the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Who We Are [Midas]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba

Seele the Necromancer
and every demon wants his pound of flesh; but i like to keep some things to himself

The sky was falling. Falling down. Down to the bottom of the Earth. Breaking. Shouting. Screams. Shattered dreams. Dreaming of death. Deathly hallows. Hollow beings. Hollow logs. Can someone actually be hollow? Hollow on the inside? Inside of a home. Home for animals. A home to the hearth. Burning in the fires.

Oh make it STOP! But nothing could. She was shattering fast. Too fast. Everything was becoming an incoherent blob. All her yellow eyes took in was death. The shadows were turning into souls. Her mind was raging and trying to run from the darkest corners at the same time. Her body had been deteriorating, unable to concentrate enough to force herself to eat - maybe only take one sip of water at a time before she would go galloping through the liquid screaming that something was after her.

Loose associations were being jumbled around, everything beginning to mean something different. Even my voice was being clouded in her mind. My motherly voice of concern. How she could ignore it I didn't know, but she was. In fact, she was running in circles right now. Her glass hooves were just outside the towering cliffs that held the entrance to her home - the home she had run away from when her mind had started to disintegrate, and now she was babbling on about nonsense. "Cliffs. Cliff hangers. Hanging intestines. Testing mines. Mines blow up. But they are mine. My feelings. My soul. I feel the sharp blades. Blades from leaves. Leaving. Left. Left alone. Lonely. Loner. Loners were family. Family with kids. Feelings. Feelings I just started to understand. I'm under a stand. A standing ovation..." It continued on like this, murmured under her breath before her limbs almost buckled and she balked backwards, eyes widening and a moment of clarity shattering through the haze which had weakened her over this past season or so. "I ruined it all. Please stop... Please stop. I cared... I felt... I'm broken now..." Her voice is shattering, emotion overflowing from the orifice which could never have produced such a thing before. And, even as the real Seele breaks free, she wouldn't have noticed if someone had appeared.

Something had connected just right to allow her the feeling of love, of hate, of pain, of sadness. But... so incorrectly as to send her spiraling into a useless sack of bones. She couldn't fight if she wanted to - she couldn't protect herself or others, and this is far from what I wanted. All of her was dying, being eaten alive by the screaming voices around her, and the defense barrier she had... it was chipped away. She chokes, "I finally think I know... what love is..." and tears form, spilling from eyes squeezed shut. Only now, does she actually start to take in the world around her...

But you'll never be mine, Schwere grunts, my child would never fall like this.

@[Midas] - this is the thread before the death thread :P

credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She’d vanished from our home that we’d been gifted and built upon. The dark lady left after befriending me and giving my soul someone to trust in this place of liars and thieves – my new family. Seele had aided me to accept this fate and decision. She’d made the pain easier to manage. I hear cries in the night, they shatter the cold silence. Snow is falling, a frigid blanket. Eyelids slide up and crown rises from its lax position, nar, I thought grumbly, what now? Gazing over the side of a cliff I took post at, I noticed there was movement on the ground. A dark frame was sliding in and out of the shadows, stumbling around as if crazed by some unseen force or nightmare. Fina screeched, fanning her flaming wings. “Murderer?” she hissed, “Is it?”

Narrowed eyes quickly hardened, I spread my wings. Neve chirped and looked up from her nest behind my nape. “Stay here,” I ordered through our bond, the little ice princess was far too young for confrontation. Slowly the alabaster avian rose and flew to perch on a nearby overhanging slat of stone. Ivory and gold thrashed the air violently as I leap from the edge and descended rapidly to earth. Magic was already starting to pool within my soul, ready to spring forth should I need to do battle.

“Wait!” Fina called below, her sharp eyes had caught a better look at our stumbling intruder. Eyes widened, I landed roughly at a slow canter and felt the shock-waves of such landing vibrate my legs and joints. “Seele!” Tone was a mix of frantic urgency and great relief. My colead had returned and was living!

I draw close without caution and felt Fina glide across my rear; tightening her gripe into flesh to catch my attention, “Careful.” She cautioned, “Different, she different.” Lips started to curve into a bright smile of welcoming, but the grin is frozen and my gaze becomes one of horror when I see the state my friend has arrived in. “Seele?” warily my body drew to a halt, “Ye is safe now,” I urged gently, voice a tender brush that was softer than a feather, “Home now.”

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Abba

Seele the Necromancer
and every demon wants his pound of flesh; but i like to keep some things to himself

Birds. Flying. Freedom. She didn't realize it, though. Not like I realized it. You see, as I listened to the wind rustling and shifts in movement I knew someone was flying, someone was experiencing the freedom that I so desired. It sickened me that the cage I was in was closing in. In fact, I might even be experiencing claustrophobia. Seele, for God's sake! Snap out of it!

But the voices around us were going stronger again, and her black body was beginning to tremble in the light. I was trying to get her to ignore them, I really was. However, even my words were beginning to jumble around in her cranium before they got to her. A sickening sob shuddered from her lips - a cry of desperation, sadness, feeling that could have broken anyone near - at the sound of her name in the air. It wasn't a loud sob, no. In fact, it was probably only audible to those right near her. But, anyone could see the heaving of her side as she breathed, showing her now protruding ribs.

He's here. He's still here. Gods, please. Seele. Listen to him. Concentrate on him! Stop letting the voices kill you! I doubted this plea would work, but it was all I could think to say. She was dying before me, and I couldn't stop it. The only part that made this worse? Oh yea. Maybe the fact that she is the only vessel I had left to be able to contribute anything from and without her I'm just a floating mess of shadow, darkness, and silence. A mother should never be reduced to that.

Yellow orbs snap open, limbs shuddering forward as he draws to a halt. Safe. Home. Shattered rays of muddled emotions glinted across her eyes as she looked at him, body swaying a little as she struggled to stay standing. Light. Not safe. "Light... not safe. They attack in the light. They can see me in the light. Light. Light like a feather. Feather.... golden feather..." Instantly her eyes widened even more. Did she still have his feather? Panic took its hold. Had these crazy voices stolen her feather? It had been all she had left these past months - the one reminder to cling to some kind of sanity. She stumbles a step away before spinning in a circle, head whipped around and then going the other direction until she catches sight of his golden feather in her tail.

A sigh of relief escapes her mouth. "Still there... the feather. Father. Father can't fathom emotion... Father won't be quiet. Quiet like a mouse. Mice... Midas... Might Midas... I trust him, I might even lo-... Will he forgive me? Might Midas forgive me?" she shakes her head - mind going in too many directions at once. The emotions, they are everywhere at once. Her mind replaying all her contacts with Midas. Her heart racing, pounding, breaking. Emotions finally colour each scene, and she wants to stab herself for not realizing sooner that she actually cared for that painted stag. Part of her realizes he is right beside her, but the other part barely even recognizes the fact that all four of her glass hooves are planted on the ground. She was starting to fight... She was trying to come back for him, if nothing else. But it was difficult... so difficult. Dammit. Seele. Tell him! Just tell him! "The voices won't stop! Make them stop!" she sobs, inching back toward his side, toward the little darkness it dared to offer. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." And then, her voice slowly began to die off, apologies continue to ramble until sound no longer reached the air. Even then, they continued to ramble in her head.

She was a failure.

credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

"Fina," I whispered, tone is hauntingly quiet and strained with dread, "Find a medic, I beg ye. Find one now." Onni, those soft eyes come forward in my mind. Her words of wisdom echo to life, "Flesh can be sewn back together, but a fractured mind can't be repaired with magic." The phoenix sprang from my rear, soaring with all speed toward the cliffs and beyond.

I watched, horrifically helpless as Seele spun round and round. The muscles in my neck flexed, starting to stretch. Already shifting as an edgy parent might, to cushion her should those thin legs give way. "Seele..." Panic, there are true notes of it in my tone. The masked girl must not see it. My name is on her lips, mostly as ramble that jumbles into broken sentences, before pleading forgiveness.

My throat tightens, making words soft and forced, "please..." Why was I pleading as well? Ivory feathers rise, extending from my barrel. She rambles about voices, my ears drift up from their flattened position, "Voices?" It was silent, save for her pained cries, "what voices?" There is obvious strain, obvious notes of panic and confusion. What had done this? Who?

I pull forward, attempting to slide beside her quaking frame. The ivory, gold pinions closest to her body rise high above and around. Attempting to draw the frantic girl to me. To offer a solid line that she'd might tether herself. Warmth as well, if Seele wasn't already in shock...keeping her flesh warm would be a priority.

The snow is falling thicker now.

Carefully I call upon my power, summoning golden granules from earth to surrounded us from above. Shielding our bodies from the cold breeze and snow, nearly as effective as a well endowed evergreen would. "Shhh," I murmured as she sobbed another frantic rush of apologizes, "try to take a breath." I also drew in a sharp whiff of cold air, it served to steady my nerves, "feel me beside ye."

Crown swivels to her head, attempting to catch those wild eyes and lock them within me, "I'm real. I'm here. Those voices, let them fade; look to me." 'Fina,' I prayed, 'please.' For the love of Earth...hurry. My heart is racing.
credits

Abba
Her name reached her ears, breaking through the insanity just enough to get her to think of things actually around her. But then he is saying please.His wings raise as she careens back toward his side, back toward the little darkness that was offered. He asked what voices, and she shudders, eyes squeezing shut. The warmth from his body as he presses up against her allows her orbs to slowly open once more and taking in the lines of gold which are wrapping around and protecting the two of them from the cold.

Sweet murmurs of nothing reached her ears as she continued to take shuddering breaths, trying her hardest to listen to him, and to the comforting sound of his voice. The panic, the uncertainty. She was killing him on the inside by looking like this. STOP IT Schwere grumbled, already annoyed at how weak Seele was. I couldn't stop him, though, I didn't have the energy for it anymore - not with me already having to fight to keep these other voices at bay for my own daughter's sake.

Her eyes met his, locking on them. "Midas... you're here." For now, at least, her symptoms had subsided. But the voices weren't necessarily gone. There were so many of them around it was nearly impossible. "They never fade... they won't fade... They've always been here," she whispers, yellow eyes clouded in a haze of fear (something completely foreign to her). Her sides are heaving as she takes in uncertain breaths. "They want me to die. They want me to kill." Instantly, her head drops, "They don't want me to feel anymore... But I finally am and I want to keep feeling," she whimpered, at the last second allowing her eyes to shoot back up and search for his gaze - a longing inside of them.

Now, all that was left of the circles and random words was the tremors of her frame attempting to stay warm in the cold. "Midas, I'm sorry I left the Falls... that I left you,"

Could he even understand?
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

She doesn't shy from my embrace, I pull her close until our sides are fleshed together. Fur rubs fur, but there is no pleasure in holding this fragile body against mine. Nar, not with those eyes wild and uncertain. Pained. Her flesh is weak, malnourished to an extreme. It didn't look like she'd eaten for weeks, and with frostfall laying hard upon the land--true nourishment was hard to come by. Gangly roots and winter wheat hardly offered anything to put on weight.

I could feel every rib and bone along her barrel. Ah Seele. She locks eyes with me, I hold them steady and will that her mind returns. Please return.

Those pools clear and sharpen slightly. Her words are no longer jumbled together and random. Seele is herself for the moment, I should feel some amount of joy for this mini victory... But all I feel is sick with concern, and fear that she'd suddenly lose reason again.

Voices. That don't stop? Brows furrow, an outward sign of befuddlement. I want to say something to her, shine a light that offered untapped wisdom. Yar, all I could do was listen as she revealed they (the voices) desired to take life and cause harm.

She's apologizing for leaving. I pull her closer, holding that lean body tightly. Nostrils flare. I pull a sharp breath and savor the musky but tainted flavor of my colead and dear friend, "Don't apologize. Thee is here now, ye came back. Please ," dark muzzle drifts to her neck, gently brushing the cold fur with a soft kiss, "don't apologize....just...stay."

I was so tired of my friends and family leaving, "We can fix it, there must be a way. There has to be." I'm uncertain and nearly trying to convince myself of this possibly vain hope. It was highly unlikely to convince her.

credits

Abba
He pulls her in closer. I don't think he understands how grateful I am for the stability she can cling to. It might have been this stability that allowed her sanity to begin to crawl back to the future. She talks of the voices that never stop. She explains how it all wanted her to kill, to die, to not feel.

And his brows furrow, so confused, so lost. He didn't understand. She doubted he could. But, she needed someone to know. But the confusion stops her for the moment, and instead she apologizes for leaving. She hadn't wanted to hurt them... to hurt anyone. She had thought it was safer. And then when she realized she loved him (or at least what she associated as love), she hadn't wanted to come back and hurt him even more. After all, you don't hurt those you love right?

He pulls her in tighter, though, and says not to apologize, that she was here now. His muzzle presses against her neck and she shudders at first - not completely accustomed to touch after hiding for so long. But, after a second she tries to lean into it, to keep the touch there. Her head drops, trying to rest her maw against his breast and to feel the strength that radiated from him.

