the Rift

Winter is the Harshest of All

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

White December
and i go back to december all the time

She didn't know how she arrived here in this foreboding tunnel, but her hooves had carried a lot of distance, and this is where they decided to stop. She had no intention of arriving here, but it had been made so, and she could only accept this fate and move forward. Lurching her massive build into motion once again, December continued further down the tunnel, before it opened up into a large clearing, shielded by trees so very little light could shine in. Her large, dark eyes scanned the clearing for a brief moment, before coming to a halt in the center to take in all the surroundings.

This was certainly new to her, and she thought she was alone, until she took note of all the other horses looking about, seeming to have no place of their own. December was in the same situation, but she wasn't upset about it. If she could find a herd then she would, but for now, solace was her option and one that she didn't mind. The crunch of snow was welcoming to her ears with each step she took, and soon her grey muzzle was in the powdered ice, snuffing up fluffs and letting them melt on her pink tongue. Fluttering her eyes shut for a mere moment to savor it, her ivory bodice relaxed slightly, taking this time to finally rest after her long and hard journey. Perhaps this would be a great place of rest for now, until she could move on elsewhere.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I'd been watching the Threshold for traveling individuals that might be in need of aid or a safe place to rest their head. Hidden Falls had become far too quiet for even my taste; so many of my soldiers were missing. Hawkeye for one.

The soft, forgiving permafrost crunched beneath each step, gold followed every print before fading slowly out of sight. Thank Earth my fur had finally gained some length, no longer did I shiver violently with every northern blast of wind. Though a thick hide did little good when damp from me passing under low hanging branches and bramble, more often than not the end result was a wet coat that was inefficient at keeping me warm. Thus I avoided the dripping wet flora at all cost.

While walking along there is one individual who I happen by on my way through the forest. She is standing around as if weary or dazed, all the while gazing up past the sleeping timber toward heaven. I trail forward slowly, honeyed pools flicked up, momentarily following her stare before lowering to settle upon the traveler. Lips curve, offering the lass a smile that is warm and friendly.

"Long days and pleasant nights to ye," Neve sticks her pale little head from my nape, she peers at my company for a moment, before rapidly sinking back into her warm nest of hair and feather. The young ice princess still felt shy around individuals that weren't myself and Fina. Who was currently out hunting for the two of them.
credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

White December

It wasn't long before a sudden sound graced her receptors, causing the fem to flicker her gaze to the one before her. To her surprise the male had feathered wings adorning his shoulders, shimmering gold at the edges beautifully. She had never seen a horse with such a trait before, or had she? If she had, she certainly didn't remember. All she knew was that the stud was walking towards her with a pleasant smile on his face, seeming to take no mind to the piece of material around his neck. Did he put that on there? Or had someone or... something else done such a thing to the poor male. December wasn't one to usually sympathize, but the contraption looked uncomfortable and heavy, something no equine should have to bear.

Taking a step forward and looking down at the smaller stallion, she was about to speak when his words broke the silence the frosty air had summoned. December brought her chin back against her neck abruptly but smoothly, taking a moment to think through his words. The way in which he spoke was quite odd, and seemed to take much more time than needed to get his point across. This conversation already seemed like it was going to be longer than necessary. She didn't happen notice the creature that peeked out of its hiding place, and instead looked at the strange-looking equine with a raised eyebrow,"Pardon my rudeness but how on Loorein did you get bird wings on your back? Also, what kind of awful creature would put a collar around your neck?"

Looking him up and down with those dark grey eyes, December stepped forward, walking around the gold-studded boy to get a closer look at all the contraptions on his being. He was so different from what she had seen before, and so having the opportunity to see something new so close was almost invigorating for her, although she kept this emotion tightly locked away in her heart. At the moment, her expression only read mild curiosity with a hint of disinterest. How one could convey two contradicting emotions at once was baffling, but the filly had mastered such a feat long ago.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She peers my way in befuddlement, as if I'd suddenly sprouted two heads. My grin remains bright all the same, I stood with practiced patience by as the alabaster mare boldly strolled forward; circling my frame curiously. Those dark eyes are wide and locked onto my feathered appendages--she spoke up a moment later with apologizes and an inquirer of wings and my metal collar.

Ah, I thought, her homeland must have been rather secluded for the lass to have not seen a Pegasus before, "I was born as such." The shoulder she stood closest to flexed and said appendage stretched a short distance from its sheath. The golden tipped feathers fanned to give my inquisitive company a closer look. "All Pegasus are typically gifted with the ability to fly," gaze shifted to catch her eyes, "Yar, be wary. I am by far not the strangest ye might see in Helovia." Say true, my sleuth was way more inspiring to look upon with her flashy feathers and fur. A soft chuckle slipped into the chilly air.

Muzzle shifted down, gently falling to the precious metal hanging around my neck. "Tis, not just a collar. Tis dormant in this form, but armor sleeps within." Glancing up I added, "Would ye like to see?" The last time I'd called upon my armor was during the time of sickness. When we lived in the volcanic caves and spent the majority of our time waging war against our brothers and sisters.
credits

White December

Born with wings? How could that happen? She nearly flinched when the wing slightly lifted for her to get a closer look, but she caught herself just in time to keep her posture still. She would not show weakness in front of a stranger, nor would she make him feel that he was better just because of the useful digits he had been graced with. Not that he was acting in such a way, but her mind often revolved around these kinds of thoughts; always judging everyone's mannerisms and movements, pondering their motives when speaking to her, and drinking in the way they spoke and responded to her. Yes, he was friendly for sure, welcoming in fact and didn't seem to mind her ignorance, and yet she still felt uneasy.

Perhaps it was the nonchalant air to him, or those gold, pupiless eyes. Soon he spoke of something called a Pegasus. The word sank deep into the recesses of her mind for it to be remembered as she let him complete his thought. Winged horses that could fly. How strange and also eerie. Apparently there were horses that were stranger than he? The thought caused interest to quell within her. All that showed on her face though, was an attentive expression that masked her true feelings. Tossing her large head to the side, she then glanced down at his collar as he described its function. Only then did her curiosity grow intensely, throbbing like a sore hoof as it begged for her to ask more. She couldn't of course, that would mean she would have to reveal that she was more ignorant than he perceived. She would never admit such a thing, as it brought great disrespect to her self-image. This was always a big no no in her book.

Instead, she only took one last glance at the glimmering metal, before looking into his eyes confidently, voice strong but civil,"No thank you. There's no point in delaying the heart of this conversation. Is there something you needed from me? Surely you didn't just saunter up to me to simply chat, especially when there are plenty of more wanderers present who are more welcoming to it."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

As quickly as her curious inquirers began, they all to quickly stopped when she changed the topic of our conversation. Ivory feathers slide shut, pulling in closely against my patched fur. Yar, I thought silently, women are confusing; one moment hot and the next cold. The girl now desired to know my purpose for simply wishing her well. Does someone truly need a goal to offer a compassionate word? Or to be friendly?

I smiled tenderly and replied kindly, "Thee seems like a worthy cause for conversation. Though I cry pardon if I've interrupted anything." In my mind it was rude to pass a lady without so much as a kind word. At least that's what mannerism came from my rearing.

"Perhaps ye would find our talk more favorable if I offered my name?" Neve chirped quietly and sunk her head deeper into my nape to block out our voices, "I am Midas," tone is soft and inviting, "of Hidden Falls." Trying to spur her interest I flopped the topic back in her court, "What might I call ye?" She always had the choice of turning up her nose and walking away, but where was the adventure in such thinking? There was no harm in lingering by talking to complete strangers. Besides, it wasn't as if either of us was in some grand rush to get somewhere.

The snow colored lass was obviously unfamiliar with our customs, it would be to her advantage to make use of my knowledge.
credits

White December

Even at her curt words he took them all in stride, smiling kindly and even politely complimenting her. How bizarre a male this one was. Inviting, polite, energetic and charming, he seemed to have no ulterior motive but to bid her a good day, and yet she still was unsure. She held her rigid stance, shaggy coat slowly gathering flecks of snow as it had recently begun to fall. Looking up into the gathering clouds that left a murky grey atmosphere, she couldn't help but feel more relaxed in this kind of weather than the clear blue sky with the pale sun that welcomed little warmth.

Her thoughts were soon brought back to the stallion who offered his named, then mentioned a place. She didn't know where he lived, but perhaps it was far more interesting than this foreboding clearing. Swishing her tail to lash upon her hips, she dipped her head politely to acknowledge his introduction, responding in a slightly softer, almost reluctant tone,"I am White December. Of, well, nowhere." It's not like she wanted to sound weak and pathetic in front of this pegasus, especially since he was quite smaller than she in stature, but she didn't want to lie either. Her pride caused her to do many things, but to fib was out of the question.

She didn't really know where to go with this now, and that wasn't good, because that wasted time and time was precious, meaning she shouldn't be standing here talking about interesting but questionably useless subjects. Her eyes shifted to look at her surroundings, the lost wanderers, the falling snow, and the feeling she had inside that made her realize that staying here for a night most likely wouldn't be the best idea. She would need to find shelter, some food, and to eat quite a bit more snow to make sure she didn't become dehydrated. With a sudden burst of energy, she looked to the male, alert and ready to move once she finished speaking,"I need to find shelter and eat some food before night falls. Wandering around in the middle of the night during Frostfall isn't the most intelligent thing to do, especially by myself."

She so badly wanted to bolt off and just leave this conversation, now that she had an objective and all, but her politeness kept her back from just up and leaving Midas high and dry. Sure she was unpleasant to talk to and be around, but she tried her best not to be mean. With this in mind she paused, dipping her head politely again, seeming stiff and displeased, but nonetheless smooth in her tone,"Pleasure to meet you Midas. I guess I should thank you for taking the time to greet me, so... Thank you." How ready she was to simply leave and walk off, but no, she needed to be polite and at least let him have one last response before she forgot he even existed.

OOC: Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I still want her to go to the falls, this is how December just acts with everyone, and it's not me trying to get you to leave without her xD I just wanted to let you know so you weren't discouraged or felt upset or something. December is just well... a bitch.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

December. Yar, how nice. I continued to maintain my polite beam while thinking of other unusual titles that I'd happened across during my short lifespan. White December wasn't hitting the top 5, but it easily made top 10. Aye, there was little room for judgment though; for all I knew this foreigner also thought my name sounded odd.

She spoke with an almost rushed concern about seeking shelter, food and the like. I nodded with a small grin of understanding tugging upon both dark corners; all those surviving necessities seemed perfectly reasonable to me. December appeared tense, rigid almost. Was she eager to travel on? I shifted my gaze toward the northern hills and motioned with my muzzle, "Aye, if it pleases ye. Thee would be welcomed at my home. These lands are often cruel during this time of year." It would be taxing on my soul to leave this girl wandering around these wildlands without at least extending aid. The forest wasn't so friendly when darkness fell, there are wolves and mountains cats about. Yar, and it didn't often show much fondness for mercy during daylight hours either.

"Ye would find both protection and nourishment." Hidden Falls could always use more temperamental mares, we seemed to breed and adopt them regularly. I was beginning to wonder if it was our lady members running off all the males. Fina returned from her hunt, flaming wings shimmered in the cold air - talons extended and lashed across my patched rear.

OOC: Lol, Midas is used to cranky ladies.
credits

White December

How kind this stallion was to her, even in her inconsiderate manner. Looking into his golden eyes with her deep grey ones, distrust and confusion flickered within their recesses, but only for a brief moment. She was quick to correct herself back to the stoic poised image that she often portrayed, before looking up to the slowly rising moon. The sun was now at the edge of the horizon, returning to its vast sanctuary until the coming day. She would be an idiot not to accept his offer, which was strange since she shouldn't at all be hesitant to accept.

After all, he had been kind, polite, and even of good humor, while she had been abrupt, impatient and uninterested in his entire being. He could be compared to a later day saint in her book, and yet she still was unsure. Was it because she wasn't used to someone so kind before? Or was it her own issue with change, vulnerability and pride. Oh how her mind tortured her so.

The night only grew colder and more cruel as she took this time to weigh her options, and soon a stiff breeze chilled her inner being. She couldn't stay out here, even she stood no chance against the Earth God's forces of nature. Flicking a soft white ear in the direction behind her, she could swear a howl had broken the night's silence. Yes, it was time to go with this winged beast, whether or not she was certain of his motives. She could think about that in the shelter of the herd, safety in numbers after all.

What she hadn't noticed is that she had subconsciously stepped closer to him, either fear or warmth her mind wasn't sure. It was then she noticed the flaming beast landing upon Midas's hind end, causing her to jump back in surprise and stare at it with widened orbs. After the initial shock she lowered her head slightly, attempting to get a closer look without invading the creature's personal bubble, after all she didn't know if it was violent. Midas seemed unfazed, and thus she deemed that it was somewhat domesticated.

"What's that thing?" she suddenly blurted without thinking. She paused, shaking her head and embarrassment, but tried to pawn it off as simply shaking the snow from her pelt. She didn't have time to be asking questions when the night closed in swiftly. December looked at Midas quietly, right into those golden eyes that seemed to haunt her so. She figured she'd get to used to them eventually. Pawing a dark hoof at the ground she gave a confident nod, speaking smoothly and sternly, although there was no need,"I accept your offer. I don't know if it will be permanent, but I accept for now. We should go before those wolves catch up."

OOC: Oh good, I was worried for a moment lol. I was wondering if after this thread if you'd like to make one of them getting into the herd lands? idk if you do introductions like that, but I'm also interested to see what kind of relationship will form between these two, if you're willing :P