the Rift

[OPEN] All My Sleeves are Stained Red

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
JUST GOT BROKEN INTO TWO.

I had wandered here, to the Endless Blue (that I didn't think was that endless), in hopes that I would have as much success in my second trip as my first. This time I didn't have any parents to go running back too, noone would be searching for me if I was gone for too long. Rather I had all the time in the world, and this strange glowing coming from my innards as the Sun God worked on my broken heart, making it whole for the first time in my short life. Hopefully with his working I would finally be able to use my beautifully star spangled wings in the manner they were meant to be used, I would also be able to run and play with those my age rather than having to stop and catch my breath in order to stop the dizziness before being able to catch up to them.

Dark ears flicked forwards, holding onto the sound of the waves crashing against the snow covered shore, wondering how the water wasn't frozen as the rest of the world was in my first Frostfall. I kind of enjoyed the cold, it reminded me that I was still alive and still a variable in the world around me, even though most of the other living creatures seemed to look right over me. I was simply a child in their eyes, something to be tolerated but not taken as a possible threat. But even children grew up, and one day I would no longer be weak and pitiful at this point though, it seemed I would be alone forever in this bleak place. A snort blasted from my dark paper thins, sending a gust of steam into the frigid air before dissapearing as the small droplets grew just as cold as the ones around them, ivory pupils shifted ever so slightly away from the crashing waves to watch the steam dissapear as I wondered what it would be like if I were to, like the steam, just dissolve into the rest of the world.

Molded to fit the cast that the rest of Helovia seemed to have for their children. Perfect. Polite. Healthy. All things I would never be thanks to a selfish, young mare who had whored herself out just to feel loved for a night. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, biting back the tears that had began to form at the rim of my lids, there was no way I was going to break down over a mare that I didn't even remember. There was no memory over what the mare even looked like, let alone how she treated me before leaving me with Eva and Ruske. A sigh escaped me as my golden hooves took a stride or two closer to the waves that could probably take me away from Helovia to a place I was more wanted.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Isi] & open if anyone else would like to join
Words;; 487
Notes;; Just for clarification, Fae is glowing from the inside out due to Sun God's promise of fixing her heart :3 God, I am so sorry you have to deal with such an emotional little baby today.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

He was tempted to ask her why she was glowing. But he supposed that he, as a stranger, couldn't simply ask such a potentially personal question. A politically correct pirate, go me. Laughing at himself and his own musings he approached the filly who looked as if she was a chunk of the nighttime sky that had come to mingle with mortals.

"There is no denyin' that it's kind of you for offerin', but the sea isn't known as the endless blue for nothin'. So there is no need for you to add your tears to her." Caenan dipped his head to her in greeting, "But with the chill in the air we could always use a grin our two to warm the place up." The stallion flashed a grin of his own hoping that she would follow suit.

"If you tell me of this problem of yours I could always take care of it. I could have it ah-sleeping with the fish by morn." Laughing he winked at her and flashed his most inviting smile. "Sometimes it helps to talk about things. And I can't bear to see you sportin' such a sad face any longer."

Caenan whisked his tail to and fro in satisfaction and his eyes lit up with glee. He had spoken to someone who was upset and had not fumbled all over his own words. Normally he had no clue how to handle a near tears crisis but he personally thought he had handled this one rather smoothly.

For added measure he reached his muzzle out and lightly bumped the filly's gold flecked neck.

[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Outcast
TierRen
SWEETER THAN HEAVEN, HOTTER THAN HELL

My thoughts had left me all but blind to my surroundings, the dark colt could have easily walked over top of my gold dusted frame and I likely wouldn't have flinched. But his words were like a smack to the face, the crashing of the waves no longer the loudest thing in my head while the colt's newly deepened voice took over. "There is no denyin' that it's kind of you for offerin', but the sea isn't known as the endless blue for nothin'. So there is no need for you to add your tears to her." Dark harks flittered as white pupiled pools of gold drifted away from the white caps to the emerald eyes of the taller, warmer toned colt who had interrupted my day of self-pity. A grin spreading across his sooty lips as the next string of words weaved their way from his vocal chords, over his tongue and into the cold, salty air around us. "But with the chill in the air we could always use a grin our two to warm the place up."

A single corner of my dark velvets turned upwards in a half-smirk with the colt's words. I still wasn't sure if referring to him as a colt was exactly appropriate, parts of him still screamed that he was young, quite young, but there was a certain roughness about him that only stallion's carried. Regardless, he would be considered an equal unless he proved to be someone of stature that I should be kneeling and kissing the snow covered ground in which he walked upon. "I wouldn't want to contaminate her waters with toxic tears such as my own anyway." A forced peal of laughter escaped from my slender, growing and glowing frame when my words were completed and my attention drawn back to the ocean.

My gaze only moving from the waves again once his words began to fill the chilled air once more. "If you tell me of this problem of yours I could always take care of it. I could have it ah-sleeping with the fish by morn. Sometimes it helps to talk about things. And I can't bear to see you sportin' such a sad face any longer." This statement warranted a real smile, proven by the fact that I couldn't stop the corners of my mouth from twitching upwards as a true peal of laughter slid into the frosty beach. It was strange that such a stranger would offer to do something as intense as murder for someone that they didn't even have a name to call. I cleared my throat while the tears dissapeared, back into their proper ducts as my soft voice chimed once more. "Let's start with something a little more simple than the many shadows that plague my once innocent mind. I'm Faeanne formerly of the World's Edge now of the Dragon's Throat, who are you?" There, now that the introduction was done maybe the creature would continue to ask questions, or go off on a totally different direction in which I would be able to find out more about him and his strange way of speaking.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Caenan] & @[Isi]
Words;; 531
Notes;; Feel free to still pop in if anyone is interested :3

link to thread tracker

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Driving me insane
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

The sound of forced laughter is a harrowing sound. Tears were real; tears were tangible. Laughter forced from another's lips the mark of a soul with a tale to tell.

Hearing real laughter dance from her lips left him with a goofy grin. He had set that into motion. "Now that is a pretty laugh! Do it again? " He winked at her playfully.

The filly didn't only have a pelt that looked as if it had been made of a patch of the nighttime sky. She reminded him of it also, full of mystery yet here he stood rooted to the ground simply watching her. She seemed so far out of his reach. As he took Faeanne in she left him with more questions about who she was and her troubles than what he had whenever he had first approached.

"I am Caenan, formerly belonged to a band of pirates," his eyes brightened in the memory of his mother and father. "But they 'ave since de-banded. So now it is just me, my shadow, an' I. There was not much sadness to be heard in his words. Caenan missed his family but had been young and only had faint memories from his past left.

"You know what.." Caenan looked to the filly, wanting to make eye contact with her. "Close your eyes. Take a deep breath of the salty air. Now take a few steps forward to feel the water lapping at your hooves.

Caenan had closed his eyes and was doing the same. He had no idea if Faeanne was listening to him or not. Still he continued talking hoping she didn't think of him as having gone mad. But perhaps he was; the stallion was mad for the ocean. It ignited a passion in him that could not be touched in the same manner by anything else. Plus the stallion had thought of a way to cheer the filly using his beloved sea.

"This is where all water runs to. Perhaps the waves are nothing more than the water droplets celebrating their success." His lips were left upturned at the thought of giddy water droplets and the smile could be heard in his voice.

"Some of the water takes the path of rushing rivers, others prefer babbling streams, and some of it falls as rain.

The rushing river tosses the droplets about with little care. Although the water droplets get to the sea quickly I am sure that it isn't a way one would always wish to travel.

A babbling stream gently guides the droplets on their way singing them a soothing song throughout their journey. But along the way they must repay the stream by taking the time to polish the stones that they pass. I don't know if you have ever attempted to polish a stone but it is hard work.

As rain each droplet falls as an individual. With no one to cling to it carves its own path. Around it its fellow droplets do the same.

It teaches us three lessons: Remember that there are all different ways for getting to the same path. You are never alone in your journey. And most importantly, that not a single one of us is insignificant. After all, if you start removing water from the Endless Blue bit by bit we would create the end of her. Each droplet matters.

That is what I think of whenever I start feeling down. I apply my situation to one of the paths of the water droplets and I push forward in the same way that they do. I thought it might help you too.

He felt as if it was a fumbling attempt to get his idea to Faeanne, but Caenan had done his best. Never before had the stallion shared his way of coping with life's hard hitting kicks but he hoped that by sharing it he had helped the filly.

What made you decide to leave the Edge for the Throat? Is that what has you sad?"

@[Faeanne]

Outcast
TierRen
SWEETER THAN HEAVEN, HOTTER THAN HELL

A single sniffle was emitted as the remaining salty tears were shoved back into their ducts until a time I could cry properly by myself without a handsome comedian standing beside my slender being. Thoughts of sadness slowly being erased by the bay's contagious smile while he commented on my laugh, that I found to be an obnoxious noise, telling me he thought it to be a pretty one and he hoped to hear it again. The smile that began to inch it's way across my features was the furthest thing from being forced as I lowered my gold dusted skull ever so slightly to hide the invisible heat that was rising to my high cheekbones. Compliments weren't something I received often, so hearing them was a rare occurrence and something I would have to learn how to handle it seemed, if my laugh was really as pretty as this oddly horned bloke believed it to be.
"I am Caenan, formerly belonged to a band of pirates, but they 'ave since de-banded. So now it is just me, my shadow, an' I." His words drew my attention upwards once more, ivory pupils locking in on his unmarked features as he spoke of his family that he no longer saw, I searched for sadness or even lonliness and found nothing but what I assumed to be acceptance. Suddenly I yearned to be like the colt stallion who stood before me. "Well, we have that in common Caenan." His story seemed to have a happy ending, a light at the end of the tunnel even though his family was no longer in the cast the bay had found ways to make himself happy. A way to keep living his life even though he was, as he put it, alone with his shadow. I fell silent once again, the smile disappearing from my features as my mind drifted back into the shadows even though I could feel the colt's green eyes resting upon my frame.
"You know what..Close your eyes. Take a deep breath of the salty air. Now take a few steps forward to feel the water lapping at your hooves." As the bay spoke, his emeralds shifted as if trying to gain some kind of purchase in my glazed over molten pools. Blinking once, I hoped there would be some life suddenly in my eyes as I grasped onto the colt's words as dark lids fluttered shut over his emerald gems and his limbs carried him forward into the tidal pools left by the crashing waves. I watched for a few seconds, wondering if I had managed to find myself in the presence of an insane creature, before a sigh escaped between dark velvets and the rest of my body followed the bay's example. Almost as if on qeue my companion for the day began to speak once again. "This is where all water runs to. Perhaps the waves are nothing more than the water droplets celebrating their success. Some of the water takes the path of rushing rivers, others prefer babbling streams, and some of it falls as rain. The rushing river tosses the droplets about with little care. Although the water droplets get to the sea quickly I am sure that it isn't a way one would always wish to travel. A babbling stream gently guides the droplets on their way singing them a soothing song throughout their journey. But along the way they must repay the stream by taking the time to polish the stones that they pass. I don't know if you have ever attempted to polish a stone but it is hard work. As rain each droplet falls as an individual. With no one to cling to it carves its own path. Around it its fellow droplets do the same. It teaches us three lessons: Remember that there are all different ways for getting to the same path. You are never alone in your journey. And most importantly, that not a single one of us is insignificant. After all, if you start removing water from the Endless Blue bit by bit we would create the end of her. Each droplet matters. That is what I think of whenever I start feeling down. I apply my situation to one of the paths of the water droplets and I push forward in the same way that they do. I thought it might help you too." A single midnight stained ear turned towards Caenan as he spoke beautifully of the water that we were both standing in, side by side and I came to the conclusion that his skills were wasted upon myself. A creature as eloquently spoken as this stranger was much more deserving of a different audience, one much broader than a single, lonely filly standing in the snow on a beach in the middle of Frostfall. His words were strangely comforting, putting my mind to ease as I allowed the ocean to pull away the negative energy that had been storing inside of my young frame.
But then the beautiful words stopped and the shadows began to slowly creep back in my mind, tugging at the door knobs...turning them just enough to let me know that they were there and waiting for the right time to ambush me once again. Clearing my throat with a soft cough, ivory pupils drifted back to the dark stained colt a smile pulling at one side of my mouth before gentle words spilled into the cold air. "You are a wonderful speaker." "What made you decide to leave the Edge for the Throat? Is that what has you sad?"
There it was.
The question I had known was coming this whole time. Why was I sad.
My eyes pulled away from Caenan's, turning back to the ocean that had my full attention about ten minutes ago before the pirate had made his presence known. Dark lips parted as if words were going to fall out, but only a squeak full of emotion and inner turmoil rolled forward causing me to quickly shut my mouth in embarrassment while I swallowed hard in hopes that in a few seconds when I opened my mouth again words would actually be spoken. I looked down, away from the beautiful ocean that seemed so very green against the grey of the wintery sky, and down at my hooves that were covered by a blanket of snow, but the glow caused by the Sun God's magic working on my organs was clearly visible. The sight of the light being emitted from my frame gave me the strength I would need in order to speak and tell this stranger my story. "I left the Edge on a quest by the Sun God. I was born with a defected heart, which caused me to be left out on many games that foals my age participated in, I'm not quite sure why I was born with it but I was. But that's not why I am sad, not at all. Leaving the Edge was clearly what the gods had in store for me anyway." I blew a gust of steam into the cool air, watching as it turned invisible before my velvets parted once more. "I am sad, because I am unwanted. Everyone who has ever meant anything to me has left me for some reason or another." Golden pools shifted back to the pirate, hoping to lock in on his bright green eyes as I offered up the next question that would keep the conversation going in the path it was. "Why have you chosen to remain in the company of just your shadow?"

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Caenan]
Words;; 1290
Notes;; <3 <3 <3 I love how you write Caenan

link to thread tracker

TierRen
Driving me insane
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

"Well, we have that in common Caenan."

It was not pity that softened his face towards Faeanne. Pity was the last thing that he would give her, Caenan knew pity was the last thing that he would want to recieve from anyone. Instead he gently smiled at her, "See, I told you that you are never alone." Instead of pity he offered her understanding.

"You are a wonderful speaker." His dark ears perked up at her words. The stallion memorized them and how they sounded as she said them. "Then I hope you find my words worth sticking around for." He enjoyed her company, he had not realized that he was lonely until he came across her. Not to mention that this filly was a mystery that he could not resist.

Inwardly Caenan chuckled at the sound that came from Faeanne. Noticing her embarrassment he said nothing about it and instead listened intently to the words that were to come. He wondered what story the filly could have to tell that would cause such an emotion.

"I left the Edge on a quest by the Sun God. I was born with a defected heart, which caused me to be left out on many games that foals my age participated in, I'm not quite sure why I was born with it but I was. But that's not why I am sad, not at all. Leaving the Edge was clearly what the gods had in store for me anyway."

"I will make you a deal." He attempted to keep a straight face while putting a deal proposal forth but instead a grin began to grow until it spread across his entire face. It crinkled his eyes and even made itself known in the lilt of his voice. "Once you are all healed up you and I will do every single thing that you missed out on. Nothin' will be off limits." Caenan's eyes sparkled with joy. In his head Faeanne had already agreed and they were well on their way towards future play. At times the stallion was a colt that had never grown up.

"I am sad, because I am unwanted. Everyone who has ever meant anything to me has left me for some reason or another."

"No. No. No. No!" Caenan's emerald eyes winced at the sound of his own voice. He hadn't meant to shout. He was not even sure about why the thought of her believing herself to be unwanted had gotten him so worked up. "From this moment on you are stuck with me Faeanne. Anyone who left you was either touched in the head or they must have had pressin' matters to be dealin' with."

"Why have you chosen to remain in the company of just your shadow?"

Caenan took a moment to regain composure before answering her question. "Well." Now it was her eyes that found his. He studied them as he searched for his words. Why had he decided to keep to himself? Why had the stars favored Faeanne enough to reside in her eyes, and to have sprinkled themselves across her coat? Caenan squinted at his shadow as if it had the answer to either question before looking back to the filly. "He certainly isn't bad company."

Disappointment led him to a pout. He had been enjoying their time together but surely if she had asked about his lone wandering she had someone with her. Oh what a fool he had been for claiming his shadow as a companion. She had to think that he was silly. "What about your traveling companion?"

@[Faeanne]

OOC: Thanks! It means a lot for you to say that! Especially with how fantastic your last post was. I drooled all over your writing.