Midas claims that they can fix this, that they can stop the voices. "You can't... we can't..." she whispers, voice carrying notes of despair. "I've had them as long as I can remember it's just... they've gotten worse," Her eyes squeeze shut as she tries so hard to match her breathing with his - to keep herself stable in the world. "I started to feel and it got worse... I had to leave. I thought it would only be for a day... maybe a week at max... But it kept getting worse. I couldn't hurt anyone... I couldn't let myself do it to the innocents," her speech was starting to mumble again, but her mind was still relatively clear. She was not mixing words up, not yet. Though she knew, given the right amount of time, she would start to relapse. Her symptoms would come back. She wouldn't be able to stop them. I wouldn't be able to keep the voices at bay... that much I knew for sure.

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

I could feel her despair, or was it my own? That soft, yet luring voice who hums a song of anguish. Seele doesn't believe she can be fixed, and there is still no sight of Fina or a Medic. What's taking them? I wonder. "Earth," voice murmurs with more confidence than I felt, "He is powerful, he's a creator." If the patron of hidden falls could create Helovia and all we see--surely he could mend a fractured mind.

"We will try to summon him," nar, we will summon him. That masked head is against my breast. I carefully lower my own and push it toward her thin neck. Hold on Seele. "Just hold fast as ye are now." If she would just stay as she was, sane. I could get us to the pool somehow, his place of prayer and this would be mended. Like a bad dream, we'd both wake from the nightmare and reach for a dawn. My mind was already starting to form a complex plan that would result in us getting into the falls tonight. So like me to try and fix something that seemed hopeless, never giving in till the last possible solution had been exhausted.

What choice did I have? Did Seele believe I'd just let her keep wandering the forest? Starve to death, or aimlessly stumble off an overhang while she battled her mind and rambled with those voices. Nar, what other choice did we have? But to try. "Can ye walk?" My words are encouraging, but fearful that my pressings would fail.

credits

Abba
Earth. He talks of the God who had created all of this, spent so much time and effort to even make these lands. As if he would really care. As if he would spend his time to fix someone who carried dark magic. But he seems to be confident. I can't believe, though, that someone could fix these dark corners of her mind. If they fixed it then I would be cast out, Schwere would be cast out. Unheil and Liebling would be cast out. She would be empty and it wouldn't be right.

I push her, I push her to speak, but she can't, not yet. She's encased in the warmth he offers, the warmth her body cannot hold with the little amount of fat that is still on her body. It was a caring touch, and she just wanted to stay right there. He tells her to hold on, as if he knows that her mind could crash away at any second.

Still, I prod her to speak. I prod her to actually do something. "Midas... there is no fix... no fix without taking out me." she murmurs. Her head lifts as he asks if she could walk. Desperation flickers across them - but not desperation for the insanity to stop, to go away. No. It was desperation to keep these lucid moments with him. To just be there... to not get into some twisted world again.

"I can walk." She could walk in circles. She could jump. She could run. But she couldn't find a way to stay sane.

And slowly, the haze began to drift back into her eyes. "But am I really worth this fight?" a sadness and loss of hope was all that was left in her. She would stay... for as long as she could stay lucid... as long as she could relish the moments... until she had to say goodbye.

Goodbye, that is, for the last time.

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

She didn't comprehend there was hope, or at least not in a way that satisfied the fear that is alive in my belly. Nar, tis was obvious by her tone, Seele didn't expect to ever be repaired and automatically assumed she'd always be fractured. Did the girl really see those voices as some part of her and not in the imagination as a fixable affliction? What did she mean there was no way to silence them without utter distortion of the host. Am I wrong, are they truly part of who she was?

The queen of the falls asks if her life is worth it. If the situation had been different I might have nipped at her coal colored ears for even thinking such unappealing notions. But as it was, I just forced a smile and pushed my lips toward her cheek. "Ye is worth fighting for, living for." Don't ever believe differently. To bad my gaze fell and missed the hazy expression that was sliding across her stare.

"Let's go in," I whispered tenderly, "tis time ye came home." She could walk, and I would guard those steps. We'd travel to his pool for answers despite her disapproval. I wasn't willing to let this rest, it simply went against the fabric of my soul.

"How can I aid ye?" Perhaps she might shed some of my sicking dread by giving me purpose. So long as that task was keeping me within wing tip reach. Just don't tell me to give in, because I won't. I can't. Let me fight for you.

credits

Abba
She asked if she even deserved this, if she deserved a chance to be saved. She was haunted by the voices of those she had killed or those who had died for her, because of her. They were there to remind her to not hurt the innocents. They were there to remind her to fight for them instead. These voices had warped her into who she was.

His maw presses up against her cheek, and yellow orbs fall shut as his words reach her ears which have fallen lopsidedly in resignation. Eyes flickered open again, however, a second later to reveal the haziness which had clawed its way back in. "T-thank you," she mutters, glad to know that someone is there who might understand.

He changes the subject, though, and tries to usher her into the Falls again. Was it really safe? To put someone who had literally snapped in the middle of a herd that should be protected? However, she doesn't fight. She doesn't have the will to fight him and the voices that were eating away at her mind. So, she starts to move with him, carefully placing her glass hooves step above step until she gets down into the center of the herd land.

Midas asks how he can aid her, though, and with the last shred of sanity she says, "Don't beg to fix something that gets better with time... I just need strength," a cough stops her, the cold air hurting her lungs as she stumbles back into the shadows, body pressing up against a tree to keep herself from completely collapsing.

The darkness shrouds her again, and exhaustion starts to finally settle in. With that exhaustion, however, comes the jumble of words with an intense meaning that just had to be dissected. "I just need to sleep. Sleep for the weary. Weary... worry. Worry too much about me. Me... mine... my. My soul hurts. Hurts with hate. Hate leaving. Leaving before I knew what love was..." she pauses, shaking her head and knowing that she is drifting from the prodding that I have been giving her to pull her back. "I learned how to feel..." Another cough, and then a wince.

Let him help you. Let him help you so you are no longer such a disgrace... Schwere scoffs. But she clings to the feelings. She's afraid that she'll die tonight... before she find a way to explain to Midas that she found out what love was because of him. "Just... stay with me. Please... let me hide in the shadows and stay... if they can't find me they can't hurt me... they can't hurt us..."

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Strength? Her statement helped misguide and confirm my hope that this 'attack,' was temporary and Seele would soon be back to her normal self. She started to walk toward our home with me close to heel; it wasn't four paces in when she stumbled and my sand magic rushed, flinging below her. Gliding smooth beneath her belly to catch or buffer a fall. Luckily my sister and friend didn't topple.

That malnourish frame brushed against a tree for support. I pulled forward to come flush beside her, offering myself as a second brace by pressing against her barrel. Those words are beginning to jumble again, she rambled. "Seele?" I pressed, wondering if she'd still understand.

Somehow my dear colead had relapsed.

Energy, she'd said. Food provided strength for our bodies. If I could get her to eat something, perhaps that would be enough to restore her mind once more. "I'm not leaving ye, just hold true a moment."

My frame reluctantly turned toward a small clusters trees that are bare of their leaves. Jutting below the trunk was a thick bundle of winter grass. I pawed the light dusting of snow from those fragile brown leaves; while uncovering the flora I talked...praying that her sanity would inch it's way back. Possibly by following the sound of my voice. "Yar, we will stay in the shadows for a little. Don't fret."

"Remember when we first came here?" I still recalled the day rather vividly, though those memories offered little comfort today, "We'd both come from the caves." Surely she'd not forgotten.

My disposition hadn't been the best that afternoon, mostly out of grief from being called from Dragons Throat. "Ye was in fine spirits if I remember. Coming home for the first time." My feet continued their work until an ample amount of stems had been uncovered. With a small measure of renewed vigor, I returned to her side and motioned toward the spot I'd cleared, "Come eat Seele."

credits

Abba
As her body started to collapse, clinging to a tree for support, Midas's sand magic sprang to life. He seemed to use it to buffer her, keeping it below her so that she didn't stumble unnecessarily and collapse, breaking something. His body came next, pressing up against her barrel as another leg of support. She clings to this, allowing a little bit of her weight to rest upon his frame before her words start to jumble again.

Her name falls from his lips once more with a question and she can only stop her speech for a moment. Yellow eyes glance up toward him. It is with this glance, though, that she feels his frame start to move away from her. Before she could speak he told her that he was not leaving, to just wait a second. Panic, tears, too many emotions. Her heart shatters - not sure if she believes him or not. "Please, please, please," she whispers, mind rattling of all the ways he could just leave her here to rot when she had come back for him.

But, alas, he started to talk, and her mind kept relating back to him. He spoke of when they first came here, when they came from the caves. He said she had been in good spirits. She shook her head. "The darkness was and is my home. But they... they deserved for this to be their home. I couldn't feel then either... it was an act. A good act - one I'd learn to put on to seem normal... normal. That's all I wanted to be normal... and now I can feel... and everything just hurts..." Her speech was somewhat more coherent, less jumbled with loose associations. But still, it was broken in a sense.

