the Rift

[PRIVATE] Dig where a million diamonds wait

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95

Even though they lived in a desert it still was cold. The purple and pink mare was starting to get used to the chilly winds and ice on the golden sand. Smiling softly she gazed around with steel eyes enjoying the pretty scenery. It was still early which meant the ice still lay upon the ground. It crunched pleasantly under her broad golden feathered hooves as she trotted about just enjoying life. Life was a splendid and mysterious thing. It was palpable, yet untouchable at the same time. Dark and lovely, sweet and evil. It all depended on how you chose to live your own life. If you were mean and hateful, life would be the same to you. That's why Alija chose to pick the peaceful and loving side.

She hadn't been to this part of the Dragon's Throat yet, but hell why not? She hadn't taken the time to really explore every inch of her home, but it seemed imperative that she did right now. Was fate drawing her here for some reason? Or did her mind just want to see what was to be seen? Nostrils quivered as the scent of earth and metal wafted into her muzzle. How odd. Curiosity filled her kind heart and caused her to shift her feminine pink striped body. Tossing long curly locks from her face the mare paused at the lip of the hole. She wanted to know what this was, maybe it was something she could help with. The antlers swung slowly as she flipped the hair away from her badger marked face. The trinkets and chains tinkled softly as she did so. Warm vocals rang out, "Hello, is anyone here?" Ears pricked eager to catch any words that might rise from the hole.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lyrics" 'Ponderings'
Words: 295
OOC: Sorry it sucks! She gets better I promise lol

[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Caves. It always had to be fucking caves. Slowly, carefully making his way out of the mines, Bucephalus muttered at the sheer frustration of it all. The path was illuminated by the glow of his bags, laden with ore he had drawn from the ground. His steps were slow and careful, if he fell he'd be hard-pressed to get back onto his feet without removing the bags, taking everything out, putting them back on and then reloading them. Too long of a process for his like. So, slowly, ever so slowly, he walked his way from the depths of the mines towards the sunlight. But instead of the bright light of the day, he was greeted by what was by far the most startling thing he'd seen yet.

A purple and pink faced mare with a shock of yellow hair. The sight surprised him enough that he stumbled, forehooves slipping on the grainy sand that coated the entrance to the mine. A knee buckled, hitting the hard stone, but he managed to keep his footing and avoid falling over. "Yes hello please move." He muttered, eyeing the strange unicorn as he carefully got to his feet, hobbling out of the mine once she moved out of the way. Making his path carefully towards a rather considerable pile of ore already, the black pausing before it and beginning to unload the ore from the multiple bags hanging from the straps across his chest, back and sides. Oh, it felt amazing to have all the weight vanish. It made him feel lighter than air. "Forgive me, but you caught me at a bad time."

Bucephalus turned once his task was done, gold eyes landing on the uniquely colored mare. Of all the equines he had met in Helovia, none stood out quite like this one. A purple horse... it was both interesting and confusing. To avoid staring, the black turned his attention to his knee, testing it before figuring it was just bruised. He always seemed to bruise his left knee. And always on rock. This was why he despised stone most of the time. It was out to get him, he'd swear it to the day he'd die.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 262 Tags: @[Alija]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Sara95

The soft sound of hooves tickled her ear drums drawing her attention into the hole. Squinting softly she smiled shyly as a very handsome stallion slowly rose from the depths. he was amazing to look at, golden eyes, black and white parked with golden flecks. His words caught her off guard causing her to back pedal quickly almost tripping herself. Her kind voice bubbled up again, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to get in your way. Are you ok?" She watched him walk to the pile of, what looked like, rock. The poor mare had not meant to make him fall, but she could take care of him, if he would let her. Silver blue eyes watched him as he took more rocks out of his bag.

His voice was pleasant and as the handsome stallion spoke she slowly walked towards him. Her own bags creaked from her shoulder blades, and her trinkets clinked softly among her antlers. Her smile was hesitant and shy as she neared him. "I'm sorry, I can help if you would like? I can take care of your knee first, I'm a healer. I'm sure I have something here for you." She dug carefully in her packs looking carefully for what she needed, before pulling out a few willow leaves. Her kind voice was muffled around the plant, "If you eat two or three of these willow leaves and I can make a poultice out of bilberry and rub it on your knee." Carefully she laid them upon the ground in front of him before digging in her pack for something else.

Carefully she chewed up the bilberry and approached him slowly trying not to startle him anymore than she already managed to. She tried to reach for his knee and tenderly lick the berry juice onto his sore knee. Once he either accepted or denyed her touch the mare lowered her head down and carefully spit what was left onto the chilly sand, and rubbing her muzzle clean on her golden feathers. "I really didn't mean to startle you. I know my colors can be... unnerving to some." She smiled shyly up at him laughing softly. His wings were just as beautiful as he was, black and speckled with gold. She took note on how he didn't stare and she liked that, but it also seemed unfair to expect him not to look. "You can look at my coat it doesn't bother me, I promise." her smile was warm. "Where are my manners, I'm sorry, I'm Alija. It's a pleasure to meet you." Lowering her head politely she continued to smile warmly up at him.

"Lyrics" 'Ponderings'
Words: 441 @[Bucephalus]
OOC: She can be shy lol

Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

"I am fine, it's just that the ore is rather heavy, and should i have fallen, it'd be rather...difficult getting back up." He said, tail swishing as he turned to fully face the lavender mare. He allowed her to put the...well he didn't want to think about what it was precisely, or that a mare was licking it onto him. His ears pricked, and he smiled when she apologized once again. "No no, your appearance isn't unnerving. Rather...unusual. My homeland was home to many an oddly colored equine, but none solid purple." He tilted his head slightly, then bowed his head when she spoke.

"And my name is Bucephalus, and i'm a crafter if it wasn't obvious. I believe i may be the only one save Cera." He mused, turning to look back at the rather small pile of ore he had managed to gather. Alone it seemed a daunting task; why were there so few crafters in Throat? It was...puzzling. "I hate to take advantage of you, but would you mind giving me some help?" He turned to look at her. She seemed a stronger horse than he(carrying things were not his forte, draft crossbreeds were far better suited to it.), although he'd never admit that aloud.

"Although...im not quite sure how you'd carry it. If there are bags for others to help, i've yet to see it." He said, looking back at the mine entrance, then walked over there, hooves clopping when sand turned to stone as he peered into the dark. Maybe he had missed them when he entered. All he did was dart in, draw up and load up the ore, and get out ASAP. Tight spaces, also not his forte. But a necessary evil. Evil. Caves. Bleh.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 297 Tags: @[Alija]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Sara95

Gods was his voice rich, enchanting, and deep. She had to fight a shiver of pleasure as his vocals washed over her. He was kind and polite as well as handsome. His gold markings seemed to shimmer in the cool light. "If it helps, wings still catch me off guard sometimes. I've never seen them before, but they are so... Well pretty." Feeling shy the mare looked at the ore curiously. Sometimes it was hard being blunt, it could make conversations awkward. Smiling softly she turned steel blue eyes back to his golden orbs.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sir." Her voice was warm as her smile grew. "I haven't met Cera. I'm also not sure what all a crafter can make, but it sounds really interesting!" Feeling slightly confused about his position attention flicked back tot he ore before switching to him again. As he asked for her help her smile grew even more causing her head to dip excitedly. Alija loved to help others. "I would be honored to help. I can clean out my bags real quick, it's just plants, and use them." Carefully moving her muzzle into the right back first she pulled out the contents. Moving away from where they would be walking, she laid the plants down, then repeated with the other bag.

Now empty the purple mare moved back to stand beside him. "You aren't taking advantage of me I promise. I love to help. If you ever need anymore, after this, come find me." Her voice was soft, almost hopeful as she moved back towards the gaping hole. Looking into the darkness her long golden tail waved briefly with her nerves. It was kind of daunting to plunge into the darkness.

"Lyrics" 'Ponderings'
Words: 290 @[Bucephalus]
OOC: Crappy! Sorry

How did he not notice she had bags already? Amusement crinkled his muzzle, and he flicked an ear at her words. Wings caught her off guard? If only she knew. "And you... unicorns, still catch me by surprise at times. In my homeland, there were naught but pegasi." And the sight of a horse without wings upon their shoulders still, and always would, send a note of mourning through the black.

Bucephalus followed her towards the cave, smiling at her hesitation. Good to know he wasn't alone. "Don't worry, it's not too dark near me." He gestured with a movement of his head towards the glowing bags around his body, resting a wing across her shoulder reassuringly before he walked past her into the dark of the cave. Okay, yeah, he was putting on a show of confidence he didn't feel. He'd seen the devastation a cave-in could cause, and was NOT eager to be a victim. The thought of being buried under dirt and stone, body left to rot deep beneath the earth.... it was appalling. If he was to die, he would prefer to die on the wing, so that the last thing he felt would be the wind against him.

Waiting for Alija to follow, the black walked deeper into the mine, hooves clopping on the rough-hewn floor beneath them. The glow of his bags lit the small tunnel rather well, or enough so that it wasn't pitch black. He glanced behind him at her, checking on her before he turned down a side tunnel towards where he had been working. There was already a considerable pile of rough ore he had drug up the day before. Today was just getting the metal out of the mine and up to the outside. Once he'd gathered enough, he could begin his task. And oh, did he look forward to it.

"If you need help, let me know." He told Ali, bending knee and opening a bag. Then he reached out and picked up a piece by the edge with his teeth, dropping it into one of the chest pouches. He did this until it was full, then moved onto the next one, saving the larger ore for the bags on his shoulders and the one on his back. Once all the smaller bags filled, he switched knees and grabbed a large piece, lifting the ore with a grimace. Okay, slender horse necks were not meant for this shit. But he bore it in silence, dropping the chunk in his bags.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 422 Tags: @[Alija]
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud

Sara95

His words relaxed her, she had been worried that the stallion would be upset by her remark. Her laughter was warm as she realized they weren't really all that different from each other. It was crazy to think how similar you could be, yet so different. The purple and pink mare smiled happily up at the gold trimmed male. He was sweet and handsome, what more could anyone want? There wasn't even like she would really have a chance to be there with him, or any stallion for that matter. Muffling a heavy sight the mare turned her attention to the hole.

His feathery wing sent a warm shiver through her body. A man had never shown her any form of tenderness, even her own father had been cruel to her. Steel blue eyes fell upon his glowing bags. "How did you come across that item? It's very interesting." Maybe talking as they walked down into the horrible pit would make it easier to cope with. AS his warm embrace left her hide the horned dove took a shuttering breath before following him. Fighting to hide the panic slowly rising within her heart she pressed close behind him careful not to touch him though. Wide eyes found the only source of light and focused slowly on them. Clopping of hooves fell upon deaf ears as she allowed her mind to drift back towards the sunny desert.

As they rounded a bend his sweet voice sounded again drawing a small smile to her face. "Thank you." Her voice was soft and happy as she moved to his side to gather her own ore. Lowering her front half, much like Buce, and copied his movements. Careful not to hurt alabaster teeth the stout mare gingerly picked up the larger pieces of ore before storing them in her packs. Her thick neck and body hardly felt a twinge of pain as her pouches slowly filled. The horned girl wanted to make sure that she carried as much up as possible, so they wouldn't have to come back into this hole.

"Lyrics" 'Ponderings'
Words: 347
OOC: Wouldn't have such a long wait if the BF would leave my laptop be lol @[Bucephalus]

"Gaucho received it from the Sun God to give to me."
He hummed in between picking up ore, only rising once he could no longer fit anymore into any of the pouches. He waited until Alija was done, then headed for the mine entrance. Glancing to the pile, he actually walked past it, towards a fire pit. Then he unloaded the ore near the fire. Once that task was done, he turned to Alija. "I got all the ore i need, just need to move it from there," he gestured to the pile with a small toss of his muzzle, "to here." In hindsight, probably would have been more effective to carry the ore straight here... but he wanted to spend as little time with the heavy ore as possible; he didn't want his bags to break. Not that he doubted leather bags from a god himself wouldn't give under the weight.... it was just mild paranoia.

He looked sheepishly to Ali, ears flicking back. "Sorry for that... Let me know if you want to take a break." He said, bout ready to take one himself. From dawn he'd been in the mine, drawing up ore and moving it. What he hadn't known, was that while he had been working in the mine, his winter coat had been thinning, and on his face there was golden hairs peeking through around his left eye. "So tell me, Alija, what brought you out here?" He asked, striding towards the ore pile, tail swishing.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 251 Tags: @[Alija]
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud

Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
Alija smiled softly as his sweet rhythmic voice rumbled around them. So their bay winged leader, really was sweet at heart. The pink and purple girl unfortunately so far, had not been able to speak one on one to with him. Maybe one day soon that would change. For now she turned her attention back to her job. Her bags now full she turned to follow Buce out into the open. Curiously she followed him to a fire, instead of the pile he had already started. As he unloaded his own packs she did the same careful not to hurt her neck, by taking to much at once.

When her bags were once more empty, his words slipped their way into her ears. "It's ok I don't mind actually. Would it be easier if one of us stood here and the other there," she indicated the larger pile by flicking purple ears, "and passing it down?" It seemed like a good idea to her, but the idea of being so close to the handsome stud's muzzle sent a shiver racing down her spine. Steel blue eyes watched him move past her towards the ore. A smile found her lips once more as he asked about her life. "I came here when I grew tired of my father's cruel ways. Silk found me in the Threshold and brought me here, that was when Africa was still a leader." The sweet lass was sure he did not want her whole life's story, but more would be given if he simply asked. "What brought you to the Dragon's Throat Bucephalus?" Unsure if he liked her idea or not the mare stood still a slight breeze stiring her long wavy golden locks.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 288
Note: @[Bucephalus] Once more sorry it took so long!
Image Credit

Once his bags were unloaded, he re-adjusted them, situating them more comfortably against his skin, fearful of the soft leather somehow rubbing his hide and creating sores. Painful buggers. Alija spoke, and the black listened with one ear cocked back towards her. Her idea wasn't half-bad... although a smirk tugged at his lips. "Not a bad idea... if you don't have concerns with physical contact." He grinned cheekily, then turned to look at the pile, studying it, trying to figure out the most effective way to move the ore towards the fire so he could shape it.

Daddy issues eh? Welcome to the club. He listened to her, a faint hum in his throat. Silk and Africa... unfamiliar names. He still had so many to see and meet in the herd. However, her question had him freezing in place for a second. "Er, a very complicated story. Long tale short, I'm no longer welcome in my old land and came here. Ampere was the one to bring me here." He said, turning his dished face towards the draft mare, wings clamped to his sides.

"Also I think your idea is a good one. Who goes by the pile and who stays by the fire?" He asked, facing the purple mare, quickly changing the subject. His past was an uncomfortable, downright secretive thing, something he had no intentions of fully explaining to this mare.

"I could stand near the fire, if you'd like." He offered, unsure of whether or not Alija had a fear of fire.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 255 Tags: @[Alija]
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud

Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
Steel blue eyes flickered softly as she watched the gold flecked stallion maneuver the bags to a more comfortable position. Her own bags had already rubbed the hair and skin away. That had happened years ago soon after she had been granted the bags by her mother. Lucky for her the hair had grown back laying over tougher hide. A warm shy smile slide over her muzzle at his words, which caused nervous eyes to flick towards the sand. Any kind of sweet contact was foreign territory to the purple doe.

As she spoke of his own journey home, bright eyes carefully caught the tension etched in every muscle of his handsome form. Unable to hide or caring side the horned girl carefully reached for his muzzle. Weither he would accept her gesture or not, she pulled back after a few seconds. It was not meant as a pity move, but in understanding and love. Pain and rejection were no stranger to the girl. A soft sigh of empathy bubbled from strong lunges. Words would not heal whatever travesties he had endured.

His switch drew forth her own, there was no need to make him relive things he really didn't want to. A warm smile covered her face, "I'll stand wherever you don't want too." Lyrics were sweet and happy as she shifted unsure of where to go. Deep sweet words slipped into pricked ears. Dipping her antlered head in agreement the mare moved carefully passed him, maybe a little to close for one's comfort, to stand beside the ore pile. Lowering the badger marked face she carefully started their task of moving the heavy material.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 276
Tags: @[Bucephalus]
Note:
Image Credit