the Rift

[OPEN] Pull the Curtains

Solanine Posts: 15
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The strange little “meetin’ grounds” idea hadn’t quite worked out right for the little artist. In fact, that little devil had no real interest in dealin’ or triflin’ with the Basin prude… what with ‘er queer ideas on life and the like. Solanine preferred things painted more black ‘n white. It was one way or ‘nother with nothin’ in between. However, the place from which that ugly harlot hailed sure piqued the little mare’s interest. She’d even been dumb enough to lead Solanine straight to the Basin’s doorstep within the first few sentences spewed from her dirty mouth…

It hadn’t been hard to sneak off into the shadows some moments later when that fool had her back turned to a clever, taped face. Hadn’t been too hard at all.

With the sun hangin’ low at ‘er back, Solanine weaved ‘er way toward that Basin with a smile so delicious, one might develop a hankerin’ to take to trailin’ her. But she was a careful lass who knew how to cover ‘er tracks well enough if she wanted to… But some of them admirers were worth the trickery. Some of ‘em had little trinkets ‘o gold or silver that shined so bright the mare had some troubles takin’ ‘er eyes off ‘em. Sick little psychopath that she was…

The snow started fallin’ down around ‘er as she drew closer to the frosted land beyond the mountain pass. It was an endless slope ‘o cold and white, a place the devil herself would certainly like to call “home.” But it was quite empty, quite sullen ‘n bare. She wondered what kind ‘o folks took to livin’ in such a nasty little place, but it didn’t distract ‘er for long.

With that slender neck curved sharp ‘gainst ‘er chest, she crossed the borders with as much grace as the icy stage would allow. That white-tipped tail hung high like a trophy banner, flaggin’ the sun and his eyes ‘o deception to the narrow path that led her inside. A soft hum rose up from ‘er throat as she marched confidently away from the strange place behind into the strange place ahead. Nothin’ got to scarin’ ‘er anymore, what with the travelin’ and the life ‘o thievery she was all too fond of. So she had no problem treatin’ herself to prime seating wherever she pleased at whatever expense. There was only two ways this show could go ‘n that was either good or bad. The little devil was prepared for either…

If she was gonna go down one day, Solanine wanted to make sure she went down with treasure in hand… and this Aurora Basin was the perfect beginnin’. “Welcome to the Basin Ladies and Gentlemen, your main attraction has arrived.

Solanine

You've been sanctified
image credits

@[Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia's jerked awake at the sound of a siren, and she blinked sleepy eyes open from her nap. What was that? She narrowed her gaze through the winter fog, the night sky illuminating the land in sparkling white. The pale princess slipped out of the cave and trotted lightly through the soft, powdery snow to the entrance of the Aurora Basin, the siren sound growing consistently louder. Oh, the metal sentinels must be making that noise... How useful and obnoxious.

As soon as she came in proximity, they ceased their caterwauling, and she mused that Ulrik must have had a change of heart and indicated to these steel beasts that she was indeed a citizen of this place. A mare a set them off, one with an ebony coat and white mask on her ornate face, and Ophelia nodded to her politely, though the fog in her gaze from sleep was still slowly slipping away.

"Hello, I am Ophelia, Lady of the Aurora Basin," she introduced, her sleepy tones soft and luxurious, like a pillow. She yawned just a little, shaking the sleep off of her face with a nod of her head. "Pardon me, I just woke up. What can I do for you?" She looked over this stranger with compassion. How had she wound her way up this narrow path all alone? Why had she ventured so far on her own?

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Adoptable
Sirens wailed and danced through the evening color, makin’ the pretty little shadow dance ‘round on little hooves made ‘o slate. She wasn’t too particularly fond ‘o the sound but when the screechin’ stopped, another fascination came wanderin’ into view. Such a whimsical lookin’ creature painted in white and red… Solanine couldn’t turn her dark eyes from the girl. “Hello darling Ophelia…” she murmured sweetly. “I’m Solanine.” That shadow-mare had never seen the likes of such a creature so perfect in ‘er own imperfection. It was as if she were a rare ‘n intoxicatin’ drink thus was Solanine’s enthrallment.

Dual-colored eyes gazed back into those of endless black. One red eye, one blue; Solanine couldn’t get over it. She stared back unabashedly, obviously transfixed by the vision of fantastical beauty before ‘er. “A Lady befitting of her title at that, if I must say so myself,” she commented amusedly. Slowly, that little trickster drew closer, hopin’ to get a real good look at them brilliant multicolored eyes. She’d clearly crawled up from hell ‘n landed in artistic heaven…

Solanine nodded in response to Ophelia’s drowsy admission but ‘er attentions were elsewhere and ‘er words quite stolen by the snowy gal. Even at the brink ‘o sleep, she was still the image ‘o excellence… The little dancer couldn’t help but be captivated by ‘er superior. A Lady! she mused. A Lady… with power.

Don’t let me keep you sugar. I’d have you well rested before dealing with the likes of myself… though, I would beg of you permission… to remain here, in your Basin.” Sultry words breeched the quiet buildin’ between the two and the shadow-mare smiled diligently at her assumed new Lady. Her fascination overwhelmed ‘er as she moved forward one step more, all too caught up in them pretty eyes and immaculate coat.

Alas, the mare was home if ever there were a home for her so apt.

