the Rift

[PRIVATE] MY ACHING SOUL [Thor]

Sigunn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SIGUNN
will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

Flight meant escape. Escape from the sea of unfamiliar faces that seemed to only bring on a tidal wave of memories, from sorrow and from responsibility. Two-toned sails lifted her high into the sky, above the clouds. The sun shone warmly upon the secret world above thick cumulus. A current supported the weight of her extended wings, and for a long time Sigunn allowed herself to simply exist, gliding far above the tremendous life below. Only thirst directed her to the ground and whatever awaited there.

Coincidence ordained that she land near a river. The territory did not strike her as a claimed one, for it was mostly meadows. The purple flowers, though they were nothing she had seen on Terr, reminded her of the flowers Loricatus had insisted on weaving into her mane. She glanced at them for only a moment before turning to take a long drink from the crystalline waters before her. Despite her efforts to refuse them the memories flooded in. Terr had been a land much like the terrain she had found here. The flowers were different and the weather had been warmer, but still the imagined sight of his figure entered her mind's eye. Loricatus stood on the opposite side of the river, beckoning her onward so they could race through the rolling hills. Sigunn pulled her head away from the water's surface, closed her eyes, and took a breath. Still the memories plagued her. She tried to count the seconds until his image faded. One. An afternoon by the basin's shores, and everyone rushed around to decorate the two nearly-weds for the fast-approaching wedding; jewels, pearls, flower petals wove themselves into her mane and tail. Two. She was side by side with him as they practiced their vows. Three. Birthday celebrations because three was somehow an important number. On four she opened watery eyes. All gone, all of it. How had she laughed so easily? How had she let it all slip away?

The regal femme tilted her skull towards the heavens, a lock of blonde hair shifting away from her face as she did. Did he search for her? The sapphire sea overhead offered no answers. Tears dried and disappeared before even reaching the confines of her long eyelashes. She was born to a line of warriors, however distant such heritage now felt. Her stance turned to something more confident than before, and she cast her fish is optics down onto the water to examine her reflection. It had been the first lesson her mother had ever taught her. Fake confidence until it becomes real. Sigunn could only hope that the trick would work.

""

@[Thor] ahh sorry for the lame first post.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

Skin stretched and shifted over my shoulder blades like a barbed coat of thorns. Each step caused my muscles to jar as they sought relief from the dull ache that had developed along my spine in the absence of native bone. As a youth, I had shamed myself many times for having been born with deformities beyond my control. I had condemned myself to a life of guilt and belittlement in the name of easing into differences that the world had thought awful and unnatural. Age had brought knowledge and respite that had been denied to me as a child, but at times it was still unsettling to shine beneath a light colored only by alien curiosity. Some proffered pity, others surprise, and still more, within those black globes that saw but could not see, I’d witnessed fear. “Glad it wasn’t me…” and“Poor thing. ” they’d whisper.

Well, now they’d have nothing to ogle anymore. The piece of me that allowed me both humility and humiliation had been taken. But life was still unchanged for me.

I would never touch the skies or drift through the dreamy clouds as I’d once imagined. Instead, I would bear the mark of my past upon my flesh like a monument for my own tumultuous memories. But with the passing of my childhood went my time with Tamira. With the passing of my childhood went my guilt for Essetia. With the passing of my childhood… went all of my regrets. I was freed.

I’d spirited away from the Edge early in the day, though I had no particular destination in mind upon which I planned on heading. Instead, I meandered through various regions of Helovia, only pausing from time to time to drink or rest my weary body. Just a few days before I had lost my fragile set of wings to an unknown illness and though I would miss the parts of myself that died along with them, I could only embrace the present and my new future. What said future would bring, I was uncertain… but I wished for something good, for something better than I’d had.

Upon reaching the meadow I paused to admire the purpled carpet still retaining its spring color despite the cold brutality of winter. I hadn’t imagined that any place in Helovia would be left untouched by the ice and snow, but since the land was nothing if not touched by the Gods, I did not marvel long. Instead, I sought the healthy stream that broke through the wide heart of the meadow and sped away into the distance. I’d never been sure where it led, but then again the mystery was enough to occupy my thoughts when the idea came up. Besides, with the growing pain smarting in my shoulders, I felt it as good a time as any to relax and rest before heading back to the World’s Edge.

However, as most of my recent travels had revealed, I was not alone in my sentiments. At a slight bend in the river a winged mare stood over the bank’s lip, peering into the waters as if they might reach up and allow her conversation. Without my usual enthusiasm, I approached both the mare and the stream with my head bent low. Before finding my own voice, I lipped at the waters to wet my parched throat, then added curtly, “Hello.

She was most certainly an iridescent creature made from the earth and his finest brushes, but I was no longer intrigued by beauty in a world so indifferent. There were many-a-pretty face in Helovia and this mare was certainly not the first to strike my fancy… however, as attraction went she was not unlike many I’d seen before. That’s not to say that she’d find any one thing in me that drew her attention to the stallion I’d grown into either. We were all pawns in the merciless war of life anyhow. “I’m Thor.” I supplied whilst gazing into eyes of vibrant fuchsia. This would be the first of the last few times I’d have to witness the horror in one’s eyes upon revealing to them the sensitive skin of my shame… then the nightmare would finally end.

Thor the Gentle Heart

@[Sigunn] Well, then there's this... so. x.x

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring