the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Empty Page [Death] (Closed)

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
She shudders. Body aching. Bones creaking. Joints popping. Was she really this broken? I didn't think she was. I thought she as growing stronger. Well, maybe she wasn't growing stronger physically, but she was learning how to place these emotions. Her loose associations had slowly begun to spread out farther and farther - offering her more time to be coherent in between.

Still, she refused to leave the shadows. She refused to allow herself to be seen by those who were around her. She wasn't the strong leader they had seen her as. She wasn't the same mare who they had needed, who they had followed. So, instead, yellow eyes peered from the shadows and a place of pain. They had been her family, but she'd never really understood the love that they could have felt. No. She didn't think that many had actually adored her. In fact, she thought about half of them wanted to murder her in her sleep. It had been true, though, for what seemed to be one of them. After all... Circuita had attacked her - tried to take her crown for reasons the mare hadn't even understood.

Choking up, she clambered to her feet, body swaying as she struggled to find her center of balance again. Her muscles were weaker now and Schwere was far from letting that aspect go. You were supposed to be able to hold your own. You were supposed to keep training. Instead, you let yourself go to waste. You could never save someone now. Disgraceful. He keeps hissing at her, and I can't stop him. There's too many other souls we have to keep at bay for me to fight him and them.

Brokenness. Even if she wanted to pretend that she wasn't, there was no doubt she was beyond repair. She didn't understand Midas' desire to try and fix her. She couldn't understand it. She wasn't worth the love. She wasn't worth the care. She doubted anyone could care for someone who hadn't ever understood how to feel until a month ago. Something had snapped, then, but snapped far beyond repair. Snapped so that she could feel but not control the voices. She had less power over these souls then she had before she had run away. It was painful. The one thing which had made her who she was... it was beginning to eat her from the inside out.

I was getting even more concerned for her now, though. For her mind was beginning to shatter under the pressure. Our once comfortable home that offered a cozy place for us to rest was cracking. We were fighting to keep the walls up and the darkness out. But we couldn't do it. Even we were not strong enough for her soul to radiate through the way it had before. It was because of this that her paranoia was beginning to take an even worse push forward.

Now the shadows were even dangerous. Each of their movements was beginning to form into the spirits from her head. She could see them. They weren't safe. No one was safe. At least... not to her. Nothing, really, was happening. It was all her imagination. She was clinging to some kind of sanity, some kind of hope. Her head swung back, orbs focusing upon the golden feather situated in her tail. "For him. Be sane for him." She doesn't realize she had told him she loved him. Most of the interaction was a haze in her mind, but I knew. I knew she loved him and that she had said it out loud. I knew she had the ability to care and that was all that mattered to me. I had raised a good daughter, regardless of all of these struggles, and I hoped that she would be the better for it.

So, she shuffles her way out of the shadows. She has to drink water, she has to keep eating. Though her body still trembles with every step across the snow-covered land she does not stop. It is when she gets to the riverside that she crashes her glass hoof into the lake and breaks the tiny layer of ice a top of it. Then, she begins to drink the cool liquid, feeling it coat her throat in a numbness much like her soul. Her eyes are hazed, so close to going back to her loose associations she had been in upon arrival. So, in a weak attempt to keep her mind hazed, she continues to drench her sorrows in the water.

Freezing. Shocking. Numb. A strange combination, but it was what she was feeling. She knew she wasn't alone. She knew Midas wouldn't be far away - he had told her he would be by her side. But she knew she wasn't alone in the realm of spirits either. She could feel them suffocating her. She wasn't sure she could breathe. They all wanted to be heard! But she couldn't. She couldn't let all of them be heard. It was impossible. She wants it to stop, so she slams her right fore into the water and covers her chest in the icy liquid.

One last vain attempt at staying sane. But would it work? Would she be able to stay sane?

This is Seele's death thread. I'm going to ask that if the person hasn't responded within 72 of their posting order that you skip them to keep this moving. Only those who I tag should be present (for my own sanity, and for this to have the metaphorical meaning which I desired to have). Anyone can post first to set the actual order of posting.
She will not die right away, as she does have a few words to (hopefully) say to each of them. Midas will be keeping her heart trinket in her tail when she actually passes away ^^ just an fyi. If you would like part of her red hair in her tail to braid into a character's who has been tagged, then just let me know and you can have some of that as well.

If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits

@[Midas] && @[Amara] && @[Reizend]
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

it only hurts when that door is opened
lies get tossed and truth is spoken

An uphill battle. Yar, she ate, drank. We spoke nothing more of love, but my dedication and her willingness to fight was louder than words. I never traveled far, just enough of a distance to hunt for food and do a rapid sweep of the borderers next to the area we were staying in. These things kept me occupied, kept me from dreading or worrying.

A lose satchel made of woven twigs, dried leaves and other forest things, hung around my neck. I stuffed things that were edible in it. Pickings weren't all that great, but what little I found went into Seele's belly.

Fina and Neve were my eyes while away on these little excursions. I'd gathered enough for her and turned back to the spot we were bedded down in. Yar, my own stomach curled with hunger; I'd only been forging for myself during the late evening and early morning hours. When she was sleeping, FIna would come near and be her warmth while I ate and drank alone.

"Water," Fina whispered through our bond.

Snow crunched beneath my feet. Frostfall was showing its ugly face tenfold the amount I was accustomed to. Upon entering the hollow we shared in a cluster of trees, I noticed Seele was near the water as my phoniex had mentioned. Aye, and not just near. IN. "For Earth's sake, " I uttered in frustration, "Seele," patched forelimbs moved toward the bank, "That is surely frigid. Come out, I've brought ye some food." Steps paused at waters edge, I frowned at the broken ice.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
i won't be saved

i am lost. my existence has diminished to nothingness. somewhere along the way to recovery i found myself falling back into an emotionless abyss. my life is merely a mess of memories, scrambled, mixed and overlapping, some intertwining with the dreams and the nightmares that haunt my sleep. my emotions fade out, greying so there is not in between moods. it is either i am fuming with rage or desiring nothing more than to lay down and weep until my eyes run dry and my body shrivels. my world is nothing more than cowering within the shadows haunted by voices and memories that i'll likely never let go of only because they are all i have to keep me from losing myself completely.

sameira's own mood has been low, our bond dragging her into the pits with me, ensnaring her in my own trap of pitiful self destruction. she's stronger than i am, fighting against the reins of depression, keeping it at bay. she cares for me more than i care for myself, often poking and prodding until i get up to eat and drink. some days she'll leave and won't return until nightfall of the next day, leaving me to do it myself. she's begun to do that regularly, and refuses to tell me where she's gone, only returning after the moon rises over the falls.

i hate to say i had almost forgotten who i was, watching as the line between friends and enemies blurred. white hot burning rage would rise and bubble, brewing from the deepest corners of my being at the mere thoughts of sikeax stepping a foot closer to me, or seele ducking in to check on me. i would spit and snarl, snapping at sameira if she ever dared come close. by now she knows not to approach me while i'm having an episode, usually running away to find something to do until i calmed myself down. some nights it was not rage but fear, panic, a paranoia that clings to the back of my mind, a spot i can't scratch. for hours during this state i'll mindlessly itch and bite at my sides, the areas beneath my wings hairless and infected. i would sob into my wounds, choking on my tears as i fall farther back into despair. with tooth and claw i would fight my way into a state of neutrality, where i was most at ease. but no matter how hard i tried i would always stumble back and end up at the bottom once again.

in the cold, my body shakes and trembles. sameira has gone on another adventure, and likely won't return until tomorrow. i can feel the faintness of our bond, how i can feel her mind tug with each sound she hears, the sounds of shuffling feet, tiny patters of mice, the crunching of snow underfoot, these sounds flooded my mind now and then, my ears twitching at the slightest indication of another life.

i find myself freezing down to the bone, thin body shaking rapidly, heat escaping through my mouth. struggling to stand up, i feel pain shoot up my leg, my body stumbling forward as i try to regain my balance. a fresh wound on my foreleg sends my mind reeling as i frantically try to remember what had happened. a large whole in my memory of last night brings the air out of my lungs as i suck in, the knot in my throat bobbing. i had an episode last night didn't i? my eyes flicker up into the harsh, snow covered falls, taking a hesitant step forward as i await sameira's response. "thus why i left amidst the night." her tone is soft, sympathetic, soothing as it melts over me. she's trying to be as sweet as she can despite her own emotions being jumbled only because mine have a great influence over her. heaving myself into the open world i swallow the knot in my throat, feeling it dissipate. but in turn tears rolled from my cheeks, the cold air of frostfall threatening to jump at them and freeze them before they even leave my eyes.

stumbling forward on unsteady legs, i move along the outskirts of the falls, wanting not to run into anyone. i do not think i will run into anyone until i see midas, the painted king striding towards a handful of trees. perking my ears i begin to step back, my stomach no longer empty but filled with fear, i begin to turn until i see a flicker of sameira's body snaking within the trees midas was heading for. what are you doing? my thoughts to her are weak whispers, yet still firm. i can see her change in expression as soon as my words reach her. she angles her head towards me, responding with a single name that sends me reeling back into the shadows of my conscious. "seele." the grim way she says it implies that there is nothing to smile about in this time. managing to break into a slow, heavy canter, i pursue sameira as she darts through the trees, strides ahead of me. bursting into a clearing i see midas, hooves dancing at the edge of a frozen river bank. my eyes drag across the snow covered earth to find seele standing on thin ice, body thin and battered.

i do not hesitate to rush forth, panic flowering across my features. tears leave wet stains falling over my cheeks, crystalline drops rolling down my face as i fight my way to seele with my heart thumping madly beneath my chest. "seele!" i choke out, hooves anxiously dancing at the edge of the river, my wings flapping as i push myself away from the edge of the surface of the icy river. i look towards midas with my veins pulsing, body trembling, eyes wide with fear. she is standing on dangerous ground, and i cannot stand by to watch. the constant fatigue i had been facing had been pushed aside by the pure rush of fear and anxiety as i dance along the edge of the river. why had i not seen her before? why had i not gotten off my ass to find her rather than rolling in my own self pity? my stomach twists and knots with each question, cheeks wet from my tears and joints throbbing dully from all the movement i don't normally do.

tags • kinda long and rambly

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
I don't really know why I am here. We have never been particularly close, Seele and I, not even after her realization that we are kin. Of course, it's not like I gave her much of a chance, fearing her wrath more than I had ever guessed I would. I have struggled for so long to gain her trust, her confidence, her adoration - knowing full well that she could never feel, not really. She is not like me. She is harder, coarser, molded into a shape that I was never able to fit. And so when I was finally found out, I ran. I hid.