Solanine

You've been sanctified
image credits

@[Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia would have scoffed if she had been privy to the secret thoughts of Solanine. Ah, well, she was, but that was a power that she chose to perform lightly. She had no suspicions pertaining to this stranger, and thus no reason to go peering into the most intimate and secret of places - the mind. The pale princess, instead, inclined her head respectfully at the exchange of introductions. "I am pleased to meet you too, Solanine," she said, voice twinkling like bells.

The open stare was interesting, and she furrowed her brows. Did she have something odd on her face? Had she accidentally rubbed in dirt? Self-consciousness washed over her, and she had a sudden desire to go ensure that she was clean. The words, however, were confusing. Ophelia's gaze snapped back after her self-inspection, even more confused. Was she... complimenting or flirting? A single brow raised this time.

"Thank you," she said slowly, enunciating the words carefully. Taking compliments had never been easy, especially one on one like this. She was much more accustomed to defending herself. The mare continued to speak, the sexy drawl of her tones confusing Ophelia even more. Was this just her personality? Much like Sekhmet's? Were the lilted tones and subtle word uses just part of the charm? Or was this charm specifically being used on her?

She had never been overly concerned with gender when it came to affection, but if this was affection, it had arrived very quickly. 'In your Basin' also sounded suggestive, but she had just woken up. Everything was a little more honest in the morning before mental armor was fully donned. "You most certainly may live here," she invited warmly. "And please, may no mind - I needed to wake up regardless."

"Is there a reason why you chose this place? A task you wish to fulfill? Perhaps a job that you excel at?" Rarely did strangers invite themselves in. Usually she had to go grab them from the threshold and drag them through the snow into their isolated valley. Another step closer, and Ophelia stayed still, intrigued by the turn of events that had woken her from such boring slumber...

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Adoptable
Twinkling sound pooled outward, sluggishly creeping toward Solanine’s bent ears. Her curious eyes did not wander and instead feasted wholly on the pale Queen with vested interest. They travelled from the thin lines of her brow, down to the tip of her nose and back before returning again to eyes of ruby and sapphire. “So good to hear,” she breathed. However, the little shadow girl did not miss Ophelia’s unease. Instead she chose to overlook it altogether in favor of studying the way her skin shifted nervously or the way her gut expanded and compressed, so human.

A recognition of sorts lit dual-colored fires in the Queens eyes but Solanine did not pay them any mind. She shuffled closer, feigning friendship and hard-hearing while admiring the many things she found peculiar about the mare. “You’re too kind Ophelia, too kind,” she drawled. Pausing before her pale Lady, the little shadow dipped low while smiling. Her eyes were too bright, too suggestive and too hard to evade. Glancing about them, Solanine grinned out toward the snow-capped dunes. “It appears to me that beauty rest complements you. It shames me to have interrupted… though, you’ll tell me sometime where one would acquire such-,” her voice faced as her black gaze came back around to capture the perfect picture of Queen Ophelia. “-elegance,” she purred.

There was no question snaked into the words, only mere fact that rumbled awkwardly into the stiff breeze. But the longer she remained, the more Ophelia seemed unsettled with her forwardness. However, Solanine was not bothered and instead found herself more absorbed, taken with the mare as she was. Ophelia’s inquiries were like a suggestion or a reward for her persistence; her interest had been piqued and the masked girl was more than happy to obliged her new Lady. “One of your fine followers directed me here… pretty little thing- Sialia I believe it was. But yes, I'd like to offer you my services... I'm quite comfortable behind the scenes, in the dark, if you know what I mean.” Her slanted eyes sparkled with information and dirty secrets but as soon as her lips pouted outward on a sigh, Solanine turned away.

The more Ophelia knew, the less she would wonder… and that was not something Solanine wanted.

Solanine

You've been sanctified
image credits

OOC| Decided to writer her a little differently. The old way was tedious and annoying. x.x
@[Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Another step closer. What was this? Ophelia raised a brow again, wondering what sort of kindness she had shown at this hour when she had just woken up. She watched the stranger grin, listening to the compliments about her beauty and trying to understand them. Beauty rest? Was that what she was doing? Phi just thought she was sleeping, but apparently this one seemed to think that she was drinking from the fountain of youth in her night hours. Elegance was not a term that she would use to describe herself, but this mare seemed to be very loose with her verbiage.

Honestly, was this flirtation or pandering now? Phi shrugged slightly by rolling her shoulders. “I would not know,” she replied honestly. “True beauty comes from within.” That was a blanket statement, right? One that would satisfy well enough? The question of how she came to be here was answered, and she nodded, wondering which one of her follows did so. Ophelia was still new to this position and unsure of all the names and faces that would come along to help or hinder. Ah, Sialia helped. The pale princess smiled. Sialia was a good woman.

No, actually, Ophelia did not know what she meant entirely, but she did not think that she had to either. “If you are, then you should consider being a spy like I was,” she replied honestly. “Nothing is quite as satisfying as knowing your enemy.” The pale princess spoke from experience, having once been a spy of spies in Helovia. Her secrets had secrets. “Go see Thranduil or Roland about training for your position then, since both of them excel in their positions.” Phi nodded in the direction of the rest of the herd.

“And welcome to the Aurora Basin.” She yawned again slightly. “Caves line the perimeter. You may choose one in which to reside. I am afraid I must return to my other duties, but meeting you was quite pleasant.” Confusing, really, but that was for another time. “Feel free to call in me in the future.”