the Rift

[PRIVATE] you can dance if you want to

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 50c3cfe45dfd7]

Chernobyl

Her black hair, long and so very onyx - especially against the bone white snow that is piled around her. A storm has encased the land for miles and Chernobyl is no stranger to such a situation, it is a simple and familiar solution to curl up like a snow dog and wait the storm out with some thorough rest. The frost lacing her long eyelashes cracks softly as her coal glass-globe eyes open to the sunlight. The snow falls away as she shifts, revealing her glossy coat beneath; it begins gathering warmth immediately. It takes her a moment to fully gain awakeness, dragging herself from the depths of her dream worlds and rising to her sturdy legs. Daylight is in its full, even will be approaching in several hours, she can tell by the suns angle as it stares down at the snow laden rocks and ledges. She shakes and more snow sprinkles away, curling and floating with the wind currents that flow whimsically passed the lone unicorn.

She's amongst the high hills and cliffs near the mouth of the Steppe, to the west of Heavenly Fields. After such a storm most would not follow its torn up path deeper into the Steppe, most would head to the Caves or forests; not Chernobyl.

Deeper and deeper she goes, moving along the coast. The snow flurries around her, as if to warn against the direction she travels. North and more north she goes. She plans to tangle herself into the frozen hillocks and wait for her dear Murdock. He's sure to be delighted that she has not run off again, only wandered a bit and got a bit fatter and free-er. Surely he will come, he always does. He is the only trustworthy thing in this fucked up mess of a society.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

@[Murdock] forgive any misspellings and silliness, I'm stuck on a kindle but I couldn't resist (;

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K

Ever since she had returned, Murdock had felt a constant desire to travel north, some magnetic force pulling at his very bones and drawing him toward the mountains and snow. For far too long he had remained in the Edge, casually adjusting himself to his duties within a herd once more and becoming accustomed to his new way of life. He had felt reluctant to leave his new home for fear he would be missed or tempted to remain upon the icy steppe, pinned down by icy gales of wind and a heart that had a mind of its own.

However, he could resist his desires no more and so at the break of dawn, took one last look at the dark sea beyond the cliffs and lifted himself up into the air, up into the sky that he called home and followed a familiar route northbound. Forests and fields drifted by beneath him as he soared deeper into the grip of Frostfall, the air dense and cold beneath his outspread wings and carrying him along the strong winds with ease. A storm had just swept eastward across the steppe, but in its wake was a beautiful and clear morning, only the bitter wind serving as a reminder of the front that had passed during the preceding days.

Before long, he was descending toward the dark shoreline and the jagged foothills that lined the northern edge of the land, warm sunlight washing over him as he slipped through the air and landed softly in the deep powder. The steppe was such a large piece of land and every time he returned he wondered just how he would find what he sought among the mountains and many miles of rolling terrain. However, he always seemed to find her. Sooner or later he would stumble upon the right path and she would appear upon the horizon, a dark and shrouded figure waiting for his arrival.

He set out along the shoreline, the sea whispering encouragement to his left as the wind whistled along the mountainsides to his right. How he had missed this place, how he had missed her and everything about this land. The Edge had kept him for far too long, pinned to his responsibilities and the desire to rebuild the reputation he once had. However, he had not allowed himself time for a vacation or two within the past seasons and now finally he was following a winding trail of hoof prints north, drawing closer to the mountains as the sun rose higher and evening loomed on the edge of the world. He did not have to walk far, though, before he spotted a lone figure in the distance, her identity confirmed by the thorned crown upon her head.

“Chernobyl!” He called out with excitement bursting from his voice, his pace quickening as he leapt over wayward rocks and windswept brambles toward where she stood in the snow. Her sleek coat was dusted with snow, ice clinging to her hair as if she had been buried in a snow bank, but she looked well. A broad grin split across his features as he arrived at her side, his hooves sliding in the deep snow as he came to a halt. “I am sorry it has been so long…how have you been?” He stepped closer, reaching out toward her cheek to tenderly touch her face, to remind himself that she was truly here and not just some craft of his imagination.

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit

Now I have Safety Dance stuck in my head ;D
x

Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

Chernobyl

She knew he would come, he always comes. Faithfully they meet each other time after time; checking one another over and swiping the occasional soft touch. The sun has yet to set, leaving the shiny ice layer blanketing the snow illuminate like a thousand peachy lights. The peach colors fade to rose and lavender, soon they will sharpen into a bright yellow/orange - her mind is away from the sunset now though. Now she can only think of him as the sound of his feet crunching through the crusty snow echo across the vastness. The ocean's wild waves can be heard to the east, but all that booms in her ears in her own heartbeat. His voice cuts the coldness with its melting warmth, brushing the bitterness aside - instantly she realizes the heat they make with one another. The thought rolls away into the back of her mind as he reaches for her and says something of an apology. "Oh my handsome, kindred Murdock..." She chuckles wryly, "I'm the one constantly running off, no apologies from you are ever necessary..." She bubbles over with a little more laughter, leaning over to brush her hot breath against his cheek. "I've missed you so. I truly ache when we're apart. My bones, they're too restless to ever stay still for long though, as I'm sure you've noticed." A giggle flutters out of her wide fuzzy nostrils, again she leans over to touch him, this time her body slithers behind her movements. She fts herself nicely beside him, they're dark bodies meshing perfectly. Black and black, the fading sunlight reveals traces of Murdock's shadow-loving markings.

The snowflakes fall silently, swirling down to the shiny spines, fur, thorns and wings below. They melt upon contact, only gathering at the tips of the splinters adorning the black mare's horn. It is frigid but she cannot feel it, she wonders for a split second if he can feel the same thing she can. That electric, hot feeling that only his presence gives her. She decides to answer him now that they're eyes are locked into each other. "I've been well, and you? How have you been getting along?" She sniffs the air aloud, "The Edge." Her mind processes the smell of it's trees, heavy moisture and general aroma. She recognizes it. She cannot remember if she'd always known he was from there or if it is recent. Either way, it certainly much better than her past origins. Certainly the Edge would not persecute him for socializing with a unicorn. She reaches for him again, this time for longer, pressing her shoulder into his and tucking the bridge of her muzzle behind his cheekbone (into the groove of his neck). It felt good to breath him in, to lean on him gently, feeling his fur and feathers, and the delightful heat radiating from their bodies being so close. She gets lost in it, soaking it in, loving it.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

pixel is by RELI<3

Gaz
M U R D O C K

Warmth seemed to fill the space around them as they came together on the snow, the sun bathing the steppe in fiery gold as it sunk toward the horizon. Despite the season and the ice and rime that surrounded them, Murdock did not take note of the chill that settled in his bones and turned his breath to a cloud of vapor. Everything else seemed to melt away; the bitter wind, the proximity of the Basin, the approach of darkness were all but forgotten as she breathed softly against his cheek, heat blossoming in his chest and setting his nerves alight.

He laughed softly as she spoke, leaning toward her to tousle her forelock with his lips, taking care to avoid the weapon she wore as a crown. “You needn’t worry,” he murmured softly, lowering his chin to look into her dark eyes. “No matter where you wander, I will always find you.” They were both restless creatures, curiosity guiding their feet to new lands and new adventures and that was exactly the reason he had promised to take her exploring. Like him, she had a thirst for travel and though they often travelled apart, their hearts would always guide them back together again.

As of late, however, Murdock had felt bound to the Edge. He had finally found a safe haven, a place to call home that he was satisfied with. His devotion and loyalty to his new herd knew no limits, as did his love for Chernobyl, but he had been reluctant to leave the lands until he had become completely settled. Finally, as the sun had reached its peak in the sky that day, he had slipped across their borders and returned to the snow and the mountains that he loved.

He leaned into her warmth as she pressed the length of her body against his, his gaze tracing the gilded edges of clouds that had settled just above the mountain tops. “I have been well,” he replied thoughtfully, recalling all that had transpired since her return. He had found happiness once more, finally, and a place to call home. However, there had been strange occurrences in the Edge and though he had not yet experienced such an event himself, it worried him. However, he decided he would not concern her with such news.

“Yes, I have joined the Edge now. I was tired of being alone. Their lands are much like my birthplace…I finally feel at home again,” he turned his head to look down at her, leaning into her touch as she pressed her muzzle into the hollow behind his cheekbone. He closed his eyes, lifting a wing to drape it across her snow-dusted back. “And what of your adventures? Tell me what you have been up to.” He still did not know where she had disappeared to for the many months he had missed her, but she would tell him when the time was right. For now, he preferred to leave the past behind them and focus on the moment, enjoying the fact that here and now, they were together.

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Psilo

Chernobyl

The embers of sunset still burn behind the peaks, the rivers of bright light are probably going to creep out soon. Truthfully Chern would much rather the moon be shining, dominating her skyscape domain like the Queen she is - but not out here, out here she is submissive to the ruling ribbons of color that dance almost nightly in the open skies.

There is always a time to yield and a time to fight, even the moon have it engrained in them.

She listens to him intently, the tip of her head still tingling from where he lipped at her thick forelock. She's glad to hear he has found somewhere to belong, something she has yet to do. A small pang stirs in her chest when he mentions not wanting to be alone any longer. She lets it go easily, but stuffs it somewhere deep in the cogs of her dark mind. When he drapes his wing over her back she pulls halfway out of the embrace they're tangled in, only snaking her head out from underneath his throat groove and leaving her body still against his. Nightfall is ever creeping around them, but bitterness has yet to bite at her nostrils and eartips as it usually does. He asks of her adventures and she lets a chuckle softly hit the cold air. “Certainly nothing worthy of being called an adventure.” She laughs at herself a little bit, “A few scuffles and some lessons learned, but nothing special.” Her black eyes look into his, grinning deviously with only one side of her mouth. “Maybe I'm done being alone as well...” She reaches for his muzzle with her black lips, whuffing onto him affectionately before recoiling to speak again. “I'm thinking of putting together a small outcast group, with what purpose I have no idea...so far.” Her tail flicks, a subconscious action she does when her mind begins to go too far too fast. “Something.” Anything but a kingdom, but she doesn't say this aloud, it would sound too much like an insult...something she would never do to Murdock, not to mention she doesn't lack respect for the ranked subjects of the various kingdoms, she simply knows she would never do it again. Not after the Basin. Her attention comes back to him, “Tell me love,” she finds him with her abysmal dark eyes, “What do you do out there in the Edge?” Her curiosity is genuine, her voice is absent of the usual cynicism, as it always is when she talks to him.

LYRICAL GENIUS

pixel is by RELI<3

Gaz
M U R D O C K

There was something so incredibly peaceful about the steppe at dusk. It was a flat and simple place, buried beneath a thick blanket of white that was now stained a glowing amber by the setting sun. The bright blue of the sky had begun to fade, mingling with the darkness of the universe beyond and painting the heavens a solemn navy. There was still some warmth from the light that peered above the mountain tops, but it was pale and weak. Murdock was not cold, though; not with Chernobyl pressed against his side, her dark body embraced beneath the curve of his wing.

He looked down at her as she spoke, drawing his gaze away from the gilded cliffs to her features, painted in gold by the sunset. How he had missed her. How he missed their long talks beneath a rising moon and their childish games beneath the watchful eyes of the stars. He would do anything to keep her here now, well within his reach and safe from harm. However, she was free from the grasp of the Basin at last, free from their judgment and binding laws and now nothing could prevent him from seeking her out whenever his duties would allow him to.

He leaned into her touch as she reached out to him, shifting his wing across her snow-dusted back. He didn’t like the sound of these “scuffles” she had had, but he knew she could take care of herself. After all, when one wore a crown such as hers, it would be unwise to cross them. He certainly still recalled his own apprehension when first they had met, when she had stood above him as he lay in the snow. In the first moments of their encounter, he did not imagine she could become anything more than an enemy…How wrong he was.

A broad smile returned to his face at the mention of her starting an outcast group and he tilted his chin down to meet her gaze. “That sounds like a wonderful idea,” he nudged the feathers tangled in her mane, their faintly glowing tips matching the many that covered his wings. Murdock himself had never been a leader; he was not organized nor focused enough to create or maintain any sort of structure. However, he had been a part of many small groups, and in his experience they were often better than a herd. The smaller the group, the closer the bonds formed between the members and it was really very much like a family. The Edge was family to him, but he knew few of the members personally.

He turned away as her next question was presented to him, his gaze seeking the glowing crown of the sun. Truthfully, he didn’t really do much yet. He was a Protector, a simple warrior among their ranks. He was content with any duties he received, but part of him was more ambitious than that. He had been a Captain in his homeland, after all, and a General of the Foothills. To be a mere defender certainly had its benefits, but he could do better than that, could he not? Thor had encouraged him to, as well, and he had thought often on his friend’s words. Perhaps someday he could present an impressive title to her, but for now he was a simple soldier.

“I collect flowers, actually,” he replied brightly, tilting his head sideways and glancing down at her with a smile. “It’s a very important job, you see…I’m the only one they’ve trusted with such a task.” Truthfully, he might actually enjoy such a responsibility, if not for the fact that it would be slightly embarrassing. The job would be very seasonal as well, what with most of the greenery dying off in the colder months. He retracted himself from his thoughts, a soft laugh escaping from his lips. “I am a Protector of the Edge. I spend my days patrolling the border and guarding our lands. And what about you? Have you still retained your scholarly habits or has something else caught your fancy?”

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Psilo

Chernobyl

The Steppe is still. Silence wraps them as the snow falls, the only things stirring are them and the thinning snowfall that adds to the bone-white carpet already covering the barren hills. As the sun settles, disappearing, the snow is beginning cease. The weather is taming instead of bulking and rearing its enormous stormy head while night swallows day, which is what it typically does. Their gazes fit neatly together as she looks up and he looks down, the surreal connection produces electricity in her spine. The surface of her skin tingles and her hair stands on end beneath his snow collecting wing. She doesn't wonder if this is love or simply hormones, whether its a deeply rooted connection or just a natural reaction to loneliness. Despite her questioning nature she resists the instinct to do so and just relaxes beneath his feathery appendage. The warmth still encasing her, her ribcage expanding and falling against his own, her heart pulsing against his shoulder; their bodies meld as if cut from the same piece of material.

He encourages her, his touch rustling the glowing feathers tangled messily into her knotted hair. They have endured for a long while and still they seem firmly weaved into her mane after such a spanse of time (along with some random twigs and other small bits of debris).

She watches him ponder, her eyes set on him as he watches the fading crest of burning orange sink. She questions for a second whether she upset him but when he answers she smiles, playfully amused but not mockingly so. “That sounds pretty nice, actually.” She nods as he adds the last bit, light hearted laughter rising from her stocky chest. And then a question for her, she grins around the words, saying them confidently. “Oh yes, in fact I've heard there were some scrawlings of some sort in the Caves...hieroglyphs, that's what they were calling them.” She has become quite the spy as well, lurking behind and around other's conversations. Nothing important, just fun facts and treasure hunting clues. “I'm going to check that out at some point, too.” She looks out toward the falling sun and it's army of golden edged clouds. What little snow that was falling is now gone, but the chill remains, not that she can feel it. She looks up at him once again, her black eyes reflecting the dusky glow, the curves of her dark face lined with rosy-gold, “Next time we meet we should go there; you do owe me an adventure still.” She kisses her breath against his cheek, a pale cloud curling against his fur, she chuckles softly at her own affectionate jab.

I can't tell one from the other;
I find you, or you find me?

pixel is by RELI<3

Gaz
M U R D O C K

The warmth of her against his side was reassuring, far more reassuring than the cliffs of home or even the glittering stars that shone dimly through the dusk light. He rested gently against her, his wing holding her tightly against his side. He never wanted to let her go, he never wanted to have to say goodbye again or even “see you soon”, because any time spent apart from her was too long. She was the air he breathed and the light of day; far more special than any other coveted treasure on this planet.

It surprised him how deeply he felt for her, how intense his attachment had become when usually he simply drifted about, making friends with the trees and sharing fragments of conversation with the wind. Emotionally and mentally he could not be considered wholly stable, and yet there was nothing uncertain about his devotion to her. She was the only sure thing in this world and he would cling to that as if clinging to the last scrap of sanity within his reach.

