wakes. Her bonded is there at once, rubbing against her front legs. Adel outside. He purrs in her mind.

The Earth Medic scrambles to her hooves and peeks her head out of the tent. The look of exhaustion was quickly replaced with a warm smile as she stepped out from the tent to greet her growing son. "Adelric where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you and Zünden."

"Talking"

Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hidden Account
The half-child’s heart wavers as he waits, lingering, swaying, sighing, trying to figure out a solution to this mystery who’s solution evades him; however, his indecision is broken and his desire to leave destroyed when his beautiful mother exits the tent. He all but bounds to her, gangly legs flying beneath the half-child in a magnanimous display of emotion, beyond any that he has provided in many, many months. His nose reaches out and his neck curves to the side, trying to entangle his mother in his grasp, pull her close, press his body against her, and be the child that he really is instead of the adult he tries to be.

Surprised by the suddenly display, Tobias balks, stepping back slightly as he tries to make sense of what has just occurred. But Adelric is in no mind to calm the cervid as he presses against his mother still, breathing in her scent, feeling the soft touch of her hairs against his own. “Mother,” he says, the word breathy and quiet as his eyes close. To be close to her again is to be safe, to be home. He lingers for a moment longer, daring to steal her time, daring to be close to her, not questioning if she wants this or not, before he steps back at last. “We looked everywhere for you,” he says with a frown, his voice deeper than she has known before, but still childish in many ways.

“We met dad…” he whispers then, hoping she is not upset, for he thinks she tried to protect him and his sister from the evil man that was his father. She just couldn’t protect them forever. “He’s dead,” he says then, voice confused rather than sad. Is mother happy he is gone, or sad? Does she know? How will she take this news? But there is more, so he shifts and wobbles, looking to the ground and pawing at the dirt. It is Tobias who finally gives him strength, stepping forth and pressing his muzzle against Adelric’s side. He nods, understanding. He has to tell her, even though he doesn’t want to.

“Zunden wanted to go to the Basin, mother, to live like father…” He looks from left to right, trying to ensure that nobody else is near, that the lie he told at the Basin border will remain safe for now. “I had to go, to protect her and keep her safe. I couldn’t… I couldn’t just let her leave on her own,” he finishes, looking to this beautiful woman with sorrow in his eyes. He needs her, but he needs Zunden two, and his heart is torn in two that he cannot be in both places at once. Will she understand? He steps forward again, trying to reach out his nose to touch her, hoping she will not rebuke his advances. She will not forsake him, will she?

@[Kiara]
Adelric
x - x
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kiara

Within moments of her exit from the tent, the young knight bounded to his dam. No longer was he the gangly little colt she had cared for as much as she could. He was growing up, but not yet taller than she now stood. She just knew he was going to be tall. His age and the size he now stood told her as much, not to mention his father had been greatly taller than she. Mother His voice was even changing too. "My son." She cooed softly, pushing aside the nightmare for now, living in the moment she was in right now. She is even reluctant to let go as he pulls back. Keiran strides forward, moving to rub along the young knight's front legs.

It was only then the moment came crashing down. Her precious son's words crashed down around her and her bonded. “We met dad…” She stands there stunned, even more stunned to hear the next words. “He’s dead,” So it was true. Oxy had kept his word and murdered the one who had mauled Elsa. Torn apart with the help of Keiran and another the one who had forced himself on her. Killed the father of her twins. A slight part of her felt joy, as the bastard finally got what he deserved. The rest felt guilt. Keiran had helped in the whole mess. How much had her son seen? "How much did you see?" she asks him carefully. Should she tell their part? Or just let things go?

Her jaw tightens in silence as he continues on. This time, the blow is harder to take in. “Zunden wanted to go to the Basin, mother, to live like father…” It feels like a knife has cut into her heart at his words. “I had to go, to protect her and keep her safe. I couldn’t… I couldn’t just let her leave on her own,” She knows this is true, as much as she would like to stay Zünden could take care of herself... Well she could just that her son wouldn't let her... Which was expected of course. She was his twin....

Numbly she meets his nose, trying to show that she understood. She did, she really did.. But the pain of losing her children to the one place she could never protect them... Well it cracked the roan just a little bit farther. Granted the murder of the beast had cracked her pretty well, this just added more little side cracks. "Be careful who you trust... If anyone should find out I am your mother..." Even though she had endangered this herself. "If they find out, you must act as if you both hate me. That I am nothing to you. Is that understood?" The crack deepened and Keiran moved to his bonded's side. It had to be done and said. To protect them from the danger of those who held hate in their hearts.

"Talking"

Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hidden Account
As his mother and the panther accept him back into their lives, the half-child is warmed to the heart and overflows with love for them. It had not hurt his heart at all when his father had died, but he is nearly moved to tears as he stands here and knows that he is breaking his sweet mother’s heart. She is everything to him; he has always tried to make her happy because she has always given him her heart and soul. He would not lay down his life for his father, but for his mother he would happily die if it ensured her safety.

“I wasn’t there,” he responded to her question, closing his eyes to imagine the scene that Zunden had described to him… just a body, their father’s, laying in the snow, horn missing and body bloodied nearly beyond recognition. Turning backwards just slightly, he looked at the strand of hair that was wound through Tobias’ growing antlers. It was the only momento he had of his father… it was enough.

