the Rift

To My Dearest Forest | OPEN

Malificent Posts: 14
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE

In the distance approaches a mare, glistening with dapples. As she walks, she travels with vigilance. Until.. wait? What was that?...

In the outskirts a limb crashes. Her head flies to the sky, large nostrils flaring in disturbance. Heart thumping, beating at a thousand miles per hour. A bitter chill fills her bones as she tries to refocus on the path she heads down (or what seems to be a path, she cannot see through the snow that has fallen on the ground.) Malificent can't help but to feel so lonely. Walking through what seems to be a very vacant forest, no trails to be seen through the winter frost that covers the ground. Not even sounds of chirping birds or scattering animals. 'What is this? Hell...?' she ponders to herself.

Lowering her head she treks on with a gloomy shadow underneath her, singing to herself quietly, as if she is humming. A cheerful tune despite the feelings she holds inside of this treacherous place.
----
As an hour passes by her thick winter coat just cannot keep her warm anymore. Her bones begin to creek with every step taken. The chill not giving way to her bitter plea to the gods. Movement slows, stopping and bowing to her knees she gently lays down. Curling a muscular neck around her front legs the best she can. Wondering if today was the day she freezes to death, at five years of age, a young thing.

Closing dark grey eyes she begins to play back memories of the forests she's traveled to before. All the wonderful companions she's met and left behind, because well, she doesn't even know. Staying in one place is way too much for Malificent.
Without realizing it, she dozes off to sleep, letting all guards down. Slumbering away the bitter chill of the wind, while night is coming soon.

[ooc- Bleh, first posts are not my thing, terribly sorry.]
[ 'Thinking.']
[ "Speaking."]
[ Text ]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.
- Magic allowed, just no killing, harming, etc. without my permission.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Winter had taken it's toll on the lands of Helovia, everything seemed to be moving slower as the puffy white flakes drifted from the pale grey clouds above. It was almost as if the snow was some kind of slow working sleeping powder and eventually we would all fall to it's mystical powers, falling into a deep slumber that would only break with the coming of Birdsong and the blooming of flowers. Chestnut ears tugged back, pressing against my skull in efforts to keep the snow from drifting into my ear canals as I headed towards the Threshold. Normally I would avoid this gateway with my entire being, but with the success from my last trip there was a little bit of hope that luck would strike me once again.
Yellow painted hooves plowed through the snow as I trudged closer and closer, the anxiety of having to be social and possibly being someone home grew stronger with each labored step. Meeting newcomers was always something that caused a spark of fear to ignite in my painted frame, I would rather be thrown into a pit of hungry lions and the Dauntless rather than have to introduce myself and play nice with someone. But all of the patrols until dawn were completed, and sleep was something I avoided like the plaque as well otherwise I would wake the whole herd with blood curdling screams caused by the terrors that came out at night.
Ivory splashed limbs guided my frame easily between the thick trees of the Threshold as I pulled deeper and deeper into the forest that normally seemed so bright and full of life, now dark and dead within the grasp of nighttime and Frostfall. Ears began to swirl and swivel as I listened carefully for any signs of life in the many clearings, or even if anyone was lurking in the shadows cast by the tall, ancient trees that had always guarded the lands of Helovia from those who meant too much evil. Content that there were no demons nearby that were going to drag me down into their burning lair I continued onwards until a form curled up in the snow caught the gaze of my orchid eyes.
Warily I took a step closer to the creature that nearly blended in with the snow save for the dark dapples that littered her body and the twin horns that sprouted from her forehead. Pulling my limbs square beneath me I allowed my ears to fall forwards as a light nicker slipped from rosy lips. "Are you alright?" Not that I would be much help if the creature was ill, I was a fighter not a healer of any sorts, all of the herbs that I was educated on were long dead now thanks to the snow. The snow. For a moment I wondered if my silly notion was true and this poor creature had fallen to the affects of the sleeping powder and she wouldn't wake until the birds began to sing again.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Malificent]
Words;; 507
Notes;; Meep, I had other replies to do...but I couldn't help but force Chev to be social.

x - x - x

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

'Are you alright?'
My dreams were rather lovely, much better than life at this hour, so I slumbered away in tranquility. Not being pessimistic about a thing, until the minute those altercations disturbed my ear drums. For a second I was almost certain I was detecting it in my dreams, as I moved through a magnificent valley of blossoms and spates, until I concluded I had never noted the voice before. (They say you cannot dream of things you have not experienced before...)

