Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
Life is hard when you're young. There's so much responsibility and expectations that I'm not even aware of yet. I've tried to learn my lessons from Mother and Father, learning about the other herds and breeds ... the ones that we like and the ones that we don't, how to be diplomatic. It's a lot. I suppose that's what happens when you're a Prince. Ivezho probably feels the same way, although since he is with Mother I'm sure he has to work a lot harder than me. Since I am here with Father I am mostly in charge of patrolling the inside of the Throat when I can, helping the crafters, but mostly just staying out of everyone's way. I wish I were older.

Life is hard when you're young.

I've never been here before. It took me a long time, mostly because I can't really fly for long distances yet (not to mention steering is still sort of hard. I can't seem to do it without tilting my entire body, but when I do that, the likelihood of me crashing exponentially increases). But I heard about this place from Mother and wanted to see for myself. I know our builders have created amazing things, but nothing compared to this. When I see the glass for the first time, it's like a magic that I've never seen before. We don't have anything like that in the Throat, although I've heard that the crafter's in the Edge can do things like this. Maybe I'll have to go there one day and see for myself.

I walk up the stone stairs into the Rotunda, my head lifted and green gaze surveying the ceiling and watching as the light pours through.

"Beautiful." I whisper softly to myself, realizing that I am alone.

@[Fig]

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
“Oh!”

Fig gasped, soft emerald eyes agape. She had nary expected to find such a wonderland – especially while the grip of this harsh winter lingered. It had taken her the good part of a week to venture so far from her home, a journey that had been gruelling because naught but snow cloaked forest seemed to fill the space between; she was weary and the skin beneath thick mats of fur and a shroud of flowing roots trembled as she drew to a halt at last.

The young Lignea drew a long deep breath. To her delight, and although still frosty, the air held a sweet taste that she likened to the soft mosses which dappled the bleached old timber strewn across the floor of the ancient rainforests of Prim’sylva. It roused a smile to warm her drained expression and for a moment she felt as though her Arborun family might even linger nearby. It was not the case though, and the sudden ascending flutter of a large bird across the pond interrupted the fantasy.

Naked trees, twisting towards the clear cold sky grew contentedly near to the water’s edge – the soft, skinny arms of willows swayed in the gentle breeze and stiff, prickly firs held their posts rigidly, fearlessly (their presence reassured the wanderer enormously). Sunlight spilled through the kindling canopy relatively unhindered, and Fig stepped along a trail woven by the tread of many visitors – where the trees grew like a tall avenue above. They reached high enough that only the flimsiest, uppermost twigs of her Body Plant grazed or tangled as she passed below.

She found space enough to slip down to the water’s edge, but to her disappointment (and to the misfortune of her growling stomach and flagging energy) the heavy creature found a thick sheet of ice across its surface. Even the delicate test of her enormous hoof upon it seemed not to crack the shell. “Bother...” She sighed grimly, lifting again her humble green gaze. It fell then upon strange pallid stone across the way; a structure whose glass and wrought iron roof seemed to hold a myriad of colour. It was a curious sight, and as she stared with her face on a gentle slant, there was a flicker of shadowy movement beneath.

Fig was some distance away, and thought as she surveyed the stretch of still, frozen water between she and the rotunda, that it would be a rather difficult (and long) task finding a route around. Perhaps the stranger would even be gone already by the time her cumbersome frame arrived to meet them. She decided instead to wait where she was and called, softly at first, “Hello! Is somebody there?” ...instead.
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Rhoa Posts: 175
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
I am not my Father. I do not hear Fig approach, although perhaps I should have. I know she isn't very close yet but ... well, once I see her and realize how enormous she is, I think it will strike me as very absurd that I didn't hear her. Then again I wasn't really trying to hear anybody. I thought I was alone. Normally I have Ivezho with me and... well, when you have your twin by your side, you sort of feel ... invincible? I know that's silly, especially given how young we are, but nevertheless it's true. I never worried about that sort of thing, and now that I have been on my own, wandering around, it hasn't actually occurred to me to pay attention. The last time I saw the bird-lady nothing bad happened. And when I saw the Goddess in the woods nothing bad happened then either. I am not my Father - nothing bad has happened to me to harden me against the world.

I haven't learned to listen yet.

As I hear her voice, my small body jumps. A cold feeling of surprise seems to fall from the brightly coloured ceiling onto me, chilling me to my bones. Unafraid (because what is there in the world that I should fear?) I trot forward, my hooves clacking against the stones. "Yes I'm here!" I respond, my words falling out of my lips just as she comes into view.

I ... I can't describe this. It's ... it's ...

lovely.

