the Rift

[PRIVATE] I've been gone for so long....

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
And how I've missed you...

The winds are howling, crying to the sun, or the moon, whichever is peering down at the earth with watery eyes. They call those who wander, they call those who are lost, they even call the ones who have no name. They carry stories too, ancient and new, fresh gossip, or tales of old. Some stories are preserved in their grasp. When these stories disappear from the face of the earth, they are cherished in the hearts of the wild winds. The thing is, there are very few who listen.

I walk slowly, my back to these exact winds. Flecks of white dapple my back before being swept away, and they get caught in the length of my ebony locks. The ground is awkward and uneven, and I stumble every now and then as I trudge through the snow. I've never known winter like this. The snow layers the ground, rather thick, and the white substance cracks and breaks under my weight. A sigh slips through my grey nostrils; I'm almost at the treeline. The cold has reaped the trees of their greenery, leaving them saddened and bent to the wind, but they still provide shelter, none the less.

The winds are settling, and the snow stops drifting down from the vast grey of the sky. It should be alright now, and I bring myself to a standstill next to a large oak, still standing proud. I don't know why I'm up here, honestly.

The falls just get a little lonely sometimes. Another sigh heaves my barrel. Company is not hard to find, good company is a little harder, but to find a friend, that is what my heart yearns for. Someone to learn from, and teach sometimes, someone to laugh with and brave the cold winter nights. Someone that I can flee to when danger looms, and someone I can protect when they are in fear. But, a friend is hard to find.

The only thing left from the icy winds is a gentle breeze now, and I hang my head and shift my weight. And so I stand there, resting, for I am a bit tired, and a little sad. But most of all, I'm a little lonely.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Miykael]
Notes;; Sorry, this is overdue :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Lonely hearts cry out for each other, yearning and pleading, across great distances and sometimes even close to home. He had clung to Alysanne, of that there was no doubt, but in doing so he had sheltered himself from anyone and everyone else. Aside from her, he had his beloved companion and few acquaintances. Friends are extremely difficult to come by, especially when one isn't really searching. When it became perfectly clear that Aly would never see him as anything deeper than a brother, something in him changed. His heart began to yearn for companionship elsewhere. He would always love her, in ways that would never be reciprocated, and he could neither help nor alter those feelings. They just exist. But they no longer satisfy him the way they used to.

Having resigned himself to never finding the kind of love and partnership that his parents have, hope for something completely different began to surface. Hope for a friend to talk to and laugh with; without the burden of unrequited love weighing one (or both) down. Having already experienced such pains, he refused to go through that again. Refused, perhaps, to ever love again. Once the sun was high in the sky, situated comfortably amongst the cloudless blue, he tucked his wings to help shield against the wind and shifts into a steady trot heading east. The night dark bird, his beloved Eliana, follows overhead - the silver flecks sparkling beneath the bright sunshine.

His dark hooves crunch through the snow with relative ease; he had grown accustomed to winters like this over the years. Having no particular destination in mind, he simply followed his and Eliana's whim or perhaps the winter winds told him where to go. Whatever the case may be, he found himself climbing upwards. He is heading straight for the golden fields near the Foothills. The last time he had been in the Heavenly Fields, he had found Parelia severely wounded. At the time, he hadn't had his healing magic but he didn't leave her side. Even though that particular visit ended well, he sincerely hoped he wouldn't discover anyone else potentially bleeding to death. With a soft, almost nervous, sigh he weaves through the trees and makes his way higher.

Soon the trees begin to thin, allowing Eliana to fly lower. The dark zephyr sees the figure by the large, leafless oak tree before he did. She coos softly to him, her silver eyes softening. The stranger, Eliana thought, looked lonely. Flying back to circle her companion once, she then leads the way to the large oak tree where she lands and settles herself in amongst the thick branches. Miykael slows to a careful walk as he nears the tree, approaching cautiously with the intent to avoid startling the other. He slows to a stop several feet or so from her - for he could see now that the figure is a mare - and whickers warmly in greeting. "Care for some company?" he asks, pausing just long enough for his bright blue eyes to meet her eyes. "I'm Miykael and that's Eliana." he offers, bumping his nose upwards, briefly, in the direction of the dark bird. His voice is deep but warm and friendly. Deep in his eyes, however, his loneliness is clear.

@[Kirah]

you tried hiding another you,
but your evil was coming through

image by sara vay at flickr
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Unregistered

I smell him coming before I catch sight of him. I lift my head and peek around the tree trunk. I do not recognize his smell, or his face. He must be from the other territories. I prick my ears as he comes closer, their soft grey tips reaching towards the sky which has now cleared. The sun shines down, but it brings no warmth. It is too cold outside, and perhaps inside. The snow melts ever so slowly, and droplets begin to drip down my barrel as my body begins to regain heat.

The stallion is large, taller than myself. Taller than most really. He seems older than me too. The last difference between us would be his large, feathered wings, tucked into his sides. His coat is like that of faded gold, if gold fades. His eyes are a soft, warm brown, matching my own; kind and soft. A black bird-like creature lands in the barren tree, and I wonder if it is his.

I take a tentative step forward and nicker in greeting, reaching my nose in hopes that this stranger will return my greeting. I swish my tail in happiness of finding company. It seems he seeks a friend too, for he asks if I do seek company.

"Some company would be lovely!" I say happily. He introduces himself as Miykael, and confirms the bird is his. I laugh softly. "What draws you out on such a day? The weather is not the best, well, it wasn't anyway," I ask curiously.

But when I look into his eyes, patiently waiting for a reply, there is something wrong. Beneath the kindness, there is something else. It seems he is lonely.

"It seems that lonely souls find each other, huh?" I half-ask, in a much more serious tone.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Miykael]
Notes;; Last post before the move :D. Wish me luck XD

Outcast

The day remained cold, despite the clouds clearing and leaving the sun to dominate the bright blue sky. What is welcomed, however, is the softening winds - waning and leaving the day just a bit more pleasant than it had been only moments ago. He couldn't help but to find little joy in the change. Hugging his sides with his massive wings, he fights against the chill threatening to take over him - an imagined chill threatening to freeze his soul and hardened his heart. The heavenly fields, a place that reminds him of where he was born, he hopes will provide a distraction regardless of how brief. But once the white mare with the black mane and tail is within his sights, he nearly stops cold.

Alysanne's face charges to the forefront of his thoughts, blocking his mind and causing his heart to painfully skip a beat. The similarities between the two are so few - Alysanne has black spots and wings and vivid green eyes - but apparently white and black together on a female is an instant reminder of her. It isn't until he has finally approached the mare that he is able to shake her from his thoughts. This mare is very different. She is white, except for the black stripes on her sides, her eyes are a pleasant shade of dark brown and her build is completely different from Aly's. Instead of wings, the mare has horns coming out of her shoulders. Miykael can't help but to smile softly. Perhaps it is due to the relief of finding some company or maybe it is because she no longer reminded him of Aly. Fortunately, she could only assume the first.

He steps nearer to her, reaching out with the intent of touching his nose to hers in a brief but friendly greeting. A soft coo escapes Eliana's beak and the small zephyr drifts down to nestle herself on his shoulders. The zephyr's soft, silvery eyes watch the mare curiously causing Miykael to chuckle lightly. "She is curious about your horns." he states, allowing the smile to reach his blue eyes. "She hasn't seen any quite like that." His amusement causes Eliana to ruffle her feathers and glare her embarrassment into the back of his head. Ignoring her, in the most loving way possible, he shifts his attention back to the mare in time to catch her question. "I needed to get away..." he begins, silently adding from someone, "What about you? What brings you up here alone?"

It is in that moment, though, that their eyes lock. Understanding is as clear in her eyes as it is in his eyes. Sighing softly, his warm breath creating soft cloud puffs that dissipate just as quickly as they are made, he moves just enough to attempt to gently touch his nose to hers. "Indeed they do." he agrees. The dunskin tobiano steps back in order to give her some more space. All the while, Eliana is fighting desperately to ignore the urge to fly over to the mare and get a closer look at her shoulder horns.

@[Kirah]
ooc: so sorry for the delay! I hope your move went well! I've recently moved myself and we're still unpacking.

you tried hiding another you,
but your evil was coming through

image by sara vay at flickr

Unregistered

A soft call draws my attention to above, where a winged creature delicately drifts down to nestle upon Miykael's shoulders. The thought brings me to realise I have not introduced myself yet. Suddenly I feel flustered and embarrassed at the thought. "Oh, how rude of me; I've forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Kirah," I quickly state. I prick my ears to catch his words, soft and kind. Ah, my horns, of course. Not a meeting goes by without someone either asking about them or looking at me weirdly. It doesn't bother me however, it never has.

Unsure how to respond, I chuckle lightly along with him. "Yes. they are a bit different aren't they?" I say and smile warmly. He speaks again, answering my earlier question. Needed to get away? I can't help but notice how his mind seems to drift off quite frequently. Who or what has him under a spell? Maybe he is just distracted by nature...

"I guess it's for the same reason; I needed to get away. The heavenly fields is my favourite place for escape," I say. He meets my gaze, and then moves to touch his nose against my own. I return the gesture and when he steps back, I gaze into the distance, looking at some invisible point on the horizon.

I face him again before smiling and peering at his little creature. "She is quite beautiful, and Eliana is such a suiting name. Were you born here?" I ask, truly curious. Maybe I could learn something from this kind stranger that feels so much like a friend, but friends are hard to find...

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Miykael]
Notes;; I hope your move went well! Moving sucks :/. I think I screwed the timeline up in this post, so sorry about that XD. -sorry for taking so long-

Outcast

Miykael the Angel

and, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

When she introduces herself, he dips his head slightly and gently. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kirah." For a moment, an awkward silence envelopes them. "Oh! I beg your pardon, miss." he exclaims rather sheepishly, his baby blues lighting up with a smile. Had it been possible, he might have blushed but instead he simply shifts his position slightly before he returns his gaze to her. "They're beautiful." he adds earnestly, his deep voice warm and comforting. Eliana coos softly in agreement, her silver eyes watching the mare with decided interest.

Miykael quickly moves on, hoping to shift the conversation to salvage any potential friendship. The stallion listens carefully when she speaks, keeping his focus on her. "The heavenly fields is a beautiful escape." he agrees, nodding his head just enough to make his forelock shift on his forehead. "It reminds me of my home; of where I was born. What is it that draws you here?" he asks curiously. Clearly she came here today to escape but why here of all the places in Helovia? Miykael's warmth and smile never fade and for the first time in years, his mind is clear - empty of his usual thoughts of Alysanne. maybe, just maybe, he could move on and forget her after all.

As the sun begins to set, it lights the sky ablaze in shades of red, orange, and yellow. Somehow the Heavenly Fields become more heavenly. As she shifts her gaze to the horizon, so does he. The only exception being that his baby blues focus upwards on the blazing heavens. Sighing softly, he returns his attention to Kirah just before she begins to speak. Her smile is gentle and kind but soon she is peering over his shoulder at Eliana. The night-dark bird simply peers back, her silver eyes gleaming with her curious nature. 'She thinks you're beautiful, Ellie.' he whispers from his mind into his companion's. The small bird stands a little taller then, doing her best to look regal. The inflation in her confidence causes Miykael to chuckle softly.

Kirah's question lingers only a moment before he answers, "No." he adds simply then pauses for a moment. "I was born a long way from here and a long time ago. It's...it's difficult to explain really but I'm much, much older than I look." the last bit is said with a huge grin on his face. "I can tell you, if you'd like." he adds softly, his grin fading down to a gentle smile. "What about you? Were you born here?" he asks, his blue eyes searching her face for any signs of fear or hesitancy. He could only hope he had not frightened her away. Hell, he'd almost scared Alysanne away when he'd first met her. Was he doomed to repeat the past?

ooc: the move went fine - though we didn't move far. no worries on the delay! I'm not being all that speedy with replies either. D:
tags: Kirah
Image by Vail