Instantaneously my eyes propelled open, the cold burned, blinking a set number of times was the only advantage I had to abolish the burning sensation. Though I was on all four hooves no less than two seconds later. Spooked in an embarrassing fashion... Where did it come from? Almost as soon as asking the question, an explanation appeared before me. There stood a designed figure.
Not that she was neighboring to close but because of my racing heart I shoved my limbs backward, dancing further away. Unsure of what to even declare to this animal.

So for a moment I stood there in quiet, drinking in every feature about this being. Gathering every detail and smell that jumbled through my mind. From the stench, it is definitely female, which gladly calmed my poor bashing heart just enough. My stance was still screaming everything that revolves around frightened. I looked a buffoon standing there with eyes wide open and nostrils flaring with sides that heaved expeditiously. Although, now that my blood was rushing, I could feel my limbs regaining life.. The bitter cold could no longer hold them against me.

Coming to the realization that I still had not said a darn thing I hastily mustered up something, "Are you alright!?" okay, that was rude and sarcastic now that I hear the tones drip from my tongue. "I mean.. I'm fine, are you?" yes, much more exceptional. At least I hope. It's been a while since I've seen another being, seems I have forgotten my manors as well as how to communicate at all. The last equid I had seen was not even fully equine, as a matter of fact from the neck up it was an awfully dreadful presentation, some call a human form. The information I gathered from Drekan (his name) was that he was a Centaur. Something I'd never seen before but this time I'm glad I have floundered upon a fellow equine.

Although she lacks horns like me I still feel a connection. We're family right? Same species in a way, the only thing that differs between us is her barren forehead and my bone spiked forehead.
Lowering my alert I stand now with a barely heaving side and nostrils that move only as I search for scents of others. She can't be alone right?

[ooc- thought I'd try a different perspective (in first person rather than describing everything) to see which one best fits me for writing her.]
[ 'Thinking.']
[ "Speaking."]
[ Text ]
image credits
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.

Semper

It appeared that the snow had not quite taken control of the dappled mare's life, for as soon as the softly spoken words shooed away the sound of the snow falling my bright orchid eyes were met by the mare's eyes that were the color of storm clouds. Much like the dapples that covered her body in her own natural decoration. The new mare didn't take long to scramble to her feet and dance backwards a step or two, away from me and closer to a tree that I wondered if she bumped into it hard enough if she would end up a snow-mare rather than the unicorn she was?
Dull ivories clamped down on the soft inner part of my cheeks to hold back the giggle that was threatening to spill over into the cold air at the idea of the mare being covered in the white powder. I watched silently, whitewashed skull tilting ever so slightly to the right as chestnut ears flicked to the side as I wondered what it was that was going through the moon colored mare's mind as she stood there staring at me. Her expression was slightly amusing, the shock that spread across her features at my sudden appearance, wasn't she lucky that it had been me who had stumbled across her slumbering body and not one of the more, unfavorable characters that roamed the lands.
My mind drifted away from the startled mare who stood before me and to the recent events that had occurred in the lands. So much death. So many murders and the killer was still on the loose. For a moment I wondered what I would have done if this mare hadn't woken up from her snowy slumber, as far as I could tell she held no relation to the lands of Helovia, but she could very well be one of the Basiners who had ran away to die in peace rather than with the monsters that resided within their snowy hell. "Are you alright!?" Words laced with venom brought my attention back to reality where the pale ghost's stature seemed to have relaxed a little bit too much. A single, invisible brow arched upwards and my ears turned forwards once more as the mare quickly began to speak once more. "I mean.. I'm fine, are you?" This time the creature spoke as if she had a mother who raised her with manners rather than just some whore who had dropped the foal and left, my posture relaxed even more as the left corner of my mouth twitched upwards in a smirk.
"I'm grand, but I'm not the one who decided to sleep the night away in the middle of a snow storm in a strange land." Blonde tresses smacked against my painted hips as I shook my whitewashed skull ever so slightly, tongue clicking against the ridged roof of my mouth much like it used too when I was nothing but a basket of nerves waiting to be plucked before I spoke up once more. "Assuming you are new here of course. I'm Cheveyo, Captain of the World's Edge. Who might you be?" The title Captain was still one that would take getting used too, but I had to admit I liked the ring of it.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Malificent]
Words;; 556
Notes;; <3

x - x - x

please tag Cheveyo!!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The veil of night was cold and beautiful, with brilliant stars shiny brightly overhead. This light caught in the shards of stone that were permanently captured in her hair, making her sparkle as if a diamond queen had deemed her tresses their residence. Walking from the Basin had given her ample time to uncover more secrets of the land between the north and the east, and she mulled over them thoughtfully as she moved.

Her silver dragon, Tinek, danced from branch to branch through the forest, shaking heavy snow from leaden boughs. He hissed a laugh now and then as the flakes caught on his bond mate, and together, they played their little game. Tinek was forever interested in her ceaseless thoughts, and he offered his help when he could.

A storm picked up moments later, and she was grateful for the thick, winter coat she developed from living in the Aurora Basin. Breath moved past her gray nostrils in thick plumes, catching in the startlight as she pushed onward, eager to greet any newcomers in this frostfall weather. Much to her fortune, she spied two in the distance. Once smelled of Helovia, but the unicorn did not.

The pale princess smiled warmly at them both, still feeling strange at her new titled as the words tumbled in her mind. A tail end of a sentence from the painted one caught her interest. A captain in the World's Edge? Ah, she knew of Ktulu then, her twin sister. Ophelia smiled warmly at the pair, noting how cold they appeared to be. "Greetings to you both," she said, her chime-like tones gentle and effervescent.

"My name is Ophelia, Lady of the Aurora Basin, and my dear friend is Tinek," she introduced, amused at her Dragon hanging upside down from a tree limb. "May I suggest that we press inward out of this storm? There we should be able to make more comfortable introductions."

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Curiosity arose within me, the more I stared at this mare. The markings around her eyes and above her nose was something I had seen before but not quite like that. Everything that come across me had been some sort of warrior paint, painted in a fashion that screamed death, this... this was so much more relaxing and unusual to me. I was shaken from my trance when she responded to my greeting, my rather stupid and ignorant greeting. Goodness I need to work on this talking thing.

From her words, offense was almost taken, but by her nature and tones I got the feeling that offense was not meant. "I do not have a home to reside in, strange lands are all I come across, the only place I can sleep..." my voice slid off in a rather unusual falter, I wasn't so aware that my feelings for not having a home were deep. I always found pleasure in traveling, guess I never really thought I needed a home. "Cheveyo you say? Beautiful name. I am Malificent but you can just call me Mal, it's not such a mouthful."
What is that? My ears swiveled to my side as I slowly turned my head away from Cheveyo, one ear still fixated on her (as well as my peripheral vision watching her.) But what seemed to approach was a white being with red decorated in her mane and a crimson that sparkled within her orbs. The odd colors were almost intimidating, red reminds me of hatred and revenge. Though when she spoke the words were not as intimidating as her design. Ophelia is the name that she regarded herself as and Tinek? I looked above myself in the trees a little further away only to see... what? What on earth is that thing? I couldn't help but stare and question myself. Running through every last memory, story, anything that would give me a clue as to what this strange creature was. It held scales upon itself, much like that of a snake, but yet it's coloring matched her own. And horns? My god, what is it? I quit staring for the sake of realizing it's rude and returned my focus to the two before me.

As she asked to move away from the storm my eyes flashed to Cheveyo, looking for an answer from the mare. I wasn't sure the differences between the two. I didn't know who to trust.. but surely if these two had a disagreement between each other I could quickly turn away and be on my own again. Trust is something I don't quite understand. I know not to get myself into situations that could be dangerous or harmful to myself, but she seemed so convincing that it was quite alright. Goodness, I must look so distraught right now. I'm not even focusing on my physical posture. "I'm sorry, to seem so unsure and antsy, it's been quite some time since I've seen or spoken to anyone." so I gathered myself into a calming statue, deciding to make my own decision. Perhaps moving out of this storm and following her would save my life. Who knows how bad this could get.

"I'm quite alright with moving from this dreadful storm." I took a step towards Ophelia, cautious I was but more sure in the way I moved. A few more steps I traveled and here I was walking in her direction. The closer I came the more I was pushing myself to ask her what Tinek was, I did not want to offend by asking, as I was not sure if it would or not so I quietly spoke.. almost concerned "What is Tinek? If you don't mind me asking." I looked behind me to see if Cheveyo was following, I hoped she would as she was the first I had seen in a long time and boy did I have questions for the two of them.

[ooc- <3 <3 <3.]
[ 'Thinking.']
[ "Speaking."]
[ Text ]
image credits

Semper

About a year ago I would have grown extremely uncomfortable under the gaze of the dappled mare, probably to the point of cutting our meeting short and running home to hide in the safety of the shattered glass walls. But, I wasn't feeling panicked by the mare's stormy eyes drifting across my frame, settling on each marking for a few moments before moving onto the next. Of course mentally I wasn't completely healed, talking about the events and the boy that gave me the markings that drew so much attention was like taking an arrow to the heart. For a second, fear grabbed at my organs when the dappled mare's mouth began to twitch as if she was forming words. Here came the questions that I dreaded daily.
"I do not have a home to reside in, strange lands are all I come across, the only place I can sleep..." The moon hued creature hesitated momentarily before finding her voice once again. "Cheveyo you say? Beautiful name. I am Malificent but you can just call me Mal, it's not such a mouthful." A soft, ghost of a smile tugged at the corners of my rosy kissers, glad that I wouldn't be telling the story of my past, or running from the questioner on this cold and snowy day. Just as my jaw was parting, so words of thanks could be uttered, the sound of another joining us mid-introduction. "Greetings to you both, my name is Ophelia, Lady of the Aurora Basin, and my dear friend is Tinek. May I suggest that we press inward out of this storm? There we should be able to make more comfortable introductions." Chestnut ears twisted in the direction of the blood stained ice lady who introduced herself as what I presumed to be the Queen of the Basin. A land that only allowed those with horns to thrive within their frigid borders. The right corner of my rosy lips turned up in a half smile as my white washed skull lowered ever so slightly in a gesture of respect to the pale, ivory crowned Ophelia before my attention turned back to the moon hued Malicifent.
Almost as if on cue my orchids met her moving storm pools that still seemed a bit worried and thrown off by the fact that there was not one, but now two strangers to greet her into the strange world of Helovia. "I'm sorry, to seem so unsure and antsy, it's been quite some time since I've seen or spoken to anyone." While the words were spilling from her mouth the dappled unicorn shifted ever so slightly, her stature going from that of a scared child to a much more relaxed and pleasant mare, my skull bobbed ever so slightly in a nod as my vocal chords began to shake and quiver ever so gently to force the words forwards. "I'm not much for social situations myself." I admitted with full honesty as I turned away from the new comer and settled my orchids on the pale, slender frame of the Ice Queen who had mentioned moving out of the storm.
Chestnut ears flicked forwards as I listened to the new comer agree that moving out of the storm was a wise idea, I could only agree, even though I was surprised that the Ice Queen herself was wanting to remove herself from the snow that she had chosen to reside in. Snorting a blast of steam into the air I nodded and took a step in the direction of Ophelia and Malicifent who were headed deeper into the Threshold and further away from the quickest escape that I had plotted out in my mind. I caught the question that had slipped from the new comer's mouth, asking about the Queen's companion and then it struck me as odd that a unicorn would be able to bond with a creature that only equines were supposed to be able to bond with. Clearing my throat I allowed my vocals to be carried the distance between Ophelia and myself through the snow and wind. "How does the Lady of the Basin wind up with a dragon as her bonded mate?" For a moment, I thought the question to be too personal, but there was no taking it back now. She could choose to easily avoid the question and press onwards in any other direction.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Ophelia]
Words;; 741
Notes;; Sorry it took me so long <3

x - x - x

please tag Cheveyo!!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia understood the discomfort of interaction after periods of solace and isolation. She smiled and nodded, noticing the way the mare's gaze has been initially drawn toward Tinek who swung playfully from the branches. Often she and her playful friend had spent seasons lost in the northern mountains with nothing but her own thoughts. Those times were invaluable in maintaining her mental health, the loneliness fueling her confidence and drive. Patiently she stood, nodding when this painted mare spoke that she too was not one for social situations.

"I am glad you arrived here then. No matter where you live, you will find a home." Of that, Ophelia was sure. There was a place for everyone under the sun, and if not, someone would join you in your own band. At least, that had always been her experience.

Phi nodded with the gray indicated she wanted to move out of the storm, so Ophelia pushed south, if only for a little ways. The trees thinned, but the temperature warmed as well, leaving them in a beautiful clearing that was still snowy but out of the storm. The pale princess smiled at the foreigner's question. "Tinek is a dragon, a royal among his kind for his metallic coloring," she said warmly. The dragon, unable to jump along the tree tops anymore, landed on Ophelia's back to join the conversation.

The painted mare asked about him, and Ophelia chuckled. "Not everything is as it seems in appearance," she replied. "My mother was Soleil the Virtuous, a powerful equine warrior. I found Tinek's egg along the shoreline and my sister, Ktulu, won the riddle for me. She is a selfless member of the World's Edge, and I love her dearly. We are both of two bloods." While she held personal conflictions about her confusion about her lineage and who she was, Ophelia never tried to hide who she was and where she came from. Her father was a strong warlord, and her mother a powerful wielder of emotion.

A history of blood, violence, leadership and love ran in her veins, and she knew that she would have to accept her past to face her future. She smiled pleasantly at the pair, taking a deep breath. "I suppose this is where I extend my invitation to live in the Aurora Basin. The land is hidden in the mountains, a valley that is warmer once through the entrance. We are a closely knit group, full of interesting characters to say the least." Ulrik and d'Artagnan immediately came to mind. "If you wish to follow me, I will lead you north."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

The smile that seemed to come upon Cheveyo's features was rathering warming to my heart. Even though things were just slightly awkward to me right now, a smile from someone... may have just been all I needed to regain some feelings back into my icy soul. Sometimes being kept in solitude and having no one to talk to but yourself, could make you forget all the normal things of life. Like feelings, and gestures, even the simple things like talking. So that smile seemed to spark a fire within my heart. I don't know how but it did and so it was greatly appreciated.
------
Another warm smile from the white mare, with the most unique of a companion, made the fire start to rage. I was welcomed. Welcomed within not only an engagement in conversation but to a home where many residents resided and these two accepted me. Not chasing me from the gates and back into the solitude where I spent my days wondering (although, I did not mind being alone, but sometimes it's so much better to not be.)

I'm growing older, maturing with age, and starting to feel the need to settle deep within my veins... but as we walked I listened. Listened carefully to Ophelia explain about Tinek. A dragon she claimed him to be, a royal and of the largest that his kind can be. This I questioned. When hearing of the great beast others call 'dragons' (tales and stories can often be exaggerated, I know) they seemed to be so much bigger. Much more powerful... and rather, frightening. Perhaps there are dragons like such in another world, another land but this one. This one right here seemed less as intimidating as I expected a 'dragon' to be. Though, I do not wish to test his abilities. Fire is something that makes my heart race in a way that I never want to experience again.

Cheveyo's questions pulled me from my thoughts and back to our walk from this disgusting snow. My darkened orbs trailed back to Ophelia when she began to explain herself once again, starting with a chuckle that I was unsure how to take. Unsure of how Cheveyo would manage her thoughts of it as well. Maybe it was a kind gesture, maybe it was a mocking gesture. I will soon know...

'Of two bloods?' I ponder to myself. This surely must mean something along the lines of species interbreeding. She says her mother was an equine (which we all are in a sense) but from the way I take it, her mothers forehead was as bare as Cheveyo's... meaning her father was a unicorn like the two of us. Though my assumptions could be wrong, he could have been a mix just as Ophelia but managed to gain a bone upon his forehead as well as passing the trait to his daughter (and his daughters sister, this Ktulu.) So I try to piece the puzzles together, she asked how Ophelia could be bonded to a companion only an equine could bond to, so does this mean this dragon species can not bond with me or my full blooded kin?

Here, here is where I choked on my own words. An invitation to live with a mare I have only just yet met, an invitation to arrive in a home where no one knows me, where I know not a single name but hers. This, this is something I have now learned I dread. How do I answer? I cleared my head, looking at Ophelia with a questioning face. "I do not mean to offend by what I say, Ophelia, but I am questionable on this invitation..." I trail, thinking hard about what to say, "I would much prefer to travel and see my options before making a firm choice but I would be more than delighted to follow you to your home and meet some of your fellow followers." I turn my gaze to Cheveyo, unknowing of if the mare herself was going to ask the same question so I form my own question in a favorable manor (or so I felt like.) "Would you mind if I came to see your home as well after visiting this Aurora Basin? If the lovely lady of the Basin would point me in the right direction after I sight see her valley?" now my second question was more directed to Ophelia as my gaze wandered to her.

[ooc- Sorry for taking a while to reply, would have had one up yesterday but was visiting a college, where I have been accepted :).]
[ 'Thinking.']
[ "Speaking."]
[ Text ]
image credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia could imagine the trepidation of choosing a new residence, especially with strangers assaulting you on the threshold of a new land. She smiled, accepting the mare's decision with grace, nodding once. Choosing to be a guide was natural for the pale princess, having memorized the paths to and fro long, long ago. "I would be pleased to lead you north," she murmured, nodding to Cheveyo politely. Then, she turned, leading her new charge into the white.

The journey was long, treacherous at times. Mountains in the distance became more clear, the nuances of the shadows and rock more detailed. Breath puffed in clouds of white, and she pushed farther. Hidden, deeply within the vast expanse of nothingness, was a narrow pass. Mountains towered overhead, and she moved into the hidden cut between them, walking upwards. Thus was the slender entrance to the Aurora Basin. "This is the passageway to my home," Ophelia said quietly. "When you are ready to leave, simply call on me, and I will lead you south again."

[[I am so sorry this took so long. Everything has been crazy! you can post in the AB now and Phi will show up. Just tag me]]