Niskaru Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Niskaru
tags » none
words » 306
notes » none
I heard evil things come disguised ...
A light frosting of snow scattered the earth, making this new land seem new and pure. Niskaru stood in a forest of trees, the only entrance into these lands called Helovia. It was hard to tell the time of day in here, the lighting was dingy at best and the sky above thick with grey snow clouds. Even under the protection of the tall evergreen pines, she could feel the cold biting at her pelt. Subconsciously her muscles shivered, helping to keep her warm. She liked to think she may blend into the background here, her coat was dappled and grey, almost white in places similar to the snow and shadows beneath the trees. Although she knew her points were too dark for this scene, they would stand out being near black. Niskaru picked her way carefully through the snow, the icy forest floor could be dangerous under foot if she wasn't cautious. And you never knew who could be watching..

She portrayed a calm look as she ventured but under her facade an excited pulse ran through her veins, the adrenaline surge of her daring act. It was almost as if the very cells within her were dancing in excitement. Never before had she traveled so far from home. Observant mauve pools surveyed each thickets she passed through, searching and hoping for some sign of life. It was in these lands that she would seek to find a new home, explore and find out if the tales of this place were true. She had heard of so many, but the most interesting in her idea of the promise of magic and companions, creatures unlike that of her homeland - the stories say that they travel with you and can even understand you! Her mind reeled with the possibilities this place could hold, new discoveries and adventures.
... Beautiful things, don't always stay that way

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

It had been early morning when Ghost set off from the Falls to venture out into the wilds. The recent unrest and sudden appearance of various bodies meant the Cadaverous found it difficult to remain still for long. Her hooves itched to be moving in hopes of discovering something new or another clue that might lead her to the culprit. Before her time as Czarina, she might have cared less about the consequences and more about the chase, however, her recent rise to power also meant she had duties. Duties she couldn’t shirk off. It would do no good if the murderer decided to look to her land as a new hunting ground; they were precious few anyway without at villain with a taste for blood picking them off one by one. So through bitter wind and cold snowfall, Ghost repeating the wandering cycle between wilds and herd, hoping to drop on something that might just change the game.

The day dragged on wearily and finally Ghost found herself roaming the forests of the Threshold. If she couldn’t find the fugitive behind the deaths then she might as well look to see if there were any foreign visitors lurking in the claiming woods whilst on her way back to the Hidden Falls.

Snow had fallen earlier leaving the undergrowth with patches of white where the wintry element had fallen through a gap in the naked trees. With each cloven hoof that hit the floor there was a crunch noise that came with it, the forest floor littered with dead leaves now frozen where they had fallen. The Frostfall landscape was pretty, if it wasn’t for the cold, Ghost might prefer the frigid season. Alas, despite her love for all things dark and wicked, the Cadaverous enjoyed the warmer months more.

Finally, her shrouded gaze caught the movement of another and Ghost quickly altered her path so that she walked in front of the grey darling whom smelt of the world outside Helovia. This one blended into the landscape well, if she hadn’t of been moving Ghost might not have even spotted her! The banshee ruffled her wings to shift the bits of frost that had stuck there before she turned her full attention to the dual horned girl. ”Welcome to Helovia” her soft voice greeted.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

A breeze rustled her thick fur, the alabaster coat having formed in response to her new, cold homeland. There was beauty in the renewal of the world, and even more beauty in the lands that never changed. The forest was similar to when she had first made her way through the threshold, years ago. She and her twin sister had fled the destruction of their birthplace to find solace, family, tribulation, pain and joy in Helovia. Here was... real. This place was honest in all it's emotions, not sugar-coated, definitely not peaceful.

Ophelia's cloven hooves stepped easily on the snow, used to the terrain as she walked among the trees which were as familiar as yesterday. The wan sun, so soft in the distance, seemed to hum its hello as it bounced off if the snow, making it sparkle as the treeline thinned. Her strange eyes caught sight of a beautiful stranger in the distance, one who seemed full of life and excitement by the lines of her graceful body.

"Hello," she offered softly, approaching slowly so as not to startle. The forest was silent in a way that was almost deafening when no one spoke. "My name is Ophelia, and I am the Lady of the Aurora Basin, a herd to the north. You have found yourself in the land of Helovia, maintained by the four gods and ruled by the four herds." The pale princess looked up, indicating the silver dragon who sat upon a tree branch. The dragon lifted up one taloned paw and squeezed his fingers in a pleasant greeting.

"This is my friend, Tinek. He says hello." Ophelia smiled, warmth infusing the expression like a warm cup of tea. "You are more than welcome to come home with me, or, you may ask me questions. I have lived here for a long time and can give you information that you need to be comfortable among us."

A dark pegasus she recognized was also here, but grown considerably. Ophelia had seen her once, years ago in the Dragon's Throat. "Ghost?" she asked. The coloring was much the same.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

Another freezing cold day, another trip to the Threshold. Why oh why I keep doing this to myself I do not understand. However if it results in another coming home to the glorious lands of the God of the Sun then, well, it would be worth freezing my tail off for him.

As I come upon a gathering, I sigh in slight frustration. Again I am almost the last to arrive. Ghost was here from the Falls, at least I think that is her name... Then there is the Lady of the Basin and her bonded. With a deep breath I move forward catching the pale one's end of the conversation. So I was right, the one who had wings and a horn was indeed Ghost. I gave a nod to each one out of respect before speaking myself. "We meet again, Lady of the Basin." My attention then turns to the one who blended so well into the lands that if it were not for looking closely or the other two gathered I may not of seen her. "It seems my dear that you have attracted quiet a crowd." I smile warmly before going on. "I am Amani, Disciple of Dragon's Throat." I pause before going on. "I too can offer you a safe place in warmth among those who call the Dragon's Throat home."

I stop there, looking to the other two mares, waiting for the newcomer to speak. Surely the three of us would be overwhelming her.... Ah well... This is always how it seemed in the Threshold.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Niskaru Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Niskaru
tags » none
words » 385
notes » meh
I heard evil comes disguised ...
In what seemed like no time at all, Niskaru could feel her skin pricking with the sense of being watched. The tell tale crunch of snow underfoot sounded nearby. The young mare turned her pretty pale head, scanning the scene. From between the scant trees an ebony fae emerged before her. She sported an equally black horn on her delicate forehead and had beautiful wings tipped with ruby. The sight of a pegasus with a horn was new, in her homeland there was only ever one or the other. Her whole body tensed, nervous and unsure of the new being. Was she friend or foe? 'Welcome to Helovia.' It was true! She had made it, finally! Her heart skipped with joy, but she did not let up her guard. Before she could answer though, three more beings emerged from the shadows of the trees. Niskaru silently watched as the pale mare and her dragon introduced themselves. It was all she could do to not drop her maw in amazement, a dragon! They were something of legend, from what she knew of the world dragons had not been seen in centuries. The last arrival was an amber and alabaster toned pegasus.

Niskaru was overwhelmed, she hadn't expected to find anyone so close to the border of Helovia. Let alone three equines and a dragon! Her mind reeled and she took a few steps back, taking all this new information in. Niskaru didn't know of Aurora Basin or Dragon's Throat, but from what the porcelain mare had said, they must be herds or lands. Her vocals were soft as she replied, dipping her head in acknowledgment of their words.

'Hello, it's nice to meet you all. I am Niskaru. Please, tell me more about the lands you come from.'

While she waited, she thought back to her land. Her home. It had been her choice to leave, but she couldn't help missing her family. Wondering what they were up to and if they thought of her. Niskaru had always been a bit of an outsider in her herd, the dreamer of the group. Seemingly aloof, but she didn't mean to come across that way, she was just always off in her own little world. One of her dreams was to make something of herself, to be someone.

... Beautiful things, don't always stay that way

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

A small sly smile played around the lips of the shadow as two others who too seemed eager to snap up the new blood joined her. There were deaths popping up everywhere, perhaps the others were eager to replace those they lost so unfortunately to a mysterious murderer. Bolstering numbers was indeed why Ghost was present, but at the same time, she raised a brow to the two who offered their homes so easily. What if this one was the murderer? The Cadaverous was far too reserved to be so forward at the start and she said nothing as a familiar horned mare made her introductions. Ophelia was it? Ghost seemed to recall meeting her sometime in the past though she never knew that this one was the Leader of the Aurora Basin and a wary eye passed over the greeting silver dragon.

As if noticing her for the first time, the ashen red tipped Lady turned on the banshee and uttered her name like a question. Ghost proffered her head in greeting, quietly honoured and surprised that someone had actually remembered her ”nice to meet you again, Lady Ophelia”. The last they had met she had only been a foal lost to the entire world. Now they greeted each other once again, as Leaders of their lands.

The other present was a young girl whom Ghost struggled to remember if she had met or not. Her introductions were warm as she greeted the stranger into the land and announced herself as Amani, a disciple of the Dragons Throat. She wondered if that oaf of a stallion, Gaucho, was still hovering around the sandy border. His primitive speech and bold statements had almost made her laugh that one time, though he was at least refreshingly… Different. He was there along with his blue coloured friend who seemed considerably more on the ball than that of her counterpart. The pair had looked like an old married couple. Perhaps they were. Or maybe she was drawing conclusions too fast.

Returning to the situation, Ghost listened to the new blood that called herself Niskaru who then went on to request that they tell her more about the land. The Cadaverous took it upon herself to speak next ”I’m Ghost, Czarina of the Hidden Falls” she began first in her normal silvery voice. ”My land lies just north of here, a short journey, situated in the remains of an old mountain range where you’ll see waterfalls and greenery” did that answer her question? Ghost wasn’t one to speak about anothers herd when she was not apart of it herself, so she left the rest to the others. ”I'm afraid if you’d like to know more then you’d have to come with me yourself.” She chimed in at the end as her own offer to the monochrome Niskaru.

@[Ophelia]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was glad to see that the little, introverted one had grown so confidently. She was a queen, a leader, far from her humble roots of a lost babe. To Phi, this was not a competition, but an offering of opportunities for the newcomers to Helovia. Why should she not be civil - and even impressed with those in other herds? She had never been one to step on others for her own success or gain. Her worth was proven in undeniable action and presence.

Thus, her expression was genuine, smile flawless, even though the glint in her eyes did not give away all of her secrets. The Lady of the Aurora Basin was keenly intelligent, bright, and she knew that knowledge was the ultimate power. Ghost gave her description of the land Ophelia had once ruled, before the mountains fell and waterfalls had taken over the beautiful, tranquil foothills. The rolling, green horizon, rivers and streams had been transformed into a maze of water, new, and unexplored.

Thus she waited her turn, picking up the slack in dialogue once Ghost's final words were spoke, the invitation made clear. "The land I represent is north," she hummed, the frost almost palpable on her breath. "Nestled between high mountain ranges is a narrow pass, leading to a valley. The land is protected from the elements by the perimeter, making the inside warmer, full of food and caves in which to reside. A lake which never freezes is at the center, and hot springs are on another side - a perfect place to bathe."

Ophelia rolled her shoulders, lifting her neck proudly. "The Aurora Basin is blessed by the God of Time, and we are a quiet, self-reliant people. If you desire to see the mountains for yourself, to know the way, I will show you. Finding it on your own is treacherous, hard to find when all that surrounds you is white."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!