He told her to come eat, but only after he had returned to her side. She slid forward a few steps, carefully making her way over toward the spot he had cleared. She was weak now, the fatigue finally beginning to take its toll since she had stopped fighting in order to get back here. She slowly began to eat, forcing herself to do it - not for herself, but for Midas.

She manages to eat, yes, but she couldn't keep standing. Her limbs folded without her consent and she collapsed completely into the shadows. "I came back because it wasn't home without you..." she says, quietly but hopefully loud enough that he would hear. All the while, her yellow eyes were searching to meet his gaze, to remind herself that she wasn't alone.

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

If I'd truly known how lost she was/had been, we might have done something about it together. Found a way to turn this tide, prevent this from happening. Was her affliction somehow my fault for not being more attentive? For being selfish of desires, concerns. I'd been totally blind to someone in need and that person had stood before me day by day. Spoke to me, became somebody precious in my life.

Even as she ate I clawed violently toward hope, which was now an elusive butterfly whose wings were made of dust. A simple breath would stir the air and shatter it to the four winds.

She folded to the ground, I silently followed, lowered with her and spread the closest wing across her bony body. To late, reality and commoner sense hummed to me. But the vainful child in my soul screeched in frustration and would have none of those false ideals that weren't helpful to either of us.

"I'm glad ye came back," I replied quietly to her soft spoken words, "We will continue to make this our home. Until we be old and grey." Why didn't she seem to be getting stronger? Mayhaps she just needed rest, to sleep for a little. Hide from those voices for a short time. "Rest, save ye strength." Your going to be fine, played in my mind like a record set to repeat. As I was watching her fade before my eyes. Parts of my soul was growing dark. Crown slowly slipped up and above her neckline. Cradling as best I could.

"Save her." I whispered, knowing perfectly well the laws of my father and earth. "I'll pay the price, however steep." Words are now soundless, it is just my lips which move in prayer, "I cry don't forsake me in this"

Would he respond on this cold, dark night?

credits

Abba
As she collapsed to the ground, so did his body. The warmth was overwhelming and so welcoming. Her frame couldn't hold the warmth that it created, though, as the cold air seeped right through her coat and ended up in her bones. Shivering, she tried to cling to his frame, curling up underneath his wing and trying so desperately to attach herself to the one thing in this world she knew wouldn't cast a judgement upon her broken state. The one person she could fall apart with and not be seen as weak and useless.

He says she is glad she came back and the smallest twitch of her lips creates a smile. "I'm glad you were still here..." she whispers, eyes beginning to twitch shut as she continues to shudder. He tells her to rest, to save her strength and unfortunately she cannot help but to agree. She know she needs to sleep, but her heart hurts knowing that sleeping only wastes the time she has with him.

So, as his head cradles her frame she buries her head near his chest, wrapping herself as close as she could to the warmth, to the safety he provided. A few moments of silence before she murmurs. "I love you," And then, she drifts off into a sleep she didn't think was possible. Really, it wouldn't have been possible had I not been forcing these voices away, doing all that I could with Scwhere, Unheil, and Liebling to keep them at bay and allow her to gain more strength. Everyone wanted a piece of her when there was nothing left of her to give.

She didn't hear his plea to the Gods. And if she had, she wasn't sure it would have changed anything. It didn't matter. She had here and now. She got to rest in complete darkness and be surrounded in warmth - something she had never thought to be possible. And Midas... Midas was making it just that.

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Her words bounce back and forth in my skull. I'd not had someone, lest not a women that wasn't related by blood tell me they loved me. Surely, I figured it was her horrid affliction which schooled those words from her lips. Likely without the masked one knowing what she said. I was silent for a moment, though still cradling that desperate soul which had fallen blissfully quiet. Asleep.

Aye, my heart throbbed not with joy for finally finding someone who was willing to care and admit it... instead I felt immense sadness, because our time thus far had been short. I'd not even had the chance to court her properly. Though this situation wasn't about my personal emotions, yar, I wasn't sure how this soul felt. But say true I wouldn't let Seele go unanswered, not when she was as sick as this and as desperate as we both felt. Helpless, my lips moved quietly and softly against her ear I whispered, "and I love ye." She probably didn't hear.

My reply wasn't a lie. Nay, there was a slice of me that cared deeply for her. As a sister, friend, partner, and guide. We'd not got the chance to develop further yet. Perhaps, with a little time...there was that sickness in my gut again. It clawed at my heart and urged me to see reality. The fragile creature that was shadowed beneath my wing was drawing shallow breaths. What more could be done? What else could I do?

credits