I am a coward.

I cannot save her now.

I don't even know what she is going through, but upon cresting a small hill and seeing her crash through the ice, the cold blue crackling across my vision, I know that something is wrong. Seele may not feel, may not care, but she has a remarkable sense of self-preservation - she had to, to survive our father's ministrations. But then, I have not seen her for some time now, seclusion myself from not only my sister but from the herd as well. Maybe she has changed. Maybe something has gotten through her solid walls, across the pits of barbed wire that surround her tortured soul.

I do not speak as I approach, though I distantly register the appearance of Midas and Amara. Their voices and their colors are dim and faraway, beckoning to my senses but failing to grasp my attention. I have eyes only for her, for this sister that I have longed for and disappointed, so many times, in so many ways. How could I have ever thought that I would be worthy of her? I was revealed to her and left her to suffer alone. I am still afraid, but I will not run from this. Not this time.

I stare at her silently, willing her to come out of the frigid water.

Abba
Midas came first. She couldn't have expected anything less. He always seemed to catch her in her darkest hours. The times when she didn't want to be seen but felt like she really needed the comfort, when she felt like she needed to know she wasn't completely alone. He was like a knight in shining armour, shedding light on her paranoia and allowing her a few chances to feel normal.

Alas, it is the snow crunching that pulls her head up, turns her around, and has her start to emerge from the shallow depths she had started to trudge into. She had only done it to remind herself she was alive. To keep herself from spiraling even further gone. Yet, his disapproving words are what pulled her from the depths until she arrived at his side with the sound of other hooves approaching quickly. The winged frame dances at the edge until Seele is up against the bank - eyes locking with those of her half-sister's in the distance.

"Amara," she whispers, steadying herself between the three of them. A struggle to appear strong coursed through her veins.They didn't deserve to see her like this. She reaches out for the young one, the one who she called a daughter. The one who had grown so much taller than her. The one who was just as malnourished and broken. She kicked herself on the inside. If she had been here Amara wouldn't have withered away the way she was. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have left..." she chokes, emotions she should never have been able to feel hang in the air like a disease. It's not right, but it's there. The grief. The guilt. The pain.

Sides heave, ribs still showing, obviously, as she looks toward Reizend. "... Sister?" she questions, heart breaking. Yellow eyes search for some kind of recognition in the only one who might truly understand this pain, this torture, of her own soul. "How could you not tell me... how could you not tell me I had a family..." she shudders, she breaks. Her limbs are trembling, body recognizing the chill before her mind can even willingly take it in. And so she clings to Midas. She clings to the only one who had ever seen her break.

I try to keep her present. I try to keep the haze from entering her gaze. But it's so difficult. We don't have the energy to continually put up this fight. You had family, though, Seele. You had family in Amara and Midas... and even in Reizend before you recognized her as a sister... Please know you weren't alone... I plead with her, but I doubt it works for now she's talking aloud to my own silent pleas. "It's not the same, mother. It's not. I had blood... I had a bond that should have been there!" her voice rises in a heated battle of anguish.

Please. My dear. Think these thoughts, don't shout them. You will concern those around you more! I beg, and she only starts to cry. The shadows are closing in, and her paranoia is rising.

But her head shakes, and even with the slight paranoia mingling with the dark haze of her illness she pulls her attention toward Amara. "I should have been here. I should have protected you... Has the darkness been eating your soul too? Your mind? Please. You can't always be strong... but you have to at times." she says, struggling to explain the darkness in her own mind without really explaining it. To offer some kind of solace for the young one who has to be in a panic.

Could they understand? Would they accept such a shattered version of who she used to be?

Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

Skin and bones. Seele turns to regard me, not nearly as concerned about being submersed in frigid liquid as I'd have her be. Ice swirls around taunt flesh as she steps out of the water. A moment of relief swallows concern. Yar, thank Earth. I'm still frowning but the grim look isn't one of disgust; it is a broken expression. One bordering fear and dying hope. I couldn't understand why she was getting so much weaker instead of stronger. My sister and friend ate, drank, rested. Nar, nothing seemed to be restoring energy effectively enough to win this uphill battle. Again and again she relapsed.

I kept expecting a better day to come, or a better night; her best days seemed like a distant vision. There were no more good days.

