the Rift

[OPEN] A Little Touch of Heavenly Light

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Now that I had grown more confident in my explorations of the Dragon's Throat, I decided it was time for me to further expand my horizons. With my lengthy strands of hair dragging behind me, occasionally catching onto rocks and vegetation as I began to climb up a winding path. Climbing the steep sand dunes of the desert had prepared me for this journey up the mountain, and I was able to keep a lively pace. My curiosity was overcoming me as I began to find it difficult to see where I was headed. For a moment, I paused in my tracks to look behind me, only able to see a misty fog that disguised the path I had come across. With a confident snort, I returned to my uphill journey.

As my legs began to grow weary, and my speed began to slow, I began to wonder just how far off I was from wherever this path led to. A part of me considered turning around, but I had already gotten this far, right? No sooner than the thought had crossed my mind, the foggy clouds began to break away and the lands around me were replaced from the rocky mountain to grassy field. Although the grasses were dried from winter's touch, I could only imagine the beauty of the lush lands that spring's kiss could bring. Garnet orbs scanned the lands, smiling to myself as I realized that I had the field to myself for now. 'Hmm...' This would be perfect to try and practice some of the dancing that Bucephalus had taught me, wouldn't he be surprised if I could show him some new moves? Not that it mattered, really. I just wanted to relive the joy and laughter I felt during that dance.

My eyes closed for a moment, nose lifting to the heavens as I inhaled deeply. Though it was still cold, the sun did it's best to warm the lands. I felt as though I could touch the sun, and speak with the gods. The thought alone brought another smile, and I hoped that one day I would be able to meet some of the treasured Gods of Helovia. But until then, I would merely enjoy my time here. With my eyes still closed, I began to sway as I thought to myself of another song. The grasses played with each other in the wind while a bird sang a melody for me in the distance. I began to take a few steps to the right, side-stepping over my legs before shifting my movements to the left. I repeated this movement as I began to hum, and as the song began to change, the moves started to shift as well. I swung my hind legs around in a circle, pivoting while prancing and ever so careful of my mane and tail this time around. Soon, I was carried away with my own private dance, bouncing around the field with elegant prances and playful jumps, kicks and tosses of my head. The grass left a slightly crushed trail from where I had already passed through, and whenever I felt a slight change in the terrain from grass to rock, I changed course. Didn't want to fall off the side of a mountain, now did I?

OOC: Open to anyone!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Morrigan believed that she was alone on the fields. But the stallion enjoying the thermals above gave that belief a falseness. Bucephalus dipped a wing to lazily glide to the meadow in order to graze, but the all-too familiar cobweb-graced black captured his attention. What was she doing? He dropped a few feet to see clearer through the mist, and his gaze widened. She was...dancing. She definitely held his attention now, his gaze devoured every inch of her as she moved; the sway of her body, the fluid grace of each leg, and the arch of her neck. He wanted- no, yearned to descend and join her in her dance... and to show her the far more primal dance he desired.

He was already on the ground before he knew it, wings folding as his hooves touched the crushed grass from her dance. "If i didn't know better, zadevalo, i would say you were stalking me." He said as he strode towards her, gaze trailing over her feathered legs, lingering on her hindquarters... no. Bad. There lay dragons. Dancing, swaying, tempting dragons, but dragons nonetheless. But he couldn't deny, he was tempted so, even if he got burned.

"What brings you to this place to dance? And all alone. Such a dance should be done before an audience so they may stare in awe." He hummed, head tilting slightly, ears pricked towards her as he halted his stride, standing near her. Just close enough as polite, but he wanted closer. Why was he caught by this mare? She just snagged his attention. Maybe it was the fact that she tried to help him, and did so, more than she could imagine. Or maybe it was the fact that she danced, that she moved in such a way that it left him breathless. No other mare in Helovia had danced with him, not for his lack of offers. It was almost as if dancing was a sin here. If so... then the dancer mare before him was the ultimate sin. And oh, did he truly wish to be a fallen angel for the sin of flesh and dance.

zadevalo: Tease

Word Count:358 Tags:@[Morrigan II]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

My dance had hardly been coming to a finale when a familiar voice interrupted, causing me to jump in surprise. Without even looking I knew that Bucephalus was standing behind me, and my ears pinned back while I shut my eyes tightly with embarrassment. Why the hell did he always have to startle me? With a sigh, my expression melted into one of pleasantries before looking back over my shoulder towards him, flashing a smile towards the Pegasus. "Stalking you? I thought I was alone, and you caught me off guard, I believe you would be the stalker." Turning fully around the face the stallion, he wasted no time in joining me at my side. It only felt natural for him to approach, for it was as though our bodies were magnets for each other. He was quickly becoming all I knew about Helovia, no matter where I went we seemed drawn towards one another.

Auds pricked to catch his words, all the while trying to think of what the unfamiliar word he had spoken moments ago meant. I could only assume that it meant something along the lines of lady, friend or something along the lines of that. It didn't sound very insulting. If it was, given the number of names that I had been called over the years, it would simply roll off my back like water droplets on a duck's feathers. Words hardly meant anything to me anymore, yet for some reason this stallion was able to use his voice to manipulate my reactions and emotions like they were made of clay. The ever recognizable sensation of blood rushing to my cheeks brought heat to my face as he spoke of my dance deserving to be in front of an audience. The laughter that bubbled from me was unstoppable, and i tucked my chin shyly. "I was practicing...After the fiasco of our last dance, I wanted to make sure I would not trip over my own mane again." Garnets gazed up coyly, wondering if he would catch on that I was hoping for the chance at another dance in the future, one where I would not become the fool and embarrass myself. Watching him, I became suddenly aware of tiny little things, such as the labored breathing from my dance, the way his forelock fell over the side of his face...And an undeniable tension in the air that made me increasingly uncomfortable.

With a light cough I cleared my throat, turning to look over the edge of the mountain in hopes of changing the mood, I gave a sigh with a halfhearted smile. "I've been stared at enough in my life, not once has it ever been in awe..." My voice drifted off while memories of my childhood flashed back to me, my sight glazing over until I wasn't even really looking at the mist covered scenery below. I was looking at the adults and foals alike who sneered at me, whispering hateful words under their breaths, and an occasional 'brave' soul who would chose to hurl their insults at me directly. My auds flicked back with bitter resentment, and I shut my eyes tight for a second to shake away the visions. When they opened, the scarlet orbs were hardened, my lips were pursed as I swallowed my own hatred for those who had hated me.

Oh how quickly she turned the tables. Now it was his turn to be embarrassed. To others, it must seem he was stalking the webbed mare. But he couldn't help it, she cropped up everywhere he went. He listened as she spoke, ears twitching to catch every note of her haunting voice. "I told you i would not let you fall, Morrigan. I meant it then and i mean it now." He hummed, reaching out with a wing and trailing the tips of his gold-dipped primaries across her mane. If she tripped once more and fell into him again... he'd be sorely tempted to just hold her close, breath in her scent and hear her words breathed so softly against him, feel her warmth against his side. He was at war. He wanted to pull her close and lean against her, relax against her sweet body and just give in as much as he wanted to screw her and throw her away. It was rather confusing, but mostly he balked at the thought of giving in to her. He knew how that would end.

Her cough jarred him from his thoughts, and with a blink he realized he had been leaning towards her slightly. He shook himself mentally and pulled away, wings folding. Once again flowing words fell from her dark lips, and once more he was surprised by her words. A look of... hate washed over her features before she turned away. But it was a hate bitter and foul, a hate he knew rather well. Lost on what to do for a moment, he slowly walked over to her, to her side, close enough that their bodies touched... and he draped his neck across hers. "That is a lie, Morrigan." He did not mention the awe he felt whenever he watched her dance, or the way she shattered every facade and barricade he threw up with a single glance or even the hint of a smile. No, those words did not need to be said.

He lingered there mayhap a bit longer than he should have, and reluctantly he pulled away, moving away a bit before he folded his slender legs and sank to the ground. What was he thinking? As delicious as that simple contact had been... she was gasoline to his fire. Why was this mare driving him insane like this? He hardly knew her! He screamed to himself as his gold gaze flickered to a small butterfly, resisting the winter chill. This attraction, this temptation she stirred within him...

He just needed to get laid.

(OOC: Hehe >3 Ruin da feelz)

Word Count:430 Tags:@[Morrigan II]

As much as my instincts begged me to run from the stallion, my skin actually twitching against his touch when he joined my side, I kept still. My hardened stare stayed focused on the mist covered grounds down below the mountain's side. The winds played with my hair, pulling my mane away from my face and causing the grass to tickle my legs. When Bucephalus draped his neck over my own, the hateful glare softened at his unexpected touch. It was a sweet gesture that caught me off of my guard, and I was at a lost on how to respond. Lips parted as though to ask him to stop, but I was unable to form the words. 'That is a lie, Morrigan.' I could feel myself tearing into two parts, the reasonable mare who had learned her lessons the hard way telling me to run, and the irrational, emotional vixen who simply wanted to lean into his warmth and tender touch. How dare he?! His words, although trying to bring comfort to me, only brought more confusion and bitterness. I couldn't rationalize with myself that he was talking about his awe, rather I could only think about the number of lies that I had been told in the past.

What the hell did he know? Who the fuck did he think he was? It was the only way my mind could process his words, to believe that he couldn't possibly understand what I had been through in my past. He didn't face those stares, he didn't know the torture I felt from false admiration with my first so-called 'love', the horrible feeling of betrayal when I had been turned on by the ones I had managed to put my trust into. No, his words served as a reminder not to trust, to not let myself get carried away with the emotions that haunted me whenever I stood near him. Auds flicked back while he pulled away, and with a little more aggression than I inteded, I shot a glare at him. "And what would you know?" The words seeped out with a bitter taste, carrying with them a venom that I did not want to use against him. Why had he even touched such a nerve?

It's not like he did so intentionally, he had been trying to comfort me after all. But still I turned away from him as he laid on the ground, tassle lashing angrily while I paced a few steps away. Auds were pinned into my mane, brushing against my silver crown. My right hoof lifted high into the air before me before I slammed it back down onto the earth with a frustrated snort. I didn't want, nor did I mean, to take it out on the the closest person I could consider a friend in this land...But I could not help myself. We were nothing more than ticking time bombs, and every time we touched, the clock would skip a few more seconds. I hardly knew the stallion, so why should I even try to put faith into him when I could not even put faith into those that I thought I knew whole-heartedly? He couldn't possibly understand why I felt the way I did, why I fled when conversations ran too deep, why I snapped when he came too close, or why certain words triggered an unexplainable anger. My scowl was focused on an innocent weed that was struggling to reach the sunlight, a pathetic looking flower with several missing petals weakly swaying in the wind. Mindlessly I lifted my hoof to the air again, slowly crushed down on the plant, and dragged it through the dirt.

Bucephalus merely flicked an ear at the venom in her tone. When she turned away he allowed his attention to wander, and he grabbed a small chunk of winter grass and began chewing it. Her anger snapped his mind back to reason. She was not a thing to even attempt to trust or care for as deeply as he wanted. Oh, he'd give them his loyalty. Maybe... maybe he would find a few he would die to protect. But never would he let them fully in. He couldn't. Finishing his mouthful, he rose and looked at Morrigan. "You are not the only one with scars that show not on the surface." His voice is cold, and his accent, a thing he keeps only as a weapon, slips free.

He looks her over, his own anger shown only by the backwards tilt to his ears and the wrinkle of a scowl across his face. "To think you are the only one to ever be scorned and hurt is the foolishness of a child. Are you a child, Morrigan? Where is the mare i danced across the desert with? Because she sure as hell is not here." His words dripped sarcasm. He didn't care if he pissed her off or hurt her feelings or anything.

He just wanted her. As pissed as he was he never wanted her body more than he did at that moment. "Have i pissed you off, my sweet zadevalo? Do you want to hurt me, scream at me? Fuck me?" He asked, stretching out a wing and trailing the tip of his wing under her chin, gold locked on ruby. "I'm dangerous for you." He grinned slowly, then winked before in a whirlwind of feathers turned and walked off.

Oh, if that didn't just PISS her off, he didn't know what would. Altan reared his head, and a war of disgust and dark amusement waged within the black. Bucephalus laughed at the idea of pissing off Morrigan, of driving her to tears of anger or sorrow. Altan...not so much. But, this was not Altan's world. Bucephalus shoved his conscience away with a snort, gold eyes practically boiling with a mixture of annoyance, anger an a faint trace of cruelty. Let her scream or cry or fuck. Until she ceased to amuse him he would continue to flock to her.

(OOC: Damn Buce got dark.)

Word Count:393 Tags:@[Morrigan II]

Auds flicked towards the stallion, whilst scarlet orbs narrowed cautiously as he rose to his feet and began to speak. I whipped around with every intention to rebut his accusations, but I couldn't. Bucephalus indeed had a point, and my auds flicked back with my realization that he was right, I was not a child anymore. In fact, I was far from the timid little filly that ran to hide behind her mother from the harsh words and actions of those that surrounded us. With a glimmer of guilt in them, I averted my eyes for a few moments. But as the winged stallion began to question me, they shot back towards him with yet more confusion. Where the hell did this stallion get off at? I gave a snort to his sarcasm, rolling my eyes as he questioned where the mare was that danced with him. No, she was not here. She was someone that even I did not recognize, a side of me that had never been revealed before and had managed to slip underneath the surface before I could convince her to stay. And I had no idea what the secrets were to bring her back out.

"She is probably with the stallion that sang with me in the desert, for he is not here either." My tone was 'matter-of-factly', my crown raising defiantly whilst my eyes gazed at him with indifference. As his sarcasm stung slightly, I began to raise the barriers, the guarded wall that seemed to be impenetrable. Garnets narrowed to glare at him as he asked question that, to me at least, came out of left field. With every word, they narrowed slightly more. Until...'Fuck me?' Chin tucked slightly as my eyebrows shot skyward, jaw going slack with shocked surprise at this question. Excuse me? Excuse me?! I desperately began to grabble for the words that I wanted to scream at him. Indeed, now with his crude words, I did want to hurt him. I wanted to scream at him, but by no means was I in any sort of mood to take my out my frustrations sexually. I was at a loss for words, and as though sensing this, he reached for me with one of his wings.

I could actually feel the trust I had felt myself beginning to put in him draining for me, any heat for him instantly turning to ice at his feathered touch. Lips pulled back into a scowl, and I stared at him as he said that he was dangerous for me, and I felt hollow. Without any sort of warning, aside from my previous bared-teeth scowl, I lashed out at his wing. My movement was sudden, a rapid thrash of my crown as I sought to bite down on his wings. Oh, I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to make him suddenly feel as empty and distrusting as he had made me feel with those few words. I wanted to ground this asshole, literally. I knew how important flight was to him, the ability to dance with the winds, and I wanted to take that from him in that split moment of unforeseeable rage. Ivories clamped down on a mouthful of feathers, and with a sharp and jagged jerk of my crown, I pulled back hard enough to stretch my neck back to it's full extent.

Scarlet orbs glistened with anger as I stared at him, feathers still clenched between my teeth as I seethed at him. I knew not how many feathers I had managed to rip from his limb, and I didn't particularly care. Whether or not it grounded him, I had no idea. He thought he was dangerous for me? I would show him dangerous...Sides heaved as I spat the feathers out at his hooves, licking my lips afterwords while my eyes never left his. With my auds pinned back, I tried to think of a verbal response to give him. But I was still at a loss, and I could only find myself shaking my head bitterly at him before giving a snort and turning away from him again in silence. There was no telling what kind of reaction he was hoping for, but if it was the hopes of a 'hit and run' he would be sorely mistaken. If he wanted to put me to the test, I would prove to him how strong I was, despite what my soft exterior may come across as. I couldn't take what he was doing to me. No matter what I said or what I did, I knew how this would end. "I should have known..."