the Rift

the planets last dance

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

What was I doing? Sure I knew I was in search of my homeland, Illomere, but I hadn't a clue on how to get there. It had been years since I stepped foot within its borders. It had been years since I had roamed its glowing forests that spread far and wide. It had been years since I had seen my family. Tears silently streaked down my cheeks as memories of old ricocheted against the walls of my mind. Tirelessly, they fought to escape the confines of my mind, but their attempts were futile. As my memories, they were forced to be remembered by me over and over again until the day I shall leave this plane and join the countless others who lived in the next life.

I dried my eyes and cheeks by rubbing my face upon my knees before moving into the forest before me and taking in my surroundings. Bare trees and snow covered branches were the only things that could be seen upon the horizon. As for the ground, an endless sea of frozen water calmly laid untouched, unsoiled, and glittered in the rays of light that filtered through the canopy. Though when I finally entered into the forest the demeanor seemed to change like the toss of a stone. Quick and sudden. The air became still. The soft creaking of the trees beneath the weight of the snow that I had expected wasn't there. In fact, the only audible sound within the area was the crunch of the snow beneath my own hooves. This place was eerily too quiet for my own mind. Then suddenly something caught my attention.

Why was everything seemingly darker all of a sudden?

Quickly I looked up towards the sky, my orange eyes struggling to grasp and discern the faint thin stripes of blue that seemed to hide between the thick veil of branches above me. It was still daylight out, so it couldn't have been because it was getting dark. So what was it?

While I tried to figure out why exactly, my legs still carried my lithe body deeper into this forest until I came upon a small frozen over body of water. It was only by chance that I looked into the natural mirror, but when I did my eyes grew wide. My legs stumbled as I tried to move back away from the ice, and I managed to fall to the ground while doing so. Eyes darted to and fro and my breaths became rapid and shallow as shock ran through me.

I had changed.

My body that had once flickered and glowed like a flame was no more, and most of my markings...it was almost as if they never existed. Tears threatened to spill from behind my eyelids. Quickly, I got up and ran. I didn't have any idea as to where I was running, but I ran because I didn't know what else to do. My family...how were they supposed to recognize me? They hadn't seen me since I was a yearling. And my friends back on Cimoron...would they even recognize me despite having only seen me a few months ago? Bellantine. A choked sob fought its way up my throat as I thought about the one soul that I had grown to love deeper than I had ever intended. Would he recognize me, the love of his life, or would he pass me off for somebody else if I were to ever return?

What had I done?

My body came to a stop in a small grove of large, old trees in a circular fashion. Every muscle in me trembled out of grief, out of loneliness, out of fear. Yes, fear. I hadn't a clue as to what the future would now hold, but after a few minutes of my mind scrambling thoughts together I knew two things. I couldn't go home to Illomere and I couldn't go back to Cimoron. At least, I couldn't until I somehow found a way to look like I used to once more.

I took a quick glance at my surroundings and questions coarsed through my brain. Where was I? What was this place? Were there others who lived here? And if so where were they and would they know what happened to me? None of these questions had any answers that I could give so my only hope was that a native of this land would happen to come across me in their travels. Deep inside I knew that this was probably unlikely...but it was my only chance and my only hope.

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 767
TAGGED;; nobody in particular, she'll probably either go to the falls or the throat idk which one exactly.
OOC;; nada

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Considering how Gaucho acted towards the previous recruits the black brought, he wasn't quite sure why he was back at the Threshold. He exhaled softly, watching the mist of his breath wisp up into the air. Cold. It was too damn cold here. For over an hour he'd been walking the icy forest, searching for any newcomers to Helovia. But none appeared. Which meant an hour wasted. Wonderful.

Cold and irritable, Bucephalus shook his head, mane flying before settling down the side of his neck. His gold gaze scanned the area he was in one last time, before wings unfurled to carry him away from the frigid woods and back to the warm dunes. But just as he leaned back on his hindquarters to spring into the air, but hoofsteps crunching on snow captured his attention, and he watched as a unicorn ran into the same grove he was in, although he was hidden by the shadow of a rather large tree. There was an aura of grief about her, in her eyes. Carefully he stepped forward, frowning faintly with ears pricked.

"Is something the matter? You look upset." Way to state the obvious. But the stallion was curious, and he moved a little closer to the mare, folding his half-spread wings. "My name is Bucephalus, from a herd farther south. Do you hail from one of the herds here?" Safer to ask; he was not the only one who roamed these woods in search of new recruits to the herds.

Word Count:251 Tags:@[Ayleid]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Gliding back into the threshold had not exactly been her first option after such a disappointing outcome the last couple times she had tried to accomplish anything. Having only left one darkness behind she was already walking straight into another for no reason other than something to do. While many chose to avoid lingering in areas of darkness due to the recent string of murders going on she tended to take comfort here. It had been her sanctuary in her times of need while no one else had been there for her so it only seemed natural to return to what gave you such comfort. Delicate hooves crunching on the brittle crystals she trailed on in silence listening for anyone that may happen to cross her path.

Stopping as the whisper of voices trailed along the stilled air she perked her ears forward trying to catch what she could of the conversation. Perhaps a newcomer? Intrigued by the chance to do something productive her elegant frame slipped quietly through the trees until she blue orbs caught sight of the target. Watching from the shadows for a number of minutes to see if the creature was equine, winged or other she smiled as the light rays revealed the glistening crown upon the filly's head. She couldn't very well bring home anyone unless they qualified the rather select attire. Shaking her long locks to smooth them out around her she strode forward eagerly with her mind set on her mission.

" Hello." She called in greeting pasting a warm smile to her face as she drew near the pair. Eyeing the girl with curiosity she could easily see that something was bothering her. Was it the brute that beckoned to her that was causing concern? Turning her icy gaze to the pegasus she allowed her eyes to sweep over his features only to be disappointed that he lacked a horn. "My name is Rhea, pleased to meet you both." She commented brightly before turning her head back towards the filly. " There is no need to be frightened we will not hurt you. I too am new to this land but have found many great things here as I am sure you will too with time. If you like I can show you around." She offered sweetly wanting to help the girl anyway that she could. She was willing to play tour guide if it meant that she could bring her home to the Basin. Maybe she would see the beauty there like she had. Reaching her velveteen muzzle out to the mare she hoped to try and soothe this ones worries.

•• TAGS: @[Ayleid], @[Bucephalus] •• NOTES: Sorry for kinda crappy post ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Aurora Basin Mare
Adoptable

Tears threatened to spill from behind the eyelids that held them back like a beaver's dam did water. But I didn't let them fall. No. I couldn't have anybody come across me and think that I was a blubbering idiot. Of course, it didn't really help that I didn't know where I was. This terrain was foreign to me and although I knew of and experience a few winters already, this cold was a startling one. Seconds turned into minutes and with each breath I exhaled a cloud of crystallized vapor hung in the air before me. It was almost as if it was asking...no, pleading to return to whence it came rather than suffer the glacial air and dissipate to the great unknown. Yes, this winter here was different than any I had experienced before and it only made me wonder what the natives were like. Were they nice? Were they mean? Were they small or were they giant? Or even were there any natives that lived here? I really had no knowledge, no idea what the inhabitants of this place were like if there were any and realizing this started to put me a little on edge.

My ears flicked to and fro trying to catch every sound that surrounded me. Paranoia began to bloom from its seed that was buried deep within my chest and with each passing second its grip grew stronger upon my mind. A sound of a twig snapping in one direction. The sound of snow crunching in another. A rustle of the bare tree branches opposite of the other two. I was surrounded by a cacophony of silence.

Then my ears suddenly slammed behind me at an incessant growing number of what I would guess to be footsteps in the snow. Is something the matter? You look upset, the voice behind me uttered in my direction and I spun as quick as I could to face its originator.

To my surprise, before me stood a stallion taller than myself and coal black in color with some white and gold thrown in. But that wasn't what caught me off guard. It was his wings. A pegasus? Illomere didn't have any of the sort, but when I was in Cimoron there was. Though I had never had the pleasure of meeting one as they were a bit of an elusive bunch.

“Who are you?!” I blurted out as I begin to worry a little. And why wouldn't I? I didn't know this stallion. I didn't know this place. And I sure as hell didn't completely know of this stallion's intentions despite his few but kind words of concern. Then the stallion began to move a closer to me and my muscles tensed and called out to him loud enough just for him to hear, “Don't come any closer!”

Fearful that this stallion just might be full of some sort of evil I looked to the line of trees that surrounded us and planned a possible escape route should anything go wrong. My orange eyes caught sight of a few pine trees while I was searching and I tried to remember what training I had had in Cimoron. Pine needles...was it help for illnesses or were they able to be used as a poison of sorts? When I couldn't recall its use I cursed under my breath and fell to the idea of just using a branch of needles as a way to fend off an attacker. Again that was if it came down to that.

It wasn't long until the stallion introduced himself. Bucephalus and he said that he was from a herd farther south. I felt like I winced slightly at his introduction as I had realized that my paranoia had run rampant. Hopefully Buce...Bucepah...Bucephel. A sigh escaped my lungs as I struggled over the pronunciation of his name within the confines of my mind. Hopefully he would understand my nervousness. Then my attention turned to the question he had unknowingly quipped to me. Did I honestly look like I was from one of the herds here? No, I think not.

Before I could answer Bucephalus -hey I finally got it right!- another being entered into the grove and this time it was a female. Shockingly this female also bore wings. Was this place inhabited by pegasi only? My ears tipped in the mare's direction as she spoke before I could even manage a reply to Bucephalus. She said hello with smile plastered upon her lips and then continued with her name and then moved on to reassuring me that there was no need to be frightened. She also happened to throw in a bit of a tour guide offer which honestly, I could use. Her words though helped a little but I was still wary of the both of them. I glanced back to the treeline and wondered for a second how well a pegasus could fly in this forest. Perhaps I would be able to outrun them?

No.

I figuratively shook the thought from my head, releasing its hold upon my nerves and looked from the Bucephalus to Rhea before speaking my own words for them to hear as I took a step back away from them both, “You'll have to excuse me,” I noticed that Rhea had extended out her muzzle to me as I stepped back and felt slightly guilty that I was being so cautious about them, but I had to be, “But where I previously lived, it was rather difficult to take one's words for truth and you always had to fear the evil minded.”

Once more I looked to the two of them and sighed once more. Why did trust have to be so hard to give and get on Cimoron? It was almost like I was now conditioned to be a nervous Nelly and I didn't particularly like that part of me. “So we can be on a name to name basis, my name is Ayleid,” I began a little more calmly, “Now, where exactly am I? I don't recognize any of this terrain.” I might as well start off this way. One question at a time. To start off, where was this place. Then, why do I look different. And finally did either of them know where my homeland, Illomere, was. After all, it was my end goal, but first I needed to look like myself again and for some reason I felt like that bit was going to take some unwanted time.

WORD COUNT;; 1089
TAGGED;; @[Bucephalus] , @[Rhea]
OOC;; holy moley. this turned out sooo long.

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!

Her cry startled the black, and he twitched but froze into place as she wished, eyes wide. The look of fear and distrust on her face... It was fitting. Did she know him? His gaze focused to her shoulders. No...she couldn't. She bore no wings or scars from missing wings. She was no pegasus. The realization that no, her fear was not borne out of knowledge but rather the lack of it relieved the black, and he dipped his head to her. The arrival of another winged one caught Bucephalus's attention, and he blinked at the sight of a horn gracing her brow. Gaucho had previously been the only one he'd met that was both winged and horned, and the black believed him a freak of nature. This mare just broke that conclusion. Intriguing.

"Pardons for my forwardness." He said back to the first equine, wings tucked tight against his back, warding off the chill. The black one spoke, introducing herself as Rhea and moving her muzzle in a traditional sign of greeting to the skittish one. But the latter shied away. She certainly was a...rabbit-ish one. Then she introduced herself. Ayleid... it was a name unfamiliar to the black, as were all the names in Helovia. They had such queer names.

Realizing his thoughts were wandering, and that Ayleid had asked a question, he spoke up. "You've strayed into Helovia, into a place known as the Threshold. It is where newcomers enter to join a herd or roam alone." He said, gesturing to himself and Rhea at his last sentence. "That is...a healthy fear. Sadly, no place is free of deceit, but from my experience, most of Helovia appears to be decent." Of course, he'd only sampled from the personalities from some of the herds, but it was enough for him to settle that the fouler folk were outcasts. Or so he hoped.

"I have come to try and recruit members to Dragon's Throat, as i suspect Rhea has as well. I can give you more information about my herd, if you desire. But your choice is entirely yours from here on out on where you go. You can go with me, or with Rhea, or go your own way and examine all the other herds at your own pace." He said, dipping his head to her before falling silent, gaze mildly puzzled. He still wondered why she had been so..distraught. His mind flashed to his own experience crossing into Helovia, of the shock of the silence, the terror and despair and grief. It seemed this place stripped one of what one had before in another land. It seemed...cruel.

Word Count:445 Tags:@[Ayleid] @[Rhea]

nickel

Well so much for the idea that it was the brute that had startled the filly. This odd one seemed to be scared of anything and everything she mused silently as instead of acceptance she was greeted with the same startled reaction. Ok... what was up with this one? From where she stood she could see no visible scars upon her hide nor any wounds so it hardly seemed as if she was this way due to some type of crazed beatings. If that were the case she could understand as not all could stand for that type of treatment and not break. The world somehow found a use for both pansies and those with a backbone so surely it would make some sense to someone... somewhere... Withdrawing her muzzle when the gesture was not returned she couldn't help but find confusion crossing her features. Casting a sideways glance to see the stallion wearing the same mask of mixed confusion she turned to watch the timid doe attempt to pull herself out of her little panic attack.

Tipping her ears towards the masculine voice as he spoke she only half listened to what was being said. Most of Helovia was decent? Really? Clearly Bucephalus had been living under some rock if he thought that most of the members here were cute and cuddly with a outgoing personality. Ha she could just imagine what he would think should he meet Illynx or any of the other crazy folk she had come across so far. Biting her tongue to hold back her amusement her expression remained as neutral as possible despite the laughter wanting to burst from her. Well if she had wanted to scare the filly back to wherever she came from it would seem all she needed to do was say boo. Well either that or just letting it slip that there had been all sorts of murders happening as of late. That would likely set her off running like a bat outta hell but for now it would serve no purpose to make the filly take off outta here.

Once the words had ceased she opted to throw out her two cents. "What Bucephalus speaks is the truth. We are both out seeking to find those in need of help and give them a place to call their own. My home is the Aurora Basin up in the north where there are many of our kind. It is a wee bit colder than the sandy confines of the Dragon's Throat but it is a beautiful place if you know where to look." She added gently trying not to make things sound too displeasing to the girl.

"Though I would recommend avoiding going off by yourself at the current time. Things had been a little crazy around here as of late and if you don't know where you are going it can be quite confusing." There. That sounded better than she had expected and she had even managed to leave out the murders. Now as long as the stallion keeps his mouth shut the girl will not have to find out until a much later date when she is hopefully more stable on her feet.

•• TAGS: @[Ayleid] @[Bucephalus] •• NOTES: Don't mind Rhea's odd mindset haha. ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Aurora Basin Mare
Adoptable

Orange eyes watched the two pegasi as looks of confusion seemed to roll over their faces like fog rolled over a bay. A pang of guilt echoed from deep within me. I didn't mean to confuse them. I didn't want to come off as this...skittish being. But it appeared as so that I did and who would blame me? After all that I had been through it would surprise even I if one was calm and collected. Still, that didn't completely condone the type of behavior I expressed towards them.

My attention fell to Bucephalus as he spoke and answered my singular question. Helovia? Threshold? Neither of those names sparked any memories within my brain nor did they place themselves upon a mental map. The only two places I had been my entire life were Illomere and Cimoron. Why would I know of anywhere else? But Bucephalus did give me a clue: it is where newcomers enter to join a herd or roam alone. Although, whether he was talking about this Helovia or this Threshold I had no clue. I didn't have to wonder for long as to which he had referred to though. Bucephalus continued to speak first about how my fear was a healthy one and how no place was free of deceit and how this Helovia place was decent. Then he went on about how he was here to recruit members to this Dragon's Throat. Now I hadn't a clue as to how this stallion who stood before me thought or what he had seen, but I certainly did not want to go near any throat of any dragon. I was hoping he was either kidding or that perhaps this Dragon's Throat was just some name given to a peculiar land formation.

But I didn't have to go with him. He made that entirely clear. I could go with either him or Rhea or travel the lands on my own to see all the herds at my own pace. “Or find a way to get back to normal and get home.” I thought to myself quickly and tucked it away within my mind before watching Bucephalus fall silent but still seem puzzled. A soft sigh escaped my lips as the pang of guilt grew bigger still. Why did it have to start this way?

Before I could say anything to Bucephalus, the mare named Rhea broke in with her own words. She stated that she was from someplace called Aurora Basin and that it was to the north. There are many of our kind... My thoughts flashed back to those words that she said. Did she mean many pegasi? Both Bucephalus and her had wings, but Rhea also bore a horn where as Bucephalus did not. Where there more than just pegasi in this land of Helovia or was it just pegasi?

I felt my muscles relax as I grew to to believe and trust that neither Rhea or Bucephalus meant me any harm. Surely I wasn't in any danger from these two.

“I'm sorry if I confused you both,” I began my voice soft, “You see I'm trying to find my homeland, Illomere. My parents sent me away for my own safety long ago and I'm trying to find my way back.”

I paused as I remembered my past. Back then I didn't know much of anything as to why they sent me away. But as time went by and I grew older, I pieced it together. My parents had to have been some sort of high rank within our society and something bad must have been happening. So they sent me away to keep me safe from the bad things. My eyes drifted back to the two that stood before me, “But I'm going to take a wild guess that neither of you have heard of Illomere before just as I had not heard of Helovia before now,” I swallowed as I remembered how much different I looked. “It probably happened when I crossed the border.” I thought to myself before speaking to them again, “But it matters not for the time being. Nobody I once knew would probably recognize me now. For some unknown reason I look much different than I used to.”

Thoughts then turned to each land that they had both mentioned. Aurora Basin was to the north and Rhea had mentioned sand for Dragon's Throat so it was probably either a beach or a desert. A faint smile began to grow upon my lips as I thought about having a place to call home, if even temporarily. Besides, taking solace in a herd and learning what I could about this place seemed like the right thing to do. Maybe there was a way to get me looking like I did before? Maybe there was someone here in Helovia that knew where Illomere was and how to get there? I would only benefit from staying here for a while.

Ears pricked forward as Rhea went on recommending that I avoid going off by myself because something was off lately. The smile that was barely there disappeared and my facial features became more austere, “Why? What has happened?” I questioned. Though her statement concerned me I still remained somewhat calm. Was there some sort of war going on? Was some sort of sickness spreading across the land? I had no idea but maybe there was something I could do, “Perhaps I could be of some assistance? Where I lived last I learned a little bit about plants and their uses for healing,” I paused and looked towards the pine trees. I wished that I could recall the use for their needles but sadly I couldn't, “Though I'll have to admit, there weren't that many lessons so I didn't learn all that much.”

The concerned look remained upon my face as I looked to both Rhea and Bucephalus, hoping that one of them would be willing to share news of whatever was going on and hoping that I could be of some assistance to help alleviate the situation.

WORD COUNT;; 1015
OOC;; mkay I don't know exactly what's going on here, but apparently I have some serious Ayleid muse. lol. Sorry if it rambles.

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!

Gold eyes darted to the black mare when she neglected to mention the recent murders plaguing the land. Did she seek to keep Ayleid in ignorance until she was tucked away in the Basin? "What Rhea here forgot to mention is that Helovia is not without it's dangers. There have been murders... Everyone is scrambling to find the culprit." He turned his gaze to Ayleid. "Which is why i personally, biased or not, do not recommend being a loner... although not even herd equines are safe." He said, troubled by that. Who would be next to perish? One of the Throat? Someone he had met? His arrival seemed to collide with a rocky time; it made him hesitant to really bother to know anyone. What if they were next?

"Well if you have a basic knowledge of herblore, i'm sure you would fit in well with the Healers. It is no shame to learn something. In fact, Throat has another new Healer that has recently joined us; Morrigan." He adds, a wry smile on his face at the image of Morrigan and Ayleid being chummy. He didn't think Morri could be friends with a butterfly, let alone with another equine.

But he had been wrong before. "I do not know about Basin, but there are quite a few Healers in Dragon's Throat. You'd have the luck of not being alone in learning." That amused him to no end. Himself and Cera were the only crafters, and such a task they had before them... "Although, if crafting, creating, also suits you, Throat has need of more crafters."

OOC: Im so sorry for the long wait; The Muse is not with me it seems XD

Word Count:266 Tags:@[Ayleid] @[Rhea]

nickel

Note to self : When something is better left unsaid leave it to the pea brained males to blow it all to smithereens and tell the world. The news about the murders was not exactly a secret but when you were dealing with one light on their toes you would think it would be common sense to delay the revelation a bit. Resisting the urge to reach out and smack the pegasus upside the head she kept her cool and tried to remain indifferent to the whole thing instead. Be the bigger person... go with the flow... she chanted silently willing her thoughts to rest before something slipped from her mouth that she would regret. Oh now he recommends that everyone avoid being loners. Funny.. didn't she just suggest the exact same thing? So in light of that very new thought why don't we just all agree that its safer to stick with a buddy instead of going out alone to become the next victim on the chopping block. Her earlier thoughts drifted back to her bringing the shadow of a smirk to her lips. How very convenient it would be if said murderer was really on a streak to rid the world of the countless idiots out there. May she also point out that individual that they may have overlooked a huge one standing in front of her? Highly amused over her silent banterings she listened to the rest of the speech the pegasus put forth.

"Good advice." She commented nodding to confirm her approval to her previous statement that had just been reiterated. "Like the Throat the Basin also has a variety of members skilled in many areas of expertise. That being said we also value what everyone can bring to the herd and I'm sure your knowledge would not go to waste. There is much we can learn from each other to educate ourselves."

Turning her gaze back to Ayelid she offered a kind smile hoping to reassure the girl that there was no murderer coming for her at this moment in time. As for the rest of the time spent here she could not promise that she would be completely safe but at least for now she was. Wait a second... sand..black hairs..and a black feather? Throat...black winged pegasus...black coat.. How did they know that the murderer was not standing right here with them? Trick or Treat... has the little villain come out to play at long last? Glancing over to Bucephalus again she watched him cautiously trying to figure out just how well the puzzle pieces fit together. Perhaps... hmmmm very interesting...

" I have not heard of this land you call Illomere but surely someone around here will have heard of it. I can see what all I can dig up if you wanted?" She said turning her bicoloured optics back to the girl once more. " I am also fairly new to Helovia so know what its like to not know where you are. Perhaps we could discover this place together?"

•• TAGS: @[Ayleid], @[Bucephalus] •• NOTES: No offence meant to Buce at all, I personally love him but Rhea is not so sure XD ••
Picture Credits

Aurora Basin Mare
Adoptable

Murders?! A bit of panic fluttered within my chest for a while. With my lithe frame and distaste for physical violence, I wasn't much of a fighter by any means. That being said, if I were to be ambushed and attacked by a murderous being...I wouldn't stand a chance. Shudders coursed up and down my spine as I thought about the very outcome that would likely happen if I would have to fight for my life, but I shook my thoughts and the shudders away as I focused once more on Rhea and Bucephalus.

Good advice. Rhea's words caused my head to snap in her direction. She was commenting on Bucephalus' notations about not going off alone, though hadn't she already said that? But instead of bringing up the obvious, I just kept my thoughts to myself. No need to be putting bitter thoughts about me in someone else's mind.

I bit my lip as both Rhea and Bucephalus spoke about their herds. Dragon's Throat and Aurora Basin...though they called them simply as Throat and Basin. Perhaps I should start calling them by their shorthand as well?

“So both Throat and Basin have these healer positions?” I asked with a mixed look of contemplation and interest on my face. If this was true, then I could go either way – so long as I was accepted into a healer position. At least I think that was where I would fit in best position wise.

Silently, what little hope I had shattered within me after Rhea brought up her response regarding Illomere. It really didn't come as a surprise that she didn't know about my homeland, but it still hurt all the same when I heard her physically say my suspicions. By Bucephalus' lack of acknowledging the issue, I took it that he also didn't know of Illomere.

“I feared that that might be your answer,” I resigned with a disheartened sigh before trying to look on towards the brighter side of things. Rhea had offered to discover Helovia together since she was rather new. She honestly reminded me of my friend Jolie from Cimoron. Jolie was the first person I came across there and offered to show me around everywhere. Last time I was given the choice of exploring with someone else, they had become one of my closest friends. Perhaps this was a sign that I was supposed to go with Rhea?

With my eyes looking at the ground, I considered my options. I could go with Rhea to this Basin herd. Or I could go with Bucephalus to this Dragon's Throat. Then I had an epiphany from watching the snow shift beneath me. I could start out in one herd and if I grew to dislike it, I could simply switch to a different herd. Who knows, maybe I would know more about this place and be able to make a better decision based upon what I learn?

I raised my gaze to the two that were standing before me. First I looked over to Bucephalus, he seemed nice enough but I think I was going to try for the same outcome as the past, “Perhaps we can keep in touch and grow to be friends?” I said to him, hoping that he wouldn't take offense for me probably wasting his time. Then I looked to Rhea, “The offer to explore together has worked out well for me in the past, perhaps it will again? I'd love to take you up on that offer.”

A new light lit within me. I may look different. I may be in a new land and not know anything about it. I may not be any more closer to my homeland than I was before. But I would surely not be short of friends. Not in Cimoron, not in Illomere, and certainly not here in Helovia.

WORD COUNT;; 646
OOC;; oddly enough Ayleid has chosen the Basin I guess. Sorry Tribs, I know I said she'd probably go either throat or falls, but Nickel somehow stumbled upon a similar offering that has worked well for Ayleid in the past. So she's gonna take a chance on something she's already experienced. lol

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!