the Rift

[DROP] Stained Glass :: DARK/WIND QUEST DROP.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess could remember a time when she was pulled down often from her lofty heights to answer the questions and requests of mortals. Now this calling was much less often. She heard from her Seers a few times a season, from her leaders, and even from a few others unaffiliated with her herd, but whom she would lend an ear to. But it was nothing like it was. The demands had stopped (or were simply ignored). While she liked the peace and quiet she found herself growing bored. She recalled the obligations she created for those looking for magic - her demands that they withstand horrible trials - all in the name of greed. The memories brought a smile to her lilac-tinged lips. It was amazing the lengths that mortals would go, and after they had survived her tests, they would thank her for her kindness.

Such naivety.

Although the Goddess did not particularly enjoy the snow or cold, she lingered longer than she had planned to in the forest. Although her business was taken care of, and the forest seemed (now) largely uninhabited, she paused. Everything was silent. Snow fell around her, gently hiding away stories and secrets. Breathing deeply, she let the frigid air fill her lungs, holding it until her core seemed to cool, and then exhaled a silvery burst of air. Her breath formed small stars that glistened around her, rising and disappearing into the canopy of dark leaves.

Continuing to a small clearing, the Goddess halted. The air grew even more still as her magic infused the clearing, dimming what fell outside of the circumference, and stilling the air within.

This is a DARK/WIND quest drop. You may also quest for items, or regular companions.

Please post a link to your wishlist, what you are questing for, and any previous refusals. Please limit your posts to 600 words and include a summary.

You have 72 hours to respond.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.

Flying is hard.

Originally I started out trying to follow Father. It looked like he had come this way, but of course, his wings carrying him so much faster than mine do (skill not withstanding). I am envious of how his wings burn at all times. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the warm glow that the underside of my wings give off but ... It just seems to pale in comparison. What are a few burning embers compared with a raging fire? Perhaps I am merely projecting my insecurities onto this superficial trait, but it's so easy to do. Father is a powerhouse of muscle, skill, and magic. He even has Mara. Mother is the same, but in her own way. She is stronger than most give her credit for, and I fear that I am the opposite. They all think I am stronger than I in fact am. The child of the Transcended and the WildFire, surely he must be as strong as they. But look at him, nearly dead at birth, with wings that look like fading ash with a few embers, rather than the blazing fire of his Father. I am a desaturated amalgamation of my parents, and I fear I have received none of their best traits.

If I'm being dramatic do forgive me; I don't know who I am supposed to be yet.

I decide to land. I'm near where that bird-woman was I think. Maybe I will find another maze, maybe I will learn what she meant by being brave. Maybe I'll find Father? Like I said, I thought I saw him come through here. Up ahead however, I see a shape that is decidedly not Father. She is small, like Mother, but is covered in shades of purple and darkness. I am drawn to her hopelessly because of her beauty. I'm not at the age where her beauty stirs anything physical inside of me, but I an enraptured none the less, and want to be near whatever it is that she seems to exude.

I know nothing of the rivalry between the Moon and the Sun, perhaps if I did I would not be here. Or perhaps I would say something other than, "...You're beautiful." It's a whisper, and I don't even think I notice that I've actually said anything. What I do notice is that I've suddenly come to a halt just behind a tree, half in the circle she's created, and half without.

"Excuse me, it's just ..." I hopelessly begin, then, recalling my manners, conclude: "Hello."

Rhoa is just being awkward.
Wishlist

:: [Magic: FirexWind | Able to beat his wings and throw hot embers and ash. The ash has the potential to cause blurred vision, or difficulty breathing if inhaled.]
:: [Restrictions | Limited to a radius of 10ft..]

No previous refusals.

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

From what the young mare had observed in her short time within Helovia many of the inhabitants seemed to steer clear from the dark forbidding abyss the forest created. What was so different about this place that made it so forbidding? The threshold was a forest much similar to this one yet many flocked there day in and day out without fear. People of this realm were...were.. just strange and typically quite boring. What was there to do around this place other than stand around and chit chat as she had seen most others doing on a daily basis? Perhaps that was one of the reasons that she had taken a liking to her new home she mused silently with a shrug of her shoulders. Being frigid most of the year and having to deal with the unpleasant snow on a daily basis the Basin seemed to do quite well to keep the morons out and only draw those of utmost intelligence.

After the last trial she had encountered within this forest's confines it was a wonder why the girl chose to return at all. After all the promises of blood and gore that had originally beckoned her attention the culprit was nothing more than a crazed child who had tried too hard to create riddles. As simple as they were to solve she had walked away empty handed with nothing more than that medallion to show for it. Staring down at the silver amulet that hung around her neck she was at least thankful that it did not ruin her exquisite looks by being some ugly eyesore. Come to think of it she was quite pleased with the way it looked against her coat. Now if only she could manage to acquire something of more value things would be off to a decent start. Slinking almost silently through the trees the hybrid kept her wings tucked tightly to her slender frame hoping to find something or someone that could help her accomplish her goals. Power, thats what she needed to give herself the full package deal. Now it was just finding some way to get it.

Meandering along with only her thoughts to keep her company it doesn't take long to find someone of interest. Up to her right she spots a creature of utmost perfection standing in what appears to be a small clearing. Studying her from a distance for a moment she decides to go and see what business brings one of such attire to the darkness she was beginning to enjoy. As she approaches she keeps her own crown high and posture relaxed as per her normal sway. The cold temperature nips at her exposed flesh as the wind twirls her locks about playfully. As the distance closes between herself and the stranger another figure appears muttering something unintelligible to her ears. Pausing momentarily as the air around her seems to still she glances around curiously wondering who exactly this creature was and how everything around her seemed to stand still while the world continued to revolve around her. Surely if this was an effect of her presence this might be the very person she needed to speak with.

"You seem lost? Can I help you find something?" She offers kindly with a brief nod of her head to acknowledge the other stranger. It may not be the question that she wished to come up with but it was at least something to strike up a conversation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhea would like:
[Shock x Dark] Ability to manifest electrical energy from the air around her to develop the ability to shock at will anyone within 5 feet of herself. Emotions are a strong trigger especially anger.

Wishlist
Denials:
One
Two
Words: 581

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child returns to the forest for many reasons. First, is that he wonders if he can find more of the Evil that was plaguing the island here. Having told Erebos what he saw upon the island, they have decided to come here to search for clues. This place is dark and mysterious, and in many ways he does not trust these woods, so perhaps there will be some more information here. He did find those signs here last time… although he hasn’t seen any yet. Looking back to make sure his friend and his cervid are still near, Adelric paces through the woods, bi-hued eyes scrutinizing the landscape. Except… everything seems to get darker for some reason, even though the sun was still peeking through the tree tops just a few moments ago.

Hesitating, he is about to query Erebos about what is going on, when he suddenly catches site of a small gathering. Furrowing his brow, he ultimately decides to turn that direction. Perhaps one of them here will have seen those signs he was chatting about on the way down. In this gathering, he becomes meek, wishing to become a shadow, and interestingly, he does, at least in part. Most of his body disappears, leaving only just a floating head and neck, although he is entirely unaware of the change.

Finally, he decides that he must speak, for surely Erebos cannot read his mind. Tobias can, but then… the cerndyr cannot articulate. If only Erebos and Tobias were one. “Have any of you seen any bloody signs?” he states matter-of-factly, although quietly, as though it is the most normal thing in the word. Slowly, while he waits for an answer, his body begins to reappear, though never fully becoming solid again. Rather, he remains as a ghostly copy of himself. Perhaps if he knew the purple woman was a goddess, he would not have been so quick to speak at all.

WC| 325
Summary| Accidentally turns invisible (except for his head and neck) and then asks about signs.
Refusals| (this magic is listed as light in drop but was ultimately decided to be light x dark) 1, 2
Wishlist| [Magic: Dark | Ability to create wounds that appear to be made by a scalpel blade by tracing his horn through the air in the direction of what he wants to cut and in the shape of the cut he wants to make]
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

Enigmas filled a twisted sense of spirit, a distorted convolution of worth and might, a distant rebellion of tactics and zest. A pulsing energy, an unraveling crescendo, the dark prince followed his friend through hither and yon, chasing down the woebegone throes of murdered gliders and unknown cobblers – as if danger were a meaningless diversion, a harmless notion speckled and mottled with intrigue. Eager and ardent, together they scoured amongst the countryside, searching and hunting, foraging and rummaging, cast rubble and forgotten silhouettes as elders concocted the same plans, measuring the loss of life in adventurous tidings, rather than the disastrous reasons behind and beyond the scattered affliction. The child relished the opportunity, dove headfirst into the plague, wandered amidst the confines with purpose, with motivation, other than power and delusion, swooping and channeling through the long burrows and piles of frozen tundra, adamant, domineering, a bold, audacious creature painted and dappled amongst the splendor, the euphoria, the decadence of wonder and mystery. He followed Adelric through the murky mist and the fronds of curling breath, he paced alongside Tobias, grinned and chuckled, babbled and crooned, murmured cretin absolutions under his breath, marveled at the length of demonic interludes and the crushing blow of mortals. Even as they pressed further into the woods, heavy, shadowy shrouds of bestial formations (here, surely, the trees didn’t protect, perhaps they reached out and snagged skin, ached for a feverish touch, a bloody caress, swallowed and consumed children whole, pilfered their souls and cackled with rooted glee), the little, limber beast stayed and obeyed his companion’s movements, elegantly stepping over ichor entrails and gnarled fir, gliding over the occasional rime puddle, conquering in minute details. They turned, twisting along the darkening countryside, towards a small, odd gathering (was there another clue, had someone else stumbled upon some evidence? Could they sneak between the knees and glance for themselves?), and Erebos narrowed his gaze, attempting to decipher the creatures held within, but none were recognized.

He swiveled around to discuss the strange phenomenon, the lurking degree of a strange, otherworldly presence (he’d felt it before, in the midst of the Sun God, a blazing infero drenched in gold and embers, but this one was different, cold, aloof, relentless, a bearing of souls’ and all the wickedness buried within), in a quick, swift whisper, “Adelric, do you see-,” but ceased almost immediately upon noticing his friend’s altered appearance. His eyes widened in shock and surprise, a fleeting moment gone and seized, jaw slackened to a lowered degree, as his spotted comrade seemingly disappeared before his eyes! Was it a trick of the light? Was it a capability, a potency, a magic he’d stored within himself, a secret enchantment, a clandestine cloak, a hidden invocation he’d never told the blue scion? His voice lost all tact, an exuberant bellow following in the stead of his revelation. “Your head is floating!” He chuckled thereafter, believing it some wonderful experience and ploy, a dastardly maneuver to be savored in the presence of adults who’d long since misplaced their humor, when the rest of Adelric’s form appeared once more, though lacking distinction, eerie, wraithlike, trailing like phantoms and ghosts in all of the tales and stories he’d heard. Then, seemingly remembering their prior role, he crouched and slunk, pretending to be another wretched demon, a prowling infidel, coasting and sliding amongst the nearby throng, invoking more whispers for his two patriots. “Let’s sneak up on them! Maybe they won’t be able to see you!”

Summary: Erebos follows Adelric, notices the strange gathering and Adelric’s altered appearance. Suggests they try sneaking up on the crowd to see what’s going on.

Wishlist

Questing for upgrade to current dark magic:
: [Magic: Dark | Can manipulate the powers of corruption (dark elemental magic) for means of combat purposes on others especially when around other dark magic users]

:: [Restrictions | Effects can take a variety of forms and only lasts 30 seconds in battle and the magic will slowly lose potency after one use against the same opponent]

Prior Refusals: None.

Image Credits

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

Daemyn once again found himself walking the dark frigid woods. The little fox girl he had found here, after the crazy puzzle signs, and peaked his interest. What if these trees held another surprise or fun activity. Smiling softly to himself the silver bay trotted easily around the trees looking for anything of interest. Snow hissed quietly as it glided slowly from the sky. The cold, all bit annoying, always made the powerful stallion giddy. But acting like a foal was not befitting of a Sergeant. 'Not if anyone saw that is.' Chuckling softly he sped to a lope bucking as he moved off. It felt good just to let go of your stress and play around. His thunderous laughter rolled through the forest as he bucked around.

After a while the sound of voices drew him to a walk. Ears erect the silver haired moved carefully into the clearing. A small crowd had gathered. First he saw a young winged colt, then a wing and horned mare, then a black colt, and finally a floating head and neck. Blinking rapidly Daemyn stared at the horn mounted head, 'Helovia sure is a very odd place.' The large refined head shook trying to clear the oddities before him before turning to see what they had all gathered around. A stunningly beautiful amethyst mare stood proudly in the center. His jaw actually dropped as lilac eyes slowly took in her glory. Large feather wings were curled close to a slim figure. A strange lion like tail with a silver tuft stood out behind her. Her flowing mane was like liquid silver, mesmerizing. He gazed nonplussed at her before striding carefully closer around the gathering before dropping to one knee in a bow of deepest respect. He had not met a God before, but here stood the goddess of the moon.

Purple eyes, brimming with admiration, rose with his body to her dished face. "Goddess, I thank you for gracing us with your amazing appearance." Once his words rolled like crashing waves from warm lips he stepped back. He would have given anything to pull her aside and speak to her; to learn everything she would offer him. Life was surely a magical and wondrous gift to be cherished by all.

[Thunder Thoughts
Words:; 378
OOC:; Wishlist Daemyn is asking for common companion- Caucasian Shepherd Dog. Daemyn hears the voices and moves into the clearing and spots the Goddess. He moves closer to her and thanks her for being there then steps back.
We are gonna see greater heights
They’ll put our names up in neon lights
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Snuffling at the snow blanketed ground curiously the storm girl followed her brother's scent as well as prints. It had been tedious and difficult to trace him through the many scents and sights of the Basin. How was she supposed to keep him safe if the dumb-ass was always wondering off? Grumbling to herself she picked up a slow trot, hot on his trail. Snow whizzed into her ear causing them to slam back in aggravation. 'When I find him I swear I'll string him up by his tail!' Oh how short her temper could really be when it came to her brother, or fear. The girl wondered vaguely if her father had been so short tempered. Sorrow pricked at her young heart, as if a horn was slowly piercing the vital organ. Putting a dam between her brain and the toxic emotions she pressed on.

The trees showed up one by one, but grew closer and thicker with each stride. The filly had to slow in order to make sure her wide spread horns did not catch on the the timbers. She shivered at the thought of her precious horn ripping off and thudding to the ground. Instead she focused on the white clouds of carbon flowing form her nostrils. Adelric's scent was slowly growing strong, so was the smell of the black colt she had met a few times before. 'What was his name? Ery or something.' Chuckling darkly as harks swiveled to and fro searching for any sound besides the soft whisper of snow. The voices ticked her ear drums beckoning her forth. Lifting her proud dual horned head followed by the black and white tipped tail, she strode boldly into the unknown.

There was a small congregation of all sorts; Erywhatever, another colt, a mare, another stallion, her brother's head. Wait... 'What the..?' Why was her brother's head only visible?! Stepping quickly to him, on the other side of Ery she gazed into his face concern clear on her own star spotted mug. But before she could berate him he spoke. What in the God's name was he talking about now? Turning her head sharply to see which of these clowns he was addressing, instead of one of the normal horses dual hued eyes fell upon a purple mare. Everyone was talking to or looking at her in awe, but why? Looking boldly into her feminine face Zunden tried to work out who she was. Was she a Goddess, or just a doppelganger? Sorting through the question she assumed she was. Dipping her horned head the filly gazed quietly up at her, now curious.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 438
Notes: Wishlist Zunden is asking for a common companion- Maned wolf. She has followed Adelric from afar then finds him and everyone else. She doesn't say anything just watches silently curious. Denial 1
Denial 2
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

The Deep Forest. Ophelia had claimed here was where she had her vision of death raining from the sky and blood filling the water - and now? Now they'd witnessed Hel's hand reaching out to grasp another. Concerned that the woman he cared for was more burdened than she deserved by this vision, the Bloodskald decided he would pay this forest a visit and see if he could learn anything from its pervasive solitude as well.

'No alone,' Irelyn's voice called out to him through their bond and the rabicano frowned. Not alone? In a place like this? Who else would be here, and why?

But his question was immediately answered when his piercing blue eyes caught sight of the most wondrous figure, and his breath caught in his chest.

'Ugh, no.' Irelyn's disgust at his reaction was so palpable it almost had flavor, but Torleik shook his head.

'No, Irelyn - that's...that's a goddess...' he trailed, hesitant to step any closer and break the spell. How could he remain motionless, though, when the Goddess of the Moon was before him? He'd wanted nothing more than to see her since the moment he arrived in this place and learned of the gods, to profess his loyalty and seek her favor, to receive praise for his devout heart. The dual-horned stallion didn't want this for pride, didn't need his good behavior acknowledged for something else to add to his list of accomplishments; he longed for her approval like a small child longs for the approval of his mother - for a sense of love, a sense of...validation.

A rustle of movement caught his ears and, not surprisingly, Torleik saw others congregating as well. When the gods descended, the residents of Helovia always gathered. Fools. They were naught but children, most of them. They didn't know what it meant to have faith. Approaching slowly, Irelyn nestled firmly between his shoulders, the stallion kept his gaze on her hooves until he drew close enough to feel perhaps he'd gained her attention.

Dropping to a bow, he touched his horns to the ground, a sign of deep respect amongst his people. "My lady," the Bloodskald breathed, and paused. What could he even say? "All my life I have wished to see the goddess whose full moon shined down upon my birth, heard stories of your beauty and grace. All the tales can do you no justice; words fail you, as they fail me now," he finished, rising from his bow but keeping his gaze from her face.

His heart hammered. He wanted nothing from this exchange, truly, but memories of the Sun God's harsh treatment of him flashed to mind. Would she throw him from her presence as he had? That would be a far greater wound than the God of Fire's rejection. He prayed the Goddess of the Moon would not be so cruel.

"talk talk talk"

----------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 483 according to Word

Summary: Torleik is there for his own reasons, sees Moon Goddess and is like omg let me worship you because <3. He also totally ignores the others here because they're dirty commoners who don't understand how awesome the Moon Goddess is.

Wishlist:: Torleik seeks armor from the Moon Goddess. The armor will be leather and chainmail, with two sharp metal caps to tip his horns. It will appear in dark smoke when summoned, and exist as a Valknut tattoo on his right shoulder when not in use.

Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

OXY.
I never said that I want this
The Deep Forest? How did you get here? Ugh… detoxing is almost as bad as being high, as far as knowing where you’re at and what’s going on. At least the physical symptoms seem to be going away. The shaking is minimal, the blurry vision is all but gone, the headaches subdued, the sweating and chills and pain naught but a memory. Is the forgetfulness something that will never go away? Have you ruined your brain so much that you will always have moments of blackouts and mystery? Part of you hopes not, but the other part of you doesn’t really care. As soon as the snow melts (and this damned frozen wind dies down) you’re going back to the beach. You told Snowflake last winter that once the darkness was gone you were getting high and never becoming sober again. Seems you forgot winter happens once a year.

Regardless, you’re sure you’ve got somewhere important to be. Besides, the way the shadows dance and the trees are nestled in their blanket of snow reminds you too much of… back then. You don’t want to remember anymore. You want it all to go away. You’ve found a new life here with one friend, one… girlfriend?, and one herd, and one annoyingly seasonal supply of locoweed. Hitting yourself with your magic, which is almost a tease since it only lasts for a moment and is painful, you carry on until…

My lady. You know that voice, but you don’t really know why… Oh, him. Your high brain tells yourself that now is a perfectly good time to correct his idiotic behavior. More or less ignoring the goddess that Torleik is being so reverent towards, you march over and helpfully offer him a suggestion. “You sound like a groveling asshole. Knock it off.” There you go. God number two you’re sure you’ve managed to piss off. Whatever. If they were really so benevolent they would give you some locoweed.

Words| 328
Summary| Oxy shoots himself with his drug magic and then tells Torleik to stop acting like an asshole.
Refusals| 1, 2
Wishlist| [Magic: DarkxWater (U) | Upgrade to allow damage to platelets as well, causing bruising and internal bleeding for 30 seconds]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Shrugging away what seemed to be yet another loss on her part, the damsel escaped the silent confines of the magically altered area, intending to return home to her daughter. Only...the presence was growing stronger. Frowning heavily to herself, Hotaru turned in a wide circle and slowly surveyed her surroundings. Finding nothing, the thief hissed between her blunted teeth in annoyance before striking forth through the loose powder to find the source of her discomfort.

It's not entirely difficult, there is a hoard of milling civilians already gathering and their noise is annoyingly prevalent in the silence of the snowy forest. A beacon, really, that draws her rather reluctantly. Hotaru isn't exactly a friendly mare, nor is she an experienced nor willing conversationalist. The only thing that catches her eye is the familiar form of the stallion that kept wandering around, ending up near her almost every time. Oxy, she recalled, though she would always fondly call him Druggie or Handsome.

Hooves trailing in the snow she trots towards him with a loose curl of her lips sent his way. "Why is it we always end up in the same area, handsome?" she chuckled, only to turn and find her Goddess standing in all her stoic glory before her. Stepping away from Oxy she maneuvered to better stand before her, a willing disciple. A mere pawn. Oh, Hotaru knew exactly what kind of game the Goddess liked to play, and she knew how little she must care for such brief spurts of life such as she. But that's exactly why Hotaru liked her.

"My Queen," she exhaled, a reverent title meant only for the immortal's ears as she recalled the last time the two had met.

:: [Magic: Dark x Wind | Can create storms up to the size of a Category 4 hurricane that hold invisible blades that create lattice cuts of varying depth on the victim's body]
Wishlist

Refusals:
:: X

HOTARU
flowers with sharp petals

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The first to arrive is a child, though he carries with him a scent that is all too familiar, and it makes her smile in the cruelest way. "Of course I am." She responds easily, revealing none of the malice and amusement growing in her breast. The next is a hybrid - one who is clearly unaware of whom it is she addresses. The Goddess' ears remain perked forward, as she stares with a cold disdain towards the mare. "I am the ruler of the stars and stirrer of the winds. Where could we be that I am lost? Where you could offer assitance? " She inquired, clearly not looking for a response.

Two more colts arrive, and the Goddess begins to wonder if she's stumbled into some crude babysitting service. Is that why the mare asked if she needed assistance? As if she were looking for her child who was missing?

Daemyn was the first to arrive who didn't illicit a negative reaction from the Goddess. He at the very least was from her lands - not from the frigid North like the majority of those gathered. She flashed him a regal smile, nodding her velvety nose inwards as she accepted the compliment. "Daemyn. Thank you."

The next was another child, and again, from the North. What was it that her squat brother was doing that drove his followers this far South? Although they were not of her lands, she was intrigued why so many had suddenly ... appeared. Perhaps it wasn't a babysitting service so much as it was a field trip. How quaint.

Torleik was the first one to arrive to firmly grasp her attention, save for Daemyn. Her body squared with his, pale orbs peering into his very soul with interest and scrutiny. She listened to his silvery words, approving of his unabashed flattery. "Then why do you live in the lands of ice and grumpy gods?" She asked, half looking for an answer, but half taunting. "You long for the glisten of my light, and yet clothe yourself in the darkness and cold." She tutted gently under her breath, batting her eyes dangerously as he knelt and rose.

Without pulling her eyes from Torleik, the Goddess's ears pinned against her skull as Oxy's body was tossed lightly against the closest tree. "No, you knock it off." She purred in a voice laced with ice, as her gaze pulled finally from one unicorn to the other. She looked Oxy up and down condescendingly, huffing when her gaze finally met his.

The last to arrive, another from the Basin, moved before her. The Goddess looked Hotaru up and down, with the same scrutinizing glare that she had only moments ago given Oxy. "Your queen? And yet you continue to live under the rule of my brother, yielding your allegiance to the Reaper and the Gildedblade." Oh she knew of Deimos and Illynx, knew of what the Basin had to offer. But what they didn't know was just how much she did.

Well. They would soon enough. They all would.

But that was for later. For now, they were all united by a common thread: greed. How she loved it - how it could draw them to her for miles, even when she remained silent. Their hunger knew of the invisible threads that she wove and pulled, and they followed them willingly. Into her traps they came, happily and without ignorance. Just how she liked it.

"I want to know, from each of you, why you are here. But!-" Pausing, her gaze falling upon each of them, although lingering upon Torleik and Hotaru longest, "-you must do so in one word. Speak more than that, and I will hear nothing you say."

Smiling, the petite lilac figure waited patiently. How long would it take them to distill their desires and cravings into one single word?

This is a DARK/WIND quest drop. You may also quest for items, or regular companions.

Please limit your posts to 600 words and include a summary.

You have 60 hours to respond.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.

No one notices me, not really. The first mare to arrive (I guess drawn in by the purple-lady's beauty too), nods towards me. I nod back, trying to draw myself up to my full height (which still isn't very tall). I am a representative of the Throat after all, and so far, I don't see any others from my herd here. I look at her politely, noting that she has both wings and a horn like Father does, and like the purple-lady does. Do lots have both wings and a horn? Mother doesn't ... Ivezho and I don't..

Before I can lose myself in self doubt about my physical appearance, the purple-lady speaks. To me. I feel my knees grow slightly weaker, as if her gaze alone is pushing me into the ground. Her words make me feel small: of course I am. Oh. I feel like an idiot.

Apparently girls know when they are pretty and don't need you to tell them. Okay. Lesson learned.

The others don't really take note of me, and from what I can see as more and more assemble, I am the only one from the Throat. I let my wings drop slightly from my sides revealing the burning pattern of embers that lay beneath my feathers - I know they aren't anywhere near as impressive as the flames that burn along Father's wings, but at least it's something; something to let them know where I come from.

As the Goddess begins to speak, addressing those who have arrived, I want to shrink back. Her tone sounds ... well, it sounds like ice. The kind of ice that can cut you. As she moves the big stallion who swore against I tree, I actually shake a little. But I remember what the bird-lady told me about bravery, and try to stand still. I don't know much about it yet, but I'm trying.

Speak one word ?

I think. Why am I here? Well. It was to follow Father; is that my word then? A voice in the back of my mind gently tells me no ... the only reason why I was following Father was to try and learn about flying ... and the only reason I wanted to learn about flying was so that I could learn about bravery (because flying is scary, as well as hard).

Bravery. But the only reason I wanted to learn about bravery was because of the bird-lady.

So bird-lady? Is that one word? Or two? Ah! I'm not sure - Mother and I hadn't gotten that far into our lessons. I think it's one ... maybe I'll just say it really fast so it sounds like one.

"Birdlady".

Rhoa's word is bird-lady.

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Shuffling her feathered appendages as she awaited a response the hybrid couldn't help admire the mare's explicit beauty. Every bit of her demanded attention and scrutiny to take in the perfection portrayed to all like the picasso. In a way it was a little unnerving to be standing before her without any clue who she was speaking to. Others joined the group none of which she had met before but they all carried a familiar scent except for the odd couple. What is with all the kids? She wondered silently watching as each spoke to the beautiful lady that had drawn their presence. Children were nothing more than an inconvenience and a burden to bear definitely nothing that she would ever want plodding along after her. She had no patience for the little buggers nor the experience of associating herself with them.

It was the older members that helped the girl understand her mistake. Damnit, this mare was not just some random Helovian she was a Goddess. If she had known this from the beginning she would not have voiced something as stupid as she had. Hey give her a break she was new to this land how was she supposed to know. It was done now, she would just have to live with her own dumb comment. At least she had made a good choice in saying something polite rather than some snappy remark to make an even larger fool of herself. Listening to the mare child her for her lack of knowledge she bite her tongue to prevent any comments from reaching her ears that she would regret. Instead she bowed her head in an apologetic manner to try and redeem herself in the goddess's eyes. " Assistance is exactly what I would have given you." She remarked silently making she to keep her expression neutral despite the sarcastic comments she wished she could say.

One word? How was she supposed to explain why she had come here in one word? This mare was mistaken if she thought that a complete sentence could be summarized using a single word. Why had she come here? To seek out magic of course to let her gain power. Raising an eyebrow as the child answered with something completely ridiculous she doubted that she could top that answer but she could at least give one that made sense. "Magic." She finally commented with a nod of her head. Yes that would work for it was the truth. She was drawn here by the magical goddess even though she had not known it at first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhea's word is magic.
Words: 436

Searching for:
[Shock x Dark] Ability to manifest electrical energy from the air around her to develop the ability to shock at will anyone within 5 feet of herself. Emotions are a strong trigger especially anger.

Wishlist
Denials:
One
Two

•• TAGS: -- •• NOTES: -- ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

Sneaking and deceitful means were lost; they’d been spotted unceremoniously amongst the cluster. So, instead of frowning, pouting, or being dismayed, the child simply advanced, riveted. Deities were fascinating subjects, and as they drifted closer, mingled and mulled into the crowd of onlookers, spectators, and participants in examination, his eyes widened, took in the glamor and grandeur of the Moon Goddess. The only other celestial being he met, the Sun, had held might in tangible, corporeal amounts: infernos, embers, a blaze, a heat, a rapacious, simmering edge, frothing and boiling and bubbling so no one could discount his capability, his potency, his pernicious slides and searing frame. But this otherworldly creature held distinction, intimidation, in another way, an authority, a sway, over serpentine wiles and labyrinthine conjectures. She didn’t sizzle, she didn’t bend, she didn’t break, she didn’t rumble or growl, and rather, purred, melded and molded, folded, contracted and recoiled into darkness – a constant, unwinding state of shadows, of secrets, of mysteries and enigmas she’d never tell, she’d never spin, and he was fascinated by the overwhelming curtains and veils, the sliding opus of wickedness, the eerie gleam of nocturnal oils and reeling, twilight cues. Was she made of arachnid vows and asp serpentines? Was she carved and sculpted from his mother’s tales, where the devils wreaked havoc with mortals? Was she of her father’s influence, granting death, demise, and a swinging, unrelenting scythe? Were all the Gods so immense, so compelling, or had he met the most sinister, the most nefarious, the most cunning, and managed to sidle beneath their wake, managed to stare, managed to trace and remember their frames, ensnared in their conquering presence? How could he attempt to be as divine, as menacing, as prosperous as them, beckoning across siren thrones or infernal thresholds? He tilted his cranium, listened to the elders fawn or gesture, to the Goddess’ request, to the trill and din of wants, of desires (and in the distant set of his inquisitive mind, what did Adelric need?). Because the babe hungered for everything, yearned and craved and coveted every bit, every nuance, of what the world had to say, of what the realms had to offer, of what sovereigns could muster in the state of little, curious princes, he found the answer brewing past his throat, out his lips, in gleaming exuberance, in trumpeting exultation, peeking past boyish fangs and whimsical smiles towards the guardian of moons and iniquity. “Power.” He didn’t know how much he had, held, contained, but could feel it pulse from beneath his feet as he wandered across water, as he danced amidst streams, and wondered, pondered, hoped, there was more collected and nourished within his frame. Could she help him find it?

Summary: Erebos goes into the crowd and picks out his word: power.

Wishlist

Questing for upgrade to current dark magic:
: [Magic: Dark | Can manipulate the powers of corruption (dark elemental magic) for means of combat purposes on others especially when around other dark magic users]

:: [Restrictions | Effects can take a variety of forms and only lasts 30 seconds in battle and the magic will slowly lose potency after one use against the same opponent]

Prior Refusals: None.

Image Credits

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

OXY.
I never said that I want this
From one bitch to another, you totally understand why she throws you into a tree. The rough of the bark slides against your skin, scraping your flesh and adding to the wounds that already sit there, frozen in the cold. The feeling is familiar, and yet oddly unique in your unintoxicated state. Harrumphing at the annoyance of having been magically forced to trip over your feet, you detangle your limbs and set yourself upright, glaring at Torleik as though he is the cause of all your troubles.

You cannot linger long on this distraction, though, for you are given a direction and no matter how much you wish to remind the violet woman that she’s a bitch too, you suppose you should answer her. Addict though you might be, you’re not an idiot. You recognize what powers the gods can bestow upon you and help you with.

So… what do you want?

Your mind mulls over the query, settling on the three most important things in your life: power, drugs, and Snowflake. Which one do you want most?

Power? You consider it. The power to destroy, the power to lead others, the power to have a life free of fear. How do you keep this power? With strength… with magic. The power you have to intoxicate others- the power to intoxicate their blood so that they cannot breath or move. The power to intoxicate their brain so they see what you see- feel what you feel.

What about drugs? They’re intoxicating too. For you- they keep your memories intoxicated so that they cannot rise to the surface. They keep your body intoxicated, giving you relief from the symptoms of withdrawal. A stress reliever, a terrible accident, that you cannot stop now.

So Snowflake? She is something different in and of herself. A mystery that keeps you coming back to her, letting her in when you force others out, holding her close when you normally try to keep your distance. She is sweet, and kind, and broken, and alluring, and… intoxicating in her own right.

That word, it just keeps coming back, over and over again as you think. So… what do you want?

“Intoxication.”

Words| 364
Summary| Oxy’s word is ‘intoxication’

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child follows Erebos forward, the cerndyr just behind, though Adelric is admittedly not feeling very brave. Large crowds bother him, make him nervous and shier than he already is on most days. Still, his only friend in the whole world is moving forward, so he follows, into the shadow of the woman he has not known to be a goddess until one of the other’s here says so. But this is no ordinary meeting, it seems- she queries, others answer. Dare he be one that does? Erebos dares, naming his desire succinctly, but how can the half-child even begin to imagine only stating one word that describes everything his heart yearns for? And even if he can find that word, that one word that names everything that swirls in his cavernous soul… should he speak it? Should he ask for something from this goddess when his friend has asked too, or should he let Erebos have this opportunity before him? And what of his sister, who also stands near. She is more worthy than he as well. So many that deserve more than him, why she he be the cause of them having less?

His mind swirls and wanders, pondering the pros and cons of answering and not answering, of searching and not searching, and in the end he finds that his fear of reprimand for not answering the goddess is worse than his fear of winning some gift from this woman instead of Erebos. At least, if for some reason the goddess should not see that he is far less worthy, he may be able to use whatever gift she would give him to the benefit of Erebos, driving his friend further in his quest for power and control. That is one thing that Adelric is sure he does not desire. What does his heart really want? Freedom to ask questions, to study, to classify, to categorize, to delineate problems and create solutions. He wants to know how things work, why things work, what drives the need for them and how they sustain themselves in the ever changing climate that houses them. He wants to learn everything, to know everything, to… to have answers.”

Will she understand what he tries to convey with this one word as he shrinks back into the shadows, pressing up against Tobias? Or will she see an awkward child who dare not stand in her glorious light, unworthy of any gift she might have to offer? In many ways, he hopes it is the latter.

Words|422
Summary| Adelric’s word is ‘answers’
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

Daemyn stands silently watching the others move in around the purple Goddess. Even if she had been a normal horse the stallion would have believed her to have grace and power beyond normal equines. She was memorizing, more beautiful than anything the muscular stallion had ever laid lilac eyes on. The others were all but forgotten as he gazed in awe at his Goddess, is lady. Smiling nervously he watched the silver trimmed mare hopefully. What was she doing down here on such a cold day, and why these woods?

As his Goddess spoke he hide a laugh as she got onto the others before him. It was funny to him that someone had really asked if she was lost. How could the ruler of stars and moon ever be lost? Once his own words drew forth an smile, warmish words, and a nod, the stallion's ears flicked outwards shyly. It wasn't often that someone of such great power descended from on high then would actually acknowledge your existence! My how lovely she really was, beautiful inside and out; even if she did have a short temper. It was interesting to hear how others spoke to her, some didn't speak at all. Flicking his eyes to each face in turn as the amethyst mare spoke to the ones who had spoken to her.

Ears pricked curiously devouring her words waiting until he was sure she was done speaking before thinking quietly. Why was he here? He thought quietly for a moment ignoring all of the other answers and voices. The silver haired new what he wanted, but that was not why he was here. His muzzle lowered to the moon amulet then the dog pendant upon his neck. Then the word just popped into his head, "Curiosity." That is what had brought him here. Daemyn had wanted to see if there was anything else of interest here, or if it had been a one time thing.

Thunder Thoughts
Words:; 318
OOC:; Daemyn is shy and excited that she even said his name. He comes up with the word 'curiosity'
We are gonna see greater heights
They’ll put our names up in neon lights
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Torleik felt a thrill as the Moon Goddess addressed him, querying why he lived in the land of ice and grumpy gods. Did she mean the God of Time? Torleik only knew him as the god that had impregnated the woman he currently held...rather intense feelings for, and his jealousy flared at this thought. "Hm." One word to disclose his thoughts, and nothing more. What could he say? There were many reasons. It was the only place that had wanted him. He had family there. The woman he wanted was there, now. The Basin herd had given him a place in their hierarchy.

The rabicano found some satisfaction at the goddess' rebuke of Oxy's stinging words, feeling little need to do much else other than watch as he was flung into a tree for his troubles. A demand was sent out soon after, to state what each of them was there for in one word.

How could he distill everything he felt and wanted into one word?

The Bloodskald shifted on his feet, watching the ground ice over and then thaw out again. What did he want? Why was he here? What would fulfill him? The rabicano mulled over the answer silently ignoring whatever everyone else had spoken, finding no reason to listen to their musings. They were not him; they did not have his desires, his needs, the same holes in their soul. None of the others had been through what he'd gone through. None of their lives were just like his.

Finally, he lifted his glacial eyes and for the first time, looked the Goddess of the Moon in her slender, beautiful face. Her lilac coloring was soft to his eyes, her form alluring and desirable. Pale eyes stared back at him and Torleik felt his body stirred. She was a goddess - of course she was tempting, but that was not of consequence right now. Right now, he needed to know...why was he here? "Purpose."

"talk talk talk"

---------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 330 | Summary: Torleik's word/desire is purpose.
Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Hotaru leveled her gaze carefully at the Goddess when she and the Bloodskald were scorned. Her lips turned in a light downward frown, but unlike Torleik, she was unwilling to let it go with a mere hum of her vocals. Not that she was insulted, no. But if the Goddess wanted her to become a part of her lands? Well. "I implore you to understand that my place is not among peaceful do-gooders. I serve you, not their...campaign," she snorted softly. Peace was not for her. She followed the Goddess because of that, because the dark being was the sole female of the celestials, and a damn powerful one at that. A vixen of shadows and destruction. Something Hotaru emulated, and something the Edge did not apparently.

Direction is given in moments, and Hotaru carefully considered her own options. Power was first to hit her tongue, but the youngling from the Basin had claimed it first, and Hotaru listened to the reasoning of the others composed in singular words. Some she found rather pathetic, but they were of no consequence to her. She cared little for their desires and motives, for they would not benefit her much if they were so forthright with their pathetic greed. The strawberry shadow slowly let her lips curl into a maleficent, nefarious smirk. Oh, yes. She had found her word.

"Domination." Power, like what Erebos had spoken, but it was so much more than that. She wanted more than power, she wanted control, wanted everything that came with being a woman-king, a ruler with a kitsune smile. She wanted everyone and everything to bow to her, to force them to their knees in submission beneath her might. Untouchable, unbreakable.

Hotaru's word is 'domination'.

:: [Magic: Dark x Wind | Can create storms up to the size of a Category 4 hurricane that hold invisible blades that create lattice cuts of varying depth on the victim's body]
Wishlist

Refusals:

HOTARU
flowers with sharp petals

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zunden studied the others around her slowly taking them all in and their words. Some of them fawned over her, others just spoke normally to her. The storm filly wondered how it must feel to have so many people adore you. One day she would know at least what it felt like to have a few of her fellow herd members adore or admire her. After everyone was done speaking she lowered her head thinking about what she wanted. The filly couldn't help but watch her bother's head, seemingly floating, and wondering what he was thinking. Ere-whatever asked for power. Was it power she wanted? No, no power was not the word for what she desired. A word flitted through her mind causing a frown to crease her young face.

Family echoed through her mind, but was that really it either? Grey ears flicked in aggravation, that couldn't be it. Family would work if she could not grasp what she really wanted though. In her mind all the family she had left was Adelric, but she loved him dearly. Did some small part of her want a larger family? 'Food for thoughts I guess.' Pushing all of that away she focused hard different colored eyes squinting until it came to her. "Protection." her voice was clear, but respectful. Yes that would work. That could cover everything. If she had protection, that would in turn help her protect others, including her brother. Dual eyes fell to her brother's deer and she longed for her own companion, someone that could share her thoughts. If something knew how she was feeling all the time, it would save her a lot of pain.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 279
Notes: Zunden stays where she was then says 'Protection'
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken