the Rift

[OPEN] This is...home

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

Serenity had never before heard of Helovia, until she arrived. She had been a captive for so long, and information had been used like a weapon to take down the poor and destitute. Never having been allowed to learn, her scope of the world had been so narrow, but her escape had forcibly expanded her knowledge. The journey was frightening, but in Helovia, she had found a home she could love. She found a place where she could learn to forget.

The gorgeous, confident mare before her introduced herself, a citizen of some faraway land she had never heard of. Serenity's hawkish, golden eyes widened with interest. "Oh, Terr? I have never heard of this place..." she trailed, trying to be polite. The starkissed one cleared her throat and awkwardly cast her gaze downward, deciding now would be the best opportunity to invite her back to the Dragon's Throat.

Much to her surprise and pleasure, this Sigunn agreed, and she exhaled a breath that she had not realized she had been holding. A bright, warm smile bloomed on her lips, and she nodded, stretching out her massive appendages of flight. "Follow me," she replied, jumping upward out of the trees and slamming the feathers down to create lift. Once on the soft thermals above the treeline, she glided south, the landscape changing beneath them.

Trees thinned as the ocean neared, and she started her descent toward a beautiful, sandy desert complete with shore and oasis. Serenity flapped her wings to delicately land on the soft sands, looking overhead for Sigunn to follow. Once she had, Serenity walked her to the Oasis where the giant, Dragon's Blood tree marked their world. "Welcome to the Dragon's Throat, Sigunn," she said warmly. "Our leaders are Gaucho, who is powerful, and Sohalia, who is kind."

Oh, what a silly thing to say...

@[Sigunn]
Everyone welcome!
Sigunn first please!

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Sigunn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SIGUNN
will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

Sigunn merely offered a gesture of indifference as Serenity did not recognize the name of her homeland, the name of the realm that had once roused pride and nationalism in her heart. Now its connotation was one of sorrow and confusion; she wanted it all back, but what she had lost could never be properly recovered. It was difficult to find the strength to spread her wings and lift herself from the earth, but a warrior does not surrender so easily. She took a few brisk steps forward at a trot before launching herself into the air with a powerful beat of her wings. They had been such unique things in Terr. So unique, in fact, that she was lucky to have learned how to use them. But she had, and they had grown strong in specialized training for war. Extended to their fullest, the two-toned sails soon carried her easily over the ever changing landscape. Flight was a precious escape, and the sensation of wind all around was a gift. It quieted her mind, if only for a moment.

Where they landed was quite different from Terr's terrain. No rolling hills, no deep lake at the center. It resembled more the farthest outskirts, where few feared venture. Stories of sea monsters lurking in the salt water depths were present in ominous legend as much as in childhood lore. As a gladiator, she had often scoffed at the tales, taking dares from friends at a young age to wade into the ocean just to see how far she could go.

Her hooves scored the ground gently, small amounts of sand displaced as she landed at a walk so as not to damage her joints. Feathered appendages drew neatly to her slender sides and the dappled mare halted in step with Serenity. She remembered to smile, and cast her gaze over the tree with interest. Then officially welcomed, she dipped her head in response so as to represent taking on the hypothetical weight of loyalty she now wore for the Throat. Her head felt congested with thought, but none of her questions seemed capable of forming coherently enough to fall from her lips. It was all she could do to commit the names of her new leaders to memory. It was not a notion she was fond of, no matter how strong or kind either was. Her last king had nearly drowned her, what reason had she to expect any different from them? Sigunn was not the sort to so quickly jump to conclusions, but still their authority was already unsettling. Power meant someone willing risking it all to save their seat on the throne, to sacrifice anything for whatever purpose they saw fit. Power meant corruption, meant insanity, meant danger. "Thank you, Serenity." It was all she could think to say, so she said it with all the sincerity she could squeeze from her senseless heart. The woman had welcomed her into her herd with little more than an exchange of names, and all with a certain friendliness that eliminated the possibility of malevolent intent.

""

@[Serenity]