the Rift

If I'm Lost, It's Only for a Little While

Nessus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I stood in the shelter of an ancient oak tree. Its branches were bare, yet laden with icy crystals that snapped and crackled as the winter wind stirred through the treetops. The trunk gnarled from age. The ground beneath my feet covered in a lush white blanket. Snow. How long had it been since I had last seen this white wonder? Ages ago, it seemed. I'm a wanderer, one without a home. Now, where was I? Looking around at the snow-laden trees, at the wintery wonderland, I recognized nothing, no one. I huffed quietly, my warm breath swirling out from my nostrils and mouth. A few snowflakes drifted lazily down from the heavens and melted into my back, forming small wet spots. I've always been alone. As far as I remember, I've always taken care of myself, learned to survive, learned to cope with my surroundings. In spite of this, at the very back of the dark recesses of my mind, I longed for someone to care for me. I only needed one person at my side. One was enough, even if the rest of the world turned its back on me. These thoughts always sparred with the wall that I'd learn to build up; they went against the laws of my nature. The lessons I learned from my past taught me to trust no one, that there were only three options in the world: enemy, nobody, or prey. But now, in order to survive, I needed someone, anyone, shelter me. I thought to myself, "If I'm lost, it's only for a little while. Someone will surely find me."

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

something sexy here

By now, it seemed part of his patrol to wander down to the Threshold and see who might be skulking about. Every time, it seemed he found some new, poor soul - or perhaps someone strong, violent, in need of little help; the Bloodskald was never sure what sort of character he might find, if any. Some days, the forest was dead quiet with no one there. As of late, it had been rather busy.

Irelyn flitted from tree to tree for some yards, finally flopping her tiny body in the snow and sneaking around on the ground. Her coloring did not help her so much in the snow with her greys and blacks and slight brows, but she very much enjoyed frolicking in the pristine white powder. From their bond, he concluded a rodent in the ground had caught her senses and she wanted to snap it up for lunch.

Strange, how she ate other creatures. Torleik did not quite understand this, his instincts wholly the opposite. He desired vegetation, fruits, perhaps sweets in various forms - but not the flesh of another. But his thoughts on this matter were interrupted when he heard the rustling of another body nearby, and his dual-horned head popped up. "If you are friendly, you have nothing to fear from me, traveler," the Bloodskald called out, waiting, calm and patient.

They would come out. They always did.

@[Nessus]
"talk talk talk"

--------------------------------
Welcome! I'm glad you're here! :) I would encourage you to fill out your profile and submit an application as soon as you can to help expedite the process of playing on Helovia, and so those who thread with you can know what your wonderful character looks like! We look forward to seeing you around :)

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Wandering deep into the depths of the forest was beginning to see rather customary for the dappled stag. With all the drama and mystery surrounding the latest murders it was not safe to wander around alone for very long. The darkened lighting beneath the canopy was the perfect place to hide out of sight of prying eyes if you were up to no good. Walking along the well worn trail his silver eyes scanned the trees looking for anything out of the ordinary or anyone who might be lost out here. Having been in this position once before the least he could do was offer any newcomers safe passage and a place to call home. While their herd was on the smaller side it didn't change the homey feeling and the kindness that many offered. Compared to the other herd locations he had taken quite the liking to the deep rolling hills and waterscapes decorating the landscape. To him it was home and he couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Padding along contentedly at his side was his partner in crime Kiara. She may look like a killer but on the inside she was a big ol softie but you would never hear her admit it. Attuned to his bonded's thoughts and feelings he felt tension ripple through her mind as something caught her attention. "Strangers." Following her fixed gaze as he drew to a stop beside her he found what she was talking about. Not to far up ahead of them stood two figures neither of which he knew. Striding forward once more with purpose he approached cautiously with Kiara hot on his heels eager to see what was going on. "Hello, My name is Ciceron and this here is Kiara. We are no threat." He introduced nodding down to his over eager companion at his feet. "Welcome to Helovia."

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Nessus] •• NOTES: -- ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
Nessus still stood there, under the tree, absorbed in his thoughts. He was so eerily motionless, one could have easily mistaken him as a statue. A voice broke his thoughts, shattering them like broken glass. Nessus whipped around to see another stallion, who was a unicorn, like himself. The stallion was black, powerfully muscled, with a mark on his face that, to Nessus, seemed almost like a wisp of smoke, curling gracefully upwards from a fire. Then Nessus noticed the other's horns. They're like the horns of a demon, almost, Nessus mused. There were even strange symbols, perhaps letters, on the horn. And then there were his eyes. Icy blue, they were, and it was almost as if he could see through you. Nessus felt a chill run down his spine. He stepped forward, keeping himself composed. You must show no emotion, nothing. You must not show weakness before others, Nessus thought inwardly to himself. Returning the stallion's gaze, Nessus spoke. "My name is Nessus. I do not have a home, nor a family to return to. Do you, perhaps, know of a place where I can stay?" It was then that Nessus noticed a smaller, unfamiliar creature near the other stallion. He stared at it quizzically. It smelled of bird, owl to be exact. But then there was also the smell of cat. The creature itself seemed to be a mixture of both. It had the head, wings, tail, and lethally sharp talons of an owl. It also had the velvet paws, snakelike tail, and agile body of a cat.

While Nessus was puzzling over this creature, someone else's voice distracted him. Looking up, he saw another stallion. A young one. This one was not obsidian black, like the other. He was a dappled grey in color. Silvery white floral vines curved upwards and around his legs. His eyes were silver, like Nessus's. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ciceron. My name is Nessus." Nessus's gaze then alighted upon another feline. This one was not exactly a cat, being more muscular than your average feline. It was white, as white as the snow around them, with jet black stripes running down its back. "And you must be Kiara," Nessus concluded. "Glad to meet you all."[/color]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

All eyes on you

Torleik observed this newcomer, large as he was, and wondered at all the massive beasts that were invading their land as of late. He was not a small stallion by any means, nor were most others that were larger too much so in comparison, but this one? The Bloodskald shook his head. The strange silver markings that snaked along the stallion's back intrigued him, but what he marveled at most was the backwards-curving horn atop the newcomer's crown.

That would be most unhelpful in battle.

In truth, he looked somewhat like Ulrik, but in silver. The stallion introduced himself as Nessus and stated he had no home or family to return to. Torliek's lips turned to a frown and he stepped slightly closer. He understood that all too well, for that was exactly how he'd found himself in Helovia. "I know your plight, Nessus; my entrance to this land was much the same as yours," he murmured. "You want a home and I can offer you one. How are you with the cold?" the Bloodskald asked, scarred lips smirking slightly. "I am Torleik, and I hail from the Aurora Basin, north of here."

Another unicorn approached, not smelling of his home and Torleik curiously regarded this lighter male. He was...Hidden Falls? The general inhaled deeply, confirming this suspicion. The dual-horned demon still had no strong feelings one way or another about the Hidden Falls, so his mood didn't much shift at this Ciceron's arrival. He introduced his companion, a very large catlike creature, and Torleik realized he'd neglected to do that with Irelyn. A mental shrug through their bond indicated to him his owl-griffin didn't much care, mostly because she was currently fascinated with the silver nature of the newcomer's coat pattern. She had jumped down into the snow and was slowly inching closer to Nessus' marked foreleg.

'Careful,' the Bloodskald warned, protective. One never knew the character of anyone newly met. That massive white and black feline companion made him nervous. Irelyn was part feline but more bird; she would make a satisfying snack.

@[Nessus]
@[Ciceron]

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

While introductions were being presented from all parties the grey took a couple minutes to take what he could from other two stallions before him. The newest to Helovia was a rather large fellow with silver markings and a horn that seemed just a little bit off somehow. Maybe it was the size? No..no it had to be the shape and the position that irked him the most. Whenever he had encountered others of his species he had always known them to have spear like weaponry at their disposal not a rounded horn that seemed better equipped for ramming something. While rather puzzling he was not one to judge considering he had silver markings that glowed softly, now really was that not weirder? Perplexed he held his thoughts knowing well enough he could muse upon this more at a later time. Now for the second stud. Dark in colour much like the first he also bore the mark of a unicorn yet had a strange yet familiar scent to him. The Aurora Basin, ah that was it. The golden mare, Illynx had claimed to be from the same dwelling.

Disregarding this rather useless fact from his mind he listened as Nessus spoke of what had brought him to the threshold in the first place. If it was a home that he wanted surely the Hidden Falls would be a suitable place if he wanted to join him. Before he could speak the black stag spoke offering much the same solution to his dilemma as he was intending to do. Well as they always say two choices are better than one. " If the cold doesn't appeal to you so much there is also the option of joining the eastern herd. That's where we come from." He indicated glancing down to Kiara who had just caught sight of the strange companion of their northerly neighbor. Watching it with utmost fascination she tilted her head trying to figure out what to make of the half in half combination before her. "Friends don't eat friends. He is your friend now so no snacks." He warned before his catty feline could get any other ideas on what to do. He could easily remember what she had thought of doing to Parelia's companion Penna who coincidently was a falcon. We would not be having any repeats of that.

" The Hidden Falls does not get as cold as the Basin and there are many places to get out of the wind and rain. You are more than welcome to come back there with me if you would like." He concluded once he was sure that Kiara would not cause any trouble if he took his eyes off of her. At times it was like trying to keep track of a grasshopper, next to impossible.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Nessus], Torleik •• NOTES: Sorry for crappy post ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
Nessus’s lips curved back in the slightest hint of an amused smile. His silver eyes seemed extraterrestrial as he gazed steadily at the two stallions before him, one as black as night itself and the other a dappled grey.
“It is very kind of you to inquire after me, a stranger to your parts. To tell the truth, I am not particularly fond of this cold weather, and nor is it fond of me. This icy season seems to transform the landscape I once knew to a completely unfamiliar, alien world. The eerie stillness of this wintery world always sends chills down my spine. Where I come from, it very rarely snows. In fact, the land there basks in the warm golden sun nearly all year long. Now then, let us not dwell on the things of the past. Let us leave it behind us, where it belongs, and focus on the present.”
Nessus rather disliked telling of his past. His past was a horrible one, a nightmare from which he had not been able to wake from, not until he had fled from that place. Yet even after fleeing, Nessus was not able to forget his past. It lurked in the back of his mind, haunting his memories. Nessus shook his head as if to shake away these thoughts. He fixed his silver orbs on Torleik, the black stallion.
“You said you are from the Aurora Basin. What are the herd members like there? And the rules and regulations?”
Turning to Ciceron, the dappled grey stallion, Nessus spoke again.
“And the Hidden Falls. You mentioned that it was warmer there than here. In that case it sounds like the perfect place for me. However before making my decision, I must know more of this place.”
Nessus was very interested now, one could obviously tell.
Movement near his legs momentarily distracted him. He noticed the owl/cat like creature, who was apparently accompanying Torleik, sidling closer to his right foreleg, the one with the silver marking. Nessus stepped sideways, eyeing the creature warily.

@Torleik
@Ciceron