the Rift

Delicate Souls Break Beneath Heavy Virtues

Jisatsu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

自殺

Wake up. Wake up. It is time to start again.
There is no one, as there hasn't been in the recent moon cycles. These trees aren't below Izanami anymore; I have failed in keeping her gift to them if I have left her sanctuary. Bones will scatter the ground more often now if there is no one to guide them to safety. In traveling endlessly about these trees, there is nothing to make it where it should. Even the geography is different. Caves don't litter the landscape, animals move through the trees freely and there is an obvious lack of the mushrooms and other edible foliage that I have learned to suffice by. Home is somewhere, but without the familiar watch of Izanami, I feel that I won't return to it.
Few have met me, and what really makes this different is that speak differently. Most of the time I can't understand the words that their lips make, only to stare with a blank expression and ears made to show my confusion. They don't understand my language because only their ears are the ones understanding, not their eyes. I hear there is no longer anyone left in this foreign place who may even understand my personal existence.
I fear I have become nanimonai, as that is what they are making me.
Tsukiyomi watches over, his light not endless in time but eternal in the way that it will always be there. His pale colour is soft and loose, weak though it illuminates the air that curls and twists with each of my exhales. It must be Fuyu here; the white blanket spread across the ground crunches and whispers below my ashen, coven hooves. It hangs everywhere when there is not a cloud in sight to taint the dark. My own shadow is fading, trailing beside me but tired in how we haven't seen the end of this place. Yes, there is home somewhere, but it is not here in these trees. There is no one to guide the wounded to safety, and I fear this is not a place of Her, only a place of others and the lesser beings such as myself.
They have all left me, I see now. They've left me in how I am no longer the guardian I desired to be, and now must wander the trees as I do so now. Their grasp is greedy from when I lower my head closer to my still beating heart to spare my antlers from their bone fingers. They rip and tear away the dolls. Somewhere in the trees, there is now a set of five dolls hanging in their mists, swaying in the wind and lifeless.
This place is no good for my kind, I see, but I shall adapt as I have done before because instinct is there to tell me it is what makes survival happen, and yet while She has two gifts to offer me, the first one that she is given is much greater than the second one she shall offer me in the later times.

OOC: Mainly narration, but expect it to end with the next post. Open to anyone who feels they want to post here, but he'll be heading off to the Basin.

Translations:
Izanami(She, Her): Japanese goddess of creation and death
Nanimonai: Nothing
Tsukiyomi: Japanese god of the moon
Fuyu: Winter

You're not dead, but you're not alive either.
You are a ghost with a beating heart.

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I pad through the snowy woods of the Threshold, prowling for something.. interesting. It's not that I'm even hungry, for once. Instead, I just want something to keep me entertained. I'm not sure when I am going to see Zima next, and I'm thinking about leaving for a time to go see her. Perhaps stay with her until we are both ready to come back to Helovia. But when will that be? How am I to know? I sigh and my breath shows in the cold air. My ears twitch as I pick up the sounds of another beast not too far off from myself. Hoofbeats crunch in the snow, and I see there a young man, horn upon his head. I stop and stare at him in the forest light. He seems to not have any direction in mind, and I think that I should perhaps... guide him.

I approach, and stop a few yards away, sitting down in the snow, tail making marks as it swishes back and forth. "G'day sir." He's young, but he's older than I am. It's the most polite I'm going to get. "Could I help you? I know somewhere you can warm yourself." The caves, the hot springs. The Basin was not a warm place by any means, even in the summer time. But at least there were warm places there. I lick a paw and make sure to pick clean my claws. I won't be looking a mess in front of strangers - or anyone, really. I turn my golden eyes back to his pale body and stare silently, my whiskers twitching in the cold. I would like to retreat to the warmth as well - with Zima, or back in the Basin - either way, I'd like some place to warm my fur. Even the insulation that I carry naturally is almost not enough against the harsh cold of Frostfall.

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

Dark hue's dance, mixed with the stark white and black of my face. I glance at the child at my side, her blue eyes looking around at the threshold. I smile. The Forrest was quiet now, not buzzing with the usual sound of voices that it often held during the summer. No, it was quiet, as not many dared travel in the winter.

However lyrics singing through the air caught the harks of my child and I. Both move closer to the sounds, one on long slender warmblood legs, the other slightly heavier, a smaller imitation of her larger mother, yet at the same time a replica of her father. A beautiful mix of both parents. If you looked close, you could see the beginning's of a horn emerging from the child forehead. A beautiful white horn.

As mother and daughter appear on scene, they see that a tiger has already beat them to the silver grulla. The black and white flecked filly doesn't know her, but her mother knows her. Recognition sparks in the dark blue eyes before going dormant once more, hiding the emotion, instead turning into an empty abyss. A smile touches the lips of the adult female, as she looks at the Tiger. "Saffron... I see you have already beat us to this newcomer..." The empty looking eyes turn to look at the aqua eyes silver man. My head lowers deeply to him, crown bobbing. Quietly, my daughter follows suit. "Hello, welcome to Helovia. I am Sialia, and my daughter Glacia." The dark face turns to look at the Tigress, and the smaller like face turns to look as well, however the eyes of the youngster where unguarded and full of wonder.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Saffron] @[Jisatsu]
Words;; 294
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!