the Rift

[OPEN] catch a falling star

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Thump, thump, thump. In silence I listened to my own heart beating with my eyes closed. It was a strong and steady beat similar to that of the Edge. This place was strong and steady enough for me. I could already tell that with the bit of time I had spent with Thor.

...The guilt is quite overpowering at times young one. But this herd, our family… they have helped to remind me of who I once was. His voice echoed within my head and my heart ached a little for him. He had said that he felt so much grief that he felt like he had to abandon his daughter. But he had also said the the Edge was reminding him of who he once was. I on the other hand had spent my entire life thus far not knowing exactly who I was. Perhaps this family that Thor kept talking about would help me to find out who I was exactly? I could only hope.

My dark eyes opened as I lifted my head to face the sky. It glittered and glistened with the light of the stars, my dearest friends who had never truly left me.

“Hello again,” I whispered to them softly. Eyes darted to and fro as I took in all of them that littered the night sky. There were so many out tonight it seemed. Perhaps they were happy for me and throwing some sort of party? I wouldn't know because they never spoke back. Nope. They all preferred to stay silent and let me talk on and on. But tonight I had to say something to them before I forgot, “Thank-you,” I started off, “Thank you for leading me here where I can start new and make friends. And be a part of a family.”

A single tear of pure happiness rolled down my cheek as I looked up to the stars. They had lead me here when I needed to find a place to settle down and make friends and such. And now I was here. My life was going to change. I could feel it. And I was ready to accept whatever those changes might be.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 367
TAGGED;; open to anybody
OOC;; really sucks, but it'll get better i promise.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

"Greetings, pale Sister!"

The beckoning was honest and quaint, welcoming and warm, as though from one long-lost relative to another. Apollo was thriving in this land, this land of mists and dancing shadows, the land that reminded him so much of the Forest that it took little time for him to settle into its ranks. A simple civilian he was, nothing like his previous mantle as Chief of the Foothills or Earth Medic, but that was alright. Maybe someday in the future, he would seek out those of higher ranking status to pursue his lifelong passion in medicine.

Set at a lazy, casual jog, Apollo the Merciful slowed to a stop a few paces from where the pale mistress stood, a grin of boyish ease spreading upon his handsome, striped face. He had been out and about on this fine evening, enjoying the twinkling stars and feeling alive again in ways that he hadn't in a long, long time, when he had spotted the dipped female a distance off. Few were strangers to the overo, for even if he did not know someone, they were all Brothers and Sisters in his mind.

Upon his back, Zola remained precariously perched in her normal spot, sniffing about and using the eyes of her mind to 'see' the two-toned female before them. Through the eyes of the Merciful she was able to see, to make out the blurry form of the pale, alabaster maiden drenched in speckled, ebony paint, and the twisted jewel-like horn protruding from her cranium.

"Forgive my intrusion, I can go if you'd rather be alone... But I thought you may enjoy some company on your late-night stroll? I'm Apollo." Here, the stag's muzzle tipped back to the black, blind feline upon his spine. "And that's Zola. May I inquire to your name, good Sister?"

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
What was i doing? Standing in the shadows as another gazed at the sky? But... i couldn't help it. I had seen her before, and she was still beautiful. Seems my sight and mind hadn't failed me...yet. I turn to step away, but the arrival of another catches my attention, and i shrink away. Who was this? Ears pinned flat when he spoke. Stallion. Male. With....a cat? Surprise tears a snort from me, and my head jerks back. They would have heard that... so i drop my head, slowly walking out of the shadow. "Apologies."

Im so fluent. Mother would be proud. My gaze flickers to the horns that grace both their brows, and the tension that always haunted by body and kept every muscle coiled tight to the point of trembling, melted away. A little. Enough that i wouldn't run. Yet. My gaze flickers over the pale mare, then her black-dripped back. It was a beautiful thing to see, the way the edge of her coat seemed to blend to the night sky behind her, as if she was the child of the stars and moon. Aware i was staring, i quickly shift focus to the stallion, the tension returning, and i move away slightly. Apollo... My gaze locks on his horn. It was similar, so similar, to my own, save where his was darker, mine was black. And he lacked the spiral.

Idly i scent the air, muzzle inching towards the stallion somewhat. Was he kin i didn't know? I couldn't tell, so i let the question take it's place among the others at the back of my mind; why did the Pale One cry? How long had they been here? Why did she choose the sneak as well? What did they think of Thor? What did they think of me? I answered the question shortly. Coward. Stalker. Pathetic. I duck my head, gaze flicking to the ground. "I...did not mean to barge in. I'll leave you be." I sneak one last glance at the Pale One, the Luna sarutat, before i turn away.

Luna sarutat: Moon kissed

Cetan
Word Count: 349 Tags: @[Astraea] @[Apollo]
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Please tag Cetan in all posts
Permission is given for any force against Cetan provided it does not kill him

Unregistered

Greetings, pale sister! My ears twirled around upon hearing another voice enter the atmosphere. However, I did not recognize this voice. Then why did they call me sister? Obviously I didn't know them, so they shouldn't have known me. “Family,” I quickly thought to myself. Thor and Evangeline had both mentioned that the Edge was a family of sorts when I met them in the Threshold. With remembering that, sister made a lot more sense.

I turned calmly to face my greeter – a smile glowing upon my lips. I was more than happy to converse and get to know my new family members, “Greetings to you as well!”

Dark eyes took in the stallion that stood before me. Black and white body, black hair, and a blue horn. Another unicorn! An even bigger smile grew on my face. It was always nice to meet others like myself. Then he broke in again with more words. Apollo was his name and he pointed upon his back at a black furry creature and said that her name was Zola. Both were rather simple but elegant names. “Zola is a beautiful name, fitting for her and her obsidian colored coat,” a kind smile was presented as I looked towards Zola. I wasn't blind. I had noticed that she didn't have any eyes, but that was what made her all the more special, yes? I was about to reply back to Apollo in regards to his questions when a snort in the distance and I looked towards its source.

Another stallion walked slowly into the clearing. I had actually seen him before at the sneak meeting, but I didn't catch his name. Though he seemed a little nervous maybe? Was it me? Was it Apollo? Was it Zola? Only he would really know and it would be his choice to share that information.

His gaze lingered upon me and I began to think that perhaps I was the one that made him uneasy. But his gaze didn't feel of that nature. I stopped to look over myself. Was there something wrong with my face because my coat seemed to be cleanly? Returning his gaze with a questioning look, I wondered what he found so intriguing about me, but before I could ask him he quickly shifted his focus to Apollo.

Before I knew it the second stallion was almost recoiling from some sort invisible attack and then spoke a form of apology and says that he would leave. Instantly, part of me wanted to yell to him not to leave and to stay. And it seemed as though deep down he wanted to too as he looked at me once more.

“No,” I begin with a voice soft and smooth as honey, “Neither of you need to leave. Please stay. I'd love the company and to get to know you all.” I looked from Apollo and Zola to the other stallion hoping that they would stay. It was completely true that I really wanted to get to know them. I wanted to get to know everybody that lived within the Edge. And I was pretty sure that they also wanted to get to know me as well.

“My name is Astraea. I'm rather new to the Edge and Helovia. I'm also a Sleuth in case you were curious. Though I think you already knew that,” the last bit was directed towards the other stallion, “We have met before, but I don't think I had caught your name?”

WORD COUNT;; 586
TAGGED;; @[Apollo], @[Cetan]
OOC;; bloop...bloppity bloop.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Instead of looking as though he had encroached upon something that was meant only for her, the two-toned female seemed genuinely happy that he had invaded the silence of her moonlight and star-kissed stroll, and Apollo felt any nervousness that he had possibly annoyed her trickle away like water in the wind. Wonderful! A broad, boyish smile pulled at his lips as she spoke, her vocals soft and soothing and whole-heartedly beautiful, but in a far different way than the deep, sensual tones of Ktulu. While his heart was stolen by the Constrictor, Apollo could appreciate true beauty when he saw it, and in this ebony-dipped mare, he could definitely see it.

Nestled upon his back, Zola could hear the tones of Astraea's melodious voice but could not place together what it was she was saying, but her words caused Apollo's smile to soften in gentle sincerity. "Thank you, Sister," he said warmly, appreciatively, honestly humbled that Astraea would regard his feline companion with such kindness.

She says that you're a fitting creature to your title, my ball of earth. He conveyed through their mental bond, to which caused Zola to purr with pleasure. A preen, proud creature she was becoming, but fearful of her environment all the same. One day, perhaps, Zola would be capable of walking side-by-side with her bondmate, but for now, her safe place was upon his back, tangled in the long strands of his mane.

Before their conversation could continue, another joined them. Another Unicorn, like both he and Astraea, a horn twisted and curled like his own. A reassuring smile remained upon the Merciful's maw, honey-brown eyes searching this stranger and taking note of every physical attribute he could pick out. This male spoke as though he wasn't completely sure what to say, but not everyone was eloquent. Not everyone was good at speaking to strangers... Apollo himself had suffered from such insecurities and embarrassment in his younger years in Helovia, back before he had become a Chief and the Leader of the Foothills, when addressing others had become a necessity and no longer something that he could avoid.

"Peace, good Brother," he said to the dappled stallion, hoping to soothe his spirit, "Join us! 'Tis a beautiful night, and as our Sister has said... It would be lovely to get to know one another, as family we are." The Merciful over grew quiet then, listening as Astraea introduced herself as well as her rank as Sleuth, and Apollo's head dipped towards her in a respectful nod. Every rank held a special place within the herd, each and every soul doing something different to keep their family safe, to keep the balance and neutrality, and Apollo's respect towards the dipped mare intensified.

"And I am Apollo the Merciful, young Brother. You are welcome here, among family. Please stay and introduce yourself." On his back, Zola's head tipped curiously towards the other stallion, whiskers twitching forward and nostrils flaring as she attempted to take in and associate the scent of everyone that they met.

@[Astraea] @[Cetan]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Unregistered
Astraea. The name was beautiful, of course. I hesitated, then turned back around to face the pair, my ears flicked back. Why did she want me to stay? Better question, why did she wish to know about me? Blue eyes switched to the other stallion and his feline. I listen as he speaks, calling me brother and family. I don't bother hiding my confusion and caution. "We are blood?" He looked much older than i... mayhap my mother had another, elder child? My muzzle streches out towards him once more, hoping that maybe i had caught his scent wrong, that somehow we were related and i was not alone in this land. But, the scent held no trace of either my sire or dam. We were not related.

I pull my head away, eyeing the stallion, Apollo he had introduced himself as by now, regarding him with more caution than before. Both had asked for me to introduce myself, and i blink before glancing down. "Iartă-mă, forgive me. My name is Cetan, i am also...new." I hesitated, judging their expressions before continuing carefully, slowly. "Thor brought me. I too am Sleuth." I nod towards Astraea, before dropping my gaze again. But once more i couldn't resist peering at the pair, gaze lingering on The Merciful this time around.

Like Thor, he too said we were family-yet-not-family. It was puzzling; how could one be family when one did not share the same lineage? I yearned to ask; i always had many questions, but always i bit my tongue and remained silent, not willing to speak unless i was spoken too. That was a lesson i had ingrained into every scar along my dappled hide. To be bold was dangerous, so i bid my time and waited for the pair to speak again. Mayhap they would inadvertently answer some of my questions in idle chatter without myself having to voice them.

While i waited, my thoughts rolled through my mind, and i pondered each one. Family... "I have no family...Apollo. Please, do not call me such." The words slipped unbidden from my lips, and a startled twitch jerked through my legs. Quickly i dipped my head to him, ears flattened so deep into my pale mane i thought they'd merge with my flesh. "Forgive me, i didn't mean to speak." I move subtly away from him, until my side hit a tree and there i remained, legs stiff and ready to carry me far from here.

Cetan
Word Count: 416 Tags: @[Astraea] @[Apollo]
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Unregistered

A smile seemed to erupt upon Apollo's face when I sent him greetings in return. Certainly he was happy that he hadn't angered me or something, which honestly wouldn't happen easily. The stars may be my dearest friends, but they weren't family. No. My gray eyes looked at the two stallions and the feline that were before me. They were my family. Thor, Evangeline, Apollo, Zola, and even the seemingly curious but cautious stallion. We were all family, one way or another.

Thoughts briefly turned to my past. Thoughts about how my mother abandoned me, how a stranger took me in, how I left as soon as I could. Then I remembered the things I saw in some of the other lands I visited before coming here. Almost everyone seemed happier with a family, whether they were connected by blood or not. All this time. All my life, I had been a little...dare I say it, envious of them. But now here I was, with my own family that I would spend the rest of my life getting to know and enjoy.

My attention was brought back to the present when Apollo thanked me for my compliments. His smile softened then and in return I softly smiled back, “There's no need for a thank-you. Not when one is stating the truth.”

Quietly I listened to Apollo greet and welcome the other stallion. However, he seems slightly confused at Apollo's mentioning of family. Especially when he asks if they are blood. I watch as he scents the air again as if to reconfirm what he had already knew. Apollo and him weren't related by blood. Perhaps he didn't understand that there were more than just blood family ties around here? I knew one land that I visited that highly regarded their relations by blood, and I knew another that disregarded them completely. Maybe I could help in some regard? “Wait, just wait,” I thought to myself. There was no need to rush things already.

Cetan was the stallion's name and I kept a mental note of the phrase or word that he said before speaking in a language that I recognized. Iartă-mă. I wondered what it meant or stood for for a few seconds but then decided to move on once Cetan brought up that he too was a sleuth. With a grin now glowing on my lips, I decided to break in, “Thor brought me here too. This place is wonderful isn't it?”

Okay now granted, I hadn't really done all that much exploring and sure there may be a murder loose in Helovia, but so far it was working out to be a great place. But maybe Cetan didn't see it that way? Maybe he was lost and trying to get somewhere before coming here? Perhaps it was just my optimism that made me see all the good Helovia and the Edge had to offer? Who knows.

Sympathy radiated in my body as Cetan spoke more in regards of family to Apollo. No family...I knew how that felt. When Evangeline and Thor had offered me a family and a place to live... it brought up feelings of joy that almost overwhelmed me. Did Cetan not feel the same or was he more worried about blood relations?

“Cetan, you needn't worry about speaking your mind,” I hesitated to cast a glance at Apollo, “At least, not around me. But you see, I too had no family. Then Thor and another offered me a home and a family here. I may not be related by blood, but we share the same living space, the Edge, and I would consider them friends. I think here in Helovia they hold their blood relations and their living mates as family.”

I paused as I worked out what I was going to do in my head and a smile slowly formed upon me as I knew exactly what action I would take, “Perhaps though, I can help if it's blood relations that you hold in high regard. Before I came to Helovia, I traveled from place to place. There was one place in particular that held their blood relationships in the highest regard. So much so that they had a ritual they called Blood Tying,” I paused as I reached down on my front left leg and created a small wound on it. It wasn't a terrible wound, just enough to where I would bleed somewhat. Then I slowly walked over to Cetan and held his gaze with a look that said something along the lines of don't worry everything will be alright and then with my horn I scratched one of his legs just enough to where he too was also bleeding and then I pressed our wounds together, “It is believed that one's blood can enter into another's body and join it, thus making them blood related and tied by blood.”

With a calming soft smile at the ready, I looked up at Cetan and spoke in soft words, “My blood now flows through your veins Cetan, and your's in mine. We are now tied by blood and therefore family.”

After a few seconds longer, I backed away from Cetan and allowed him to take in what just happened before carrying on, “Although, they also had this superstition about not being able to do blood tying with multiple individuals at once. Something about how it takes a full day or so for another's blood to fully incorporate itself within your body. I wouldn't know for sure if that is true because I've never done it before.”

My eyes looked to Apollo and Zola hoping they didn't feel awkward or left out because of what I did. But Cetan...he just seemed like he needed more than just thinking that friends were family. Hopefully he would take nicely to the blood tying I did, but only time would tell.

WORD COUNT;; 985
TAGGED;; @[Apollo], @[Cetan]
OOC;; omg...and there's the post that flew out as I was busting myself to get it out. All actions against Cetan are done with Tribs' permission just so everybody knows.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!

Unregistered
Thor too had brought this star-moon-maiden here? That was an interesting tidbit... considering she was a Sleuth as well. Did our mentor recruit only those that he thought fitting for the rank? My mind flickered back to Thor's words when he brought me to the Edge. He had offered me a choice of the ranks... not a specific one. I had chosen Sleuth of my own will, so it had to be coincidence. Although, i had little faith in coincidences.

Cetan. My name falls from silvery lips, and i dart my gaze back up to the ethereal mare, and her words pull my features down into a puzzled frown. Free to speak my mind? Before i could dwell further on that, she's off on a tirade similar to Thor's, that the Edge was a family. My ears pinned back, and distrust creeps through me with sickening tendrils that wrap around my heart. Lies. Tricks. Someone so beautiful could not wish to be my kin. No one wished to be my kin.

I hardly hear her speak about 'Blood Tying', but what i do see is shocking. Astraea cuts her leg with her own horn. My head pulls back in alarm as she approaches, and all i can see is the pink-tinged tip of her horn. Then there is a sharp pain on my leg, and before i can spring away she has her leg to mine. What? What was going on? She speaks, and those icky tendrils just tighten more. Her blood? In my veins?

The heartbeat she pulls away my forelegs leave the ground, lashing out towards her, although by this time she is out of reach and my hooves graze only air. "Vrăjitoria!" The word tears from me, a trumpet of fear and horror. She had my blood and i had hers. Tied by blood.

Tied by blood. Tied by blood. Tied by blood.

Over and over and over the words screamed in my head. Blood was witch magic. Dangerous, lethal. And i had my guard, my paranoia, down enough to allow a witchling to steal my blood and bind me to her. My hooves slammed into the earth, and i twist, legs lashing out wildly before i gain traction and tear out of the grove as if all the bats of hell were chasing me. I had been fooled by the beauty of a star-painted maiden, and now her blood burned through my veins, pumped through my heart.

Out out out i wanted it out. My horn lashes at my leg as i run, all rationality gone, replaced with the sole need of getting away from the vrăjitoare. Never trust the beautiful. How could i forget such a simple rule?

The beautiful were flowers covering the bones of their victims.

Vrăjitoria: Witchcraft
vrăjitoare: Witch
Cetan
Word Count: 436 Tags: @[Astraea]
Credits