the Rift

[OPEN] A Whiter Shade of Pale.

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

Dark hooves scrape across the powdered earth, the sun peeking out from behind dark, ominous clouds as they roll lazily across the sky. The white-washed morning landscape is quiet and cold while flakes drift down from leafless canopies. The malnourished woman moved along a hidden trail, her head bobbing low between her shoulders with each light step; the only noise that filled her small, fuzzy ears was the ring of solitude and the squeak of escaping moisture beneath her feet. Once again the rag doll is alone, left without a friend in the world. Her mind - currently occupied by the delicate clouds rolling from her small nostrils - is distant from this place in time.

In her mind, the brutt can only imagine a world full of love; one where her family occupies her side. Though, this family is not made of blood, but instead is replaced by childhood imaginary friends.. and her dear father. The very same father she now believes she killed by leaving. Before you question the woman's sanity: no, these creatures do not exist beyond her imagination, as much as she wishes they could. It is quite simple, really, how the fae's mind works. It is much like that of a child so unfamiliar with the world. To prying eyes, a gentle smile touches the lips of our young woman, a silent greeting to her fictional family.

To the left: a mare draped in white satin bats thick black lashes at her creator, pink skin stretching beneath white hide as a smile forms on her slender face as well. To the right: a foal who's dark body is divided in half by a creamy white blanket, his tail a perfect mixture of the two opposing colors that ends with stringy hairs at the end of the bone. But the man who now stands beside the pearly woman almost causes the dark hair along Adelis' spine to stand straight on end. His soft, round eyes are shadowed by twin antlers, but directly placed on the icy gaze of his youngest daughter.

The smile that had formed only seconds ago melts off of dark lips, the puckered flesh around the long scar relaxing as it finds it's natural form once more. No longer does the creak of snow invade her ears, but instead the haunting whisper of wind. The snow stirs and tickles her face, but the antlered doe stares into the thin air, watching what she imagines to be her sire in the flesh. His body is unharmed and strong, just as she remembers it, but the deep sense of sorrow no longer shrouds his presence; but, perhaps, that is only in her mind.

No tears reach her cool eyes, only the dry wind causes them to sting. Her throat is tight and parched, unable to pronounce a single squeak to the only person that has ever cared for her. With a tight jaw, the antlered one dips her dished face toward the powder, eyes sliding shut while she dismisses the thoughts from her mind. The wind screams, rattling naked branches overhead. Wide eyes open, finding that each of them is gone, having left nothing as little as a print in the snow.

Finally, the doe can release a sigh, small ears cupped forward and delicate crown lifting back into the air. The wind rips through the bare forest from behind, driving snow into her twisting mane and tail. Swiftly, the young woman trots deeper into the woods, bright eyes searching for an evergreen buried somewhere between the softwood trees. But then, the pale woman wrapped in satin dances though the snow, her long legs seeming to never touch the earth while she moves. Silently, the woman disappears into the snow once more, leaving behind the fabric along a tall white pillar.

The rag doll moves toward the Rotunda eagerly, her body dancing with excitement as she gazes at the multi-hued ceiling. Soft, cold lips reach out hesitantly, flared nostrils sniffing at the stone structure just before she touches a pillar. Excitement reveals itself in a loud squeal accompanied with perked ears and a toothy smile; she searches for the dark boarded eyes of her created friend, but ends with no result. She is still alone.

"Speech"
@[Bucephalus]
Open to all.

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

"Danced through castles made of stone
Walked the desert sands alone
Darkest hour you feel the power
As the sun rises aga-
Damn, no."

Bucephalus stopped his dancing, shaking himself with a rather irked frown on his face. The steps were wrong, the tune off and just the entire song screwed up. His hoof tapped the stone of the Rotunda floor, gaze focusing on the center of the stone base. The light of the stained glass colored the ground, his hide, in a range of hues, and the black lifted his gaze up to the glass, exhaling slowly. "Is that my cue to stop?" He asked, amusement lining his face as his breath floated out from his lips, the wisps swiftly fading. Silence was all that answered him. So Bucephalus shook his head and turned, facing the opposite pillar from him. He'd have to try again. It needed work, the lyrics were off.

Bucephalus didn't hear the sound of Adelis approaching; he was focused solely on the pulse of his heart in his chest, the basic 'drums' he could hear. Body swayed, then he began to dance once more, pretty much prancing in place, his neck arched and wings half-spread, the primaries flared out.

"I've been here for a million years
Through the joys, through the tears
But when i am gone this will go on
And the circle starts again."

Buce paused, glancing to the pillar he had come from, his tail now brushing the next in order. Good, his pace wasn't off. The Rotunda was a perfect place to practice a new dance, a new song. And this one needed to be perfect before he dared to sing it outside this place. Movement caught his attention however, and the stallion raised his head, nostrils flaring, inhaling the scents around him. One rang in his head, equine, and moderately familiar... Someone he had previously met. Well, he shouldn't be rude then, and not greet whomever it was.

So he walked around the pillar, poking his head out. "Oh, hello there...Adelis, yes?" He recognized the antlered mare rather quickly; of all the unicorns he had seen here, she was the only antlered one. "How have you been?" He asked, stepping fully away from the pillar to face her, wings folding with a gentle hush against his back, blanketing him from the snow that dripped off the rim of the Rotunda.

Word Count:350 Tags:@[Adelis]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Winter is not the time for adventuring, and oh, had she learned it the hard way. She’d flown west at the beginning of the season in hopes of finding home when a storm had hit and had blown her hopelessly off course. Nasreen is paying for her foolishness now; for though she is lucky that she is still in Helovia, she will have to make much of the journey back to the Edge by foot. And in these conditions…well, it’s all less than ideal, she thinks, sighing as she plunges a hoof into the wet snow for what seems like the ten thousandth time.

As she trudges through the forest, the girl distracts herself by humming a little tune, an old Th’orquian standard that had been quite popular at festivals back home. Oh, how she misses them! Not just the music, but the dancing, and the laughter…The princess closes her eyes, remembering how they had braided her hair with flowers and taught her and Ishtar to dance. Ishtar hadn’t been too good at it, but she—well, she hadn’t been too good at it either, a fact that probably still holds true since at the moment she nearly runs into a tree with her eyes closed. She snaps out of her daydream, instinctively looking around to see if anyone noticed her embarrassing gaffe. But the woods are silent, as always. Her ears loll to the side, and she lowers gray eyes. What she wouldn’t give now for her siblings’ teasing laughter.

The winged mare continues on, picking her way through the trees. When she first hears the snatches of song, she thinks she must be dreaming. Drowsily, she blinks, but when she lifts her head to shake the sleepiness from her eyes, she hears it again.

Danced through castles made of stone, walked the desert sands alone…

Ears pricked, she follows the sound.

Darkest hour you feel the power, as the sun rises aga--

Just as she approaches a break in the trees, the tune stops. But Nasreen does not notice right away, for a small gasp escapes her lips: she has discovered the Rotunda. Stained glass casts rainbows onto the snow outside, and the shadows of the branches in the wind make them flicker like playful flames in the ice. Yet the branches aren’t the only shadows that interrupt the light: a winged figure paces within. Before she has time to be startled, the song begins again:

I've been here for a million years
Through the joys, through the tears
But when i am gone this will go on
And the circle starts again.

This time, she hears hooves on stone, and transfixed, she watches as the shadow begins to dance. And in that moment, captivated by beauty and curiosity, the princess comes dangerously close to desire. It is a strange and foreign feeling, for the girl has been just that—a girl, too young to understand the workings of the world, much less a slippery thing like this feeling of softness and wanting. It surprises her a little, but it is not an unpleasant feeling, and she does not care to ruin it by overthinking. Overthinking is what made Ishtar a clumsy dancer, she remembers, and she will not do the same with this…whatever this is. Oh Nasreen, if only she remembered what made her a poor dancer: she did not lack in jubilance, but while Ishtar was prone to overthinking, she did not think at all. Like a sleepwalker deep in dream, Nasreen draws forward, stepping into the clearing. If she can only peek in the door of the Rotunda and see who it is…

But the dancer beats her to the punch. Quite suddenly, a dark head emerges, and a voice rings out. “Oh, hello there…Adelis, yes?” Adelis? Startled, Nasreen looks around, and rather belatedly realizes that indeed, another mare stands off to the side. “Oh!” she mutters, flustered, refolding her wings awkwardly. She notices that her copper feathers seem to be oddly ruffled, and hastily, she tries to smooth them. “I—um, I’m sorry. My apologies, I didn’t mean to interrupt!”

OOC: Hope you both don’t mind me plopping Nasreen in here!

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Hidden Account
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

The snow stirred around dark legs, fresh powder sticking to the thick hair that stands off of dark skin while the girl - blinded by her play-time - hadn't even noticed the winged man gallivanting around within the stone temple. The heavy curtain stood still against soft winds while the malnourished woman presses her dark nose against it, sniffing curiously to find a mixture of both earthly and bodily scents. Icy eyes batted against stray hairs, thin lashes carrying small flakes of snow before they dissolve against mild heat. “Oh, hello there… Adelis, yes?” A dark face colored in with a wide blaze peeks down at the mare who stands in the snow, molten pools watching back with a familiar sparkle. A quiet "eek!" forms in the woman's throat, her antlered crown turning to face the man she had met earlier in the season. "How have you been?"

"Hi-" the mare squeaked, her voice muffled by another, equally surprised voice to her right. "Oh!" Wet eyes turn to a small splotched mare with stunning eyes and magnificent wings. Desire seeped from the uneducated girl's heart, her small bank of memories revealing the conversation she had had with the gold-flecked stallion so long ago. "I'll show you-" she remembers Bucephalus saying, his gentle, repetitive words begging her to eat. Once more uncomfortable in her own tight skin, the young woman shifts on all four, ears turned backward as she realized how bland she is set by these pegasi. "I—um, I’m sorry. My apologies, I didn't mean to interrupt!" The stranger's bronze-tinted wings ruffled uncomfortably while she spoke.

The brutt looked back and forth between the winged creatures, her heart thudding hard in her chest, unsure whether it was her turn to speak or not. So, she stayed silent, small ears now turning forward on either side of her rough antlers. Quickly, an image of Arvakl streaks through the younger sibling's mind, the fire in her eyes and the hot steam rolling from her dark nostrils making her fierce image even more terrifying. "I didn't do nothing wrong!" She can remember how hoarse her throat was, how badly she was shaking in the dark of the night, wanting only to hide in the sky, to rest upon the clouds in the sky.. just like Daddy had said the man did every night.

Quietly, the broken doll looked back up at the painted woman, dark lips twitching into a friendly grin. Her thick forelock parted as it trailed down her face, the thickest portion riding the bridge of her snout, the rest hiding most of the gash down her curved face. "Your hair is pretty." she stated, peeking up with the innocent face of a child. The wind howls again, snow picking up from branches and the dusted ground, drifting in whirlwinds and chilling the land that surrounds the Rotunda enough to cause the rag doll to shiver. It hurt her sometimes, the cold. The dark scars that pucker her buttermilk hide and twist her regrown (and now white) hair ache during the night, not to mention the dull pain that targets her knees and ankles.

Pain is all the small woman has known, but still she smiles at strangers and welcomes them into her heart.

"Speech"
@[Bucephalus]
No problem, the more the merrier! <3 Sorry for the wait, my muse did a hit and run last week I guess.

- J.F.P.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Code:
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Bucephalus was greeted not by one, but two mares. Surprised, he blinked and looked between them both. He could count the number of stallions he'd met on one set of whiskers. Seems Elsa had not lied so long ago; Helovia was filled with mares. Paradise for some, Hell for others. His gaze flickered to Adelis, and he dipped his head to her with a wry grin. She was the same as she had been their last meeting... maybe a bit bolder. Curious.

Then the black's dished face turned towards the pegasus, ears pricked. "You're not interrupting anything." He assured, stepping completely out of the Rotunda. Both mares were shorter than he. Pity. He sometimes felt like a giant... until he stood beside Gaucho. Then he was the short one. Feeling as if his mind was straying, Bucephalus focused on Adelis and the strange mare. "Adelis and I have already met, however yours is a face i do not recall." He said, addressing the pegasus mare before he bowed his head in greeting. "My name is Bucephalus, and yours?" He questioned, raising his head, rolling his weight from his right legs to his left and back again, not entirely aware he was doing that.

He didn't seem at all disturbed by having his dance interrupted; to be honest he was glad the pair had given him notice, intentional or not, that he had an audience. The song was not ready, too raw still to be performed before others. Bucephalus's gold gaze turned to Adelis then, one ear pricked towards her, the other at the painted mare. "Also, how have you been, Adelis? Eating well?" He questioned, face frowning slightly as his eyes flickered over her body, checking to see if she was as thin as she had been.

Word Count:297 Tags:@[Nasreen] @[Adelis]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Awkward as her entrance may have been, Nasreen soon finds herself welcomed into the company of strangers. The mare addressed as Adelis initially appears almost as startled as the princess herself, but soon enough she is smiling up at Nasreen with genuine kindheartedness. “Your hair is pretty,” she murmurs, causing the maiden to blush with pleasure. “Thank you,” she replies, wanting to return a compliment. “Your…” Quickly, she scans Adelis’ body, looking for a feature to praise. Yet her search leaves her heart aching—it is only when she stops to look that she notices the white scars and the hollow ribs…life has not been good to one so young, she realizes with a shiver. “You’re very kind,” she settles on, after a moment’s hesitation, smiling back. Her own smile is tinged with sadness, for she wonders how those scars came to be. Scars like that…well, she had only seen them on warriors and Th’orquian slaves, and this girl didn’t exactly have the demeanor of a warrior.

“You’re not interrupting anything,” a male voice assures her off to her right. Her head turns just in time to see the speaker emerging from the Rotunda. For a moment, his back and wings are draped in glittering gold and rainbows, and then he is outside, where only the gold is left to glimmer. A memory stirs, and she thinks of Hawkeye and his golden stripes, and how nervous he made her…it is almost the same with this stallion, for he is bigger than her, and his wings are wide and powerful. But she finds that she does not want to run—not yet, anyway. Besides, something about having Adelis here soothes her. Surely he will not bring her harm when another is present? The idea is only solidified when the dancer explains that he knows her smaller companion. Nasreen relaxes considerably, features breaking into a shy smile as he introduces himself. Bucephalus. A noble name. Not quite Th’orquian, but a strong name all the same, she thinks. “I am Nasreen,” the maiden replies, addressing both Bucephalus and Adelis, “It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” She almost brings up the dance, but wavers at the last second. To her relief, Bucephalus has turned the topic of conversation to Adelis, asking after her health, and the girl exhales, sighing softly to herself in her corner of the clearing. For now, she is content to listen. Nasreen turns her gaze to Adelis, giving her attention to the mare…except during those brief interludes where she will sneak shy glances at the handsome pegasus, wondering what compels her to do so.

OOC: So sorry for the wait!

@[Adelis]

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Hidden Account
Nevada
Ooc: Wow, I thought I replied to this about a month ago. I'm so sorry! I imagine you guys would like to drop this, but if you want to keep it going I have a draft saved so I'll actually have a response this time.. So sorry!

@[Bucephalus] @[Nasreen]
- J.F.P.