the Rift

[PRIVATE] Winter Wonderland My Ass (Rostislav)

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

White December
and i go back to december all the time

Trees gently swished against the mare's hips as she made her way along the path that lead deeper into the heart of The Falls. The rattle of the bare branches caused her ivory ears to flicker back momentarily, before her attention returned to the path ahead. Working her large draft muscles with each gentle step, it was evident that December had quite the challenge when it came to walking on these narrow mountain paths. The 16.3hh Shire had always been used to being unable to work with smaller spaces, but she might have reconsidered going with Midas had she known how much of a bitch it was to get around with her bulk.

The pale sun only offered minimal warmth to her, and the traces of frost in her dark grey feathers reminded her with every step that Frostfall was going to be here for quite awhile. Not that she minded, snow and cold was never really an issue for her, and when it did become one she had no problem seeking shelter. In her mind it was something she as an equine had to do to survive, and there was no point in fussing about it. Others who often do this tend to be ignored by the white and grey fem, who tolerated very little. Her time was precious to her, and she wasn't going to be spending it on those who preferred to whine about simple facts of life. Snow battering her face and chilling her bones, was just a fact of life, and one that could be handled with very little hassle.

Before she knew it, December was down at the lowest part of the herd lands, working her way through the shriveled vines and bare branches and into the frosty clearing. Puffs of hot air clouded from her smoky nostrils, the sun barely peeking through the tightly knit branches to speckle upon her white bodice, causing her to shine like an opal. For a moment she squinted as some flecks hit her gaze, before moving forward to the iced over pond for a drink. Bringing her lips to the icy surface, the chunks gave way to the black waters, which she drank greedily. It had been awhile since she had been home, having spent most of her time out wandering by herself, trying to find some peace.

So far, most of the herd members had left her be, and if she had the energy to express emotions she supposed she would be grateful. At the same time, she had somehow managed to find others to bother her elsewhere, including a large draft stallion named Thor. Their predicament had been odd, one she hadn't been at all fond of, and the male certainly hadn't done himself any favors by being rude in the beginning. Lashing her tail irritably at the thought, she prayed silently to the Earth God that she would be free from anymore annoying stallions for a little while.

@[Rostislav]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I wander in from the pond in the middle of the Hidden Falls, aimlessly tracing a path through the snow, leaving muddy hoofprints behind me. Damaris is off hunting for rabbits, squirrels, anything that is resisting the allure of hibernation. Don't run too far off, please. I tend to fret more than she does, the worrisome mothering-type that I am. I know she can take care of herself, but I get uncomfortable when we are too far apart. She is the only one in this world I have any type of connection with, and it is a strong connection to boot. Stretching it with too much distance and I start to get jittery.

My two-toned forelock hangs shaggy over my forehead, threatening but not quite obscuring my vision. It has get to break off to a more manageable length and it goes well with the long winter coat that has grown in. I'm a furry beast and prepared for the cold. Though, this is colder than I'd like. I wander toward the entrance to the Falls, toward the treacherous path that even herd members must take care when traversing. I near the bottom of the trail, but stop nearby, seeing a stranger standing there. I puff out my chest. Is this an intruder? Damaris feels my change in attitude and becomes alert to me. I come back? She asks, questioning if I need her assistance. I shake my head no, as if she can see me, my ears and mane flopping back and forth. No. I say succinctly.

The stranger, a mare by her scent, is thick-bodied like me but taller - and thicker. She nearly blends in with the snow, her body paler than even Elsa's. Only her slightly darker legs give her away, plus the movement of her drinking from the pool that is situated so nearby our entrance. If she is an intruder, she doesn't seem to know that she's intruding. I walk toward her, chest puffed out and head held high, self-important as hell. I am a Legatus, if she's not supposed to be here, I can take care of her. "Excuse me, Comrade." I clear my throat and stop, standing square just a few yards away. "Lady Comrade you are in the Falls, may I ask whom you are?"

WC: 383
Tag: @[December]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

White December

The sound of his hoofsteps alerted her before the sight of him, and her crown moved to look at him just before he spoke. He was standing squarely, chest puffed most likely in an attempt to make himself look bigger. The sight almost made her smile. He also had strange horns upon his head, another thing she had yet to see in this land. First wings, now horns, what other mutated horse hybrids would she find here? She turned herself around gracefully, eyes of steel looking him up and down before she responded calmly"Yes I know, I live here after all. I presume you're a guard of here? No need to get yourself ruffled about me, I never bother anyone." She turned away to glance at the water, taking this moment to mumble,"Everyone seems to bother me."

She soon moved her gaze to the sky, mentally glaring at the Earth God for doing exactly the opposite of what she asked. Suddenly, her nose was assaulted by a stray clump of snow, which had dropped from a nearby branch, having broken against the weight. She tossed her head, taking a step or two back, where her hind hoof slipped at the waters edge and crashed into the water. A spike of cold surged her body, causing her eyes to widen and her nostrils to flare in surprise. Trying to recover from her moment of true discomposure, she shook the hind leg and brought her maw to the feathers, gently running her teeth against them in an attempt to dry herself, before setting the large limb down and looking at the stallion calmly, as if nothing had happened.

She would remember to not get openly angry with the Earth God again. Stepping forward a little, she spoke again,"White December. Midas brought me here. Are you a different kind of horse species like him? It's not like you'd put those horns on your head on purpose, right?" She was never one to be afraid to ask straightforward questions, and she had no intention of offending, it's just how she was, straight to the point and unfiltered.

The mare amuses me and it shows in my eyes as the clump of snow falls upon her. I don't snicker, but laughter fills me inside. I don't need to say anything, I'm sure she doesn't need me to embarrass her. She snorts her answer at me, that she already lives here, and that I have no need to get my feathers ruffled. If I had any. I rest a hind leg, taking her words to heart and relaxing my guard. 'Yup, doin' fine.' I comment to Damaris, and all of my muscles soften in my body. The lady takes to introducing herself and I make a note in the ledger in my mind. White December. Midas brought her - well of course he did. He's the recruiting King. I have tried my hand at it, to limited success, and find myself reluctant to travel to the Threshold too often. I don't like failure and it seems the trips there are so repetitive and not fruitful often enough. I roll my shoulders and cock my head as she asks if I am different than Midas. Well - of course I am? I am a draft horse and he is not. He is painted and goldish, I am not. I do not at first understand the question, until she mentions my horns. I cough, clearing my throat, and try to answer the question to the best of my knowledge. "Ah.. no.. I didn't put them there. I was born with them. Wasn't I? I mean, I don't remember my birth but I sure don't remember NOT having my horns and spikes. My nostrils flare and I respond with a tinge of pride. "But I certainly am happy to have them!" Me big stallion, full of pride and testosterone. You puny.. not so puny.. mare, full of lady bits and... I don't know where I'm going with this. My horns are amazing! More calmly I reply. "Midas is a pegasus, I am a unicorn. And you...." I glance her up and down with a twitch of a smile climbing upon my face unbidden. "Are neither."

I walk toward the water and paw at it lazily with a hoof, trying to hold my balance. I glance over at her with a pale eye, one lobe tilted toward her. "Have you been here long? I am not familiar with your name. I am Rostislav." I had almost forgotten to introduce myself. Silly me... not that it would make any difference one way or another, I'm sure. I turn my eyes from her large form and stare absentmindedly down into the water, but one lobe still listens for her response. It remains the only sign that my attention is still on her.

WC: 455

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

White December

As soon as she had made it clear that she wasn't a threat, the stud seemed to visibly relax, working something in his mind only for a moment, before flaring is nostril and declaring his satisfaction with the horns upon his skull. Her ear merely flicked, taking note of his indignation of her comment and storing it away in her mind under the folder that was this male. Soon he was explaining to her that Midas was a pegasus, which she had learned earlier, and that he was a unicorn. This definition was also tucked away in her information chamber, and her eyes were unwavering as he blatantly pointed out that she was neither. Not that she minded, this was true, but was she honestly the odd one out here? Were there more unicorns and pegasuses... pegasi? than simple equines?

She found that rather hard to believe. Soon the smaller figure was closing the gap between the two, working his way to the water and almost lazily placing his hoof upon the shimmery surface. Her head only turned slightly towards him, watching his every movement as he finally introduced himself. Rostislav. Certainly a new and strange name to her. Of course it's not like she could really talk, for her name was just as different than most. He had asked her a question, one she was trying to figure out if it was him interrogating her to make sure she truly was entirely harmless, or him trying to make casual conversation. She would have preferred the former, but knew better than to assume such.

"No," she began, her dark eyes never leaving the man next to her, tail lazily swishing at her hocks as she moved her gaze back to his horns, nostrils flaring momentarily in a brief state of curiosity. It was short-lived, and she moved herself back ground so she was facing the water once more, looking across the stream and into the deeper woods,"I only came here as a means of shelter. Midas was kind enough to offer his home to me in my need, and I am grateful, but not entirely pleased with... community living." She supposed that was the best way she could put it without coming off as entirely rude, she had learned her lesson before with that.

Soon, she found herself looking at his horns again. Oh the questions she had. She of course would never ask, because that would mean being curious and wanting to actually start a conversation, giving him the possible notion that she was interested in kinship. No, it brought too many possibly bad situations if she were to question anything about him. For now she would wait, staring at them nonchalantly every so often, and him too of course, and she would ignore the nagging of her curious mind as it begged to know the inner workings of Unicorns and Pegasuses...si. She would figure out the plural for that eventually.

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

My words are met with silence, but I think nothing of it. I am not particularly chatty myself and often find it off-putting in others. (Although, not having to be the one providing conversation is much preferred.) 'After all dear what is idle prattle for.' I blink slowly, waiting in the silence for her response. It comes, and though my ear shows I'm listening, I continue to gaze at the water. She has turned around as she was in the beginning, joining me. She manages to show as much disinterest as I have, intentional or not. I find myself becoming more comfortable with her. When was the last time there was a new female in the herd who wasn't batshit crazy? (Or hormonal, which is it!) I'm not an uptight guy - it's my nature to be comfortable and at ease around others. It used to be my nature to be always trying to get into a lady's pants... but with Aurelia, and then Wryn... I've been less than eager in that endeavor as of late. This female, however... Her potentially intimidating size and strength plus her apparent calm make for an interesting combination, and I find it soothing rather than alarming. My lower lip droops slightly as I realize that I'm feeling serene for the first time in ages.

'Wake up!' Damaris yelps in my head. She's sensed the lack of active thought and suspects correctly that I may still be in a conversation and needing to be an active participant. I start, and my ears slide back as I refocus myself, then forward to a pleasant, happy state again. I belatedly process December's words. I glance over to her, surprised that she's not happy-go-lucky about being in the Falls - this also separates her from the others. "Well at least you're honest." I shrug and over an accepting and easygoing smile. "Good news for ya then - it's very simple to be in a herd and keep your distance." I nod in the affirmative. I think that I myself have done a decent job. The only time I've had interaction with others has really been when I've actively sought it. Besides that... "There are some herd members I'm not sure I've ever met." And I've been here a fair while now.

WC: 380

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

He seemed to not be paying all that much attention again, only one ear towards her but his eyes seeming to droop and his jaw slowly dropping open, his entire form seeming to release any ounce of tension it once had. December didn't think she'd seen anyone act in such a way in her presence before. Most were annoyed or intimidated, or confused because they didn't know how to respond to her. She had seen pretty much every sort of expression towards her demeanor, except this one. She couldn't help but be bewildered and fascinated all at once as she studied the male. The cogs her in mind turned slowly but powerfully to try and concoct a reason as to why he was this way. Suddenly his head snapped up, ears shifting back towards her direction before he's soon offering an easygoing smile.

Her words get only a flick from her ear, before she's looking out across the stream and responding in her usual stoic tone,"I don't understand how I wouldn't be honest. To avoid the truth simply to benefit me not only seems selfish but time consuming, all for an outcome that may or may not be different from if you were to tell the truth." Long tail gracefully swishing against her legs, she paused to take in his additional comments, ones that made her snort in almost amusement. If only she had such luck like him. So far she seemed to be a magnet for company. Despite this, he had been the least stressful of all of those who had approached her, and she didn't know if it was for the good or for the bad.

"I hope to keep it that way," she mused before she could stop herself. If he had been looking at the right moment, he would have seen a slight smirk grace her smokey maw, some many have never seen upon her features throughout their entire existence. Her muscles soon relaxed, causing her ivory and smoke bodice to smooth out beneath her matte coat, and giving her a slightly more graceful appearance. Whether it was because she was always thinking and alert, or if it was just the stress of always anticipating unexpected company, December was usually tense, her muscles often showing or looking larger than they were because she was on edge. It had been quite awhile since her body had brought its defenses down.

She takes this time to bring her lips back to the black pool before her, the icy moisture assaulting her senses and causing a slight shiver to run along her spine. Her ears are still facing towards Rostislav's direction, although her eyes are shut to embrace the cool and let it numb her senses just for a moment. Sometimes she liked the sensation of feeling nothing, to let her mind think freely of other things besides biological senses, and this oddly enough, was her therapy. Soon her massive head was back in the air, and she was taking in the vast icy land around her, air clouding from her nostrils before she simply stated with the utmost flattened tone,"Fuck frostall."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 525
Tag: Rostislav}

image credits

She is more stoic than I am - much more. She is quiet as I am, but when she speaks there is a note of.. what is that, disdain? I guess we have very different ideas about honesty and how common it is. I glance over at her, watching with curiosity at her blank, straight response. At least I know that she'll be honest if I ask her anything. In my mind I laugh, wondering if there are any embarrassing questions I want to ask her. No, but perhaps I can keep this in the back of my mind for the future.

I watch her and catch a brief smile on her face, then it falls away as quickly as it came. I make no mention of it, not realizing how rare it is for this large lady. Her body relaxes as mine has, and I think that from the outside it may look like two herdmates just chillin' out on a cold winter's day. I shrug my shoulders and pay little attention to her words, except the last few that sneak out, suggesting that she would rather meat no one here. Well, that's her own loss. There are several nice creatures here, though I've never really thought of them so fondly. "Well, if you ever need an introduction to any of them - for whatever purpose." I add the last bit with a sly eye, realizing that if she needs to find someone it might not be for idle chit chat as we are doing now. "Give me a call and I'll help you out." I shake my head, letting my mane and forelock fall scraggly across my skin and obscuring my vision slightly.

WC: 283
Time to wrap up? sorry for the stupid crappy short post

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

With a shrug of his shoulders he simply dismissed her words, and she could only glance at him as he reached a hoof out should she need any assistance. It was a kind gesture she supposed, but one she most likely wouldn't need assistance with. Meeting others certainly wasn't on her list. The sly smile on his features made her ponder his intentions with the added note, but she only snorted and nodded, looking out forward once more before beginning to turn away. A sharp breeze hit her face suddenly, blowing her grey and white locks against her neck and withers, earning a displeased snort from the mare.

"Alright then. If I ever did want company, it would most likely just be yours, but I suppose... thank you."

She let her words hang in the air as she began to walk away. She was being honest when she said that, but usually she wouldn't feel the need to say such things, so why did she say something now? Perhaps the unicorn stud left more of an impression on her than they both could have thought. Especially since he got a thank you out of her. Strange man, she commented to herself, only letting her steel eyes glance at his frame once more before she strode forward. Off she went, pushing into the dense brush and making her way to another part of the herd lands, not even glancing at the spiky branches that poked and scraped her tough skin. Goodbyes were something she was never good at.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 257
Tag: @[Rostislav]
OOC: Sure! That's fine. I hope they can meet again though, I like where their relationship is at :3. If you ever want to plot with me about it pm me or skype me, I will respond faster to pm as my internet is limited atm.}

image credits