the Rift

[OPEN] Terminal Point of Addiction

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru

Leaving had been the hardest thing Hotaru had ever faced. She had been prepared to stride out onto a nonexistent battlefield, her wit far more powerful and effective a weapon than the muscles upon her challenger, alone and aware of exactly what her mission was. Only, it had not been merely Ophelia that had been there to witness her crossing the threshold of snow and ice, to the world of imprisonment. Her daughter and (lover? Could she call her warrior that now?) had both been present. Seeing the tears held back in her huntress's eyes had driven a stake into the young spy's heart, but pride had sutured the edges of the wound just as quickly to prevent the pain from overtaking her and sending her to tears as well. Because Arya was a strong and beautiful soul, and seeing her stride away so composed and powerful had given Hotaru the strength to smirk in the face of danger and sway her hips down the catwalk of bars and secrecy.

It was way too damn hot, where her guard had sequestered her. So used to the misty lands of the Foothills and the fierce chill of the Basin, the dainty spy was uncomfortable with the pervasive heat that seemed to simmer deep inside her skin. Even so, there was nothing that could reduce her to a state of inelegance, and the Arab genes in her quickly acclimated to the temperature. She danced across the sands on limbs as long and lean as a gazelle. Bichromatic eyes swept over the varying shades of color that the sand and clay mixed into. Hotaru had never imagined the Dragon's Throat, a desert and nothing more, could be so colorful. Then again, many thought a frozen wasteland like the Aurora Basin could not hold beauty, either.

Or maybe that was just their attitude painting the viewpoints of others.

A soft snort of amusement escaped her, and with a satisfying stretch that eased the muscles in her spine, she set off at a comfortable jog. Stamina was her best attribute, one might say it came from her genes as well. She happily frolicked on the sands, assuming the role of a Throat denizen, the actress in her blossoming until it seemed as if she was entirely comfortable in this completely strange land. She splashes her pale hooves through the Oasis, kicking up water and delighting in the rainbow of diamonds that only enhance her beautiful appearance, the light rain of coolness down upon her skin a delightful relief.

Would anyone come to relieve her false boredom?

lady lazarus, i rise
Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

He had, for all intents and purposes, had not expected to find another new face when he went to quench his thirst before he took off into the sky for some time. But when he crested a dune, long limbs carrying him over the ever-sliding sand with a well-practiced ease, he was greeted not only by the sight of the oasis, but a mare as well. And quite the beauty at that. He paused there, watching her frolic with perked ears and unveiled interest, gaze flickering over her form before he proceeded to walk over.

"Glad to see someone is enjoying herself." Bucephalus called out as he approached as to not startle her. Once more his gaze flickered over her body in interest; he had never seen a coat quite like hers. Although her unique coat was at the back of his mind, truly. He moved past her to the Oasis, dropping his head to quench his thirst with the cool water. Only once he was satisfied did he lift his head to refocus on her. "I do not recall meeting you as of yet." Of course he hadn't. But that was through no fault of his own.

He had heard rumors that the Throat was holding someone, although he did not know this particular mare was said prisoner, nor what she had done. If he had known... Well things would have gotten interesting. But as he did not know, he could only guess that this elegant mare before him was either a) A newcomer, or b) someone previously here that he had yet to meet.

"I'm sure i would have remembered had we met. Name's Bucephalus. And yours?" He cocked his head slightly, golden eyes focused intently on Hotaru, his ears pricked sharp. Would her name be as blunt as most others here?

Word Count:304 Tags:000

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru

A main water source had been the best area to keep herself around, for surely the denizens could not exist in the desert without fresh water, and their thirst could not hold out even if they were aware of her true citizenship. It no longer existed on her coat, so long was the trek from her real home to her...temporary shelter. Her efforts are not wasted, and she internally preens to realize that she is (once again) correct in her assumptions. The fellow that approaches is dark and gleamed with gold, a sight for sore eyes but with the sad appendages that reminder her sorely of her recently departed mother. Not that she had any love lost concerning Phaedra, of course. The lass didn't even call her by anything other than her given name.

Nonetheless, though Hotaru does not hold stallions in very high lighting, he is a new face. And thus, interesting. Should he prove to hold valuable information, or even a way to pass the time, Hotaru would play nice. Not that she liked doing so, especially considering he was a follower of the ugly Breeder that had snuck her away in the first place, but then again maybe he was just following orders. Like Hotaru had. Though look where that got her! Surely it would be wiser to target the leaders than the little pawns that did their dirty work? Not that Hotaru thought so lowly of herself - where would the Basin be without her after all? She loved and served them with all the passion she held within her little bodice - but it was more relevant to attack the ring leader.

Shaking herself from her internal thoughts she let a shy smile fall to her lips. As fake as she was, surely, but flawless all the same. "How could I not? Tis a beautiful day, spring is abound." She falls into a new mannerism of speech as easily as a sparrow dives from a high precipice; fearless and habitual. Dancing away to ensure she does not splash him as he drinks - another false kindness that she could care less about concerning anyone other than her Aurora family - she lets her gaze flicker to him as if unable to keep it off. Intrigued, almost...appreciative.

Laughter trickles from her lips, almost sheepish. "Ah, I've only recently joined. My name is Lilith," she proffered, the false name leaping to her lips with satiny smoothness. Oh yes, the woman who had prevailed over the original Eve. A perfect name to fool the sad stallion with. Truly it was not his fault that she had chosen him to needle, but even her captor did not know her true name. Best she kept that hidden close at heart. "Tis a pleasure to meet you, Bucephalus. Tell me, what is it like here? I'm eager to assimilate to my new home...I don't want to be cast away for being inconsiderate or the last to know the news." Here she drops her head, almost abashed and ashamed at the thought, a tentatively hopeful expression dawning as she gazes up at him through pale ivory lashes that give way to mismatched eyes.

lady lazarus, i rise
Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He didn’t feel different. Course he didn’t look different either that is…if you could see him. Looking down into the water hole the gold assured himself he was invisible to earth’s eyes. Oh how his hidden face grinned at the absence of its twin in the water! What a clever bit of magic this was. Looking away he searched for the dark spotted fawn. It had gotten used to this trick the gold had been practicing, and so stared off into space where he had vanished.

Time to stash i-Haldir, and see what this magic could really do. Reaching out the gold nudge this little brown and black body. It did not jump at the warm touch, having, as stated gotten used to it, and actually rather enjoying this twisted game of hide and seek. Still another shove and the small creature’s ears fell back. Even without seeing the gold he knew what this meant. Haldir did so hate to be left in the bush, but the gold knew what was best. So he walked with a low head and tail tucked between his legs to the small bush he usually stayed in. Curling up the fawn laid his head on his curled limbs with a long sigh, expecting the gold to have gone already. But a warm breath came over his body, and the young creature smiled, at the gold’s rare show of moderate kindness. It didn’t last of course, and the fawn tucked back away as sand flew up from the invisible flying hooves.

Noting the still visible marks of his movements, such as sands and sound, the gold did try to conceal himself better. Crossing over the sands he looked on a conversation to spy on, and spotted something he knew was here, but had not at all expected. A pink mare stood by the main oasis below. With a grin the gold remembered her capture in the north being what called in south once again to this desert land. Approaching her was a black bird, dashing with a sprinkling of gold that the golden son knew to be Bucephalus, the crafter. The gold had not spoken to him yet, and as he had no other way to play with his new magic he ventured forward. Careful to keep his distance so the shifting sands would not be noticed he listened in from behind a few tall grasses.

He came just at the right time, catching the last of her name, Lilith. Smirking at her lies the gold sat back to enjoy the show, and see her play her game. He was after all the head of her rank, so best know who he had under him. Perhaps he would reveal himself soon enough and give the girl a nice little fright, but why waste this time to see her in action. Besides, the gold was enjoying his trick far too much to reveal it at the moment. Cocking a hind hoof he looked to the gold dusted bird to see how well the pink girl had played her trick.

OOC :: Entering invisibly with permission of Tribs and Brit.
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

A wonderful day? His gaze flickered to the sky, a thoughtful hum in his throat. "True. Although spring seems to be late in her arrival." He said, his eyes dropping down and focusing on her, his ears pricked. Lilith. His head tilted to the side slightly, a flicker of a frown. Odd name for a seemingly...polite and happy mare. "A strong name." He didn't say beautiful. The name wasn't to his taste.

He fights a laugh when she ducks her head. "Don't fret, it's nothing to be ashamed of." He said, shifting his weight, ears twitching. "There have been murders throughout the land... two of which were our own." Of course he didn't know the two victims. But she didn't need to know that. "Folk have been teaming up for it. As for our herd, not much has been going on... only really important thing is Gaucho's quest to make the Throat an island." He said, giving a light shrug. "Was supposed to use boats to ferry the wingless across." He frowned faintly at her, ears flicked.

How would this newer one react to the isolation? "Tell me, what do you think of it? I'm curious to hear it from one that cannot fly." He couldn't imagine a worse fate, and at first Gaucho's plans must seem cruel, meant to isolate the wingless. But as the Sun God had said; they would not bother to find a way for those lacking flight to cross if they didn't care about them.

(OOC: Sucky post ;-; and damnit Buce you jabbermouth >.> XD)

Word Count:252 Tags:000

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud