[OPEN] Doesn't matter if it's not our day

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

Deaths, more deaths. This wasn’t just one Pegasus anymore, the number was growing – he wondered if the Gods had known that when they gathered. Did they know it was going to get worse? Was that why they had gathered first the demigods and then everyone else? Everyone was teaming up, working together to try to find the killer. Or that was what he hoped was happening – he hoped that they weren’t all being pitted against each other and forced to look at everyone else with suspicion. He was trying not to, trying not to eye everyone up and not to take it too seriously when others were doing the same to him.

Mesec was torn between finding a distraction and continuing to search for clues. Only every time they discovered a clue, there was a dead body along with it. Certainly he wasn’t interested in discovering another body – he didn’t want anyone to find another body.

Winter was finally starting to loosen its hold on Helovia but the reluctance was evident. Birdsong would be here soon but as Mesec flew he was surrounded by a flurry of snowflakes. Not the big, fluffy ones but the small – almost pellet-like ones that couldn’t make up their mind whether they were ice or snow. Just enough uncertainty to make being out in this weather uncomfortable.

Besides, scanning the ground was going to get difficult if the flurry started to turn into a blizzard.

Angling down, Mesec lighted on the snow-covered ground with ease. Unfortunately, the oaks that dappled this area hardly provided a lot of shelter in the winter. Just when their leaves would be handy! But their leafless limbs were his only real option and they would stop at least some of tiny pellets from battering him.

Wading carefully through the knee-deep snow he found a place underneath the first oak he came to. In the grey, winter landscape he was just another shadow, keeping watch on the seemingly-empty meadow.

[for @[Bucephalus] and anyone else interested!]
mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus

The air was not as frigid as it had been the last time the black was in this meadow, but the snow was far higher. Long legs lifted and fell, breaking a path for the black as he trudged through the snow, his tail dragging on the white behind him. His legs were chilled, but flying was... well he didn't wish to fly. The winds above were a bit too fickle, even for him. His gaze flickered towards the sky, nostrils flaring as a breeze gusted through. Was Newgrowth near? Or...what was it Helovians called it? Birdsong? That didn't make much sense to him. There was always birdsong...although in spring, there was quite a bit more. Was that their logic behind it?

Deciding he didn't much care, Bucephalus continued to walk through the snow, gold eyes flicking around, ears pricked and alert. Considering all the murders, he shouldn't be out really. But damn if he wasn't sick of caves! His duties as a crafter kept him in the dark(literally. He should have his work done, but couldn't help goofing off.) about some of the things going on around Helovia. But even he couldn't help but hear of the murders. He didn't notice the shadow lurking under the tree as he passed, his thoughts more focused on finding what it was he was searching for.

And find it he did. The small creek that ran through the meadow. It always had interesting pebbles, and the black needed a new thought-stone. He dropped his head along the edge of the frozen water, using his lips to feel out pebbles, seeing if they were the right shape and roundness, no jagged points to cut his mouth or gums. It looked odd, but for Bucephalus it was perfectly normal to roll a pebble in between your teeth when you're trying to think.

Word Count: 310
Tags: @[Mesec]
Notes: OMFG im so sorry DX i hate that this took so long. ;-; sorrysorrysorry
"talk talk talk"

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3
Force and minor powerplay is allowed
Please tag me in all posts

or your fire

Mesec was all too happy to wait out the unpleasant weather in the semi-shelter of the leafless tree. It shouldn’t be too long before it lifted, before it’d be a little more comfortable to take flight once more, but in the middle of these ponderings he was distracted. The empty meadow was no longer empty anymore – someone was walking right past the tree. Not anyone he recognized and the first thing that he noticed was the dark coat. Images of black hair on a dead body danced in his memory before he realized what he was doing.

Was he going to start suspecting everyone he came across now?

It made him uncomfortable, how quickly his mind made note that this stranger had dark hair. Didn’t most of Helovia? Black coats were hardly a rarity (he had black hairs of his own, after all) and jumping to conclusions wasn’t exactly the best way to go about anything, never mind the investigation into a murder or two. Since when was his first thought when he saw someone he didn’t know ‘are you a murderer’ and not ‘hey I should go say hello.’

That wasn’t the type of detective or even the type of horse he wanted to be. As a way of making amends with himself and to dislodge that uneasy feeling, he shifted from his spot against the tree and followed the stranger to the banks of the stream. From this new vantage point, it looked as though the black-and-gold stranger had a mission along the banks of the frozen stream – had something been lost?

“Do you need help searching for something?” Mesec offered as he came up beside the stranger, lowering his head curiously and scanning the bed with silver eyes to see what there was to be seen. He didn’t notice anything in particular but then, it wouldn’t really be a search if it was blatantly obvious now would it?

@[Bucephalus]
mesec

original html by rottie

Bucephalus

No luck. All Bucephalus got was mud and sharp stones, not the round or smooth ones he was seeking. Plus, the cold was freezing on his whiskers and lips, and he pulled his head back to rub the mud off of his mouth and teeth on his leg before he once more went sifting for the perfect pebble.

The black's search was interrupted by a voice, and with a startled twitch, he jerked his head up to gaze at a stallion near him. How had someone snuck up on him with ease? Maybe because he got sidetracked... His gaze flickered over the dark coat of the newcomer, and he couldn't help the wariness that took hold of him. What chaos the murderer was sowing, pitting horse against horse and putting all those with dark hair under suspicion. "Not particularly... i was looking for a thought-stone." He reached in one of his chest pouches and dropped a round pebble.

"I need a new one. I've grown bored of this one's shape and texture." He nudged the pebble with his hoof, ears flicked forward, although one remained cocked in the direction of the silver-black one. "Helps me think. What about you, what brings you here?" He asked, turning his dished face towards him, gold eyes meeting silver, curiosity and interest in his gaze. This one before him looked young, caught in the stage between colt and stallion, as he had been not too long ago. Although... he was a stallion in mind far too early for one his age.

@[Mesec]

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

or your fire

Silver and black head actually tilted to the side when this new acquaintance explained what he was looking for. A stone to help him think? Mesec watched in fascination as this stallion reached into a pouch with his muzzle and withdrew a round pebble, dropping it onto the ground. He lowered his head just a little bit to get a better look, trying to judge what it was that made this pebble better or worse than all the other ones that you could find in a rocky creek bed.

“But how does it help?” Mesec wasn’t really sure how a stone could help with the thought process but then… well, he was willing to try anything if it would help give direction to the storm of thoughts in his brain. “Do you… chew it?” Maybe it wasn’t such a strange concept but it certainly felt strange to him in this moment.

As was only natural, the question is flipped and Mesec was asked what had brought him to this place. “I’m…” What was he doing here? Hunting for a murderer. Trying to figure out how he could stop the darkness and death from spreading across Helovia even though he had absolutely no clue and no skills to do so. Trying to remember what his life was before all of this happened and if it was filled with more cheer. “Looking for something to help me think.” He answered with a ghost of a smile twisting his lips.

Was that a joke Mesec? An actual, not-sarcastic joke? Who knew he remembered how to even do that.

“What sort of properties do you look for in a thought-stone?” Because, for the moment anyway, the youngster had made up his mind on what he was looking for: a distraction.

@[Bucephalus]
mesec

original html by rottie

Bucephalus

The black isn't particularly surprised that the black and silver doesn't understand how the stone helps him think, helps calm his thoughts and direct the constant energy in his body towards something productive. He paused, mulling it over for a moment before he spoke. "It helps to calm my thoughts, gives my body something rhythmic to do so that i can direct my energy towards my thoughts, towards whatever problem i am mulling over."

At the younger stud's suggestion of chewing it, Bucephalus laughed. "No. I roll it around between my teeth, maybe play with it between my lips." He gave a shrug, dropping his muzzle again to sift through the creek bed, picking up pebbles with his lips and getting a feel for them before he dropped them.

An ear remained cocked towards the younger man, and at his words another amused laugh escaped him. "Maybe you should try it then. You may be surprised at what it can do... or it may do nothing for you at all." That, depended entirely upon him. Another question came from the youth, and Buce tilted his head. "I don't look for anything. I search and get a feel for pebbles, and if it pleases my fancy i use it. The pebble can be rough and square, or smooth as silk. It can be sharp or blunt." He frowned then, trying to figure out how to explain it.

"They're all just pebbles... but there's always one that just feels right. Perfect... until i get bored of it." A grin split his dark lips, and he looked down at the creek. "I find that without a stone to soothe my thoughts in stressful situations... i get very antsy. Fidgety. I move too much and it sets others on edge. Helovians... such queer creatures, to stand so still." The last part was murmured mostly to himself. The man was always moving, some part of his body in motion... rarely was he still.

@[Mesec]

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

or your fire

Well, the idea of a thought-stone had sounded pretty strange and a little ridiculous to start off but the more it was explained, the more it actually made sense. A repetitive, simple motion that wasn’t too distracting but just something to focus on, something to do, while the thoughts were running rampant and needed a little direction.

Silver eyes watched with unabashed curiosity as the stranger reached down again and lipped at some of the pebbles in the creek bed again, testing them out. He had to wonder what it felt like, rolling around a little stone.

He also had to wonder what his mother would think of this situation.

But, for the moment anyway, his concerns over that part of his family were distant enough that he could just pretend they did not exist. And he followed the example that he was being given and started hesitantly lapping at the pebbles, an ear constantly turned towards the kind voice beside him. This one was too sharp, that one was too big (what if he got startled and accidentally choked?). Soon he felt rather determined to find one that felt “just right”. Surely, of all these pebbles, he’d be able to find just one!

But then, Mesec’s search for a pebble-that-wasn’t-just-a-pebble was disrupted when something that his companion said caught his attention. “Helovians... such queer creatures, to stand so still”

It was strange, hearing the inhabitants of this land referenced in the way that they were but, well, Mesec couldn’t deny the truth of it. Some that he knew were restless but none of them really fidgeted in this manner that he could think of. “You’re not from Helovia?” It shouldn’t be surprising, this place got a healthy flux of newcomers, but the odd little idea of a thought-stone paired with the gold accents on the stallion’s coat rather led Mesec to believe he was speaking with another native. The population here certainly was… colourful. “Where are you from?” He hoped this bout of curiousity wouldn’t be unwelcomed - having spent his entire life in this place he was finding that he rather liked to hear about the other lands that existed beyond his home.
mesec

original html by rottie

Bucephalus

He could feel the boy's eyes on him as he searched for a new stone, but he paid it little mind. He understood all too well how odd this must seem, but hopefully the younger man would see the practicality of it. Although, at a glance, Buce didn't think the other black needed it as much. Like most Helovians he'd met, he was so still it was frustrating. Buce wanted to goad him into movement, into action, just for the sake of his own pleasure.

But that wouldn't be wise.

However at his question of the black's origins, Bucephalus couldn't help a watery snort escaping him, and he raised his head to reply, gold eyes meeting silver. "No, from a land far north, many a day's flight." The black didn't think the memory of his terror-fueled flight from Sehrau would ever leave him. It had been the longest flight he had ever taken; there was no rest, hardly time to eat and drink, and he did nature's duty on the wing. If he were a less hardy man, he would have flown himself into death's embrace.

As it was, a day in the Threshold before meeting Elsa and Ampere had granted him the strength to continue, and to enter this land.

"What of you? Born or entered?" He was mildly curious about this, but in all honesty he doubted he'd meet this man again, so he didn't bother asking about a name. No, if they met again he would. For now, he was content with a conversation between ghosts.

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

or your fire

Politely ignoring the snort into the water, Mesec listened to the... well, brief explanation of where his nameless friend was from. That was okay, because an equally brief explanation was coming up in response to the returning question. “Born.” He didn’t really think this was the time or place to launch into a description of the circumstances of his birth.Maybe they were better at not talking to each other and just looking for stones? Maybe they just weren’t the ‘let’s stand here and talk for hours’ type of pair. Which shouldn’t be surprising, Mesec wasn’t one for long monologues.

It was comfortable enough company to be sure, with an interesting subject to focus on. Still, he’d elaborate at least a little bit. “Both my parents are from here and I’ve never even left.” Except if you count the time when he left the mortal area and lived in the land of darkness with his mother.

Again, not something you get into before introductions were even made.

‘Oh by the way, there’s a group of immortal gods that govern over this land and one of them is my mother!’

He hadn’t ever really gotten the hang of saying that to new friends. It was easier to just not mention it. Family was too complicated of a subject to really get into, so he turned his attention back to the task at hand and began rooting around in the pebbles once more.

Oh.

Wait was this it? It was a round pebble, it felt kind of… cool. He moved it around a little bit, testing it “-h I f-nd -ne!” His excitement and words were muffled by the movement of the rock in his mouth which rolled dangerously close to the back of his throat before he wedged it carefully between his cheek and teeth. He couldn’t help it, he was beaming proudly. A bit childish of him, sure, but it had been a long time since Mesec had accomplished something and he'd happily take the little victories.

@[Bucephalus]
mesec

original html by rottie