There had been times when he thought she was his last hope in this world, but now he knew it. He would give his heart and soul for her happiness and nothing could drag him from her side. Now that the Basin no longer stood in their way, now that their prejudiced views were no longer a threat, there was nothing stopping him from making more frequent journeys to this Steppe they had always met upon. Apart from his duties, of course, but they did not ban him from spending a night away from the herdlands.

His gaze drifted away from the horizon as her soft voice reached his ears, pale green eyes settling upon her face. He pressed his muzzle into her mane as she spoke, sighing steam into the cold air. He was glad she was keeping busy, and thrilled that she was pursuing her interest in philosophy. How curious a creature she had seemed to him when first she had stood above him in the snow all those years ago. He had been new to Helovia, still naive and childish before experience had hardened his heart. She had captured him then and there, though neither of them knew it yet, but some unknown desire would repeatedly guide their paths to cross time and time again. She had mentioned her studies then, and he was pleased to hear she was still finding subjects to explore.

“That sounds very exciting indeed,” he murmured warmly against her neck, his lips curling into a half moon smile. He had never done much studying of anything himself, but he was fascinated by almost anything and everything around him. Questions constantly floated about in his head like clouds in the empty expanse of the sky, and though he rarely found answers to his inquiries, he was ever curious about the world around him. His grin broadened at her teasing words and he reached out to nudge her cheek affectionately. “Of course, my dear! I haven’t forgotten my promise. I look forward to it.”

He hoped the next time would be soon, that they would not have to wait until the heat of summer had melted most of the snow and turned the Steppe into a barren wasteland before they were able to meet again. Too often they had spent far too much time apart, and Murdock resented the ache in his heart that was born of her absence. How he longed to spend every waking moment by her side, but he could not simply give up his responsibilities to the Edge. He was not bound to them by contract, of course, but he was faithful to their numbers and could never abandon his family. However, perhaps a time would come at some point in their lives when they could be together and every morning and every night he could look at her and know he was not alone.

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit

(Sorry for the delay <3) @[Chernobyl]
x

Psilo

Chernobyl

Night was fading into darker night. The cold Steppe is starting to howl with a soft, but steady wind that whips through the conifers spread at the edges of the vast openness. When he leans his muzzle into her knot riddled, breathing onto her thick fur underneath the cloak of her twisted onyx hair; she closes her eyes and exhales with a hum of satisfaction. There was something raw, primal and soul nurturing about their visits with one another – all things Chernobyl had a hard time having faith in. She found any part of him she could with her prehensile lip, scratching him lovingly wherever she found a spot (most likely his neck or cheek).

The air sank at the mention of a next time, but the heaviness brought a smile to the black mare’s lips, kissing them against his muzzle with a nudge. “I will not be leaving again, Murdock – even if I were to, I’ll never be gone forever…even in death.” She whispers quietly to him, her lips still toying gently with his own lips and muzzle. He didn’t have to say aloud what was going through his mind; she did not need any magic to read him… He fidgets at the very thought of a goodbye, even with his wandering spirit, he did not like to severe the image of her from his eyes. She relishes in his steadfast affection, as if when they are apart he is sick with wanting. She is in fact sick with missing him when they are apart, but it is easy for her to put away, to hide the feeling deep on a heart she doesn’t even want in the first place – unless Murdock is around, and then having such an organ is always such a good time. She has trouble fathoming that his feelings match with her own, despite him doing everything to show her that they do. Finally she seems to catch on, that same old warmth heating up a little more as it needles through her bloodstream. She pulls away from playing with her lips against his, adjusting her position under his blanketing wing. “You know I must be off soon.” She snuggles into him, rubbing her face into his neck and mane, as if she is about to take a nap. “The next full moon though, you’ll meet me by the Cave entrance…won’t you?” She touches him tenderly from his neck to his muzzle, nibbling and nuzzling along the way, “So I’ll see you very soon, my love.” She snuggles into him again, it is a silent ‘I love you’ before she pulls away like a ghost after his own sweet farewell.

They’ll be together soon, it is only a week or so before the moon will swell up with light once again.

I can't tell one from the other;
I find you, or you find me?

@[Murdock] <3 sorry for the wait, I’ll put a thread up in the caves ASAP. If you get to it first, just tag me so I don’t forget xD

pixel is by RELI<3