the Rift

[OPEN] What could have been

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I flew. I say this because it's a big deal. Before I realize what I was doing was flailing not flying. My wings moved and I sort of ... well, moved through the air, but it wasn't flying. I know that now, and the reason I know it is because this is flying.

I like the way the embers under my wings appear to pulse with the wind, almost as if they were real embers. I wonder if Ivezho's whole body would do the same? I bet that would look cool. I miss Ivezho and wish he were here. Has he learned to fly rather than flail? Probably. I bet Mother has taught him. This makes me grumbly, but only a little. I know that it isn't his fault that he has Mother, but I still can't help but feel that it's unfair that I'm here with Father. He's always busy, patrolling and fighting and then just ... disappearing. I don't know. I'm sure he's busy it's just ... Well, it's like i'm losing stories. When i'm older I won't have a story to tell about when my Father taught me to fly. Oh sure I'll have one about me teaching myself but ... well, right now it doesn't feel like it's as good.

I'm still young. I still want my family, but I feel like I don't have them.

Well enough of that, back to flying. Here's the other thing I've learned about it: it's hard work. My muscles already feel heavy and burn-y and intuitively I know that I should land. I angle myself downwards and sort of begin to flail again. Nervously I throw my wings open causing me to swerve and sort of bounce in the air. Grunting, I throw my head backwards which causes me to stall out - and, you guessed it, fall. My wings flap helplessly as my gray body tumbles towards the Earth. I've slowed slightly, but I can already tell this is going to -

OOOOMMPHHHHH

-hurt.

I managed to fall onto a plant, but there are enough rocks around to make me feel instantly achy. Wearily I pull myself to my hooves and cast a glance over my shoulder to inspect the damage. A few scrapes, no big deal. It hurts, but I know that I should be tough ... and if I can't be tough, I should act tough. I know that's what Father would want. Perhaps if Mother were here I would let the tears that stung my eyes fall to my cheeks, but she isn't, so I won't. I tilt my nose upwards to hold the tears in check, exhaling sharply to try and force the pain out of my body.

@[Fig]

Image Credits

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

The girl didn't want to be in this place.

And frankly, she hardly understood how she had even gotten there. This place was fiery and orangey red. Spice decided she liked the snow waaayy better than this stink-of-a-place. It was horrible hot. As hot as it would get in her old home, it reminded her of those days with her Mother in the sun. They had waited for night. It was hot there. Really hot. Just like this place. And all of a sudden, Spice is afraid the snow has run. What if it ran away from her because it thought she liked the heat better? She worried it didn't want to ever see her again. Would she ever see that glistening blue-white cold stuff ever again?

Oh, what if she never saw it again? Meanwhile, while she was contemplating this horrid nightmare in her mind, eyes drifting off into the somewhere. She began to abhor heat. Then and there. Why would it ever want to-

Something thumped.

What was that? It was a heap of grey. Feathers and all...Was it a bird? One of those things that fly in the sky every once in a while? Over her and her mother and their tiny home. She wondered how they could be so free. Why do birds get to be free? She asked no one. It was inside her mind of course, so who would she be asking anyway? Her mind?

Huh. She thought, why not. She sighed, noticing how distracted she was becoming. In this world, she was all alone. But now maybe this thing would become her freinnnndddd......-

Not a bird.

Yup, it was one of her kind alright. It's wings seemed scorched by heat. It looked a bit in pain as it inhaled that incisive breath. She walked over, quite casually. But she didn't say a word, she only faced the other with a look of wonder written all over her face. They muzzles not four inches away. She still did not speak, she only inspected him. Grassy green eyes scanning him up and down, flicking her shoulder, feeling an insect of any sort land there.

He looks different...

Word Count:362 Tags: @[Rhoa]
Credits
Image: Link Name Font: cooltext.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Odd

I noticed almost immediately that I wasn't lone. Even though it hurts my body, I straighten up. I'm not tall yet - in fact i'm quite lanky at the moment - but I do my best. One day I will be a tall and lean warrior like Father, i'm sure of it. For now though I am mostly skin and bone, I haven't had much opportunity to build up muscle yet. My turquoise gaze tries to seek out the source of the noise that I hear, and I am somewhat horrified and shocked to see a girl standing there. Her eyes are the same greenish colour as mine, but her body is more dirt coloured than ash. I open my mouth to say something and then promptly shut it.

Was she-

Is she-

- coming closer?!

The girl doesn't halt, but instead moves to stand surprisingly close to me. I feel nervous for some reason, and can't quite place the source if it. Mother never taught me this lesson, that is, what to do if a girl catches you falling out of the sky. I know what to do at herd meetings, and how to act like a diplomat for our herd, but this I am wholly unprepared for.

"I.. uh .." I feel my mouth begin to move and words are coming out. Well not words really, more like sounds. I pull my ember-pulsing wings to my flanks as I try to compose myself, but it isn't going well. I sort of want to laugh, and run away, and explain myself, and slump from my injuries, but instead I just exhale quite sharply as I realize that I've been holding my breath. Horrified, I realize that I've likely just blown all over her.

Smooth move casanova.

"I"m sorry it's just ... I thought I was alone and ... "

Wait. I'm a prince of the Throat. My parents are Sohalia and Gaucho, I don't need to explain myself.

(Or do I?)

"I'm Rhoa." I conclude, forcing myself to shut up as I stare back at the filly. Although i've been rambling, I realize I haven't actually moved away from her, and all of a sudden the distance between our muzzles (which isn't much at all) because strikingly obvious to me.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

Okay, so his breath stinks.

The girl didn't move from where she was, but felt his warm breath on her skin. It smelled not too bad or good...No..Mostly bad. Her breath probably smelled something of the same. But she didn't really care. She cared as much as she cared about his breath. Which was 0.

"Rooowweha." She blurted, her mouth not working well. She smiled, obviously not noticing she had pronounced it so very clearly wrong. She nodded to herself, then looked back up into his blue-green eyes. Alike to her mother's.
"I am Sage...call me Spice, though. She looked at him, hoping he would nod in understanding. No one really got why she had told them both her names. "Sage is a kind of spice. So I call myself Spice. Call my whatever you may, sir."
Why am I calling this Roowweha a Sir? She didn't really care what she called him, actually. The other, really close to her face seemed nervous though disciplined. There was a dangerous look in his eye as well. Just on the edge. Like he wanted to be free.

As free as she wished to be as well. Seemingly forever bound to this earth with small, muscle-less wings that she could not yet fly with. She sighed, not caring if he felt her breath on his skin as much as she felt his on hers. She simply did not care, right then. Her smile was genuine, though. Though a soft edge was added to it.

If possible. Could edges be soft? She hoped so, because she liked things that are hardly possible. Her mother had said that she was hardly possible. The brown-dappled filly recalled her words..."We where being careful, but then you came. And he left." Spice never really understood what those words meant. But they had come up once in a conversation with her mother about her father-of-sorts. But those words had always come to mind when she was being real thoughtful-like.

I guess I am pretty thoughtful, huh? She asked herself.

Word Count:343 Tags:***
Credits
Image: Link Name Font: cooltext.com

Odd

I like her explanation of her name. It made her feel ... big. Like part of a concept, almost as if she wasn't real. My gaze drifted slightly as I imagined all of the spices as small creatures around her, scurrying and adding to her mystery. Realizing that I had briefly stopped listening, my ears flickered forward abruptly as a goofy smile parts my dark lips. I like how she says my name.

"I like Spice." I offer, nodding, still very aware of how close we are. I am not old enough yet to feel any sort of ... stirrings anywhere, but I do know that this is like ... Mommy and Daddy closeness. The only ever creature I've been this close with is Ivezho and he's my twin.

Is this weird?

"Rhoa means beast in my Father's language." Why am I telling her this? I like the meaning of her name way more. I'm not a beast. I'm not even brave - or at least the bird-lady didn't seem to think so.

Her eyes and smile look strange to me. Mother's eyes are always kind and wise, and Father's are hardened and strong. Spice's appear somewhere in between, like she could be nice or she could push me to the ground without even blinking. Should I be afraid? I'm not but... should I be?

Nah.

Awkwardly, I step backwards, dusting myself off with one of my embered-wings. I have a few cuts on my knees, but for the most part you can't tell that I've fallen onto the rocks, given that I'm the same dusty-gray as the ash here. "I was trying to fly ... guess you saw that huh?" Shyly I look up, trying to gauge her gaze. Will she make fun of my attempt to land (/ my fall)? Can she fly better? Where does she live? What does she like? She didn't ask my name before I gave it ... maybe she knows who I am? I want to ask her all of these things, but I'm sure it would be rude. Mother wouldn't approve. I"ll just wait.

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Spice liked this colt. She liked the way he talks. His voice isn't too deep or scary. He is about the hight f the other Pegasus she met in the forest she had entered Helovia through. The mate there as well was the size if medium. Beautiful, like her mother.
This colt was nice, her emerald eyes sparkled as he explained his own name. "You don't look like a beast." She giggled, er eyes squinting. That was what happened web she laughed like that. Like a little filly.
She was a filly.

When he mentioned flying, she didn't respond right away. No. She did not see his crah, just something flying horribly through the sky, arching towards the ground out of the corner of her eye. The thump was what woke her from her random space-staring thing. She nodding, she had seen enough. "You seemed to be doing okay...Until you crashed!" She giggled again. It was the kind-hearted laugh, not the mean kind. She smiled. "At least you where trying, I can't fly nor am I in a hurry to. Though, I do want to be..."

She cut off at this because she thought it was as personal thing. No one really knew her urge to be free. No one knew it. She wasn't really ready to tell anyone it... Not yet anyway. "I'm just..scared" she filled in, not lying at all. She really was scared of flying, being so high, over the clouds. Over the blue-green sea. That was where she wanted to fly. Over the sea. Over the beautiful sea. She had never seen the sea. Ever. And that was another of her wishes. One that no one knew about.

Maybe I could tell him. The girl thought about secrets. Maybe he could be a friend. One she could always tell her secrets to. And of course, they would never be too bad. But no one else would know. That was what mattered.

Ooc;; This was on a mobile! Sorry if there are some horrid typos!

Odd

[No problem!!]

I felt blood rush to my cheeks at her statement, you don't look much like a beast. I mean .. I know that I don't but ... I still feel offended for some reason. I know I shouldn't, but I mean ... I'm still young. I can be irrational, and right now her words hurt. Suddenly the magic that made my wings pulse and glow felt boring and dull. Why couldn't I just be born tough, and strong like Father?

I didn't want to be a beast, but I think I just decided that I wanted to look like one. Funny how one comment from a girl can completely change how you view yourself.

Girls.

But those thoughts fade quickly, and it is her laughter that does it. I like the sound, and I find myself smiling along with her. As she mentioned my crash, my ears flickered as did my heart. I'm pretty sure I felt it fall into my stomach. So she had seen the crash ... ugh ! But quickly she catches my attention again by admitting that she hadn't even tried to fly. I'm not expert or anything, I only started trying just recently but ... I mean, we are born to fly. How could she deny that?

"It is a little scary.." I admitted, thinking back to when I first tried. Unlike her, I had Ivezho by my side which made it way less scary. Maybe if I flew with her ... it wouldn't be scary either? I shrug, to try and make it seem like it was no big deal that she was scared (because it wasn't). "It isn't so bad. Really! I live surrounded by the sea and so it is all sand. That means if you fall it doesn't hurt, and there's lots of little hills to try and take off from. Not like this place." Grumbling, I kick a stone with my hoof, sending it bouncing over the rocky surface. Why did I think I should even come here? Why didn't I stay in the Throat?

But you would never have met her... a voice in my head reminds me, and it's right. I'm definitely glad I came here now, all because of Spice.

"Where do you live?"

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

Spice liked how he admitted that flying was scary. The girl had been told stories by her mother about flying, and the first fly of a baby bird. Was it the same for her? To be pushed out the nest by your ever-so-hurried mother, to either catch on to flying or fall to your death. She didn't like how this mother bird forced it on her offspring. Spice was glad that she had not been pushed out of a nasty little nest.

In that instant that the boy referred to the sea, she jumped. Literally. She was exited. Beyond exited. The sea...It seemed so magical. Though she knew it wasn't. How would the sea be magical, anyway? There was no such thing as magic. The girl sniffed. This place was horrid. Completely and utterly ugh. She disliked the heat here.

When he asked his next question, she didn't know what to say. Taken by surprise. "I...I live no where." She smiled, trying to play it off. Hopefully he wouldn't notice and they could go about their day.
The earth and cloud colored foal's mind kept wandering back to the sea. The way the waves supposedly washed up onto the shore. Whatever a shore was. And waves...like a wave of a tail?
Her mind returning to the present conversation, she spoke again as a follow up to her last weird comment. "I mean, I don't really know...Where I live." This time she didn't try to ignore his gaze. She wondered if he could direct her to a spot she could sleep for the night. Because it would defiantly not be here.

As her mind wandered once again, she looked off into the dip in the ground, the heat seamed to be coming from there. She took a small step towards it. Gaze locked with it, in the heat.
I am blind. She concluded on her own, deciding this out of the random blue of her mind. I am blind to the world and what I might be missing. I cannot be described waves or a place because I do not know. It is like trying to explain the color blue to a blind man. She sighed, looking back to him. She smiled, eyes bright once again, not dull like they where when she thought, and she thought a lot.

Word Count:000 Tags:000
Credits
Image: Link
Name Font: cooltext.com

Odd

She jumps as I mention that my home is surrounded by the Sea. Have I said something that upsets her? Perhaps she knows of the Throat ... have I said something that I shouldn't? Are we meant to be enemies? Briefly, a friendship that could have been dissolves, and suddenly I view us as rivals on the battlefield. I know Father would scoff - he would say that our herd, our family always comes first - she isn't family. She is no one if she is against us. I don't like the image, and I realize it's because I want us to be friends. I'm not sure if I'm allowed, with being a prince and all, but I want it. I like Spice.

As she spoke, it snapped me out of my day-nightmare, and I titled my head curiously. How could she live no where? That didn't make sense at all. She was young, like me. Maybe a little older, but if she hadn't even tried to fly yet, she couldn't be that much older. That meant she had to have a Mother and Father, or at least a Someone to take care of her, right? The idea of her living by herself was completely unfathomable to me. We were still so young, how could she be alone?

She turned away, and again I caught myself thinking that I had done something wrong. But I haven't even said anything! Little did I know sometimes not saying something at the wrong moment can get you into trouble with girls, just as much as saying something can. I pout a little, and then quickly pop my lip back in. I am nothing if not polite, I have learned that from Mother well.

"I live in the Dragon's Throat. It is ruled by my Mother and Father, Gaucho the Wildfire and Sohalia the Transcended." My tone is sincere, but my words sound rehearsed. Of course that's because they are - as I said, I am a diplomat. I know the names of everyone who holds a rank within our borders, and I know who our alliances are with. As the diplomacy in my voice drops, I trot forward to where she's eying the spewing steam. "It's almost all sand, the sea surrounds it completely. It's almost like an island - you can only get there by flying or walking over the landbridge. There's an oasis in the center and it's always warm." I realize I'm rambling but I can't help it. I really like my home and besides ... I don't actually know what to talk to her about. She seems to both want to talk to me, but also to not want to talk. It's weird.

Girls are weird.

"Maybe you could live there too?" I offer this, not really knowing if I should. I mean ... I know there are mares who would look after her. And maybe she could even get a job, or join Mother's academy. I don't really know what she likes, but the Throat is pretty great. Of course, I am biased. "Or uhm..you know. You don't have to. I was just ..." My voice trails off. Suddenly the offer seems stupid. Why would she want to come with me? She didn't seem to like the idea of the sea, she did jump after all (I completely missed the part where she appeared excited, instead interpreting it as her being unhappy about the idea).

I open my wings, holding my feathers towards the steam. I'm used to the heat, but still, I don't get too close. The way the air pushes on my feathers causes the underside to glow and pulse, just like if you were to blow on hot coals. I like the way it looks, although it makes me sad. It reminds me of Ivezho, and how he isn't here.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

Spice had looked at him out of the corner of her eye, watching his reaction to her words. His face kind of looked sad, and she suddenly thought that she was somehow making him sad. Did he feel like it was weird to not live anywhere? Did he feel like I was not well because I did not live in any specific anywhere? She hoped he wasn't mad because she was coming off like she didn't like him that much.

But she has these weird blackout things, where she just gazes off into space for a little as she thinks. Her mother thinks it's really annoying. But the girl could really care less. Though her mother had explained how she didn't like it, it was apparently because she thought that it gave the appearance that she was not listening to what the other was saying. And that was true, but would it really matter? Spice didn't care what anyone thought of her. Well...Expect for Rooowwweeah.

She looked over to him, and he was speaking. It then transformed from a blurb of words to something else, so he was talking about Dragons and Throats, and...Hey! He lived there as well as that Bucep...- Whatever character!

And he invited her to live with him in the Dragon's Throat...Those words felt weird in her mind, and also on her tongue whenever she tried to say it. He said that his mother and father had ruled the kingdom of the desert.
Whoa...His mother and father ruled a desert kingdom! All of a sudden, she wanted to meet them. She wanted to see them. She wanted to she Bucep-whoever again. Because, why not. She only had a little time in this land anyway, and she wanted to explore. She wanted to go places and see things no one else has. She wants to see the sea.

Although, plenty of others have see the sea, she still wants to see it and experience it. She then turns to him to see his wings are out stretched, and it seemed as if the embers on the ground from that horrid stink-of-place. But, his wings weren't horrid or stinky at all. They where beautiful!
"Whoa...Your wings..." Spice! They could catch on fire! "You should be careful...Roooweeah.." She muttered.

"Please be careful..I think your wings are on fire." Now the matter about going with him to the Dragon's Throat was lowering in talk-subject.

I hope his father didn't give him that... She thought unpleasantly, she thought to be careful if she ever met this father of his. She looked the colt up and down. She told herself that she was going with him and that was that. She liked him. And she wanted to meet his family and soon call that herd home.

I want to see the sea, and feel the salty breeze blow be me. I want to roll in the ever-hot snow that he calls sand. I want to try flying along side someone. Not alone. Please don't let it be alone.

Word Count:505 Tags:***
Credits

Odd

She isn't saying anything. Why isn't she saying anything? Suddenly I feel very young and foolish. Should I have not offered for her to come to my home? Should I have ... I don't know, just asked her to visit? Maybe that would have been better. Or better yet might have been keeping my mouth shut. Ugh. I wish Mother were here. She's the diplomatic one. Apparently I have much more to learn than I thought.

Her comments about my wings make me chuckle. Hadn't she seen this sort of magic before? I guess I assumed that lots had it ... I mean, Ivezho's whole body looks like this, and Father's wings are constantly on fire. There are a few more in the Throat who always seem to glow ... I don't know, it just seems ordinary to me by now. I forget sometimes that it isn't ordinary for everyone else. I open them a little wider, smiling proudly.