I don't know if she's a tree or a horse or maybe both, but she's somehow impossibly beautiful. She appears to defy physics as she moves, for how on earth could her frame possibly support the weight of a tree? I know I am small compared to her, but I have a hard enough time moving rocks, and I would even if I were larger. My green gaze falls upon the vines and roots that cling and merge into her skin, eyes narrowing as I true to puzzle out just what it could be that has made her like this. Was she born this way? Er .. grown? Is it a spell? A curse? I don't think it's as curse, for she's far too lovely for that.

Realizing that I am gawking, I promptly shut my gray lips which have apparently fallen open without my noticing. How rude! Mother would be horrified by my behavior. In order to try and make up for this, I stand tall (although I look painfully small compared to her), and flash my most charming and diplomatic smile. "Hello miss." I greet warmly, curling my neck inwards politely. As my head raises and I continue to try not to stare, I forget what it is I'm supposed to say next. "I...I uhm.." I mumble, eyes blinking with a youthful curiosity that I can't seem to shake. "I'm Rhoa. What are you?" What?! No I hadn't meant to say what! I meant to say who! Alarm flashes across my youthful face as I notice my mistake. Shaking my muzzle I quickly try to correct my blunder: "Who! I meant who.."

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

The voice of a boy spilt across the ice in answer.

The small, shadowy figure of a winged, a Pegasus, emerged quickly from the marvellously unusual structure and even though the small space between their positions may have blurred the gesture a little, Fig smiled warmly and invitingly. The shrill click of the strangers stride on stone interrupted the tranquillity around them, stilling the soft, melodious hum of the remaining birdlife – a flock of young starlings eagerly singing for the change of season, and the loud, rising ‘grow’ of paired wood ducks displaced from their haven. The young watching Lignea noticed right away that the other was small (considerably so compared to others she had met). Should not the child have spoken ahead though, she might have not recognized a child of this land.

As the colt paused to look across at her, the kindliness written through her expression did not waver. Fig’s long messy, matted forelock swung across her white-blazed face as her heavy skull bounced gently in greeting – although, he did not speak again right away. His jaw seemed to slacken somewhat and thin dark lips fell apart, but the tree-girl’s heart knew nothing of vain insecurities and thus not for one second did she find his manner disconcerting. It seemed that assessing a stranger like this was quite the norm in Helovia – all others along the way had met her in much the same way - so respectfully she followed his lead and began slowly to investigate his rather small body.

His coat was as dark as a brewing storm though not as black as the shaggy, thick rug upon Fig where it peeked out between pale olive roots. Curious markings descended each gangly leg from the knee down and her tender green gaze lingered on them for a moment as she found herself pondering once more whether they (and those ringlets curling up the legs of Morrigan on the beach), were Helovian tattoos similar to those worn by the Lignea. Not all were marked though, and it was puzzling. That was about as far as her roaming eyes travelled; the colt spoke, smiling most charismatically – she thought – fumbling awkwardly, before revealing himself as Rhoa. Quietly she smiled on as his tongue betrayed his thoughts, yet she seemed none the wiser and soft laugher bubbled from her thick lips.

“I am called Fig,” she answered in turn unpretentiously, accepting quickly the peculiar behaviour as another normal of this abnormal world. “Nice to meet you Rhoa. Is this your home? It is the most beautiful part of Helovia I have thus far found.” As she revealed her preference, Fig found her eyes slipping from his rich teal gaze past his shoulder, to the kaleidoscope of colour behind. It would have been marvellous if her Soul plant had found root in these parts...

[Sorry if this seems disjointed >.> much kids today......]
(no need to ask)

Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
She doesn't seem upset by my atrocious behavior, and I am glad for it. She must have known that I didn't mean anything by it. At least .. I hope she does, for I really truly didn't. I just ... I mean, I've never even seen anything like her before! She says her name and I find myself grinning. A fig is a kind of tree ... which makes sense because she's a kind of tree too! I wonder how that even happens. I mean, it can't be the case that one of her parents were trees ... can it? Can it?!

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Fig." I reply, trying to sound as polite and diplomatic as possible, definitely not thinking about how a tree and a horse could...you know. Make her.

Her second question causes my gaze to swivel and survey the canopy of trees covered with snow, as well as the brilliant stained-glass structure. "Oh no. I am from the Dragon's Throat. I've never been here before actually, nor have I seen anything like this. The Throat Forger's can create things out of metal, so we have nothing comparable to this at all. Although I've heard the World's Edge can manipulate glass. Perhaps this is their doing?" I ramble slightly, articulating the thoughts that I had earlier.

Fig clearly can't be from around here, or at least she doesn't know her geography very well. That's okay - I only know because Mother has made me learn about all the herds and the herd-lands. And wherever we are isn't a herd land at all. "Where do you come from Fig?" I ask with interest. I've never actually met anyone from the other herds before. Although given that she thought someone might live here, perhaps she's an outcast. Which would be okay too.