Silence is shattered by noise of someone breaking snow in the forest. One ear flicks back as the sounds drew near to our location, crown turns wary eyes to witness a two year old from our clan coming through the trees. The young girl appeared to be handling our seasonal luck rather poorly. Instinctively I shifted closer to Seele, the nearest feathers stretching to cover her freezing frame with what warmth could be offered. Cold moisture slipped onto my dense fur, slicking it back. I stiffened, jaw clinched together to prevent a sudden shiver from chattering my teeth.

"Goodness Seele," I breathed, "ye is half frozen." I shifted closer, and urged Fina from the treeline. She glided over without argument, those simmering orange, red flames licked the frosty air with gentle kisses. Across my back she perched, fanning the fire higher, stronger, until she became a personal heater. "Thank ye," I whispered through our bond. Fina said nothing in reply, her usual spite and fiery spirit was dimmed by the forlorn she'd felt in my mind.

More company arrived, a dear friend I'd not seen in a long while. Her presence I greet with a worn smile, "She isn't getting better," perhaps Reizend could mend this, "Can ye heal her?" Onni comes forefront again, whispering to my heart, "A broken mind isn't so easily mended by magic." Seele spoke to the woman child, I listened passively until she regarded Reizend as a member of her family. A sister, and not in the way we called everyone. Yar, say true? Real family. Attention turned to Reizend, expecting an answer of some form. Had I'd know that she was a blood relation, I'd have sent for her and perhaps this...wouldn't be bleak.

Hidden Account
rooster
"... Sister?"

Of all the words that danced across my retinas, a murky, burnt version of Seele's normal orange-red hue, this was the one that struck me to my core. I might have fallen to my knees, cried out with shame and grief, for I knew then that she was too far gone for me - for anyone - to call her back; but her yellow eyes locked with my own, accusing, searching, pleading for some semblance of an answer, a reason, understanding, acceptance.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, the words falling from my lips before I realized I had something to say. The fell, colourless, into the void that had opened, the chasm that yawned in the empty space between us. I stumbled forward a step, sorrow and pain etched into my features, something in my pupil-less gaze begging her for her forgiveness. "I should have told you, Seele. I should have been there for you."

Schwere appeared in an angry green rear, prancing back and forth on the edges of my vision. It bled around the edges, flickering along the lines of Seele's image, as though waiting to devour her. Everything took on an emerald hue - his taint, stronger then ever, breaking through my defenses as my emotions override me. Light blue and deep red flicker through, and the shapes of Liebling and Unheil stood stoically in the background. They lack Schwere's fervor, but I knew they were waiting, just as surely as he was.

Gold interrupted, and with tears in my eyes I turn to Midas, who was watching me hopefully, expectantly. What was I to tell him? There was nothing I could do for her, not in this. She was tainted, her colour the shade of dried blood, darker and dimmer than its normal vibrant orange-red - and this, more than anything, told me that she was beyond my abilities of intervention. "I can do nothing," I tell him, my voice breaking. "Her pain, her suffering - it has overcome her.

"Please," I plead with my half-sister. "Please Seele. Let us help you. Find the light."

Abba
He draws in closer, like the kind of man I wish Seele could have garnered earlier. If only she had fallen to him sooner. If only I had pushed her back before everything completely broke. There is a pain, though, that still lingers as I look at this. The way that he drapes his wing over her frozen body, pressing in closer to her to warm her... it's all a lost attempt. I think almost everyone had accepted that at his point.

Still, he fought. Closer in space until Seele could have buried her head and hid from the world again. And, with this closeness came his companion, a heater in this horrid cold. She said nothing in response to his comment about being half-frozen. No, she was stuck on the fact that her sister hadn't told her earlier that they were related. She was preoccupied with the shredded portions of her heart. With a shake of her head, she turned to face him. "I'm sorry... I'm trying to be strong - to fight for you..." she whispered. It was true, though. At this point she was only fighting to stay alive for him... so he didn't shatter like she had...

He was in pain, though. Midas was in pain. He wanted her healed, and I don't think that could even happen. And, it seemed, as though Seele's rambling hit a chord with the pale sister. An apology fell from her lips as her pupil-less gaze fell and then returned to match the yellow ones who were so far gone. Her sister stumbled forward a step, asking for forgiveness. Tears, though, are what fell from Seele's eyes. Something that should never have fallen, something she should never have been able to feel. "Just... don't leave now..." she chokes, reaching out to press a maw against her sister's flesh wherever she would allow it.

Reizend speaks about being unable to save her, and Seele just ignores it. It doesn't matter, she hadn't expected to be healed- she wasn't broken, at least not in her mind. She just needed rest, food, and Midas... she needed to be able to love. Yet, Reizend pleads with her to find the light and all Seele can say is, "The light isn't safe... they attack in the light,"

You see, Seele's merely amazed that Reizend cannot see that, cannot understand that. The light had never been safe for Seele... she wasn't sure that would ever change.

I'll bring in the soul/demon/shade things after y'alls next round of posting and before I post again ;3
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

Why does her sister look to me with such forlorn? I expected mayhaps a small portion of hope, perhaps a great summoning of energy that would signal a valent healing effort. Yet that jaw remains set not toward mending, but standing passively by... pleading.

Unrational, emotion charged anger flares, and I'm forced to look away lest I upset Seele or someone else further. "There must be something," tone is tight, desperate to win this unyielding battle, "anything that might help give strength. Surely thee has some experience." My gaze races to her foamy face, a smothering haze is upon both orbs. The mark of a struggling man who was approaching wits end. She'd cured dozens, with various ailments, why was this any different?

There had to be something that would quicken this. I hold fast when Seele reaches out, anticipating her motions to safe guard against a sudden lapse that would alter the situation. "I'd thought to take her to Earth," my words are quiet, but assertive. At this point I'd give anything to see that stubborn, authoritive light flare behind those gold rimmed eyes. Even if it meant carrying her unwilling self along the frozen trail. Fina chuckled, in spite of the grim situation; she found the mental image of Seele scowling weakly, giving my ears a tounge lashing, humorous. I however, thought the joke was in poor taste and as a result Fina closed her jaw and fell silent. This shadow of a girl wasn't the woman I knew, Seele... I'm willing to fight.

i won't be saved

stumbling forward, body trembling, seele finds comfort in a circle of loved ones. she apologizes for her mistakes, words falling to my feet with sorrow rising like smoke to my nose, a breathe in and my lungs grow corrupt. my chest throbs as a mare of turquoise and alabaster finds her way to seele's side, from seele's lips befalls the word sister, somewhere inside i find envy lurking, snickering at me because i was really just a stranger to all here but seele. because i wasn't related to seele through the way she was. "but seele chose you, to carry your burden along with hers," sameira's point is correct, that seele had indeed chosen to carry my worries with her own, and all the others she had chosen to carry. maybe that's why she was so broken, because she had finally been crushed beneath everyone else's problems, her own problems drowning in a sea of other's burdens, leading her to forget. they had been neglected for so long they grew, slithering out from the dark to take hold. but maybe it wasn't her mind that was broken? maybe there was more to it than that, more that could be known but little that would be told.

i watch seele speak with midas and her sister, lingering behind them, feeling smaller and less important as midas drapes his white wing over seele's bony frame, the blue hued mare pressing in close. lingering behind, my ears fall back and my vision blurs, tears pooling. it seems i had almost gotten over such pitiful emotions before stumbling back down into a pit of nothing, swallowed by my own lingering thoughts of loneliness. sameira pushes her weight against my back leg, a sign that she was here. because the only one i really knew was shrouded behind a wall of strange faces.
sorry i didn't post last time ! :c hope its ok i popped in here c:

Hidden Account
rooster
As she begs me not to leave, I swallow hard, tears swimming across my multi-hued vision. This was all I ever wanted - Seele's affection and approval - but this was wrong, the way the colour of her voice was wrong. Do you know what blood smells like? Do you cringe away from it, realizing that its taint will wrap itself into your mind, drawing you in and repulsing you all the same? Such is the way Seele's fall haunts me, pushing and pulling at my emotions, coaxing me into a shivering sweat. "I won't leave you," I promise her in a whisper, my voice raw and wild. "None of us will. Just breathe."

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Wrong.

My vocals try to soothe her, try to force a calming balm over her frantic, heaving terror. That is the only way I can describe what I see in her eyes - but I cannot look for too long before I find myself shrinking away from the pain I cannot heal, the darkness I cannot banish. How could I, when the same darkness lies in me? We are of the same blood, Seele and I - of course, she got the worst of it, but how can I help her when I have never been able to help myself? I have only learned to live with it better than she.

Schwere paces, flickering ever closer to Seele in what I can only describe as death's march - there is something hungry in the way he moves, the way he prowls, almost catlike, towards his other daughter. For once, his insanity is not meant for me, not focused on my alleged weakness - no, for once, I am stronger than she; and his memory, or his soul, or his ghost, or whatever he is in my vision, longs for some other victim. Liebling and Unheil, quiet but ever-present, are a gentle aura in the edges of my sight. But our father takes the stage, vivid and active, slashing and cutting through the air before me.

"There is nothing I can do, Midas," I answer the Czar, my voice hardened with the knowledge of my defeat. "Sickness of the body is easy - you remove the symptoms, treat the infection. It's visible, it's biological, it's right there in front of you. But the mind? Gods only know how our minds even work, much less how they get all fucked up." I pause, my breath falling shakily through my nostrils in a harsh sigh. "The God of the Earth might be the only one who could help her. I don't know. All I know is that I can't fix this. We can be here for her, but we cannot save her."

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
all the VOICES in my MIND
The darkness, it had a life of its own. Shadows cast from the trees around the group seemed to shift, but not in accordance with the sun. Those who were neglecting to pay enough attention to the gentle, quiet, and slow movements of the creeping shadows would not know of the danger until it was too late.

You see, these shadows were no longer shadows. The angry souls who had been silent for so long were beginning to fight back. They wanted to be heard, and the one person who could do that had not been speaking for them. Slowly, they began to pull at the edges of the shadows, morphing them ever so carefully into what looked like horses and their companions.

Then, these dark shapes began to separate. Each dark figure severed its ties to the original shadow. Darkness cast off of the trees returned, but the equines and companions remained. They remained, and began to actually spring to life. From shadows on the ground they became three dimensional figures that were whispy, like smoke, but black as ink. They seemed to soak up the light, dimming the area where they were standing and creating a rather ominous atmosphere.

There were screeches. Much like cries of pain, of hatred. And then, without warning, the figures leapt toward Amara - the easiest target at the moment that would, hopefully, force the others to spread out. Soon, though, they would go for Midas. They would punish him for occupying their dark maiden - the one who was supposed to speak for them. If they could get rid of him… they could finally have a real voice once more.
calling out ACROSS the line

Abba
He talks around her, as if she isn't there. He is pleading for her life when she is right beside him and he doesn't even speak as though she were present. I am partially insulted, but I know that he must be trying to find a way to deal with what is before him. He must still be in some kind of denial.

Still, her eyes are focusing on the darkness that she calls home. Seele can feel the unrest of the souls, and he doesn't know how to stop it. Her pleas for Reizend to stay were answered. The blue-hued sister promised her that she would not leave. Good, she could relax, maybe. She wouldn't be alone. That much I was glad for. Still, we had given up fighting. We were simply trying to calm her and soothe her in what we assumed was nearing to the end of her time. Her mind was even more shattered than before, and anything could break it now.

But the darkness catches her attention again, as Reizend begins talking about how it was impossible to heal her. The darkness was forming shapes… tearing apart and moving in ways that were not natural. She shifts her weight, eyes widening as she reaches to nip at Midas' shoulder. "There's something coming…" she nearly hisses, trying to find a way to get out from under his wing - out from behind Reizend. Amara needed to be protected first. She was the youngest, she was the child. She had the longest life ahead of her.

For all that could be said, Seele seemed to have found some strength, some fight. Her muscles trembled, but she was already trying to calculate what was happening, how to get rid of those things before her in her head. It was the screeches, though, that caused her to wince, falling backward a stride as she pinned her ears. All too familiar, but too loud to be normal. They were definitely here.

And then, they were all going toward Amara. Her eyes snapped open to see them beginning to swarm, and she shot forward a few steps. "Amara! Run!" she demands, cussing in German under her breath as she attempted to charge the dark figures. But, her charge only resulted in her going straight through mist and spinning around, now on the opposite side of the pack.

Well, this is going to be very interesting.

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

My anger was not directed toward Reizend. It was pointed to thyself, for the naivety of this soul and my inability to be useful in our situation. Though the sea foam healer might believe such unspoken truth to be false, considering the manner which I bore into her stare as if by doing so would magically induce some grand inspiration that could mend this. Yar, she speaks a wisdom I'd understood all along. Yet denied it. It was what Onni preached some years ago. A mind is complex, difficult if not wholly impossible to repair. At least by us, our magic, much like the soul itself was imperfect. But there are those with unblemished power.

Still, the finality of those words are like a vacuum or black hole; they pull me further into a swirling realm of helpless despair. Visibly my strained tendons and muscles loosen, just as a sigh exiting this body, my spirit did groan as hope lost some of its pent up momentum. Unsure dread lowers my gaze to the soil, I didn't want them to see me; their leader, their guide, in such a state. After a moment my resolve had thickened enough that I'm able to utter, "Then to Ear..." but my words are halted by Seele pressing into my shoulder and pinching flesh smartly between her teeth. I instinctively flinch, assuming the action was in retort for me stating that we visit our patron for a solution.

Yar, how wrong I am.

Ears fall sharply against my skull; dark crown jerks up as her words of warning reach me. Brows dig a furrow, glinting glass eyes seek the direction she bore. The air around yon timber is suddenly darker, somehow drained of even sunlight. A blackness creeps from the earth and assumes form. Their sudden cry is one that promises death. Fina screams, flailing her wings and adding to noise. It was only when the shrill cries stopped that I realize my teeth are clinched painfully together and the faint taste of bloods has bloomed upon my tongue. This body is trembling and my heart is racing, though tis not from fear. Even as they simmer and shift like something from a nightmare. I start to move forward, the bend of my right forelimb is drawn up.

The embellished steel around my neck hums like a pulse, begging to be called upon. Seele lunges out from beside me; did she aim to take on the tide alone? A single denying word remains trapped behind my jaws, tis lodged deep in my throat. Alas there is no time to say it; not when seconds pass in a single instant.

I'd been binding time-- waiting for them to move, to break their aggressive stance. The moment they shifted from those trees my power erupts from earth. A huge swath of sand rises, swirling to shield yon babe. (Who had unwittingly become the first target.) Swifter than an eye can blink, a wall of sand builds to block this oncoming swarm. Seele screams for the youth to escape. Perhaps my protection would offer time to do just that.

As a wave would splash unto the surf, so did my plates slide across painted flesh. They glide neatly into place and without a moment to spare. Their weight gives me strength, for it is a familiar reminder of battle. Iron swords are lashed to both wings which are now arching high above my body. Fina springs for the air, her jaws wide and flames searing. She goes for the farthest wraith. Aiming to desolve the smoky wisps with fire. Neve looks on in terror. She backs next to the solid bark of a tree high above our fray, uncertain and panicked. I can only ward her away, there is no leftover time or energy to calm her. Armored crown thrusts forward, aiming for the neck of one shadow beast, my feathers thrash ahead, the blades angled to slice and dice.

Hidden Account
rooster
I have only just finished speaking when Seele's gaze sharpens, hardens; she stares wide-eyed at the shadows, hissing a warning. I am about to tell her that she is seeing things, that there is nothing out to get her - any jumble of words in a soft-spoken voice, anything to offer her some comfort and calm - but then I see the shift, the subtle flicker that sends me reeling backward and out of my sister's way as she leaps for Amara. Her charge is unsteady and inaccurate, and the result is a headlong rush through mists that no longer harbor the darkness leaping for our throats - or, more specifically, Amara's.

Midas joins the fray and all is confusion. I lose sight of Amara, and I am unsure if that means she has taken Seele's desperate cry as an order and complied or if we are too late to save her. The darkness screams, covering my vision in the purest of blacks, far darker than any night I have lived, any cave I have traveled. This is the blackness of death, ready to take any and all of us. It terrifies me. I cannot see through it, and this leaves me with a feeling of helplessness that I can hardly throw off.

"No!" I shriek, flailing madly from side to side, seeking to drive the shadows from me with my horn. I swallow hard, forcing myself to focus, and I realize that I can dimly make out the shapes of my companions. My own ghosts and their colours stand idly by, as though waiting for something - I do not pause to consider what that might be. Instead, I carefully position myself so that I will not harm my sister or our Czar, then attempt to drive my horn through the nearest shadow. I don't know if they can be pierced, if they can be defeated - but I must try to protect Seele. She is too broken to face this.

i won't be saved

suddenly, everything is off, my world sinks and silences. my heart pounds as i watch shadows dance and mold, shifting and shaping into things, horses bound by darkness. the world was drained of all it's light, everything i had known was fading before my eyes as i feel my skin crawl, body tingling wearily as wispy black smoke consumes the world. screams threaten to break into my mind, my eyes widening as they tear through my flesh, their horrific howls making me cringe with pure pain, body trembling by the pure force of the wails that fall from the lips of the shadow beings. "seele!" i wail, voice choking out and knees trembling. i am weak, i cannot fight even if i dared to try. sameira jumps back, howling and yipping as the shadows close in around me, her body set ablaze as she growls and howls, teeth bared at the shadows that scream, ears flat.

seele's voice cracks like a whip through the dark, demanding i run. rearing up and opening my wings, i try to move, but everywhere i look there is darkness gathering, crawling towards me with ferocious intent. everything was a blur as seele races through the mist with her horn angled, slicing through the air with no hope of cutting into the shadows. tears well in my eyes as my stomach twists and knots, wings scrunching up as i topple over, body shaking as i lay on the ground with my head buried between my legs, mouth gaping as i howl in tune with the souls from the shadows. i scrunch my wings up tight in my moment of vulnerability, choking up tears as fear took me tightly with it's wispy appearance, cutting off my air as it hissed and snarled in my ears.

sameira threw herself towards me, pawing at my shoulder where my left wing connects to my body, teeth hitting my skin and pulling, her tiny nips causing me pain as my skin stretched. come on! her screams of desperation ring in my ears but i do not move, instead i use the voices and the sound of midas's clinking metal armour to drown out the sound of sameira's desperate voice. finally a searing pain jumps up my neck, i can feel drops of blood dripping down my shoulder and staining my feathers, leaving a dark trail down my coat. raising my head and opening my teary eyes, i notice sameira staring at me with a stern and hurt look, a dribble of blood on her chin. sorry, she murmurs, putting her nose beside my wound with a sorrowful look. shaking my head, i begin to haul myself up, rising in a tangle of legs and sorrow, i throw myself nearest to where seele had once been after slashing at the shadows, trembling as they tear and claw, solid masses that did not at all appear solid but rather smoky, wisps of ink black smoke curling and pulling, forming into shapes of horses and companions, jumping at me with anger and ferocity, surrounding me. i felt pain rake across my body, pooling blood and a faint cry out i sink back, wings open as i flap them, trying to keep the shadows away from me.

slipping this in here (also abba gave me permission to post prior to her)

User-based Random Event
The sand, the spearing of horns. It does nothing to stop these creatures. They swarm, they raid. They break. They do not touch the child, though. No. That would be cruel. But aren't they? Aren't they cruel? It doesn't matter. They just want Seele to listen and speak for them!

More cries. More screams. They disperse as soon as the wings begin to flap on the child, as quickly as they had appeared. As soon as they see that the group has separated enough to get to Midas they suddenly reform - moving through objects as if it were nothing. After all, they were souls. They were here for the pain. They were here to be heard.

The air was colder now, though. It had seemed to drop. To freeze. It was moving in, trying to take down the painted stag. And words finally hit the air - well, words that would actually make sense this time. "Go away! Go away so we will be heard!" It's a screech. A painful screech full of blame for the one thing that they thought was keeping Seele from voicing all of their problems to the world.

They would kill him if they had to. This time, the words were not the only thing that came to life, though. This time they also began to harden as they pressed up against him. They tried to cut at Midas - they tried to inflict pain. Or, at least they wanted to.

Abba
"NO!" she screamed, complete panic in her soul. These things were attacking her family. The way that Amara was stuck cowering so far below the dark shadows was killing her. And Reizend was trying to fight, and Midas was calling upon the sands. Everything was racing.

She hadn't fought like this in a while. In fact, she wasn't even in the shape to fight like this. But we… we'd given up on stopping her. And, as the souls dissipate from around Amara she seems to calm, for just a second. Well, at least until they shoot toward Midas. Her eyes are moving, switching between each of her family that was present.

She needed to save him. She needed to keep Midas alive. "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! He's not the reason! It's not his fault!" She screams, hearing their pleas to be heard. Why couldn't they just understand that she didn't like having to listen to all of them, all of the time. She shoves forward, trying to run through them again as her soul magic bubbles to the surface. "Just go away!" she screeches as she tries to pull these souls away - make them float freely rather than connecting to the shadows that they are already possessing to torture her family. "I won't do it! I can't do it anymore! Just stop!"

She's crying. She's sobbing. She wants it to end. She wants the voices to end. And so she charges and takes her place in front of Midas. And between the sobs she screams: "If you want to punish someone - PUNISH ME!"

Her voice breaks, "just don't hurt him - I love him… I love them all…"

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

There are protected places in Helovia. Sacred temples and caverns that spirits are forbidden to cross; but they are far from here. Armored points strike nothing at all, blades slice and miss their mark; surprise is followed with a sickening dread. How was it this smoky creatures could become visible to our eyes, but invisible to an attack? Their breath is ice, felt even through my armor. It shakes resolve and plants a seed of fear in my heart, terror that they water with super growth. I fall back to earth. Fina finds no success, she roars her fury at also having lost an attempt.

The foamy healer is swinging madly about; her spear is near but also failing to land even a single blow. The specters pass through sand and bodies like there was nothing there at all. My magic wavers and falls back to dirt, a useless waste of energy. I hear a scream and in this confusion it is impossible to place the origin. Hopefully yon child had fled.

Suddenly their presence vanishes for a moment, I swirl round. Teeth clinched and war in my eyes. The shadows come again, for me. Above is the sound of fire, racing toward their attack. Sand flies forward, spears form in rapid succession, they fly and soar straight through those wispy bodies. Nothing penetrates them. Strength is precious, and they'd see me spent. Another cry, this one born from the spirits. I pause, breath is raspy and hard to draw. Their words are heard, though I don't understand the reasoning. I'm trembling, sweat is already foaming beneath my steel as they circle, like an elk surrounded by wolves. I wait. They draw near, Fina circles me from above. Seeking opportunity.

My crown lowers, chin tucks toward my throat to defend that vital part. They come forward and I hold fast, until their ghostly touch becomes something more than an icy mist. No longer are yon spirits invisible, their forms take a solid look. A thing that might be wounded. Fina! She dives and circles me, driving her wings into those shadowy shapes. I spin on heel and tuck my head low, golden pinions stretch, the blades glimmer as I jerk into a sharp turn. Seele is screaming, crying. These ears hear her faintly; why hasn't she fled with the child? Why didn't she leave?

Her form passing in front of my vision, drawing dangerously close to blades and fire. I'm forced to pause or risk injuring the dark girl I'd been trying so passionately to protect. Her words catch my heart though there is no time to acknowledge them. Golden toes skid to a stop, "Go!" I roar, turning toward the shades as Fina regroups and gains altitude. "Follow the child," Words are rushed and raspy. These beasts might seize my life, but perhaps I could save kin by giving them as much time as possible.

User-based Random Event
The voices heard her. But, the voices didn't care. They didn't even want to pay attention to everyone else that was there. You see, one second they were there and the next second they weren't. And that. THAT pissed them off. A hiss, a growl, a snapping noise, and then the shadows were back as Seele said to take her instead of that damn painted stag before them.

"FINE!" they screech, grabbing at her hair and dragging her forward, away from the painted pegasus. Claws digging into her flesh, cutting wounds at what seemed to be so weak. They tried to draw out bone. They tried to make it rain blood. And yet they were angry. Angry at her for not giving the world the messages they wanted it to be given.

"She will not follow the child. Seele will pay." the voices said, hanging in the air for a long time. And then, they tried to stab her all over. No more slashing, just stabbing. Tearing muscles and trying to break bones all at once. They wanted her dead. They wanted her to pay. And no one could stop them.

It was only when they were certain that there was no point of immediate return for the black, soul-hearing mare that they stopped, that they vanished from thin air. They only wanted her life in return for the lives that they had lost.

Fair, was it not? They seemed to think so.