the Rift

[OPEN] Ashen ;;

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

The fire child was getting older and braver, but perhaps, she was just too brave for her size. She had learned how to fly now, if only just a little. With her wings spread, she lightly hovered, close to the ground, south of her snow-filled home. Frostfall had gripped more than just the north, it seemed, since the beautiful forests were covered in white and the ground was laced with crunchy ice. Chilled wind flooded her nostrils as she made to land near a tall, marble structure, and she looked up at the building curiously.

She found it to be very pretty but also rather strange. Large, white pillars held a ceiling of glass with a languid pond around the base, and she tucked her pale and gold wings to her side, lightly trotting up the stairs. Her cleft, black hooves stuck well to the smooth floor, and she observed her surroundings with interest. Well, at least here there were no more dead bodies. Aithniel wasn't sure how she was supposed to find the killer, but the weight of her father's orders were stressful.

Something new had happened too since she had visited the sky island. Ash fell from her wings and body when she moved now, as if she was constantly being reborn - a living phoenix. Aithniel shook one of her wings, watching the gray soot fall languidly like apocalyptic snow. "Well... I have to do something," she said firmly, taking a deep breath. She kicked her heels together to test her ability to make fire before deciding that here would be a good place to rest. Her infant wings were still very new to flying, and that made her sore.

[For sage, and tribs and our rapid posters!]

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Smoke? Ash? I can smell it, but where is it coming from? Wild eyes scan the white scenery, dark lids narrowed against the starch color that was beginning to give me a dull headache. The fresh powder provided trails previously cut from both small and large feet alike, occasionally exposing the paw print of a wandering coyote or feline; companions, maybe, but still I twitch at the idea of a large cat slinking through the forest. The snow is deep enough here for me to curse at, so that is exactly what I do as my ankles disappear into the frost. "Son of a bitch. What is the fucking point of this god for saken-" the words continue, but spill blankly from my mind and out of my mouth in a gravely mumble while I walk along one of the said trails.

While I swear and walk and flick my smooth tail at nothing, I faintly recognize this place: this is where I had come when I was so near death. That woman got me water, then. Oh shit, then Aurelia showed up. Snippy little bitch. Someone aught to put her in her place: a hole six feet under, to be precise. Maybe more than six feet, maybe ten, just for the hell of it. Bratty little - Oh, what's this? I stop in my tracks, the scent of spark growing stronger once I come upon the backside of a building with a colorful roof dabbed in snow. Both ears cock forward, listening to the soft clap of hooves on stone; that's what this thing is made of, right? Stone?

My breath invades my vision for a moment while a huff of air turns into a thin cloud. Bright eyes watch the area the sound is coming from until I am able to move around and see past one of the thick, extravagant pillars. Inside stands a young girl with ash and soot spilling from her body. Silently I watch, ears turned forward and watching this child as she kicks back and a spark ignites. So she is the source of the scent. The right corner of my lips tugs up into a grin hidden from the child. I stay silent, watching her in plain view.

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!