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Fig
Hot, foggy breath seeped through fluttering nostrils as she regarded the young lad both curiously and calmly. Outwardly he was certainly both polite and diplomatic - each of which Fig appreciated immensely. She felt as though there was some common ground between them, a mutual and natural elegance that was encouraging given how completely foreign the population of Helovia truly felt to her. The culture of this world was entirely different to the comfortable harmony existing through the whole of Prim’sylva – she was both an innocent and pure soul, who had been thrown into a bewildering mix of chaos and corruption, and she was well and truly out of her league. They were not all so wretched though, and the thoughtful Lignea had not the conscience to tar them all with the same brush. Those from World’s Edge who had welcomed her so warmly were dear to her heart, and like them, Rhoa’s refreshingly clean attitude was a relief.

He explained that the lush region around them was not in fact his home; that he hailed like Bucephalus and Morrigan from Dragon’s Throat, and this time she laughed inwardly as the same vision of gaping serpent mouths, teeth and flame descended before her shining green eyes. It interested her also to learn that the Throat held metal wielding crafters; a far cry from those of the Edge, whose delicate minds sculpted glass wonders as enormous as the wall which had so unluckily been shattered during her time away. “Oh?” she uttered softly, visibly intrigued as he went on to suggest that the beauty around them was the product of her home. Perhaps he was right, although the only glass she could find was that above the rotunda, stained with all the vivid hues of a rainbow.

“I have travelled from World’s Edge,” she chuckled pleasantly. It had been a long, difficult journey, and in all honestly she was not looking forward to the return. The snow lay in thick drifts along the ground to slow down an already sluggish gait, and above the naked stiff arms of slumbering trees twisted tightly through her passing canopy. The rainforests of Prim’sylva (and even parts of the Edge), grew far taller than the spindly, straggly old wood cluttering Helovia. Nevertheless, they were the closest to family she had now, and though they were frightfully shy and their eerie quiet was unnerving, she made every endeavour to pass them by respectfully and without harm. “It is northwest of here,” she clarified, irrespective of whether he was already aware of the place or not. “...resting above the ocean. I am sure the world ends there. Even when I concentrate my entire being on the horizon beyond, I can see naught but a haze of sea mist and beneath, churning waves that pray nobody would be able to negotiate.” The concept of flight was as unfamiliar to her as was that of murder; it would never have entered her mind that a winged like Rhoa might be capable.

“And what of your home, Rhoa? Maybe I could visit you there one day.” she asked, heavy forelock falling to the left of her thick white blaze as she leaned her great skull in the same direction.

[Tell her about the Academyyyyyyy!]

>
Image Credit
(no need to ask)

Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
As I listen to her describe the Edge, I can feel my eyes growing large with interest and intrigue. I am realizing each and everyday just how large the world is. Will I ever be able to visit all of it? Is it too large for that? I shall have to ask Mother, she'll know. As she speaks more of the Edge I realize how stupid it was of me to suggest that the Edge created the glass ceiling of the wondrous structure near us. If they had, obviously Fig would know about it. This isn't necessarily true of course, but I am young. I think adults know everything, and they especially know everything about their homes. Why else would I have to learn everything about the Throat?

"Surely there's something beyond the Fog." I begin, soundly entirely too confident given my lack of worldly knowledge. "The world doesn't end just because you can't see it. It can't. I mean .. that's like saying everything disappears when I close my eyes!" As I conclude, I realize that what I've said might have sounded rude, like I was making fun of her. My ears immediately flopped backwards apologetically as I winced. "I just mean.. My Father comes from a land very very far away so ... so I guess I think there has to be more." Shrugging, I turn my head away awkwardly, trying to distance myself from the conversation I just ruined.

However as she mentions my home, my gaze brightens visibly and a large grin spreads across my face as I regard her once again. "The Throat is wonderful. It's covered in reddish sands, but we have an Oasis in the center and large trees surrounding it. There's also a fire that never goes out - the Dragon's Fire - put there by the God of the Sun. He's our Lord, and we all respect and honor him." I realize I sound like i'm just reciting Mother's lectures now, but I don't care. I honestly believe it now. "The Throat is South East of here .. pretty far from the Edge I guess. We're actually sort of far from everything, but Father says that makes us harder to attack. Errr.. My Father is the Sultan and my Mother is the Sultana - but she also is working on the academy with Tandavi -" Again I pause, realizing she doesn't know who Tandavi is. "Tavi is our Oracle. The Academy was her idea. Now we have people from all over helping with it. Ophelia .. and Mirage .. " I wish there were more names to list but I can't seem to remember them right now. "Anyways, the Academy is a place that you can come learn about ... well, about all sorts of things. Fighting, and healing... history and magic ..It's pretty cool."

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine