Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

destry</style>

I was an Angel
Living in the garden of evil
Screwed up, scared, doing anything that I needed
Shining like a fiery beacon</style>

Worry has consumed me, no longer do I walk without care, now my steps are light, paranoia seeping in. My gallop is full, intentional. I do not yet know where I travel to, but I know it is somewhere. I am searching, searching for a lost angel. One who was stolen from her throne of gold. Sweat slips down my damp coat, snow falling gently upon my back. It's colder outside of the Throat, my body trembling from the frigid cold that wraps itself around me. My breath unfurls from my nostrils, fading away as I move closer to the Veins.

As I pass over the stone bridge, the snow clumps become less, leaving melted slush dribbling between the rough surface of the bridge. Opening my wings against the raging winter winds, I race forward, hooves striking frozen earth as I launch into the darkened sky, pushing myself into the chilling grey clouds surrounding the island.

The surface of the island appears through the cold haze of the clouds, my weight shifting forward, forelegs outstretched. With determination crossing over my features, I find my crimson hooves colliding with solid dirt. Bringing down my hind legs, I run for a few strides, slowing myself. Glancing around, something within me makes me long to find Aurelia laying beneath a tree, eyes shut and wings tucked tightly beside her. My heart breaks upon the realization that she is not there, but gone. Taking several steps forward, I give out a deep, groggy sigh, tears welling in my eyes. Fuck, Aurelia, where are you? I silently call, pulling my wings in closer. Closing my eyes for a heartbeat, I try to imagine her walking beside me, smile bringing warmth over me.

Somewhere within I thought of us standing side by side, watching over two sleeping children painted in golds, red markings flowering along their rumps, feathered appendages tucked in at their sides. Small, childish snores rising and falling, limbs tangled together, foreheads pressed against one another. My stomach flips and winds, throat knotting at the image. I needed to find her, I'll start here, then I'll go back to the Throat, maybe she's gone back there— I'll go over all of Helovia, I will not give up on her. She might be hiding somewhere, bloodied and afraid, waiting for me, gripping onto hope with bloodied fingers. I close my eyes, choking up a few tears, my heart pounding fearfully as I stand and sway in the Frostfall breeze.
"Talking"

ooc using my votg pass to get destry the one time ability of being able to impregnate another mare c: | wordcount 423 | tags -

image by aling_ @ flickr.com
lyrics belongs to Gods & Monsters by Lana Del Rey</style>

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

“You seem distraught, child,” comes a calm voice from everywhere and nowhere all at once. It seems to come from the wind, from the soil and rocks, the trees and the dirt. It comes from the birds in their song and the squirrels in their chatter. It comes from above and below and even from within Destry herself. The voice then slowly becomes a vibration, a rumble even, soft and first and then more insistent. Finally, the source of the words is revealed, as the massive stallion arises from the land, and yet somehow also from the treetops and the water and the air. It is curious, the way he comes, but his arrival at least ceases the strange rumbling.

“What worries you?” he says then, looking down upon the black and red mare with curious eyes. There has been so much death and destruction in this land recently, he hates to see the citizens of Helovia left with other reasons to worry. Still, he can tell that her distress does come from something other than the mysterious murder of Vesta. What exactly it is, he does not know, for he does not pry into what is sacred and hers alone- her mind. At least he tries to calm her. Looking around, as his eyes lock onto various birds, they begin to gather in the tree behind him, their songs quiet but present, giving ambiance to this meeting, but hopefully giving peace as well. If he can help her he will, but first she must tell him what she needs.
CREDITS

Destry Posts: 95

destry</style>

I was an Angel

A voice, a presence, coos, filling the space around me. Within my vision it seems the dying, fading trees and grass around me dance upon the arrival of their King. I lower my head as the earth shifts beneath my feet, a solid form gathering up before me, the air swirling around the being as it forms from the moisture sticking to the trees, falling from the treetops. The stallion formed from everything, appearing from the earth standing regally before me. Bowing my head out of respect, I raise it to admire the appearance of the God.

He speaks to me directly, my heart pounding as I glance around, still thinking he's addressing someone else. I turn back, settling on the idea that he was in fact directing that question to me and not the little robin scurrying over a branch behind me. "Well uhm— my lover—" I pause to play with the word as it rolls off my tongue, leaving a numbing pain within my chest. It was so familiar yet alien to me, the thought of calling Aurelia my lover. Is that what we were? I avert my thoughts back to the situation at hand, opening my lips to confess my worry. "She has not been home in a while, and I fear she may be injured and needing help," I hesitate before continuing, my eyes rising from the large, feathered hooves to the elegant, bulky features of the God. "But I also fear she has left me because I am not good enough. Before she vanished I was going to bring up the possibilities of expanding our little family—" I lay my eyes upon the frozen soil, pawing at it shyly. I wasn't always so open, especially not to someone I've never once met. Sure I've known about the God's existence, but I have never met him once before.

Tears threaten to spill over and down my cheeks, but the soft melody of birds whistling in harmony with one another stops the tears. I suck air, holding it as I listen to the world fall silent to listen to the serene notes falling from the beaks of the birds rising from behind the God. Their song fades to but a faint melody now, bringing peace to my mind. I exhale, the corners of my lips twitching, playing at the idea of a smile. But I can't force it, and my face falls back into a pained expression.
"Talking"

ooc using my votg pass to get destry the one time ability of being able to impregnate another mare c: | wordcount 417 | tags -

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

He listens to her story and with each word she speaks it becomes clearer to him why her soul had called out to him even when her mind had not known what it was doing. For a long time he waits, hoping that she will speak the name of her lover aloud, but she never does and he finds this exceedingly curious. Of course, he knows who she must be- oh yes, the god was there when the pair arrived at the Veins, only to be cursed for arriving when it was not their turn to do so. “Do you think she may be gone because you willing led her into danger?” he asks plainly. He does not judge her for the mistake, but she must address what had occurred. She cannot bury her mistakes in the sand. Calmly, he looks towards the scars of the old injuries, reminding her what he speaks of.

Regardless of that, there are several other issues with her words and the god is not afraid to query her about them. “I may be able to help you, but first you have to answer some questions. Do not lie to me, child, or I will know.” Always, though, his words are gentle, like a loving father. She is not in trouble, but he expects the truth from her, and nothing less. He lists all of his questions together, a pause between each just long enough for her to process the words, so that she might answer all at once at the end. Then, he will consider what her heart desires. “Who is your lover and why won’t you speak her name? You are so young still, why do you wish for a child? If you are afraid she has left you for some unknown reason, why do you think you two can raise a child together? And why did your heart call for me, and not your land’s patron god- my brother?”

His questions are many, but each are important to him and, more so, important to the girl. She must know her heart before she can bring another child into this earth. It is only fair.
CREDITS

Destry Posts: 95

destry</style>

I was an Angel

He asks a question I did not expect, his words piercing my heart like a spear, twisting and grinding into the numbing organ. Had I willingly led her into danger? I hadn't known about what would happen if we stayed in the Veins, surely she didn't know either. But that isn't the point. I did let her get hurt, and at that thought shivers travel down my spine, ears flicking back. "I never meant to hurt her—" My words fall from my lips, flawed and broken just like my being.

I nod in understanding as the God claims he will be inquiring knowledge from me, probing deeper into my twisted mind. I do not intend to lie to the God, so I have nothing to fear. I look at him, awaiting the first question. When it comes, I open my lips to respond with a few seconds of hesitation. "She is called Aurelia, I referred to her as my lover— only because I did not want to burden you with my issues and who they've ensnared—" I pause to glance at my hooves before carrying my gaze back to the God.

The second question falls without hesitation from the darkened lips of the Earth God. I straighten myself a little, trying to think of a reason. "Well.. I didn't really mean right then and there, but in the future. I've always wanted a family of my own—" I inhale deeply, letting out a heaving sigh as I remember what happened with my own family. "I want to raise a child, maybe for the pure joy of knowing I helped create such a thing, but also to reassure myself that I'm not going to let anything happen to my family, that what happened before won't happen to us. And maybe Aurelia wants kids in the future too—" I can feel the burning sensation of the knot growing in my throat, thinking about my father, the blood pooling against his limp body. And Delinne, abandoning me, showing she got over my father quickly. I want to prove to myself that I am not like her, to prove to everyone that I am not her.

All thoughts crash and burn as soon as the third question is dropped. My maw opens and closes as I struggle to answer. My eyes fall to the earth and I feel the knot grow, bobbing as I open my maw. "Well— I'm not sure." I feel the longing in my heart, the twisting of my gut, I can't tell what it is. I really care for her, and she cares for me, doesn't she? "She told me she loved me— and she took me to her home—" My words are shaky, unsteady voice ringing from my trembling lips. Did she play with my heart? My eyes grow wider at the thought of Aurelia running away with someone else, laughing at my stupidity. I shake my head, trying to deny it. No, she wouldn't— she couldn't. "Why would she leave me? She wouldn't gain anything from breaking me—" I stutter, the tears leaving my eyes. She would gain pleasure while I crumble— but she wouldn't dare. But what if she would.. what if she's just hiding her hatred beneath sugar-laced lies?

I've barely recovered from the last question before another is fired at me, my eyes rising from the trees in the background where the singing birds still perch. I don't know the answer to this final question, why had I called for the Earth God rather than the Throat's patron God? Was it because I was still stuck living in the Hidden Falls? Where my spirit remained, attached to the land of heartbreak rather than in the Throat, the land of new beginnings. Or maybe it was something more? How am I supposed to respond to a question I do not know the answer to? Maybe I was closer to the Earth God in a way— or maybe because I was afraid of speaking to the others because they aren't as kind-hearted as the Earth God? Slowly it dawns upon me, and my soul shatters at the thought. "Maybe because a part of me is still clinging to the Hidden Falls, wanting to go back and do it all again. Maybe it's because I'm still hoping that I'll see my mother and brother approaching me, my mother still in love with my father despite his absence. Or maybe he'll be there with us—" I can feel the tears slip down my cheeks, leaving coal black stains running down my face. "But that's not want I want, not anymore." I think about Aurelia and I instead, walking side by side with those same two foals I saw earlier leaping beside us with bright, twinkling eyes. My heart and stomach flutter in sync at the thought of such a scene playing out before me. Maybe I could achieve it, maybe I could find that pure happiness my mother and father once wore upon their faces when we were a little family, together at last.
"Talking"

ooc using my votg pass to get destry the one time ability of being able to impregnate another mare c: | wordcount 869 | tags -

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Patiently, for this moment is just one instance in his infinite life, the Earth God listens as Destry tries to gather her thoughts. He finds it interesting that she still insists that Aurelia is an issue, not something makes her happy. Curious indeed. But perhaps there is more to this issue, something the mortals understand that he does not. He listens, trying to understand her mind, her heart, her soul, but each word she speaks is jumbled and fragmented, like she doesn’t understand how to be herself. Once she had finished her answers, he picks out a few statements to respond to.

“The reasons you gave for wanting a child- for the joy, to prove something about yourself- seem selfish, child. Raising a child is not about yourself, but about the life you bring into this world.” As always, he manages to speak without seeming condescending, somehow. “Regardless, I will help you child, but there are many things you must learn before you can be given a gift such as the one your heart desires. You must learn that there is more to this world than falling in love. Make some friends, discover your heart, and learn to speak of it. There will come moments when your lover, be it Aurelia or otherwise, is not around. You must be able to stand on your own, as an individual.” He smiles for her, the birds chirping along, hoping to give her some peace. Drying away her tears, for even saltwater falls under his reign, he continues. “Then, when you have done that, find the one you wish to have a foal with. Together, you must be remember what it is like to be a child alone in this world.”

The grass at her hooves begins to blow, tickling at her fetlocks, and in a blink the god is gone, leaving her standing there as alone as she ever was. Can she figure out how to be an individual, instead of just half of a whole?

1. Make at least 1 non-romantic friend. Open up to them and share your feelings with them over a period of time (i.e. more than one thread)
2. With the mare you intend to have a foal with, be reminded what it is like to be a foal without a family. Find a foal whose parents are rarely around and discuss with them how it has affected them (examples: Rhoa, Adelric, Zunden, etc.)
CREDITS