the Rift

[OPEN] Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] [CLOSED]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

I had been gifted with title, with friends, with family, and with trust. I had been given so many things in life that at times I felt overwhelmed by the complexity of it all. But now, I had no time to ponder what I was meant to do in this life, this meager life that had been given to me so that I might make something wonderful of all of its parts. Give me wood and I would make fire. Give me water and I would make blood… This was just the beginning of another miracle.

The Edge awoke beneath a pale purple sky with the mists crawling slowly to its heart. It was a mystical thing to witness as the morning lights faded one into another; pinks and oranges and lavenders all intermingled around the pastel clouds. Winter would be departing soon and I as I awaited the coming of spring I had begun to contemplate what exactly it meant to be one of the Specters of the Edge. To me, it was an important role, just as any other rank in the system… and as such, I would make sure that my followers were as devout as I was.

My mysterious “other”, Jahzara, and I hadn’t officially met yet but I was more than certain that if she’d been picked for the position, she would be more than qualified. I’d turned over numerous ideas concerning how to attract attention to the sneak class, but either way I was content with whatever turnout happened to accompany Jahzara and I. We were new authority so I didn’t imagine that many current members would find comfort in following our word without a bit of proof or motivation.

After picking an appropriate meeting place, I lifted my voice toward the heavens above. As soon as Jahzara arrived, the meeting would begin. “World’s Edge Sneaks, I call you to action now. This is an opportunity for those already interested in the position to find purpose and for those curious about our ranks to join us now. Jahzara and I will be hosting a series of teaching classes for those willing to attend as our guests. However, if you have already decided to join us, this is a mandatory meeting.”

OOC| If you are a current sneak rank, this is a mandatory meeting. For those of you interested in the rank, please post as well. No matter what position you hold now, you are welcome to join and participate because we will be hosting a game soon after. Everyone is welcome to help our sleuths out.

Go on, save yourself
@[Jahzara] @[Cetan] @[Astraea]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”

The bellow startles me awake and off my precarious perch, down a rough hill. Hooves scrabbled to stop my fall, and i managed to just skid down the small slope rather than tumble as i almost did. Heart pounding, i look around in startled fear. World's Edge? Sneaks? Who was yelling what was going on was there danger woul- Wait.... that voice... That had been Thor. But louder. I decided i did not like Thor's voice when it was raised, even if i didn't hear anger in it. Slowly everything returned to me; i was moderately safe, part of The World's Edge herd, and now a.... sloth? I mulled that over. Didn't sound quite right...

But regardless of my being a sloth(really who came up with the name?) i slowly make my way towards Thor. Then i sped up to a canter, heart pounding. I couldn't be late. He'd get angry, and i didn't want to disappoint the one that brought me here, who named me friend. Even if i was not one worthy of such attention from one such as him.

I burst into the meeting spot and nearly slammed into Thor, cloven hooves scrabbling and skidding to a stop. My rump hits the ground, head jerking back to avoid touching Thor. Thankfully i don't crash into my....mentor? Senior? I quickly get to my feet, dipping my head and backing away from him. "P-pardons. I came fast as i could." I apologized, ignoring the sting in my rump and hind legs from my oh-so-graceful slide. 'fool fool fool.' I chide myself, my gaze flickering around the clearing, head low to the ground as usual.

Would others be coming, or was this giant and my small self the only ones that belonged to this 'sloth' rank. Wait... was it sloth? My gaze flickered to Thor, and i hesitated before carefully speaking. "I..i had a question. Our rank...we are 'sloths' yes?" I frown. I swear that's what he called it... but as Thor had yet to punish me for a question... maybe he wouldn't tear after me for this little one. Or maybe he would. I lean away from him slightly, tail swishing once, anxiously.

Word Count:267 Tags:000

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered

“Goodbye.”

The whisper came from my lips soft and light and fluttered towards the brightening sky. My eyes glistened at the stars that still fought to remain glittering and gleaming in the daylight. But alas, the rays of the sunlight would eventually overtake them all, leaving no trace of the stars that littered the night sky before My friends...I'd have to wait to see them until the darkness of night cloaked this land once again.

With the disappearing of my last friend, I took away from the the cliff that I had stood upon that night and walked slowly towards the heart of the Edge. Already it's mists were beginning to claw their way over to me, nipping at my hooves as if telling me to hurry it along. I could almost swear that there was some sort of magic used to make them a living body sometimes.

A strong voice bellowed out across the land and for a minute I stopped to hear its message. World's Edge Sneaks...call you to action...teaching....Jahzara. My face contorted slightly as I realized I didn't know of anybody named Jahzara. That was one downside I did not like about being new to the herd: I didn't know anybody. Well I didn't know anybody besides Thor, which clearly it was his voice that carried the message to my ears. And I knew enough to know that I was considered a World's Edge Sneak, so of course I would answer the call.

My legs carried me at a decent trot across the land until I managed to find Thor. Though he wasn't alone. Next to him I saw another unicorn with two horns and they were mostly black in color. Was this Jahzara? I must have missed whatever this stallion had said – if they had said anything that is – because they both stood there silently the unicorn seemingly a little nervous for some reason. Had something happened that was bad? Curiosity ate at me for a little bit but I shook it off knowing that this wouldn't be how bad information would be given. Surely a herd meeting would be called for terrible news.

Once done with my quick and silent observation of the new stallion before me, my dark colored eyes turned to Thor. Shock crossed me as I saw the state of his wings. They looked like they could have fallen off of him! Then quickly my shock turned into a little bit of pity. He was losing his wings...or at least it seemed like he was. It had to hurt...it just had to. Both physically and mentally. To lose a part of yourself...I – I just couldn't imagine how that would feel.

But I wouldn't touch the subject. I knew I wouldn't want another's pity, so I wouldn't go there.

“I heard your call,” I spoke out loud enough for both to hear, “Are we waiting on anybody else?”

I took a quick look around, but saw nobody else here with us yet. Maybe we were the only ones or maybe there were others who had yet to arrive. I wouldn't know until this meeting truly began.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 528
TAGGED;; @[Thor] @[Cetan] & don't know who all else. lol
OOC;; bloop..

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Thor the Gentle Heart

Time was wasting away into the depths of what felt like eternity. I possessed the tolerance of a two year old child as the minutes ticked away, sounding off tick by tick in my head like the clicking of hooves. However, when the crunching of hardened ground alerted me to Cetan’s approach, a small smile touched my lips, relief. But with a dual-horned stallion barreling toward me at high speeds, I couldn’t help but flinch and back away at the sight. A heavy gasp burst from my lips as the stud skid past me before falling on his ass completely. If I hadn’t been so shocked at the sight of him, I would have laughed but impatience and annoyance made my expression hard. “I can see that,” I muttered.

My frustration was apparent despite the fact that internally I felt quite ashamed for taking it out on Cetan… Of course he always had a way of throwing that guilt out the window by shocking me completely with his utter ignorance. Sloths? I couldn’t even deem the term close enough in pronunciation to what I’d explained to him upon his first day in the Edge. All I could do was shake my head in dismay. “Sleuths Cetan. Sleuths,” I sighed.

I wasn’t sure how sly the dark, dappled stallion could be… but in my heart of hearts, I hoped that he could be clever enough to suit the position. So far… he’d been everything but.

At least his heart was in it.

However, with Astraea drawing nearer, as I hoped she would after such an awkward moment shared with her fellow Slueth, I turned to greet the mare with a sullen rumble. I hadn’t yet been blessed with the chance to meet Jahzara but I assumed she must have been somewhere along the outer reaches of the Edge. She would find her way to our company in time but I had no intentions of waiting… my mind was too restless. “Jahzara will find her way here eventually I’m sure. But until then, I’m sure she will appreciate my plans to prepare you both for what we have in mind,” I stated curtly. On any other day I would have sought their friendship but for now I was their leader and as such, I demanded respect for the things I could provide them.

Now, as you may or may not know, Sleuths are very few and far between. You’re looking at your fellow sneaks, aside from Jahzara, and there are a multitude of things I will be asking of the two of you,” I said before resting a serious gaze on each in turn. “I want you both to know that I will be testing you and putting you to task in order to prep you for anything and everything to come. I have implemented a riddle challenge that you will be required to participate in along with your companions in the Edge, should they choose. There will be four rounds in which you will have to create plausible stealths for Jahzara and myself to guess. Each round will pertain to different herds throughout Helovia and I expect you to think of your own victims so I suggest getting to know your fellow Helovians.

My voice was hard and authoritative; I had neither room nor patience for indiscretion and I wanted my Slueths to take me seriously. “However, the first round will be decided by Jahzara and I. You will each have a chance to guess one another’s riddle so that your superiors are able to gauge your abilities to create cunning stelaths.” With that, my curious eyes found both faces hoping that they still possessed the strength to continue. If they were unable to cope with my firm hand then they deserved no part of my guidance as Specter.

Go on, save yourself

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”

I shrink away from the frustration and disappointment on Thor's face, quickly getting to my feet and backing away from him, head low. I kept my mouth shut, not wishing to anger the stallion more. My ears twitch at the sound of another approaching, and i glance to the side to see who it was... and was in awe. The mare that stepped into the space was... well needless to say i thought her beautiful. Too much so. I turn my gaze down to the ground, stubbornly refusing to look at her. Thor speaks then, and i listen.

I'm surprised to hear that so few are Sneaks, and my wide eyes flicker up to Thor's face before dropping to his hooves. Only myself and the ghost-one? Why were there so few? There were so many in the herd... Did they all choose other paths? Thor's idea of a riddle challenge instantly catches my ears, and i listen with rapt eagerness. But then my heart chills. I would have to make riddles about others... which meant knowing them. How was i to do that? At least the first round we would be given a target... Still wasn't very helpful.

Thor stopped speaking, and i glanced up at him, finding nothing but sternness. "It...sounds fun." I attempt to be cheery, as excited as i was...but it looked more like i was in pain, so i dropped the expression and looked back to the ground, beginning to think. Who did i know that i could create stealths about? Riddles... clever tricky things. Delightful things. I needed to be clever, tricky. A ghost of a smile twitches on my dark lips. Clever. I could do clever. Problem would be the socializing aspect of it all.

My gaze goes to the pale night-kissed mare, flickering over her features. How good was she at riddles? Did she know more Helovians than i? How even would this challenge be? I look back to Thor, blue seeking brown. "I'll do my best." I speak quietly, softly, before turning my head to focus on my hooves. Riddles... I smile then, fully, mind already beginning to piece together scraps from my limited knowledge. I could do this. Maybe i appeared stupid or ignorant to my blând unul, but what i lacked in physical strength or ferocity, i made up for in the mind. Problem was just... well many things.

Word Count:401 Tags:@[Astraea] @[Thor] @[Jahzara]

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Jahzara

The young minded palomino vixen was indeed on the far outskirts of the World's Edge, barely able to hear the echoes of Thor's call for the sneak meeting. If it was not for the imaginated Lily, she would have missed the call completely. Lost in the world of her imagination, Jahzara had been following one of her favorite hallucinations, several brightly colored and glowing butterflies. She was busy cantering through the woods, weaving in and out of the tree line with bubbly giggles, when Lily appeared running along her side. The purple pony's stubby little legs drummed the earth in rushed attempts to keep up with her best friend, yelling out for the arabian cross to slow down. 'Jahzara! I think...they are calling...for you!' Lily's voice hollared between pants in Jahzara's mind, and the golden princess locked her forelegs to skid to a halt, her hind legs tucking beneath her.

Once she came to a stop, the grateful little pony waddled up to her side. "I'm sorry, what was that you said?" Jahzara asked, tilting her dished crown to the side while adjusting her position so that her good eye was facing her hallucinated friend. 'I think that big guy that your supposed to work with called you...'Big guy? Jahzara thought for a moment, thinking over the larger members of the herd. There was Archibald, but Jahzara wasn't working with him in any way. Oh, of course! The other Specter that she had yet to meet, what was his name again? "Oh, Thor?" The pony nodded, and the snow-kissed golden girl began to work her way through the forest to find the meeting that she had nearly missed. Once she was close enough, she could vaguely make out Thor's voice talking about making a game of sorts for the new sleuths to try their hand at riddles.

Breaking through the last of the vegetation to reveal herself, Jahzara blushed when she realized she was the last of them to join. 'What a way to make an impression, Jay...' The figment of her imagination snorted sarcastically, and the Arabian cross shot the pony a glare. "Oh shush." Returning her attention the small group, she offered a shy smile towards the rest. She remembered Thor from seeing him around the herd, having yet to officially meet however. The other two were completely new to the vixen, and she offered each of them an apologetic nod. "I'm sorry I'm late, I am Jahzara. A pleasure to meet you all." Sheepishly, she joined Thor's side, placing herself in a position to show that she was one of their leaders as well, always keeping her good eye towards the much larger stallion. "I believe I heard you mention a challenge for them?" She asked Thor, before turning her head towards the other two.

Glancing at the shy black male, Jahzara offered a friendly smile in hopes to get him to relax a little. Then, she directed her words towards both of the new sneak recruits. "While the challenge may be fun, you must remember to take it seriously. The riddles may just be between us, but they are to prepare you for when the real deal is happening. Our herd, our family, relies on us to keep them safe. It is a large responsibility, and it will require you to meet many other Helovians. The more you know, the higher the chances we have at keeping our family safe." The mare's words were spoken with a maturity that was rarely seen, proving that she did, in fact, take her title seriously.

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

Walking On Air
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Quietly, I listened to Thor as he spoke first to Cetan and then to us both. Apparently Jahzara was running a tad bit late. Hopefully she would find her way over to this meeting before we broke it up. I'd really like to get to know all my fellow comrades in arms.

You're looking at your fellow sneaks...

The fact echoed in my mind as I looked from Cetan and then to Thor. Why was there so little of us? Did no one worry about learning the unknown? Was no one the least bit curious about everything around them? My heart sank just a little bit. I was hoping there would be more of us...more sneaks...more sleuths. But apparently there wasn't. There was just me, Cetan, Thor, and this Jahzara.

My ears tipped as Thor continued talking about some sort of riddle challenge. In all honesty, it sounded like it could be a lot of fun, until he said one word: victims. The word just seemed too personal for me. Perhaps maybe objective or mission but it wasn't my intention to victimize people.

“Okay,” I agree hesitantly after he finished talking and remained silent. My black eyes fell to Cetan questioningly. Was he willing to think of our stealths as a form of victimization? Or would he be just as hesitant as I was in that department? I mean certainly I could come up with some sort of puzzle to describe somebody, but would my sense of loyalty and need to belong overrun my own moral compass?

Pondering over that I looked up to the sky. Perhaps I could find an answer within the stars once night came?

The sound of another equine approaching snapped my attention back to the earth. Rather suddenly, my gaze fell upon a golden mare who had scars over her eyes. Jahzara? When she introduced herself I felt a slight relief to now finally know what all of my fellow sneak ranks looked like.

“It is also a pleasure to meet you too,” I respond back to her before she moved on to talk about the challenge. I listened intently while she spoke about how important it was that we be able to both create and solve these riddles. Our family relies on us to keep them safe she said. Our family...they rely on us...me to keep them safe? It seemed almost unreal. First I have no family, then Thor invites me into his family here with the Edge, and now they were going to rely on me to keep them safe. It felt like things were moving so fast – going from a nobody to an important somebody of sorts.

A sigh escaped my lips as I resigned to the part of me that felt a need to belong somewhere. If they needed me to protect them from something or someone then I would do my absolute best to do so. I looked to each of my fellow sneaks one at a time. First Jahzara, then Cetan, and finally at Thor. And as my gaze lingered on him I spoke softly but with a determination that was beginning to grow within me, “I'll do my best too.”

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 535
TAGGED;; @[Thor] @[Cetan] & @[Jahzara]
OOC;; sorry for the late reply. also sorry for the double tagging for Linds and Tribs...forgot to put brackets on Jahzara xD

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Thor the Gentle Heart

Guilt flared hot and heavy from within at Cetan’s obvious discomfort sprung from my own irritation. I did not want to offend him or hurt him in any way but he would have to learn to fend for himself. He would have to give himself the chance to believe and trust in his own instincts. It did trouble me that he was so introverted, so pained by my actions that he could not keep his head high… but he would become strong beneath my figurative wing. I would see to that.

I’ll make sure it is,” I tried to soothe the young stallion. However, just when I was about to move on with instructions and a quick debriefing before departure, a pale Appaloosa mare rushed into sight. I narrowed my eyes at the youthful sprite before smiling jovially at her. So this was my companion, my partner in crime for the time being... She joined our meeting in a flurry of limbs and hurried breath before offering apology and introduction. She was certainly not what I’d been expecting but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. “Welcome Jahzara, I’m Thor- your fellow Specter,” I offered politely.

When she had officially greeted our sneaks, each in turn, I stepped aside to allow her position at my side. A sense of pride at having finally rounded up all of our participants made me swell, enthused. However, it was short-lived at best. Jahzara had turned one mottled, blue eye toward me in question. I had yet to formally introduce my idea about the sneak challenges which made me ashamed. However, we hadn’t really had much time to get acquainted… and she didn’t seem particularly offended by my initiative. After deliberating my misconduct for a brief time, I moved on quickly to provide her answer. “Yes, a challenge. I would actually love your input on a few things after the meeting… if that’s okay with you?” I consented hesitantly. I had yet to work with another since my time at the helm, but I assumed that Jahzara was an amiable creature quite capable of compromise and understanding.

While my mind wandered, Jahzara addressed both Cetan and Astraea. Somehow I was able to return just in time to catch the tail end of her mild warning. I knew that I would grow to enjoy her company if she was anything like this outside of duty’s call. Though young, she was sound of mind (as far as I was concerned) and quite capable of her position as fellow sister and Specter.

Astraea and Cetan both appeared to accept the idea and offered words of determination that only served to soothe my nervous heart. I was glad to have such willing participants at my heel.

With silence finally rearing its head and understanding looming not far behind, I nodded to my recruits with finality. “Jahzara is right. These games should be taken seriously, after all… they will mimic the real deal. I think it would be in everyone’s best interest to pair up with a Specter since there are so few of us. We will each be able to assist you in creating and solving riddles,” I stated evenly. “Now, Cetan, you and I will be one team and Astraea and Jahzara will be the other. Further direction will be discussed outside of the meeting in order to maintain confidentiality. Other than that, you guys are free to go and let the games commence!

Go on, save yourself

OOC| Okay, I'm going to go ahead and close this. It's been a pain and half to keep going- SO ON TO SNEAK CHALLENGE.