the Rift

[OPEN] Shake it Off, Shake it Off

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
quote quote quote

My mind had been so preoccupied since my patrol in the cave with Cera. What was going on with me? Something had come over me, and I didn't understand what. I wanted to be close to Cera, closer than I had ever wanted to be with anyone. It was almost like he was my safe zone... Even though I really didn't need a safe zone... I am almost fully grown... Almost. Were these the emotions of an adult?

My mind then wanders to my parents. It's hard to believe its been over a year since my mother and father were killed by wolves. Even hard to believe how young I had been what I had arrived here in Helovia. How much I had changed since then... Would they be proud of me? Proud of what I have grown up to become? Would they approve of whatever emotion it is I feel towards Cera?

Just like that, I was back to Cera... Always everything seemed to come back around to him. I snorted with frustration, my golden eyes closing for a moment. Why do I keep thinking about him? Why is he always on my mind? I am nothing to him... Just a little filly he took in so many months ago. A filly that he really shouldn't pay much mind to. He had his sister and nephew to worry about. Why would he ever spare a thought for me? I just need to shake it off.... Just gotta shake him off....

@[Satanic Silk] - and open to all

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Face practically submerged in the oasis, drowning my thoughts. Shut up, shut up, shut up. Panic threatens to overcome me. It's my desperate hope that if I just maybe drown myself... that panic won't be able to reach the surface. But my instinct for survival is too much, and as my lungs begin to burn with desperation for oxygen I throw my head up. Water splashes around me and I take a step back, gasping for air. Flaxen mane soaked and clinging to my skin, my forelock dangling over my unsightly markings. Panic still rumbles within me, not daunted by the threat of extinction via its host's death. I blink in the light of the Frostfall sun, its gaze offering no real warmth or comfort. Though I stand quite still, there is turmoil within me.

I have not seen Africa for quite awhile now. Not since the onset of winter, if I recall correctly. Gaucho took over as the new lead of the Throat with Sohalia. Where, then, does that leave my beloved Africa? I have heard nothing of her whereabouts. I keep trying to tell myself that she's alright. That no harm has come to her. That she wouldn't... leave me.... Was I wrong about our feelings? Was she trying to game me into doing something for her? But I've done nothing for her - what would that have accomplished? Doubts and worries poison my mind, my heart, my spirit.... I do not want to return to the stallion I was before I found her again.

I hear noise across the oasis and look up to see another winged creature standing not far off. I'm pulled from my thoughts as I try to figure out who it is. Someone I've seen before, I think, but not one that I fully recognize. 'But perhaps I'm just imagining things? This is a desert oasis after all.' I try to pull myself together as I walk around the shore of the oasis, approaching her chocolate and cream form. I stop and observe as my mouth opens automatically and unconsidered words spill out. "I am Satanic Silk. Do I know you?" Not my most polite, but oh if you knew how far I've come.

Walking "Talking"
370 words, @[Amani]

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.