the Rift

[PRIVATE] Been Asleep For So Long

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
there's nothing left to say now

At the base of the summit is where he feels smallest. The force of his responsibilities weighing down on him, and the height of the mountainous hill suddenly forces him to a standstill. His shoulders are weary with work, but it is his spirit that has suffered the most. Worn and ragged, the excitement of life had dulled in his seasons as King. Where had the time gone? Where had his spark disappeared to? It surely had to remain, somewhere in the recesses of his soul. Buried beneath the rubble of duties and worry, perhaps, but hopefully still alive. How was he to search it out, though? Even standing there, dwarfed even in his massive form beneath the shadows of the god's creation, he was merely playing out a role. Patrol, of course. The only escape from the borders he had, ones he rarely left, fearing the moment he strayed disaster would strike.

Gossamer clouds gathered round the sound of his sigh, clinging to his lightly whiskered face in the moonlight. Silvery rays illuminating further the sign of winter at his exhalation. In that moment he felt completely alone. But it was a freeing feeling, and as he stared up into the clouds, the tip of the earth shrouded from view...there was a sudden determination to fix what had clearly gone wrong to have turned him so far from the path of his true self. Made him lose sight of himself, his real priorities.

In a mighty sweep he turns to cast his head beyond his shoulder, and in his wake he finds her. One of the few he can converse with freely, the one who had helped him shift free of the burdens when he had first fitted the unseen crown round his ears. Cheveyo's painted form moved through the thick snow at the base of the hill, but Kaj turned to her and began to stride back through his own marks left in the snow. Wings flaring in open invitation. A loose, boyish smile curling on his lips as majestic gait became a prance, slushing the snow shamelessly. A sparkle of challenge lighting up his previously deadened expression.

"Care for a race?"

@[Cheveyo]

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO
don't get to close, it's dark inside

It was strange how peaceful the lands of Helovia seemed considering there was a murderer on the loose, destroying the lives of the peaceful inhabitants with the killings of innocent souls. But it was nice, so wonderfully nice to not have to worry about some other herd traipsing into the broken borders and staking claim among the many peace loving individuals who thrived within the shattered walls. Chestnut harks swiveled forwards as I watched my patrol partner for the day trudge through the thick snow that covered the lands like a heavy downy comforter. For a moment, I felt bad for making the Stormbringer have to walk, since I was born without the wonderful appendages that sprouted from his thick, muscular shoulders.
But the feeling of guilt didn't last long, if he were down here that meant we could carry on conversations that seemed to come so easy between the two of us. Since my dearest friend, Alleo, had decided to remain in the herd that was once the wonderful Foothills, it had been a struggle to find a good balanced friendship where I wasn't expected to explain the reasoning behind my aloofness. A smile tugged at the corners of my rosy lips as I watched the golden stallion turn and head back in my direction, his wings spread outwards as if inviting me in, but the look in his eyes telling me this was no time for intimacy or cuddling. The light that shone bright through his icy blue eyes was something you would expect to see on a yearling who had just done something wrong that he was proud of rather than on a grown stallion with a crown settled pretty on his skull.
"Care for a race?"
A wide grin split my white washed features as I leapt forward without a word, hitting the ground hard enough to cause a spray of snow to cascade over the winged King. Peals of laughter bubbled forward into clouds of steam in the cold air around us, surely I wasn't getting away with turning Kaj into a snowman, but I also didn't intend on allowing the stallion to catch me off guard. With an amused smirk I turned ever so slightly and trotted through the knee high snow away from Kaj, looking over my shoulder briefly to prepare myself for whatever repercussions were coming my way.

"blah blah blah."
Tag:: @[Kaj]
Words:: 398
OOC:: <3 <3

Image by The-Ripple-Effect @ DA

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

KAJ

Like a sudden flare of a match bursting into existence, a smile brightens her face, luminous and attractive. Then she explodes into motion, a bullet of excitement zinging into the air as she leaps for him, snow sprouting as if conjured from her very hooves. It is fluffy and delightful, if masochistically cold; in moments it is descending upon him, and he gives an awkward squawk that mingles into a deep, boisterous laugh. Snow coats and melts upon his spine and the flat tops of his wings, and he peers beneath frosted lashes to watch her dance away from him on strong, graceful legs. His grin splits his face ever wider, mischief dancing in pale blue gems. "I'll get you for that," he chuckled, shaking himself like a massive golden retriever, sending the snow flying with a snap of his wings.

Not giving her time to react or rest, he coiled his hindquarters and lunged for her swaying frame, grin devilish. She had the advantage of speed and agility, but his wings were more than capable of aiding his heavy frame. Wings flared in a playful show of dominance, neck lowering and snaking in a herding motion, excitement thrumming in his very bones. Aiming to bump his bare forehead against her flank, he quickly retreated, lurching over the snow. He does not slow as she did, a challenge clear in the set of his brow and the taunt he throws over his shoulder. "Think you can keep up?" It swirls into the air like the crystalline flakes around them, coating and clinging to the locks of his mane and tail. Outlining each feather in ivory that melts away quickly.

Hoping she is close in pursuit he crow hops, thrusting the snow right back at her as payback for her previous dousing. His laughter is deep, rolling over the snow like a summer thunder storm. Practically glowing from within, enjoying the peace and playfulness that he could experience with so few. He is a candle, burning bright and fierce, aided by the zephyr of her nature.

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO
don't get to close, it's dark inside

As soon as the tidal wave of snow crashed over the Stormbringer's tall body his deep, baritone of a laugh mixed in wonderfully with the chime-like, oddly feminine laughter that escaped me as soon as my yellow painted hooves sank into the soft powder. "I'll get you for that," the amusement and laughter weaved and danced it's way through his lyrics and the frosty air as I tossed my blonde tresses into the air in a showy attempt to get away from the stallion before retaliation came to bite me in the rear end. I knew I wouldn't get far, but at least I had gotten far enough away to not be covered in the snow that had been cast away by the buckskin when he shook like a giant canine. Another peal of laughter escaped from between slightly parted rosy lips while I looked over my shoulder at the shaking beast. It was nice to see that such a brave, strong, admirable stallion had such a soft, easy going side from time to time.
A soft gasp escaped me when the Stormbringer leapt forward with agility that was surprising of one as large as himself. But then after sparring with the Dauntless, I shouldn't be shocked by any of these large animals being able to move with the grace and agility of a desert bred. Suddenly his wings were spread out, but I was no longer looking back to admire Kaj and all of his glory, I was too busy stretching my limbs to their full extent in attempts to get a good enough headstart that the larger creature wouldn't be able to catch me as easily as I feared he would.
It seemed my speeding up had happened too late in the game and my admiration of the stallion's form had already came back to bite me in the ass as he passed me in a golden blur, his words were nearly caught up in the wind created by his own body. "Think you can keep up?" The gentle challenge was so evident in his tone as he leapt forward just enough that he was about half a horse length ahead before his frame was suddenly directly in front of me.
Deep, thunderous laughter filled the air around us as a wall of snow came crashing down upon me, thanks to the crow hopping bird who was in front of me. A snort blew through my paper thins as I shook my white washed skull ever so slightly to remove the snow that had decided to pile up between my ears, with all of the shaking I could still tell that snow was clinging to each blonde strand of tangled hair and to each individual white eyelash. I probably looked ridiculously sparkly and like some kind of tree ornament standing here rather than a newly named captain of a herd. Regardless, I couldn't help but laugh at the sight I must be as I cantered to catch up to the buckskin bird, hip checking him as I moved past him in hopes he would stumble or do something that would be worth laughing at again.
It seemed I quite liked his laugh.

"blah blah blah."
Tag:: Kaj bb<3
Words:: 537
OOC:: <3 <3

Image by The-Ripple-Effect @ DA

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

KAJ

They are helpless to the other's antics, dancing about and kicking up snow like frisky yearlings. Of course, they are far from that age of youth and innocence, but Kaj reveled in the experience nonetheless. Chasing after the playful Captain, grinning as she gasped, gossamer threads of clashing temperature lingering near her muzzle. Her laughter was a ringing, clear sound. Bells on a summer breeze, wind chimes and hummingbird wings. Kaj respected so much about her, from her modest, composed nature to the way she didn't mind gallivanting with her King like they were foals. She had Kahlua's joy and Evangeline's patience and wisdom. Kaj couldn't have asked for a better friend and companion, and as he showered her in snow he realized that he didn't feel so troubled. As if she had simply walked up and brushed it away as easily as the frozen flakes, casting all his trouble off with a simple stare. It was exhilarating.

As he reclined his head and arched his neck over one powerful shoulder to gaze upon her, his eyes widened and the breath from his lungs was stolen in an entirely unfair way. Tiny, crystallized flakes were glittering through her wavy golden hair, clinging to her lashes as they framed the amused coral gems that blinked back at him from a face as pale and beautiful as the scenery around them. Guilt temporarily washed over him, remembering Kahlua and Evangeline. But they were not his, and he was not theirs. Kahlua had left him with a broken heart, one that Evangeline likely couldn't fill with her own tentative feelings. Even so he felt guilty, he was far too loyal, even in situations where emotional attachment was only hesitant. But who was to say that anything was permanent or secure? He had so much love to give, and one of the reasons why he was so stressed was because he'd been pining over beautiful mares he could never hope to mate with.

Maybe Cheveyo could wash away that stress, too, with her glowing smile. It seemed nothing was out of her reach when it came to lifting Kaj's spirits.

She was a vision, and a distracting one at that. She easily caught up, her hip bumping into his side and causing him to stumble. Laughter tumbled, surprised and joyous, from pale golden lips. He chased after her, hooves thundering and breath ghosting in happy panting puffs. Reaching for her mane, he playfully nipped and lipped at the strands, hoping to pull them gently. Crowding in on her, until their heat magnified and melted the stubborn remaining flakes on his body. Kaj jutted his muzzle towards the delicate arch of her neck, smirking mischievously down at her as long legs kept pace with her small, slim body.

@[Cheveyo]

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!