"I think I'll be okay." I say calmly as my smile widens. "It's magic. I was born like this - they always look like that, but sometimes they get brighter." Although my wings aren't very big, I stretch them outwards so that the full extend of the embering can be seen. I twist my nose inwards to look myself, momentarily losing myself into the warm pulsing light.

"I didn't mean to .... err.." Why don't I think things through before opening my mouth. What I want is to tell her that I didn't mean to be weird or anything, inviting her to my home. "You don't have to come to the Throat if you don't want. I just thought ... I just thought it could be nice."

Idiot, idiot, idiot! Why was I the worst? When would I learn? Suddenly I am realizing a lesson that I will probably continuing learning my entire life: girls are difficult. I don't understand them. I feel like I've said something wrong, but don't know what and its eating me up inside. I just wanted to show her the sands, and the sea and the dragon fire. Maybe we could fly together and be friends. But now I feel like I've ruined that.

Being young is hard.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

The girl looked at him with wonder, so his father did do this. Just not in the way she would have thought....
He was lying.
There was no such thing as magic. His wings had to be an illusion. The girl suddenly reached out her neck, close to his wing. She nudged it, feeling the parts that where glowing embers. She didn't feel any heat coming from them, nor anything else that would classify them as real embers. And the words he spoke where true. About the whole pulsing thing. She shook her head.

He called it the Throat. Hm. It sounded better like that, without the "Dragon's" part. Spice didn't like dragons, and frankly, she thought she never would. Ever. Those things where...Ugh scary."No!" The filly insisted, quite suddenly. "I want to come with you. I really do. I don't want you to go without me. I really want to go." She kept on repeating it for him so that he would get the message. "I meant...I would really like to come. With you. To the Throat." Wow, I really lost my manners there for a second. She thought, feeling a bit troubled.

What would my mother say of me right now? ... What about my father?

She looked at him in the eye again, and once again, their muzzles extremely close. She realized how his size was a bit taller than her. She realized how he had that daze of authority in his eyes. Probably just like his mother and father. She sighed, wondering how linked she really was with her parents. She looked like her mother, and wished and yearned for adventure like her father...But was there more? That was what she really wanted to know about herself. Was there more to that leading up? Did she have her mother's eyes? Did she have her father's thoughtfulness? Did she have the same hopes and dreams and wishes? Would she leave a path of calm, or destruction?

She then drifted slowly back to reality, her gaze drifting to his wings once again. "They can't be real...Magic isn't real..." She muttered under her breath, though holding back her real thought. They look soooo cool! I wish I had them on my wings...
But she held back that urge to just throw herself at him. She wanted to be friends, and she knew that wasn't going to happen with her trying to relate and be nice and agree with him. (Like her mother had said) You have to be a true friend. Kind, honest, helpful, caring, and brave. You can't just force him to a friend either. Though, she really just wanted to see the sea with him right then and there. She would be forever in his debt if he showed her the sea she has always dreamed of.
Though, that wouldn't happen if she was rude. So, she resulted to smiling kindly in wait of his response, if it be kind and courteous. Or maybe just reject her exited ways and take back his offer.

He doesn't seem the one to do that...

Does he?

Word Count:517 Tags:***
Credits

Odd

I felt my body tense up as she reached out to touch me. It wasn't because I was afraid it was more like ... I was nervous? Although I don't know what there's to be nervous about it's just ... Well, the only times I've been touched have been by Mother and Father or Ivezho when we play. Certainly never by a girl. Her touch is soft as she inspects my wing, and I find that I'm sort of enjoying this. I can't decide if it is her touch, or just the attention that she's offering me, but it doesn't matter. I relax. I feel my shoulders slump (I didn't even realize I had tensed up as much as I had), and I feel a wave of release wash through me.

I smile wider than I have in a long time. I feel happy, and suddenly I realize that I haven't really been happy since Ivezho and Mother left. She wants to come with me, and now I think I understand how Father feels about the herd, because I have this overwhelming urge to protect her. I know that's silly - she's older than I am, and if she's been out here by herself she probably doesn't need a colt to protect her but ... it doesn't change how I feel. I nod dumbly, stupidly, naively at her words. "I won't ever leave." I whisper as she turns towards me, bringing our muzzles closer together. I realize the moment has grown more .. intimate? Is that the right word? I don't really know, but I feel like I need to break it. Not because I don't like it but because ... it feels foreign, and hard, and unknown. I don't want to ruin things. "We can go right now if you want!" I say happily and much louder.

As she mentioned the impossibility of magic, I laugh. "Of course magic is real! My Father can make animals out of fire and create arches of fire. And my Mother can talk to the dead and cover things in crystal. My twin and I both have this - " I hold up my wings to indicate the ember-y flesh. "His whole body looks like this actually. And my sister ... her blood is electrified. If you touch it you'll get zapped." I'm rambling, but I don't care. I like magic. "The Throat is the land of the God of the Sun, he gives us magic too. So ... our healers can cure wounds and put you back together with healing fire. And our crafters can pull metal from the ground and use their minds to shape it using fire magic. It's actually pretty cool ..." Maybe she won't think it is. Maybe she thinks it's dorky, and that i'm dorky for liking it. My wings slump slightly. "I think it's cool anyways."

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

The girl looked at him with intense green eyes, not looking away for a few moments. She wanted to fly...She needed it. She needed to see the sea and feel the soft and salty breeze lifting her mane as she flew over the sea. She looked into his eyes, blue green. How the sea was described. They did not match the rest of his body. Like little pillars of light in a dark forest, they went together with his dark grey body, but also stood out. Beautiful, she concluded.

When he'd whispered that surprisingly soft comment, a look of surprise fell upon her, and she smiled a wide smile. And when he followed up with the exiting comment of leaving right then, she whinnied, it was slightly shrill and exited. She wanted to go with him and fly, and see the blue-green sea and be friends.

She needed a friend.

When she heard his laugh, she wanted to laugh. It sounded so genuine and unique. But, just like hers. Just like her mother's. She listened intently, her ears faced him as she listened. He had described his whole family, and others in his herd. It seemed there was a lot of this... magic. She wondered how it was even possible, wanting to stick with the reality. Though, she realized...This was reality. This magic in the world was her new reality.
And she liked it. She liked it's beauty and mystery. She wanted to see how it was possible, because it didn't seem. She wanted to take it apart and examine it. See the cogs and wheels of it's existence but she could not.

The colt had told her about the God of the Sun. And how he would put them back together. That was amazing. She wondered if she could ever have magic. Like his...Maybe the God of the Sun would give it to her. Just maybe...

She then stood in a desert, she could smell the salty breeze in her nostrils. She was close to the sea. Wherever she was, she was close. She began to run towards she sound of crashing waves, her white and brown dappled legs stretching as far as the earth, surprising even her as she ran. But before she could get a glimpse of the endless blue skyline, she was stopped by another. He was the God of the Sun. There to give her magic. A marking of courage and bravery...The sun was there to reward her something. Anything....

"I think it's cool too!" She finds herself saying, an exited shrill to her voice. But then, suddenly a thought she hadn't thought of before had come upon her. "What if your father doesn't want me to come? What if he says I cannot join the Dragons Throat?" She sounds her sickening thought. What if she wasn't allowed to join the herd of Dragon's Throats? She wanted to! She really did. Maybe his father would see that she was a true friend of Rhoa's. Maybe he would smile and say "of course you can join the herd!"

Maybe he would be as nice as Rhoa. Maybe...where they even going to meet the leader? She wondered. Perhaps. Who knew? The little filly wanted to. He sounded...amazing. Just like her new friend Rooowwweeahha.

Word Count:545 Tags:***
Credits

Odd

Things move so easily and carelessly when you're younger. Maybe when day when I am old it will take me hours or even days to go from one emotion to another. But right now my emotions pulse and brighten and flare just like the fire on my wings. Any confusion, any thoughts of rejection or hesitation disappeared with the sound of her laugh and her smile. Our eyes met and everything was just ... just like the sea she wanted to see so badly. It was deep and powerful but joyful and frightening. I could probably stare into her eyes for hours, thinking all of these thoughts and analogies and images and never grow tired of it. Funny, I've never wanted to do that with Ivezho or Mother before, and certainly not with Father.

Maybe Spice has a kind of magic of her own. Maybe she just doesn't know it yet.

She mentions that perhaps Father wouldn't let her stay with us, but the words just flow over me. Partly because I'm still lost in thoughts of her, but also because it just can't be. It just can't. She's my first real friend, but its more than that. I know I'm young and haven't experienced all of life yet, but I like this part. I like the right now. I like the feeling of warm, and fun, and excitement. I wonder if this is what the bird-lady meant by bravery? Because I feel scared, but that isn't stopping me. Maybe it isn't bravery but greed, because I can't imagine having this feeling end - and that's the only reason I'm being brave. Because I want to hold onto it, and right now that seems like it's worth the danger.

Besides, I'm a Prince. Father won't say no. I won't let him.

"He won't." I say casually, but my voice is full of a certainty that I'm not really used to. I sound like Father and it makes me smile even more, and I have Spice to thank for that.

I trot forward slightly, extending one of my wings to brush against her shoulder if she lets me. I dance forward, and although my legs are long and without muscle, I try to be graceful.

"I am a prince!" I call over my shoulder, not meaning to brag or anything, but to dispel her worries. "And you have wings! Pegasi are always welcome! Come on!" The Heart is close to the Throat. If we keep going, eventually we'll get to the land bridge. And once we're there ... Spice will see the sea.

And I can't wait to see her eyes when she does.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

His voice.
It's way more certain than before. She likes it. Laughing, her smile broad she follows him, his wing brushing her shoulder and she doesn't even notice it because she is lost in thoughts soon to become memories of them playing together all day in the sand and cool waters. Flying together off sand dunes. Anything...Everything.

She throws her head back in a whinny, then she looks over at him, her eyes daring him to gallop, daring him to whinny back. Daring him to be brave. Their souls trapped as one as they walked, she smiles at him kindly, asking only a simple question. "What's it like?" It was not precise, but she wanted to see what he would think she was asking about. Being a Prince, or the Throat. She only wanted an answer. Any answer. Even if it was to be sick. She smiled at her own little joke inside, though she doesn't really know why. She is pretty random like that. As she awaited his response, her mind drifted to the sandy lands that she imagined the Throat to be like.

It was windy this time, her mane tossing and flying, as well as her tail. She whinnied at the top of her yearling lungs. She smiled, though the sky was dark and looming. A threatening yellow streak passed through it, nly a second later came the thunder.

Hung my head as I lost the war, and the sky turned black like a perfect storm.
The rain came pouring down,
when I was drowning that's when I could finally breath.

She sang these words, though she had never heard them in her life. It was like she had rehearsed them day after day. Waiting for her time to summon a god of sun as she sang. But the song gave her a weird feeling, like she was not supposed to be singing it. The sun was not present. The rain poured, flattening her mane to her neck, forelock to her head. A dark blackness swooped forward, swallowing her up.

And then, she was awake again. She looked over at Rhoa with a little fright, her eyes stung with a crazed and different look from before.

But the girl hadn't seen what was ahead of the two, for they where growing closer to the land bridge by the second. "Please don't let the darkness hurt me..." She whispers to herself, hoping he does not hear, although it was meant for him. She wants him to hear, though he will to know what she is talking about because he did not see what she saw.
Was she meant to be here? In this herd? In this place of the name Helovia? The place that was fill with secrets and mystery? She didn't want it. She really didn't. But her life drug her here and she was going to live it up.

She was the one who jumped the fence, that was put on her.
Now she has found a friend. A new and awesome friend.

Word Count:507 Tags:***
Credits

Lyrics Credit: Clean, by Taylor Swift ©2014

Odd

For the briefest of moments I don't want to take her back to the Throat. In the Throat I am someone. I have responsibilities and expectations, deadlines and projects. People know my name and expect things from me. There I am a Prince, son of Sohalia and Gaucho. But here ... Here I am just Rhoa, and right now that's all I want to be. I could stay trapped in this moment forever, I think. The word of the bird-lady mean nothing, bravery means nothing, and I don't miss Ivezho. Everything is okay, and right. I have a friend, and right now it feels like that's all I'll ever need.

I won't ever leave her.

She asks me a question and before I can think of an answer, she is singing. I don't know the words either, but I feel like I do. Can I sing? Probably not. I don't try; I'm just content to listen to the sounds as they fall from her lips.

We're both moving steadily, and it almost feels like flying because I'm not really paying attention. It's almost like floating. But then I hear her say something, but I don't catch the words - I was too busy listening to the rhythmic thud of our hooves on the ground, and mentally kick myself for missing it. It is then that I realize I've forgotten all about her question, "what it's like".

"You'll love it. I promise." I reply, thinking she means "what is the Throat like". It occurs to me briefly that I shouldn't promise such a thing, but I ignore it. The Throat is amazing, there was nothing not to like. Of course I was unaware of the politics that were currently happening, which if they didn't bother me I couldn't see them bothering Spice either.

As we get closer, my speed slows. The Heart has slowly been left behind us, and the ground no longer pulses with the heat from the caves. Instead the area has flattened and grows slightly sandier. Ahead the sea begins to break and churn. It makes me feel small and insignificant to see it now, but I am perhaps unjustifiably proud to show it to Spice. The sandy shores of the Throat are visible but still appear rather hazy in the frosty air. A breeze ruffles my feathers as I tuck my wings back against my sides, and look at Spice.

"Beautiful." I almost whisper as my gaze falls deeply into hers. Maybe she'll think I was talking about the sea.

Then again, maybe I wasn't.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

Spice didn't know what to say when he said she would love it. She hoped she would, but she did not care if she loved it at this point.
She wanted to be with him, standing there alone just him. So they could stare into the other's eyes for an eternity and a little more. She could run up to him from a distance, crashing into him, wings folding around him to save him from the fall. But she snapped out of this thought as he whispered the word 'beautiful' and she bet it was - the sea.

Her ears flick forward, towards the sound of the crashing of the waves on the shore, the real sound of the waves crashing. Not just an echo of what she would imagine it. It wasn't much different, except it sounded more like a bang. A clang. The sound of the beat of a drum, over and over. But she liked this version much better, it sounded natural and...Perfect.

She smiled as she watched his glistening sea blue eyes. She laughed, it was shrill and exited as she threw back her head and started to run forward, her wings had been pulled to her flanks, she had pulled them out of their shell. It had been a while since she had stretched them. And little did she know that this was how a pegasus would lift off for a fly. She continued to run as her wings where forced out against the wind, catching the air as it swooped over the mud-dappled feathers. "Come on!" She called to Rhoa, her mane flying behind her, she started to lift from the ground, not flapping her wings, she didn't notice that she could have a great possibility to trip and fall at this speed if she did not leave the ground fast enough...

And then she reached the water. She splashed through, the cold water meeting her warm skin. She looks back to see if Rhoa had been following after her.

And yet, she hardly even noticed she was so close to flying. So close. The filly was preoccupied with the cold water, the waves and the pull of the sea. It was endless blue. The skyline...Just the blue and green water on and on and on. It seemed never ending but it had to, she wanted it to go on but it couldn't. She was trapped here until she could learn to fly and see the sights of the ocean. She wanted to and needed to so why not?

Word Count:425 Tags:***
Credits

Odd

How much time passed before we were running? I honestly can't say. What I can tell you, are how many colours compose her eyes. At first you might think that they are green, but you would be wrong. Oh so wrong. But don't worry, it just means you haven't look at them long enough, or looked deeply enough into them. Once you do that, you see the full spectrum Her eyes are every colour. I'm sure of it. Standing there, I saw all of the colours sway and glisten. Flecks of gold where the light bounced and highlighted her fur as well as her gaze, and deep blue where the colour faded into the depths of her pupil. But there was crimson and lilac too, if you looked hard enough.

No one ever looks hard enough. But I will. I've learned that there are secrets hidden if you take the time to look for them. And I'll never stop looking.

She is beautiful ...

And gone!

She dances away and I am helpless but to follow. It is like my mind is tethered to her by some strand that is too beautiful and to precious to dare breaking. I would run until my lungs screamed and my legs burned to keep that strand from breaking. Whatever secrets she has, whatever is hidden in the depths of her eyes and soul, I'll find out.

I laugh as my pale legs stretch out from under me. It feels good to be running. I feel like I have so much energy, that getting rid of some of it is exhilarating and relieving. As her wings spread from her sides mine do the same. She said she couldn't fly, but as her hooves begin to lift the ground, I think she must be lying. She moves so naturally, and her wings seem to evenly navigate the oncoming wind that she must know how..

I don't know it at the time, but what I am doing is showing off. I beat my wings as I've seen others do, and the way that I've practiced. The ground is softer here, and so even if I fall it won't be so bad. I rise into the air shakily and clumsily, trailing behind her but now above. Where her body has crashed into the waves, mine soars above. The one thing I'm not so great at is turning, and suddenly I'm going out farther than I meant to. The water is darker here and I'm realizing that this isn't such a good idea. I push one wing down and angle my body in that direction, awkwardly making a far too large loop, but still a successful one. I am now flying back in her direction, but am far too high. But it's just water below, right? I let my wings stop beating and like the ember I resemble, I drop from the sky and splash into the waves. The shock of the water makes me gasp as I realize that it is quite cold. My black-striped legs flail beneath my body as I rise to the surface, spluttering slightly. I swim towards her, exhaling strongly to rid my nostrils of water.

"So?" I ask with a wry grin. "What do you think?"

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Spice

She loved it here. The sand, the cold but refreshing water surrounding her, she watches as he loops around seemingly perfect to her. She doesn't see it as something flawed, but perfectly perfect in the way he did it, flew. She wanted to fly, but how could she? She would never be able to fly, it seemed too...hard. Just...so much effort put to freedom..was it worth it? Not the effort, but the freedom?

Yes.

Of course it was. She wanted freedom to fly and adventure and all that. And she was sure she would get that here in Helovia with Rhoa and the others that she had met. "I love it!" She exclaims with pure excitement, she beckoned him in closer to the shore where they could both stand. So he would not have to waste his breath in trying to keep his head above the water. She smiled, extending a wing over his shoulder. She knew that if they where going to get warm, they would have to share body heat. She had never done this with anyone. Not even her Mother because it was never cold enough to do it for real. Though, they had practiced it just to show Spice a little example.

She liked her Mother for that. She exhibited what was to be done if the listener didn't understand and she would just plain show them and explain. Maybe her dream was to become a scholar. And egghead scholar.
Though, it didn't really matter to her and she wasn't even thinking about something to do when she was grown, she had that sense in her as well. The teaching...kind of thing. Whatever you want to call it. She didn't really like it though, she didn't want to take after her mother like that. She wanted to take after her adventurer Father.

The girl looked over at Rhoa. She smiled so wide, she thought it was not even possible to smile that big. Though, she did it. And she liked it. She liked this feeling she felt with Rhoa. It seemed perfect. Just perfectly perfect.

Word Count:349 Tags:***
Credits