the Rift

[OPEN] Plastic Soldiers [Patrol]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
The pair had embarked on their first patrol earlier that day with both being quite eager to watch the rising of the sun from the dunes of their new home. It was a strange sensation for them to feel so secure upon waking but it was not a foreign emotion because they had lived a comfortable life before- in the Edge. As the morning sun peeked above the horizon, Romul lifted a wolven tune to the heavens in order to greet the new day. It carried through the treetops and out along the frozen meadows before dying somewhere off in the distance. He whimpered and rumbled at his companion's hooves, more than ready to begin their daily routine as they’d done many times before. Essetia smiled knowingly down at the impatient wolf before trilling at him in beautifully high-pitched song, a sign that Romul had come to know all too well. With the chilled wind howling at their backs the pair loped away into the hazy morning light toward the outer borders of the Falls.

When the cold had torn the very air from their lungs, the young duo slowed along their southern borders with their sides heaving from exertion. Such beauty Romul whispered to his attentive partner. Essetia nodded in agreement but did little else to acknowledge her companion for her mind had traveled elsewhere. However, the canine was comfortable to leave the mare to her silence and instead wandered away to scout the path ahead for signs of disruption. As effective as the patrols were meant to be in defending the falls from intruders and various other interruptions, Essetia believed it was the only way a warrior would be able to empty their mind in between training sessions and idle waiting. She pondered what it would feel like when she was called to action or when war breached their walls as it had all those years ago upon the dunes of the foothills.

Essetia had not yet been old enough to understand the ramifications of battle and warfare when the invasion took place, but she had been wise enough know that it involved death. The stiff word hung loosely from her lips even now as she meandered further into the southern reaches of her home, still sifting through words and phrases she'd heard long ago. She feared death and she feared the idea of preparing for battle but it was her steadfast determination that kept her moving; she was not a creature that often ran from her troubles. Of course, it was not a way of thinking that she had adopted as a youth… it had come from her time spent away from Helovia in the wild north. But now it was time to test that resolve in hopes of discovering a part of herself that she had not recognized before and the Hidden Falls was going to help her do it.
Credits!

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
I'd come to rely on my soldiers for aid in daily patrols. With Seele sick and growing weaker by the day I didn't feel able to leave her side for anything aside forging. Hopefully, Ghost was doing her job tending to the Falls. Though these eyes had not laid upon my other colead for many weeks. Thus was never a bright sign in the business of running a herd. I prayed for her well being and tried to do my best with clan politics while nursing Seele back to health.

One frostfall dawn, a vivid vision came to me, faces and names of individuals whom caught Earths attention. I'd had these sort of dreams before, yar, their purpose was familiar to me. I reluctantly turned to a weak but blissfully unaware Seele that morning. Slowly my frame retreated from our glade. Fina chortled softly, yearning to travel beyond the nook of trees I'd chosen as a temporary hollow. "Nay," I whispered, stay please.

Fina and Neve stayed behind to guard that fragile frame. My path took me to the border of our territory. I anxiously sought out one particular woman, whom I'd never met. There was her name and face ever pressed into my soul. Demanding release.

I found my target on the edge of our territory. A soldier going about her day and a pale wolf close to heel. "Hail!" Daggers quickened the pace and moved to close the distance between us, "Cry thee pardon for shouting, but I have a message for ye." Feathers tightened against my pelt, a vain attempt to ward off the noticeable chill of yet another frigid morning. I made attempt to smile, but I'm sure it appeared more like a weary grimace.
Time flies, knells call, life passes, so hear my prayer
Birth is nothing but death begun, so hear my prayer
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

A cool breeze carried the sounds of distant footfall down the path, but the young warrior did not think to seek out her fellow early morning riser. She and Romul were quite content to wander about in solitude, happy to breathe the winter air in safe and perfect bliss… It had been quite some time since she’d been allowed such luxury and even if she owed the pleasure to her own sense of duty, Essetia was thankful for the chance to unwind. However, Romul had other ideas when it came down to his own responsibilities and when the fair-haired wolf came bounding back into view, he appeared mildly distraught. Someone comes Ess. Wide, golden eyes peered distractedly behind in spite of the mare’s own gentle smile and calm demeanor. They’ll be no threat love… She murmured through the bond.

However, the canine was on edge and rightly so. When a painted stallion approached, the wolf padded ahead as if to form a barrier between woman and man. He was still unused to the concept of trusting others and had no problem expressing his wariness, especially when the stud came forth with so much intent. Neither Essetia nor Romul had seen winged animal before and each had a different way of dealing with his sudden blip on their radar. Essetia dipped her head in acknowledgement while Romul continued to gaze suspiciously at the newcomer whose wings were tipped in gold. But when he relayed that he had come with a message, the pair grew still out of mere curiosity. The mare pondered whether or not this was Oxy, the other Legatus in the falls… though she doubted it from the way her carried himself.

The stallion himself was a captivating animal who stood a few hands smaller than she… and yet Essetia was compelled to be on her best behavior before him. “Then do share my golden friend. Words like those worry a girl like me…” Was there a problem with her residing in the falls? Had her father heard of her return? Numerous possibilities turned about restlessly in her head but her face betrayed no emotion. Romul was the only one who could hear her anxiety lilting to and fro across the sea of confusion in her mind, but at least the chaos would be put to rest as soon as that message had passed his dark lips.
Credits!

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Her bonded appears less than pleased to school my approach, I offer the snowy canine a gentle look of knowing as it moves between us; allowing me to draw no closer. Fina often responded in the same manner to individuals she didn't favor. (Which was most of the equine population) Though I was this lady's Czar, I was indeed a stranger to this woman, and thus understood why I'd be met with guarded looks.

I didn't question the fact that it was rare a newblood would be chosen for this honor, coupled with the fact that her actions for this family were unknown to me; though, say true, I'd been otherwise occupied during these last few days. Which made me a poor judge. "Does ye know of the Storyteller pool?" Earth knew better than I the weight and worth of each soul in his land. He knew, aye. "Travel there when ye is able, near waters edge ye will find a reward from our patron lord."

A small smile manages to break through my worn expression, "He has taken notice of thee and seeks to reward ye for service to this family." I didn't tell her what prize my vision revealed, not all things in life needed to be quickly unveiled. Surprise and the joy of treasure was still a child-like wonder worthy of discovery.

Seele was waiting, my mind flicked back to her fragile body. Carefully I brushed Fina's mind, urging her to show me, reassure me. "Aye," she whispered, "All is well."

OOC: congrats, you've been chosen for a seasonal prize.

Earth amulet.

Time flies, knells call, life passes, so hear my prayer
Birth is nothing but death begun, so hear my prayer
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

No pleasantries were exchanged, no names given… the young warrior did not know how else to handle the information relayed to her other than to nod silently in response. She did not know where the Storyteller’s pool was, but surely she was capable enough of seeking it out on her own without having to pester this stranger. His sense of urgency did little to comfort her nerves and so Essetia only stared back listlessly until the stallion had all but run from her back into the depths of the Falls. “Thank you… sir.” Within seconds, the painted lord had disappeared the way he came, leaving the young mare to bluster quietly after him. Strange… Romul commented, as he glanced back to his bonded. Essetia nodded to him in turn but did nothing to acknowledge him otherwise. Her thoughts were completely occupied with ideas of home and her father once again… and this place, well it felt nothing like the Edge. Everyone appeared so vague and hurried.

Perhaps we can pay my father a visit Romul… maybe he’ll be able to shed light on these affairs? The wolf snorted in laughter at her attempt to avoid proving him right. He had fought hard for their return to the World’s Edge, but even if Essetia was feeling uprooted, she would remain in the Falls if only to discover what secrets were clearly lurking in their shadows.

Distractedly, the mare and her wolf wandered away from the patrolling route in order to meander aimlessly through the dense forest in hopes of finding the infamous “Storyteller Pool.” The soil was soft and springy underfoot and while Romul enjoyed it immensely, it was difficult for Essetia to push through the thicket with the mud suckling heavily at her hooves. Though the snow was not as heavy as it had been in the Threshold, it still clung lightly to the branches that reached out toward the mare’s face and back. As she wrestled her way through the undergrowth back toward an open meadow only a few miles north, Essetia took a moment to imagine just how brilliant the Falls would look in the spring and summer.

Though she would not be able to hear the soft roaring of the ocean as she once had in the World’s Edge, she could imagine how the gurgling streams and plunging waterfalls would sound to her callous ears. A cool part of her heart would always long to avoid her father and the Edge, but the small child that had been abandoned so long ago wanted nothing more than to run into his waiting arms and bury herself there until the lines of their separate beings became one. At times she imagined what such a love would feel like… She’d forgotten the emotion long ago.

When Romul and his mare broke through the tree line and into an open meadow, they paused to look around at the glorious marvels of the crystalline pool before them. Not only had they stumbled upon what Essetia believed to be the Storyteller’s Pool, but they had happened upon the most wondrous thing that the mare had ever seen. Rimmed in jewels of various colors ranging from yellow to silver, the pool shimmered in the midday sun like something straight from Essetia’s imagination. It was as if the pool itself had been touched with the magic of the Gods, which of course was highly likely considering it was in fact used to contact them.

Stepping forward, Essetia approached slowly looking for whatever it could be that the strange stallion had said would be waiting for her here. At first, nothing appeared to be for her aside from the utter beauty and bliss she’d witnessed while looking into the endless depths of the pool itself. However, as she began to circle around the undisturbed sheath of glassy water, she noticed a small glint of color in the sun’s rays. As she drew closer to the object, she recognized it as an amulet of some sort. Her father had received one from the beautiful Mirage when he was still in the Edge… but this one… was for her.
Credits!

OOC| I just went ahead and posted it all in this thread xD No need to respond, we can just close it here?