He turns back just in time to see her reaction to his next words, watching her with furrowed brow, trying to understand what she is thinking. He doesn’t want her to hide herself from him. She has hid so much from him before, but he can forgive her that, if only she is truthful with him now. If she can be, that is. But he doesn’t bother her yet to tell her this, for she has words of her own to speak. He listens carefully, nodding to show that he understands what she is asking of him. Still, there is something within him that dares to defy the angel that stands before him.

“We’re pretending our mother is a unicorn,” he murmurs softly, “But if they ever find out I won’t say that I hate you.” It is perhaps the first time he has ever been defiant to the beautiful woman before him, but he knows it is not in his heart to tell such a lie. Other untruths slip from his lips with ease but he doesn’t think he can manage this one. It is outside of his reach. “I’m so sorry, mother,” he says then, lowering his head in shame. He has left her when all she has ever done is love him. He has defied her when all he has ever tried to be is obedient. “Are you upset? Don’t lie to me… please?”

@[Kiara]
Adelric
x - x

Kiara

She sighed, holding herself together. In her mind she plans her escape. However her son needed to know the truth. Keiran rubbed himself against her legs. He can handle it, but don't give all. Be careful. She looked to him and nodded before looking back to her precious son. "If you want the truth, then the truth you shall have. I just hope you do not hate me for it after." Go get it Keiran, the smaller piece. Do not come out until I say The panther nodded and plodded back inside the tent. "Your Father and I met the night you and your sister were conceived. I was not willing in the matter, but that does not change the fact I would die to keep you and your sister safe. You two and Keiran are my world." She sighed, looked away. She was not ready to burden her son with this, but she needed him to understand the next part.

"I was there, the day your father died. He was attacked by others who I will not reveal. However I will say, he was attacked by those who sought him out for other horrid things he did..." She took a deep breath before finishing her short speech. "Keiran was not with me the night I met your father, and the moment he saw the others attack he joined in despite my pleas to stop. He did stop before he was killed however. I am not sure who dealt the final blow... I did however.... I broke his horn." Now Keiran. The panther slipped from the tent with the smaller piece of the horn clutched in his mouth. "It is the small half of the horn that Keiran holds... Take it if you wish... Know that I love you always, you and your sister...."

She looked down, waiting for her son to either yell or scream or something. Surely he was going to have some sort of reaction. No matter what, she would love him forever... And I will love you always and forever my soul mate. Keiran's voice was soft in her mind, but his voice rang true. No matter her choices she was his and he was her's.

"Talking"

Image Credit

Hidden Account
He watches her, tilting his head gently to the side, wondering what sort of mysteries swirled in her beautiful mind. How brave she was, to have endured the evils that he had heard father had put her through. How strong she was, to raise the children after that evil. How generous she was, to have taken on a third child when that child did not have a family of her own. And so he watches her now, wondering what other secrets she hides in her mind, and how her soul can carry such weight with her each and every day. And he hates himself for adding to those troubles, because he is nothing but a nuisance to her, he is certain. But she promises him truth so he listens, eager for more knowledge and understanding of the life he has been born into.

Her story unfolds, her half of the evils that he has been told about, and he offers little in the way of encouragement or otherwise. He only listens, trying to be gentle in his demeanor, but also categorizing and trying to understand what it is he is hearing. He tries to understand how she feels about his father, what emotions she regards him with, but he can take nothing from beneath the mask she wears. He is given only what she offers- words and stories. “You and Keiran weren’t wrong,” he says at last, instead of immediately answering her about the horn. But finally he nods to Tobias, who is cautious but eventually approaches the panther to retrieve the horn.

“He was a bad man. He told us that when he met him. You are my family,” he adds then, trying to console her or somehow make her feel like she is the special woman that he is. Stepping forward, he tries to press back up against her again, reveling in the warmth of her coat and desiring it to be close to him. “You’re strong and beautiful, mother, and you’ve taught me so much. I don’t know what I would do without you.” And as he says the words, he feels more sorrow infiltrate his heart than he ever did at the mention of his father’s death. This is the family that matters to him, right here. Only she and Zunden. Not Krieger. The dead stallion means nothing to him.

@[Kiara]
Adelric
x - x

Kiara

He listened as she spoke. Inside as she spoke, she cracked. She had never wanted him to know these things, let alone at such a young age. As she finishes, she wonders how long it will be before he speaks. When he does, she is both confused and slightly glad.. “You and Keiran weren’t wrong,” They weren't wrong? What did that mean? At least he didn't hate her... So far. Only after his companion takes the piece of horn does Kiara relax slightly. He speaks, and she relaxes farther. “He was a bad man. He told us that when he met him. You are my family,” He told them? That bastard had told them before she had. How dare he!

Anger renewed for the dead stallion, Keiran rubbed gently against her legs as her son steps close again. These actions calm the roan long enough to clear her thoughts. By this time her precious son was speaking again. “You’re strong and beautiful, mother, and you’ve taught me so much. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She sighed and reached out to nuzzle him if he would allow it. "Please, be safe in the Basin.... If anything were to ever happen to you or Zünden... I don't know what i'd do." She knew she needed to get away.... To process the fact her children had gone to the one place she couldn't protect them from.... Suddenly, she pulls back... She looks at him and whispers. "No matter what happens, I will always love you." With that she turns from both the tent and her beloved son and runs. She runs until she reaches the edge of the island. The cloud forming around her hooves as it carries her to the ground. From there she continues to run, not having any place in mind of where to go.... But not back to the Falls... No. She needed to be alone.

"Talking"

((figured it was good place to end this, plus timeline))

Image Credit